Chapter Thirty Six

The Black Rose

               "Let's all go on a trip to Hwangmaesan County Park!" announced Seung Hyun that morning. Minzy and Seung Yoon had just arrived when the announcement was made. They were both surprised with Seung Hyun's renewed energy. Seeing this, Jenny gained a new sense of hope... hope that he might get better after all. Dae Sung looked at Jenny whose face was now painted with a smile. He brightened up at this sight as he thought to himself, "Could you just stay like this forever Jenny?" Just then Mr. Chung spoke up, interrupting his thoughts, "But young master! You are still weak."

           "He is right," agreed Nana Hyun Ae. "What you need to do now is to rest so you'll be able to recover faster. After that, we could go anywhere you wish to go," she added.

           "But it's already the first week of May! Spring is almost coming to an end. I want Bom to see how beautiful spring is here in Korea," Seung Hyun said as he beamed at Jenny. "While I still can...," he then thought to himself, not looking away from Jenny.

 

           After breakfast, Dae Sung found his bestfriend sitting alone by the pond. "Hey there buddy! Why are you here all by yourself? Why don't you go inside and help with the packing of our snacks for later?" he asked Seung Yoon unsuspectingly, sitting beside him as he did so. "I... don't know if I'll be able to go," answered Seung Yoon.

            "What?! You're not coming with us? Why?"

            "I'm just... not in the mood, I guess."

            "That's a first. Between the two of us, you were the one who was always game for anything. Does... does it somehow... have anything to do with Minzy?"

           Seung Yoon looked at Dae Sung as if he had accused him of killing someone. Dae Sung turned towards him and stifled a laugh. "What? I'm your bestfriend. I know you as much as you know me," said Dae Sung, a smile plastered on his face. "We might not have been able to talk for quite a while now, but I am pretty sure I'm still updated with what's going on with you," he added.

            "Why? You've been talking with Minzy?"

           Dae Sung smirked and said, "I can hear jealousy from that simple question. I don't need to talk with Minzy to find out how you feel towards her. You're already giving it away."

            Seung Yoon sighed and was about to ask his bestfriend whether he already knew about Minzy's feelings for him, but decided otherwise. He knew well enough not to put Minzy in another awkward situation. 

           "Don't give up on her. She may not look at you now but always have hope and believe on that 0.01% chance that things will soon turn around and everything will be in favor to you," advised Dae Sung.

             "0.01%... it's better than nothing... I suppose," replied Seung Yoon. And realizing what he had just said, he smiled.

 

             A mini bus pulled up at the front of the Choi's residence just as everyone was coming out.  

            "Woah! How did you manage to look for this in such a short time Mr. Chung?" asked Seung Hyun, surprised yet amazed by his most trusted man's abilities.

             "Let's just say, I have a lot of connections," replied Mr. Chung, winking at his beloved young master as he did so.

           "And I guess I am one of those connections," announced someone whose voice seemed to be coming from behind the vehicle; it was Ji Yong.

            "I would never have guessed," said Seung Hyun, putting his arms over his bestfriend's shoulders as he continued on excitedly, "So... what are we all waiting for, let's all hop in!"