Love Problems

Queer & Proud

Jongin huffed once more and pulled the struggling boy behind him forward, dragging him down the hallway. Baekhyun yelled and struggled against Jongin’s tight grip, trying to break free.

 

“Kim freaking Jongin, let me go now!” Baekhyun tried to twist his arm, but Jongin, being much stronger, easily pushed Baekhyun’s arm back and gave him a deadly glare.

 

“YAH!” Baekhyun screamed, his voice resonating in the empty hallway. “LET ME GO !”

 

“Over my ing dead body,” Jongin snapped back, “you’ve been y and whiny for the past three days. I can’t, and I won’t, deal with it any longer.”

 

“Come on, this is freaking unfair. You don’t understand the seriousness of the situation here!” Baekhyun whined as he fought back, stomping his foot on the ground.

 

Jongin snorted and paused briefly, staring back at Baekhyun.

 

“I know exactly what’s going on. You’re being stubborn and ridiculous. It’s time I put an end to this. Even Luhan started complaining to me about your behavior, and you know that er is freaking rainbows and sunshines all the freaking time!”

 

“Okay, okay, I may have been a little sensitive these past couple of days. But I swear it’ll get better!”

 

“That’s bull and you know it too,” Jongin snapped back before tightening his grip on Baekhyun’s arm and dragging him across the schoolyard. “You are going to eat some damn ice cream or I will shove it down your throat.”

 

“JONGIN!” Baekhyun yelled as the two boys stumbled into Baskin Robbins. “You are an annoying as hell motherer and I swear I will kill you one day-.”

 

Baekhyun’s voice came to a sudden stop as his eyes landed on Chanyeol, who was standing behind the cashier and giving the two boys an amused look.

 

“You’re back,” Chanyeol finally spoke up, breaking the icy silence. Baekhyun was completely frozen, his arm still in Jongin’s firm hold.

 

Jongin cleared his throat and slowly let go of Baekhyun’s arm. “Yes he is.” Suddenly, his eyes narrowed and he pointed an accusing finger in Chanyeol’s direction.

 

“Wait. Aren’t you Park Chanyeol? Kyungsoo’s friend?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes flickered to Jongin and his mouth stretched into a smirk.

 

“Yeah, I’m Chanyeol. You’re Kim Jongin. Kyungie’s stalker.”

 

Jongin scoffed and he crossed his arms. “I am not his stalker, I’m his future boyfriend. And don’t call him Kyungie!”

 

Chanyeol cocked an eyebrow.

 

“Kyungsoo and I have been friends for five years now. I’m pretty sure I get to call him anything I want.”

 

Jongin scoffed and looked almost offended, but catching the look of shock and terror on Baekhyun’s face, dropped the subject.

 

“Look, I just came here to drop this guy off,” Jongin pat Baekhyun’s head and pushed him in Chanyeol’s direction. “Just get him something to eat ASAP. I can’t deal with his attitude anymore. Oh, and get him back in one piece alright?”

 

“Excuse me?” Chanyeol looked confused but Jongin was already out the door, heading back to school. He sighed and looked at the short guy in front of him looking terrified and awkward.

 

“Baekhyun, right?” Chanyeol asked with a wide grin. Baekhyun finally broke out of his daze and looked up at Chanyeol with wide, wavering eyes.

 

“You didn’t tell me your name last time so I had to ask around,” Chanyeol teased and leaned forward, propping his arms on top of the marble table. “I kind of expected you to come earlier. I had to wait for three whole days, you know.”

 

“I-I’m sorry?” Baekhyun stammered. “I wasn’t aware that you were waiting for me.”

 

“It’s not everyday that I meet someone so interesting,” Chanyeol chuckled, “not to mention cute.”

 

Baekhyun blushed beet red and he dropped his gaze, looking at everything but Chanyeol. Chanyeol laughed at this and pointed at the glass case. “You should probably order before your friend Jongin comes back and tries to decapitate me for starving you.”

 

Baekhyun laughed shakily before taking out his wallet and placing them on top of the counter.

 

“Strawberry, please.”

 

“Got it,” Chanyeol winked at him and began to scoop a huge amount of ice cream into a cup. He handed it to Baekhyun with a cheeky smile.

 

“Extra for cutie here.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t think his face could turn redder, but when it did, he quickly snatched the cup out of Chanyeol’s hands with his sweaty hands and shivered when their fingers touched. Chanyeol didn’t seem to notice and merely smiled warmly as the shorter guy stumbled back towards the door.

 

“Byun Baekhyun! Come back soon!” Chanyeol yelled. Baekhyun turned his head and managed to smile weakly before he slammed the door behind him and for the second time ran back to school.



 

 


 

“Is he alright?” Luhan asked as he and Sehun took their respective seats around their lunch table. Minseok sighed and pat the back of Baekhyun’s head.

 

“Apparently Jongin dragged him to the ice cream shop today,” Minseok said and looked down at Baekhyun’s slumped over figure in pity. “Poor guy. He’s been like this ever since.”

 

“Well good for Jongin! It was time Baekhyun stopped being so-” Luhan chirped, but was cut off when Baekhyun shot up and glared at the older.

 

“I dare you to finish that sentence,” Baekhyun seethed, “my life is ruined because of that bastard. Where the is he anyway?”

 

“Chasing Kyungsoo again, obviously,” Jongdae managed to say in between bites of a delicious looking sandwich, “I saw them going at it again this morning. Kyungsoo was yelling at him and Jongin was following him around and begging the guy to listen to him.”

 

“Oh dear, again?” Luhan said. “I thought things were improving.”

 

“Things will never improve between those two-”

 

“Okay! Enough!” Baekhyun slammed his fist on the table. “I’m having a crisis here! Jongin’s incurable love troubles should be the least of your concerns.”

 

Sehun was the first one to look at Baekhyun and his head in confusion.

 

“What’s wrong Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun groaned and slumped down in his seat. His eyes made their way to a table at the opposite corner of the cafeteria.

 

“He’s my problem,” Baekhyun whispered. The whole table turned around and stared at Chanyeol who was currently reading a novel. When the boy lifted his head at the sudden attention, everyone quickly averted their eyes.

 

“Park Chanyeol?” Jongdae asked, “Chanyeol, Kyungsoo’s friend Park Chanyeol, is your problem?”

 

Baekhyun’s head rolled back and he closed his eyes.

 

“Don’t say his name. I feel sick.”

 

“What did Chanyeol do?” Luhan asked, “I thought you guys didn’t know each other.”

 

“We didn’t,” Baekhyun confirmed, “at least, not until a few days ago. The problem here is that he thinks I’m a complete idiot now.”

 

“Baekhyun,” Minseok said as he leaned forward and placed a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder, “why does it matter what Chanyeol thinks of you?”

 

The whole table turned silent and turned to look at Baekhyun, waiting for an answer. Baekhyun’s throat went dry and he avoided the eyes of his curious friends.

 

“It’s because he likes the freaking guy, that’s why,” Jongin said as he sat down in the remaining empty seat next to Sehun. “You should’ve seen him earlier. It was kind of pathetic.”

 

“Where did you come from?” Luhan shot, leaning over Sehun to peer at Jongin’s tired face. “You look horrible.”

 

“I had some business to attend to,” Jongin muttered. He looked at Baekhyun and cocked his head. “So how did your little date go?”

 

“It wasn’t a date,” Baekhyun sneered, “thanks to you I acted like a lovesick preschooler in front of him.”

 

Jongin shrugged. “I had my own problems to deal with, alright? You take care of your own love problems.”

 

.” Baekhyun snapped back. Sehun exchanged glances with Luhan and was about to ask the senior something when he caught sight of Chanyeol standing up and walking towards their table.

 

“Uh, Baekhyun, is there a reason to why Park Chanyeol is coming over right now?” Sehun asked as he turned around and looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he gaped as Chanyeol stopped beside him and gave him a wide smile.

 

“Hey there,” Chanyeol said, and Baekhyun had to keep himself from drooling over his irresistibly low and y voice.

 

“Hi,” Baekhyun whispered back. Chanyeol looked at the others briefly, giving each of them a bright and polite smile before finally landing on Jongin.

 

“Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo just locked himself in his room and I’m pretty sure I could hear crying from in there. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but I’m afraid my best friend only gets this worked up over you.”

 

The whole table turned silent and all five heads turned to Jongin. Jongin’s face darkened and he lowered his eyes to stare at the ground. Luhan laughed awkwardly to break the tense silence as he faced Chanyeol.

 

“I’m sure Jongin didn’t do anything to upset Kyungsoo. Jongin will never do anything to hurt your friend and you know that.”

 

“I’m not saying Jongin hurt my friend intentionally. I just want to know why he’s so upset.”

 

“If you want to find that out, you should probably go and ask him yourself-”

 

“It’s my fault,” Jongin finally spoke up, his voice strained, “it’s all my fault. I upset Kyungsoo. I’m sorry Chanyeol.”

 

Everyone sat still, completely stunned by the vulnerability shown by Jongin. The usual cocky, playful facade Jongin had on all the time was nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun’s eyes drooped and he grabbed Jongin’s arm, squeezing it tightly.

 

Chanyeol looked pretty taken aback at the whole ordeal and his eyes softened.

 

“No, it’s fine. Just work things out with him, alright?” Chanyeol nodded at Jongin, who looked up and offered him a small, weak smile.

 

Chanyeol took a step back and switched his gaze to Baekhyun. “See you later Baekhyun,” he said, startling the smaller boy. Baekhyun looked up and with wide eyes, nodded hesitantly.

 

“B-bye Chanyeol,” he managed to say before Chanyeol waved at the crew and walked away.

 

Sehun and Luhan immediately looked at Jongin in worry. Minseok and Jongdae were sitting silently in their seats, unable to say anything to reassure the miserable boy. Baekhyun looked at everyone and slowly pulled Jongin up.

 

“We’ll head out first,” Baekhyun said softly. Everyone nodded and muttered quiet goodbyes as the two boys walked out of sight.

 

“I wonder what happened,” Luhan whispered, biting his lips anxiously, “I’ve seen Jongin broken before, but this is the first time I saw him so utterly devastated. Kyungsoo crying isn’t a common sight either.”

 

“Whatever’s going on between those two is ed up as hell,” Jongdae sighed as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration, “something has to happen, and it has to happen fast.

 

Sehun looked over to the entrance to the cafeteria. He sighed and turned to face Luhan.

 

“Luhan, I’m going to go check up on Kyungsoo. You don’t mind do you?”

 

Luhan blinked in surprise. “You know Kyungsoo? I thought you guys barely talked after the first day.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “We talked at the library the other day. I want to see if he’s alright. I’ll catch up with you later.”

 

Luhan nodded and gave Sehun a quick smile as the latter stood up, gathered his things, and walked out of the cafeteria. Minseok and Jongdae looked at Luhan with amused grins.

 

“Looks like the new kid opened up to you quite a bit, Lu,” Jongdae teased. Luhan blushed and crossed his arms with a huff.

 

“I think he’s slowly getting used to this whole situation. At least he’s not glaring or pushing everyone away, right? He’s such a sweet kid once you get to know him.”

 

“Especially to you?” Minseok added, earning an exasperated sigh from Luhan.

 

Jongdae chuckled. “Come on. I lost my appetite after the whole showdown. Let’s go out and get some fresh air. I don’t remember the last time us three oldies got some time to ourselves without the youngsters butting in.”


Minseok and Luhan laughed loudly as the three stood up and exited the cafeteria.

 


I may be able to update one or two more chapters before I'm off :) So make sure to come back for more, alright?

The next couple of chapters will center around Kaisoo, then will come Hunhan, and then Baekyeol for a couple of chapters. Like you guys probably noticed, I try my best to fit in at least two couples per chapter. KAISOO IS COMING UP GUYS, SO BE EXCITED!

On that note, I made a poll to ask you guys what couple you like the best so far. I know the story is only 9 chapter in and I barely showed you guys any proper interactions, but I was just curious to what your opinions may be. You don't even really need a reason :P Just a couple that stands out to you and makes you squeal and stuff lolol

After you vote, please leave a comment below to why you like that particular couple! haha :)

Don't forget to vote and subscribe, guys!