Chapter Thirty Four

The Black Rose

Background Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0IS9xx94QU


        "Excuse me Miss Jenny. Young master is already awake."

 

        Jenny turned around to find Mr. Chung standing a safe distance away from them. Realizing what he had just said, she quickly stood up and ran towards the house leaving Dae Sung who hadn't move an inch from where he was sitting.

        "Are you not coming sir?" asked Mr. Chung naively.

        "I'll just come in later Mr. Chung," Dae Sung responded without taking even a glance at him.

        Mr. Chung quickly understood and immediately left him alone. Dae Sung looked up at the skies and gently closed his eyes. 

 

 

       Jenny peered in from the slightly opened door and saw Seung Hyun sitting by the edge of his bed. She knocked twice so as to signal her arrival. She then slowly walked inside just as Seung Hyun started to look up to see who it was.

         "Did I bother you?" she asked calmly.

         "No... not at all. Um, have you eaten?" Seung Hyun asked, his voice full of concern.

        Jenny gulped, surprised by his warm gesture. She avoided looking him straight in the eye so as not to let him see how much she had missed him, how much she had wanted him to care for her again, just like before. 

         "Ah... why don't you take a seat first?" he offered as he stood up to get a stool from the far corner of the room.

         "I can manage that Seung Hyun," said Jenny as she ran towards Seung Hyun to stop him from standing up, stressing himself more.

       She caught him just as he was about to take a step forward. "You need to rest. You're not that strong yet. Don't be stubborn, okay?" she insisted, pushing him down back to his bed. However, Seung Hyun did not move an inch and instead put his arms around Jenny. "I missed you," he said as tears started to fall down his cheeks. Though Jenny wanted to act strong for him, she realized she couldn't. She was already broken. One should be whole in order to carry another person's burden. Jenny placed her hands behind Seung Hyun's back as she said, "I missed you too... so much."

         "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry...," Seung Hyun kept on saying, his tears unyielding. 

         "Shhhh.... It's okay. I'm already here, ain't I?" she assured him, patting his back as she did so.

         "Forgive me Bom. Please forgive me," he begged, his body trembling from all the crying.

         "I have already forgiven you. I love you Seung Hyun," she said in response.

         Seung Hyun cried harder upon hearing this and tried to compose himself as he said, "I love you too Bom. I love you so much." Upon hearing these words from him, Jenny's tears started to fall. She had almost forgotten how it felt like to hear those words from the very person you love. It felt like music to her ears, a song that she will always remember.

 

 

        Minzy was staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come. She could not get herself to sleep no matter how exhausted she was. She kept on thinking about Seung Yoon and everything he had said to her. She was mad at herself for being so insensitive. Why had she not known how he felt for her all this time? Was she too blinded by her feelings for Dae Sung? Somehow, there was a ring of truth to what he had said. She had failed to acknowledge the wind's presence all around her. She hadn't realized until now the reason why Seung Yoon had been acting like he was lately and why she had found him by the Choi's restaurant that night freezing out in the cold. He loved her, as simple as that. "Simple?! Then am I stupid for not understanding?!" she blurted out loud without her realizing.

        On the other room, Seung Yoon lay awake under the sheets, unable to stop himself from crying. "Babo... stop crying... stop now...," he tried to tell himself over and over again as if it would lessen the pain. It would have been alright if Minzy had shouted at him or had slapped him earlier but she just froze in place, unable to say anything. She didn't stop him from walking away nor followed him to his room to comfort him. He now understood completely that he really had no chance with her. Or was his approach too selfish that she was left speechless? "Aish! I don't know!" he told himself loudly. 

 

 

          "Jenny... this may sound selfish, but please hold my hand too. So that when the time comes that you have to let go of his, you still have mine," whispered Dae Sung to himself. He could only whisper these things to the wind, hoping it could reach her. Because he respects her as much as he loves her. He could not get himself to ruin a relationship as beautiful as Jenny and Seung Hyun's. The only thing he could do is wait, even if it takes an entire lifetime. "Love is patient. Love is kind," he told himself quietly.