Chapter Twenty Three

The Black Rose

Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/jeremyoppa/4men-knock-knock-knock


                Jenny and Dae Sung tried their best to come up with a plan, but decided that confronting her would be still be the best idea. So, when evening came, both decided to have a stroll instead by the Han River to clear their minds and prepare themselves, especially Jenny, for what they were about to deal with later. They each have tried for several times to contact both Minzy and Seung Yoon, but they seemed too busy to answer their calls. 

                 "Do you think Seung Yoon is with Minzy now?" asked Dae Sung, slowing down his pace as they neared the Banpo rainbow bridge.

                  "I hope so... I really do," she answered, glancing at him.

                  Dae Sung paused and checked his watch for the time, it was five minutes before the hour of eight. He then grabbed Jenny's hand and ran towards the nearest fence where people were already starting to gather. Jenny was again surprised by Dae Sung's actions, which clearly, he hadn't thought much about. 

                 Just as they reached the fence, the bridge started to light up. And Jenny, though a bit breathless from running, was once more smitten by its beauty. Dae Sung glanced at her once and breathed deeply, whatever he felt towards her was now stronger than ever. 


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/oxev/03-romance-instrumental-choi


                  After having dinner, Minzy finally came out of the restaurant accompanied by Seung Hyun and Mr. Chung. "Are you sure you still want to accompany me and Mr. Chung?" asked Minzy, fishing for her phone as she did so. Mr. Chung excused himself as he was going to fetch the car from the house, which was just a street away. "I'm sure. I... I just want to see her," he answered, looking at Mr. Chung as he walked away. "You miss her, don't you?" Minzy asked sadly. He just nodded, trying to hide his deep sadness from her. Minzy finally found her phone. She then texted Jenny that she was now on her way home. Seeing that Seung Hyun was looking at her questioningly, she tried to explain to him why she texted her bestfriend.

                 "I promised her I would let her know whether I was coming home already. I've been under suspicion for quite a few days now and was almost caught last night by her cousin. Apparently, they doubted what I said regarding a new work in a restaurant because of me coming home late at night almost everyday. Also, they might have gotten suspicious because they didn't see me apply for a job and suddenly, I have one."

                 "I told you... you could have just left me alone and not bother yourself with-," he broke off as Minzy interrupted.

                 "Why are you being so stubborn? You know...," she trailed off.

                Minzy's eyes suddenly grew wide. She was looking at something from behind him. Seeing this, Seung Hyun turned around and saw Seung Yoon. Though he didn't know his name, he was familiar to him. After all, he had been following Jenny ever since that day he accidentally bumped into her at Hongdae. 

                 "You!" shouted Seung Yoon, pointing at Seung Hyun. He started to walk towards him, and then, he collapsed.


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/jeremyoppa/4men-knock-knock-knock


                Jenny, who was enjoying herself too much, almost forgot that she had a text message. She fished for her phone and saw that it was a message from Minzy. "She's on her way home. Hmmm... a little too early," she thought out loudly. Dae Sung then held her hand as he said, "Then let's go home now."

                The two walked leisurely towards the subway station. This time, Dae Sung had let go of her hand because he got too shy and was actually regretting holding her hand. "She might think I'm too fast," he thought to himself. He pounded on his head once in frustration and Jenny caught this. She giggled at this sight. He just scratched his head at her and smiled an awkward smile.


Background Music:https://soundcloud.com/ost-forever/instrumental-playful-kiss


              Minzy and Seung Hyun quickly ran towards where Seung Yoon was and tried to wake him up. "Seung Yoon!" cried out Minzy. She was shaking him so hard that Seung Hyun had to hold both her hands to stop her from doing so. "Minzy... Minzy! Stop it!" shouted Seung Hyun. Minzy, now aware of what she was doing, looked at him with tear-stricken face.

               "He's hot... I think... I thi... nk... he has a fever," she stuttered, apparently confused as to what she was supposed to do.

               "I say let's take him inside," instructed Seung Hyun.

               "But... but Jenny... she'll be waiting for me," she said anxiously. 

               "Just say you were suddenly asked to do overtime," he suggested, lifting Seung Yoon into his arms.

               "I told her I was on my way! Now, I would really come out as a liar," she said, panic evident in her voice.

             "Well then...," he said breathlessly as he started to walk towards the entrance of the restaurant, "...tell her your co-workers invited you to go out. You... can't say no... to a company dinner."

            Minzy accepted this suggestion instead and immediately texted her bestfriend so as not to arouse more suspicion now that Seung Yoon had finally unveiled her secret.