♪ (almost like) The Real Thing by AleatoryThinker

♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪ | Reviews and Recs [CLOSED for requests & READ CH. 37]
R E V I E W
THE REAL THING
 
5f5435b3-c1e6-435e-844d-fe196ca94420_zps  
         by AleatoryThinker
         Super Junior || KyuWeok
         comedy | romance
         Chaptered | Completed
         Reviewed up to Chapter 12
         Reviewed by Chunkee__
 
No Other
       by Super Junior

Title (3/5):

Honestly speaking, your title was really disturbing. (almost like) The Real Thing. I was confused as to why your title was like that. You could have created something more creative and short at the same time.

In relevance to the story, it was almost like the real thing. For a moment there, I thought that Kyuhyun and Ryeowook really adopted a baby. (Woops. Spoiler Alert.) 

Appearance (3/5):

There were some inconsistent chapters wherein some chapters were short and some were long. Also, spacing was good. Since you didn't have the poster, I graded you based on the chapter appearance.

The part wherein the thoughts or writing of Kyuhyun was on a different font was good too.

Foreword/Description (7/10):

I honestly loved the description. It gave a crunch to it. Even though, it was a very small and minute information for a reader to read, it gave out a lot of thoughts about the idea. What kind of sound was that? Where does it come from? It definitely hooked me up.

In terms of your foreword, nothing much. It was meant for some author note's or some reminders. 

Plot/Storyline (17/20):

The fact that the assignment was just a project made me smile. For just two days, a lot of mistakes and healing were made. You portrayed the imperfections of love and a baby. Lol. How should I say this. You made everything seem so real and the mistakes that the characters portrayed was astounding. I personally love the story telling part. It was really a heart felt confession of Kyuhyun's feelings to Ryeowook.

Though some chapters seemed to look boring, it was entertaining to see the development of Kyuhyun's baby. Especially the baby journal. It was a nice thing to check how Kyuhyun's feelings grow for the mechanical baby. Not technically though.

I was especially suprised by the sudden make-out scene. Lol. Just a side note. :]

Character Development (22/30):

Solid personalities. Humane doings and attitudes. Love was imperfect yet portrayed the acceptance between the two. It was seemingly perfect but nearly perfect portrayal of human beings.

Kyuhyun was the guy who would easily get pissed off and annoyed over such small things but Ryeowook would come in and help him.

It was nice to see the development of the two grow throughout the story. Their love and patience for each other was a nice thing to see. 

Use of Language / Mechanics (17/20):

There were some phrases that needed to be explained thoroughly but grammar was amazing. Words that weren't used everyday were there and mixed with some common words. I need not to explain everything since your words were pretty amazing.

In terms of imagery or some figurative langue you used, it was used perfectly to the story. The scent of coffee and the piercing screams of the baby. Everything was good.

Flow (9/10):

Everything was perfectly balanced. You also named the chapter in their specific time so there is no need to emphasize the sudden jump of twist. I don't need to explain a lot. It was, like I said, perfectly balanced.

Reader’s View / Enjoyment:

Enjoyment? I loved it. Though some parts were a bit boring. It was a nice thing to read some Super Junior stories. Honestly speaking, I haven't been a fan of Super Junior ever since. So I clearly adjusted my preferences and let my eyes read aimlessly.

It was a great story. Period. It was a heart felt story and I don't know what to add anymore. Lol.

 

Final Score: (78/100)


Additional Comments:

I think I have stated everything up there *points* so I got nothing to say. Though I write genres, I haven't been reading a lot these days since school treated me like an . I heard that you are in China and I wish to say, Ni Hao to you. Lol.  This was the shortest review ever. Since, I think, I gave my feedback and there were some minor problems but it is your job to look and correct it. Some suggestions I might add?

You might want to add the character's feelings. Sure, dialogues were there and feelings but it lacked that strong presence of their feelings. Imagery would be nice and some figurative languages and you are set.

If I have done a great job reviewing your story, might want to upvote the story and wish us luck for the closing?

Sorry for the late review though. School was just a mess,

 

Review Credit to Chunkee__ from ♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪