★ Children of Angels by ninetyseven&yumikk623;

♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪ | Reviews and Recs [CLOSED for requests & READ CH. 37]
F E A T U R E D
 
5f5435b3-c1e6-435e-844d-fe196ca94420_zps  
         by ninetyseven&yumikk623
         Multi Groups || MinYoon
         fantasy | romance
         Chaptered | On-going
         Reviewed by Chunkee__
         Score: 81.0%
 
♪ Beautiful Stranger
       by F(x)
BRIEF REASON FOR FEATURING

I just can't help but feel so ecstatic while reading it. I absolutely love this type of gene because it doesn't exist and yet you made the characters seems alive and real. Okay. So it didn't reach the 90% grade of this shop but hell to the no. I am not going to just not feature this story. It really is amazing. I love how they descibed the place, letting the readers picture it and imagining it inside their head. *breathes in and breathes out* I totally recommend this to people who likes fantasy, supernatural, sci-fi and I bet, lots of drama. Oh! Mystery is also included. I ain't gonna tell is I can spoil you guys. Anyways, YOU"RE FEATURED!

Title (4/5):

Children of Angels. I thought it will be all about gods fighting for something but it wasn't. I love the title. It's the type of genre that I would really like to read and the title really sticks in my mind.

Anyhow, this is a good title and it really relates to your story.

Appearance (4/5):

Your poster was really good. It sets a dark yet a mysterious feeling. Just like the genre your going to play. A fantasy genre sets a mysterious feel because you won't know what will happen. In short, the poster was great.

Foreword/Description (7/10):

The description was nice. I didn't mind seeing the profile in it too. It wasn't too long or too short either.

It was nice how you place the strength and weaknesses in the character profiles. It did reveal the storyline but what made it interesting is how you wrote it in your story. It also gave an introduction to what the characters can be.

The foreword. There was something in it that gave me the chills. It felt wrong. I guess that you could place a brief background as to why Nephilims vanished and why there were there in the first place. This is just a suggestion though.

Overall, I like how you neatly did it. No flowery decorations and it wasn't stacked unlike other stories out there.

Plot/Storyline (16/20):

Though you used the same kind of specie I see every fantasy story I've seen. But you added the word 'Nephilim', which added more fire into your story. 

The plot was unqiue but it gets a bit boring, from the way I see it. But it got interesting at the end of some chapters. You left questions hanging and that is a plus when writing stories.

Also, it wasn't placed in Korea. It was really great and fresh.

Character Development (26/30):

There were many characters but you made an effort of making the main ones stand out. You made each and every character stand out and I think that was your strong aspect in your story. It was stable and steady too. You can easily imagine them and their personalities were real enough to be felt.

Use of Language / Mechanics (15/20):

Since you mostly used the past tense, might as well change all the 'is' to 'was'. it confused me seeing the swtich between the past to present. Also, you also forgot to place the punctuation marks in almost every dialogue present in your story. Just place a period or a comma after the dialogues and you're done. Last mistake, the use of ellipses. An ellipses contains only 3 periods. Not 4 or 5 or 6. Just 3. Just lessen it.

Now, the positive side. CONGRATULATIONS! You really have a great sense of using the words. It was perfect and you described everything really well. Thumbs up!

Flow (9/10):

The flow was great. Even though it happened for like 5 days to a week, the pace was really great and the connections made sense. Good job!

Reader’s View / Enjoyment:

Like I said, I love this genre and I can't frown possibly  my way out of it. I like how you placed everything and the pieces of it really made sense. Since this is a fantasy genre and it doesn't really happen in real life but you gave it a more realistic side. In fact, I interpreted it in my own mind if this was used in the real world. It was more like an underground thing. I love it and I hope you'll never stop updating!

Final Score: (81/100)

Additional Comments:

I didn't have much to say since I clearly stated everything up there. I loved this story so much and I really wanted it to be featured which it did happen but your use of punctuation marks and the misuse of verbs really made me hit the ground hard. Anyways, I love the story and seeing the reaction your readers are giving, might want to work hard and love your story! Hope that you'll continue with more drama and suspense! And if you think I have done a great job, how about an upvote for the shop and spread the word, yeah? 

P.S.: I subscribed to your story because it was too awesome.


Review Credit to Chunkee__ from ♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪