Neatfreak

Queer & Proud

Of all the classes he was forced to take this year, literature was Jongin’s least favorite. He absolutely detested the class. He hated the fact that he was forced to sit down and decipher something that a person he didn’t even know had written down years ago. Metaphors, ironies, symbolism: they seemed all ridiculous to him. Why couldn’t the guy just right down exactly what he meant, instead of going around in circles and taking forever to say something he could easily say in a sentence!

 

The only reason Jongin sat still during the class without leaving midway was because Do Kyungsoo, his roommate and his crush for nine years, loved the stinking subject. Jongin had only two classes with the said crush, but in calculus Kyungsoo was never outspoken. However, literature was a different story. Jongin beamed every time Kyungsoo raised his hand and answered a question with pure happiness drawn on his face.

 

“Now, can anyone tell me what the poet was trying to tell the readers with this simile here?”

 

Jongin’s eyes focused on a bouncing head in the front and grinned widely as he saw a hand shoot up. When he caught a guy in front of him also raise his hand, he frowned and swiftly kicked his chair, making the guy quickly drop his hand and turn around to face Jongin’s glare. He gulped and nodded, understanding exactly what Jongin was saying.

 

Don’t you dare interrupt Kyungsoo.

 

The teacher scanned the room before landing on Kyungsoo. She sighed but offered him a tired smile.

 

“Yes Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo dropped his hand, matched the teacher’s smile with double the enthusiasm, and cleared his throat.

 

“The poet was trying to express a sense of ambiguity during this particular event.”

 

The teacher clapped her hands and looked at the rest of the class with disapproval.

 

“Once again, Kyungsoo is right. Students, if you even put half the effort Kyungsoo puts into this class, you would all be passing this class with flying grades.”

 

Kyungsoo faced around and looked at the class with a proud smirk. The rest of the class rolled their eyes, but Jongin caught Kyungsoo’s eyes and gave him a thumbs up. It was Kyungsoo’s time to scoff and he quickly turned around to face the teacher once again.

 

Kyungsoo answered a few more questions and before he knew it the class had ended. Jongin sighed, for the first time sad about class ending so soon, and eyed Kyungsoo’s every move carefully. When the latter stood up after putting all of his things in his bag, Jongin jumped up and skipped over to his desk.

 

“Kyung! Let’s go back to our dorm together.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed and swung his bag across his back.

 

“No, Jongin. I’m going alone.

 

Jongin pouted and stared as Kyungsoo pushed past him and walked out of the room. The remaining students snickered, and Jongin made sure to glare at them as he followed Kyungsoo out.

 

“Kyungsoo! Wait up!”

 

Jongin yelled as he scurried after the smaller boy, but he was suddenly pulled into a sharp halt as someone grabbed his arms and pulled him back. Jongin narrowed his eyes and made the most menacing growl he could make as he faced anyone who dared to stop him from chasing his Kyungsoo.

 

Jongdae grinned widely as he looked at Jongin’s furious face.

 

“Aw, is little Jonginnie pissed because I stopped him from stalking his forever crush?” Jongdae teased.

 

Jongin snatched his arm away. “What do you want?”

 

Jongdae crossed his arms, looking at Jongin with a satisfied smirk.

 

“I don’t know how you think chasing Do Kyungsoo will ever get him to like you.”

 

“It’s called expressing my feelings.”

 

Jongdae scoffed and rolled his eyes, oblivious to Jongin’s narrowing eyes.

 

“I think Kyungsoo got the message, Jongin. And he is clearly not interested.”

 

Jongin huffed and scanned the hallway for any signs of his crush.

 

“He’ll eventually fall for me,” Jongin muttered, “just wait and see.”

 

Jongin walked off, going in the same direction Kyungsoo had disappeared to moments ago. Jongdae sighed as he watched his best friend, normally proud and arrogant, chasing the tails of someone impossible to achieve.

 

Jongin ran to his dorm room, a wide smile sketched on his face. He had his whole day planned out: he would go back to his room, ask Kyungsoo for some help on his homework, offer to watch a movie with the said person, confess to him while eating dinner, and happily fall asleep in each others arms.

 

Jongin happily skipped to his room and slammed open the door. His smile immediately widened when he saw Kyungsoo sitting on his desk, a small frown on his face as he concentrated on a homework assignment.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin exclaimed as he ran over and dragged a chair beside Kyungsoo, “I’m back!”

 

Kyungsoo’s frown deepened and a small sigh escaped from his lips.

 

“Yes, I see that.”

 

Jongin giggled and leaned his head on his hand, staring at Kyungsoo while he wrote down some notes on his notebook.

 

“So....I was wondering if you could help me with that chemistry homework we were assigned today?”

 

Kyungsoo slammed down his pencil and glared at Jongin. “No. You should be doing your own homework.”

 

Jongin scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. “But you know I’m no good at chemistry. You’re the smartest student in our school, so I thought maybe you could help me.”

 

Kyungsoo glowered and stood up, gathering his books in his hands.

 

“I said no. Get someone else to help you.”

 

Kyungsoo spun around and stomped out the room. Jongin’s eyes widened in panic and he jumped up, calling after the shorter male.

 

“Wait, Kyungsoo, where are you-”

 

Jongin was cut off by a loud slam and he was faced with a tightly closed door. He sighed and slumped down on his chair.

 

“I don’t get it,” he muttered as he stared at the empty seat beside him, “I’m not doing anything wrong.”

 

Dragging his body up, Jongin walked over to his own desk, which was almost spotless from the lack of study he did. He picked up his phone and called the first person on his contact list.

 

After a couple of rings, a monotone voice spoke out, reeking with annoyance.

 

“What.”

 

“I need to see you.”

 

A long silence followed before a sigh was heard.

 

“What is it now?”

 

“Kyungsoo just walked out on me.”

 

Jongin winced slightly when he heard a frustrated scream.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me! You’re calling me because Kyungsoo walked out on you? Get used to it, you bloody idiot!”

 

“Look, I just need fresh air. I’ll buy you ice cream. How about that?”

 

Jongin could hear the hesitation from the other and knew it was his victory.

 

“.....fine. Meet me at Baskin Robbins in 5 minutes. If you’re late I’m leaving. Got it?”

 

Jongin hummed back a reply and quickly hung up. All he had to do was grab a light cardigan before he ran out and went to the ice cream shop right near the campus. He grinned when he caught sight of a blue beanie and slumped down in the seat across from the person.

 

“You just never stop falling for that ice cream bait, do you?”

 

Baekhyun grumbled and quickly checked his phone, only to frown deeper.

 

“One minute early. I guess I”ll let you go this time.”

 

Jongin grinned widely before he fished out his wallet from his pocket. He followed Baekhyun to the counter and stared as Baekhyun began inspecting each flavor with a look of deep concentration.

 

“This is alright, but then I’m not particularly in the mood for sour.....hmmm....maybe this one? No, no, too sweet,” Baekhyun mumbled, “gah, this one is absolutely terrible! Wonder who actually buys this horrible -”

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Jongin said, “will you just choose already? It’s not a matter of life and death. You’ll be back by tomorrow anyway.”

 

“Shut up,” Baekhyun snapped back. He turned around and finally seemed to come to a decision. He looked up at the scooper with a determined look.

 

“I’ll take this one. Three scoops, please.”

 

“Three scoops?!”

 

Baekhyun whipped around and glared at Jongin. Jongin gulped, smiled awkwardly, and reluctantly handed the cashier some bills.

 

“Three scoops...,” Jongin muttered as Baekhyun happily received the cone and jumped back to his seat, “freaking mental, that one.”

 

“I heard you,” Baekhyun said, but seemed too engrossed with his ice cream to take any action. Jongin slumped down and stared at his friend slurp a huge cone.

 

“Just out of curiosity, where does all that ice cream even go? You’re freaking tiny.”

 

Jongin grimaced as Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and kicked Jongin’s shin.

 

“Alright, alright, I’ll shut up now.”

 

It took Baekhyun a total of 7 minutes to finish his snack. He happily threw the label in the trashcan and turned around, finally acknowledging Jongin’s presence.

 

“So, what’s up?

 

Jongin scoffed. “Well, thank you for caring. It warms my heart. Really.”

 

“Don’t mention it,” Baekhyun waved his hand and crossed his leg. He stared at Jongin with a bored look.

 

“You know, if you aren’t going to start talking, I have much better places to be at right now.”

 

Jongin glared at the shorter boy.

 

“Okay, so long story short, Kyungsoo got pissed and walked away.”

 

Baekhyun blinked. “Isn’t that the whole story?”

 

“Well, no, I still haven’t told you about what I was planning to do and what I was doing with him but the main point is that Kyungsoo is totally avoiding me and-”

 

“So it is the whole story.”

 

“I bought you ice cream so you will shut up and listen, okay?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but nevertheless closed his mouth.

 

“I just don’t understand why Kyungsoo can’t see it! It’s pretty obvious to everyone else, isn’t it? We’re meant to be.”

 

Baekhyun muttered a small no under his breath but Jongin kept going.

 

“I love him, and I know deep inside his heart, he is infatuated with me. I mean, if you just see the way he looks at me when he thinks I’m not looking. Those eyes, filled with love and adoration and passion all in one, no wonder I can’t help but fall for him.

 

Delusional

 

Baekhyun mouthed. He glanced at Jongin, who was currently staring outside the window with bright fiery eyes, going on and on about how perfect Kyungsoo was. With a deep sigh, he leaned back and decided he ought to get a good nap.

 

 

 

 

The clock was already reading seven, and Sehun was absolutely exhausted. He buried himself in his blankets and closed his eyes, hoping to get some sleep. The shock and the pain he had gotten today was a little too overwhelming, and Sehun needed some time to absorb all the newfound details about this school.

 

So, my new school just happens to be an extremely exclusive school for the homouals of South Korea.

 

Sehun sat up abruptly. What exactly were his parents thinking? Were they rooting for him to turn gay? Were they secretly waiting for the day that Sehun came out of the closet and brought home a boyfriend with a proud smile on his face?

 

With a deep sigh, Sehun swung his legs over the bed and stood up. He glanced around the room and was almost reduced to tears.

 

Unfortunately, Sehun grumbled as he walked to the side of the room and picked up a pair of sweaty pants, Luhan wasn’t a very neat person.

 

Luhan was the probably the most unorganized and unkempt person he had ever met.

 

The room itself was very simple. The desks were lined up straightly and the beds weren’t crooked. From the doorway, it would actually look quiet neat. But the nightmare started as one walked in.

 

Pieces of clothings were ramped inside cracks and Sehun found four t-shirts shoved underneath his bed. He saw used toothbrushes sprawled across the dresser, with underwears and bits of clothing peaking out of every open drawer. There were open and clearly finished cups of ramen on top of almost all flat surfaces and he still couldn’t place the source of that odd smell he had been smelling ever since he first walked into the dorm.

 

No matter how much of an optimistic approach he wanted to take right now, this situation wasn’t helping.

 

Sehun prided himself in being on the neater side of the male species. He liked to keep his things where they belonged and ensured that they stayed there. He refused to eat on his bed and threw away all trash the moment he saw them.

 

The room was an absolute disaster, and Sehun had to keep himself from repeatedly banging his head on the only clean spot on the wall. He masked his nose with one hand and began to slowly clean up whatever he could lay hands on with the other.

 

After about half an hour of dragging himself through a human pigsty, the room was beginning to look more and more livable. Sehun finally unmasked his nose and took a deep breath, only to be met with that same stench.

 

“What the hell?” Sehun grumbled. He was sure he got rid of everything that looked dirty. He had dumped all the ramen out and threw the trash in the huge bin in the dorm living room.

 

He leaned forward and rechecked underneath both beds, but other than a pile of spilled jello that he absolutely refused to touch, there was nothing there.

 

The door suddenly swung open and Luhan stepped in. He halted by the door and stared at the room with wide eyes.

 

“Wow,” Luhan muttered, “this room went through one hell of a makeover.”

 

Sehun stood up from the ground and looked at Luhan with a disapproving look.

 

“I believe we need to talk,” Sehun said sternly, “I refuse to live in such unsanitary conditions.”

 

Luhan covered his mouth and suppressed a giggle. He closed the door behind him and placed his books on top of his desk.

 

“I didn’t think it was all that bad.”

 

“This place looked like a dump, Luhan.”

 

Luhan shrugged nonchalantly. “I didn’t think much of it.”

 

“Well I did,” Sehun snapped, “and since I’ll be living with you for a while, you better start caring too.”

 

Luhan blinked once before his mouth stretched into a smile.

 

“Alright. I guess I’ll give it a try. What should I do?”

 

Sehun crossed his arms and pointed under Luhan’s bed.

 

“You can start with getting rid of that disgusting pile of jello.”

 

Luhan crouched down and grimaced when he saw what the problem was. He grabbed a bunch of tissues and scooped it up, making sure to wrap it tightly.

 

“Outside,” Sehun ordered. Luhan was pushed out of the door and led down the hallway to a huge garbage bin by the living room.

 

“I didn’t know this thing existed,” Luhan mused as he quickly threw the jello away. Sehun nodded his head in approval and the two walked back to their room.

 

“Now,” Sehun said, “go find the source of that smell. How could you even sleep in here?”

 

Luhan shrugged. “I get used to it. I’m sure if you stay here for a couple of days you won’t even notice it.”

 

Luhan.

 

“Sorry!” Luhan squeaked and quickly searched the room. He couldn’t find anything, and he rammed his brain to try to remember what could cause the smell. He lifted papers off the desk and looked in between books, but there was nothing there. He drew open one of the drawers, and immediately froze when he saw what was in there.

 

“Ah, ,” Luhan swore, “this is bad. Really bad.”

 

“Did you find it?”

 

“Uh, yes,” Luhan muttered, “I’m afraid I did.”

 

“Well what are you waiting for? Go throw it away.”

 

Luhan turned around and looked at Sehun with an uneasy look.

 

“Sehun?”

 

Sehun cocked an eyebrow and stared at the shorter male. “Yes?”

 

“You might want to close your eyes.”

 

“What are you talking about-”

 

Luhan grimaced and picked up the object with the tip of his fingers. He turned around and laughed awkwardly.

 

“I guess someone forgot to throw it away.”

 

Sehun’s jaw dropped open.

 

“Is that a ? A ing used one?!”

 

“Frankly speaking, this is a school filled with homoual boys living together.”

 

“I really didn’t need to hear that,” Sehun groaned, “just throw that away, will you?”

 

Luhan rushed out of the door and returned in less than twenty seconds. He stared at Sehun, who was currently sitting on his bed with a sick look.

 

“Uh, in case you were wondering, that wasn’t mine.”

 

Sehun’s head snapped up and he glared at Luhan.

 

“I’m guessing my friends used it last time they were here and decided to hide it before I came-”

 

“Are you telling me that a bunch of boys had in this room?”

 

Luhan blinked.

 

“Well, most likely they did it on your bed because they know how much I hate it when they do it on mine-”

 

“Oh my ing god!” Sehun screamed and jumped up. He scrambled across the room and as far away from the bed he was sitting on seconds ago. “Oh my god this is not happening to me right now.”

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

Sehun groaned and stormed over to grab his jacket.

 

“I’m getting out of here,” he muttered and ran out of the room without looking back. Luhan stared at Sehun run out and sighed deeply.

 

 


TROLOLOLOL Luhan is a troll. Bet he learnt it from Chen :P

Anywayyys I had so much fun writing this chapter. I don't know if you guys can tell but I LOVE sassy Baekhyun. It's like my OTP, I swear.

Same goes for Derp X Chanyeol and Sehun X Rainbow hair.

*sigh, I'm a happy fangirl today.

 

I'll stop boring you guys until death and leave you in peace. Don't forget to come back for more!

Please Subscribe, Comment below, and vote!