Chapter Thirty Seven

The Black Rose

Hwangmaesan County Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQO9MRA1j68 


Background Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khWXOWMnvhU 


            "Are you sure you can hike all the way up young master?" asked Nana Hyun Ae once again. Everyone turned their attention to Seung Hyun. They were all waiting anxiously for his response. "I'm feeling better than before Nana! Don't worry. I'll tell you if ever I feel dizzy or something. Plus I have Mr. Chung, Dae Sung, Seung Yoon, and Ji Yong to carry me if I faint," he replied jokingly. Mr. Chung looked at Nana Hyun Ae worriedly. It seemed like the inevitable is coming, and all too soon.

           Dae Sung looked up ahead at the hiking trail. He could see Nana Hyun Ae and Mr. Chung walking together, both leading the way. They were followed by Minzy, and Seung Yoon who was a foot behind her, obviously dawdling. He was about to look back but decided not to for he knew who would be behind him. He was then greeted by Ji Yong who put an arm around him as he said, "I guess you'll have to bear with me for a while. I'll be good company, I promise," teased Ji Yong, making Dae Sung smile, shaking his head as he did so.

            Seung Hyun held Jenny's hand as she looked up at him, smiling. "Let's go," he then said.

 

           Upon reaching the area where fields of azalea were in full bloom, both Seung Hyun and Jenny stopped on their tracks, admiring the view in front of them. "Wow! This is the first time I've seen a view this beautiful and relaxing," said Jenny who then started taking pictures. Seung Hyun looked at her and smiled, "But you are the most beautiful spring here." Hearing this, she put down her camera and looked at him, wide-eyed. He then approached her, took both her hands in his, and kissed her gently on the forehead. "I love you," he whispered.

           "Seung Hyun! Jenny! Let's eat!" called out Ji Yong from atop a rock.

 

           Upon reaching them, Seung Hyun immediately apologized, "Sorry if we just arrived now. I know you've all been waiting long enough."

           "No worries! Now... c'mon! Sit down you two and let's eat," assured Ji Yong. 

           "Oh! Before I forgot, let's all have a group picture later!" suggested Mr. Chung excitedly. 

           "Alright! Let's do that but... right now, I'm really really hungry. So could we just... please...," said Dae Sung, holding his tummy as he did so, making Mr. Chung and everyone laugh.


Background Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6S1mGAS3Y


          Jenny and Seung Hyun were sitting by a rock overlooking the fields of azalea. The wind was blowing gently around them. Seung Hyun closed his eyes, trying to feel its cold touch on his face.

           "Omo! Why is your face like this?!" Jenny blurted out, laughing loudly as she scanned the pictures she took earlier. "Why? What do I look like?" asked Seung Hyun, taking a peek at the camera. "An alien," she answered simply. He pouted upon hearing this and pretended to feel hurt, ignoring her insincere apologies. He then took her hand and looked on at the fields of azalea.

           "Did I ever tell you that my favorite time of day is between afternoon and evening?"

           Jenny looked at him curiously, and asked, "Why is that?"

          "It's because this is the time the sun sets to give way to the moon. The sun that kisses the moon from afar knowing that he'll never be with her in the same sky. And that the only thing he could leave her with is his light. The moon is always embraced by the sun's light that is why no matter how lonely she may seem, she knows that she's not alone."

         Jenny looked on in surprise upon hearing his answer. He then stood up, forcing her to do so as well. But before she even could, his legs suddenly gave way. "Seung Hyun!" she called out, panic rising in her chest. She tried to pull him up but he wasn't helping himself. It was as if he didn't know he was falling. 

          Seeing this, the others, who were roaming not that far away from them, immediately went to their side. "Take me home," instructed Seung Hyun, suddenly releasing Jenny's hand. Ji Yong motioned for Dae Sung and Seung Yoon to help him put his friend on his back. Mr. Chung immediately ran down the trails to get the bus ready while Minzy helped a frantic Nana Hyun Ae in packing up. Dae Sung then went beside Jenny, coaxing her back to her senses.

           "Jenny... please... get yourself together."

           "I'm scared Dae... i'm scared. I don't know what's happening. I thought he's okay now but why did he-,"

          Dae Sung's warm embrace immediately cut off whatever Jenny was about to say. "In time, we'll understand. God will provide. Have faith," he assured her.