P-a-i-n

Queer & Proud

The students all scrambled to the side, staring wide-eyed as Baekhyun ran across the hallway. Everyone had a hard time comprehending the fact that Byun Baekhyun, the resident lazy- that refrained from any physical activity, was willingly running. It was a miracle.

 

“Out of the way!” Baekhyun roared. He suddenly skid into a stop, realizing that he actually didn’t know where the library was located. When he caught sight of a smartish looking student staring at him in horror from the side, he leapt forward and yanked the students towards him.

 

“You!” Baekhyun yelled, ignoring the boy as he flinched and cowered back. “Do you know where the library is?”

 

The boy’s eyes widened before he pointed his shaking finger to the right.

 

“I-It’s right next to the dance department-”

 

“Got it,” Baekhyun nodded before patting the boy on the back, “thanks dude.”

 

“You’re welcome?”

 

Baekhyun began running again, oblivious to all the looks he received before he finally arrived in front of the large wooden door leading to the library. He quickly pushed it open and walked in, taking in the nearly empty library with only the librarian and few students doing last minute cramming before classes began. He didn’t see Kyungsoo, however, and immediately frowned. Walking towards one of the students, he slowly tapped his shoulder.

 

“Hey, do you know where Do Kyungsoo is?’

 

The student’s head snapped up and he blinked up at Baekhyun in surprise.

 

“Um, he should be in here somewhere. Sorry; maybe you should look around?”

 

Baekhyun sighed and nodded his head as a thanks before taking a step closer to the bookshelves. He had hoped he would find Kyungsoo quickly, but it looked like he would have to do some searching. Peeking into each aisle, he made his way through the large library when he saw a small figure crouched down on the floor at the very last row. He frowned and walked forward, lifting the book off the figure’s face to see Kyungsoo fast asleep.

 

Baekhyun eyed the boy before slowly slipping the book into one of the shelves. He crouched down in front of Kyungsoo and cocked his head, wondering if he should wake the boy up. By the looks of his dark circles and soft snoring, it was obvious Kyungsoo barely got any sleep last night. Actually, Baekhyun doubted Kyungsoo got any sleep these past couple of days. It took a lot for someone like Kyungsoo to fall asleep while reading a novel, unlike Luhan or Baekhyun who would probably doze off at the first page, and it made him hesitant to wake up such a peaceful looking boy.

 

But what he had to do had to be done, so Baekhyun, after wincing slightly, slowly placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and shook him. Kyungsoo immediately flinched and his eyes sprang open, widening to an abnormal size when it caught sight of Baekhyun merely centimeters away.

 

“Byun Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo spluttered before he quickly sat up, eyes darting around his surrounding to make sure he was still in the library. Baekhyun cracked a tiny smile and nodded.

 

“We are still in the library, and yes, I came in here looking for you.”

 

Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun an incredulous look. “Why?”

 

“Because I believe an apology and a thank you are in order.”

 

“An apology?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I heard what you did for Jongin. I’m sorry Kyungsoo for all I said the other night. I was furious, and I misunderstood the situation. I thought you were the reason Jongin was in trouble, and I jumped to conclusions. I didn’t know you had nothing to do with it and that you were going to help Jongin out instead. Chanyeol told me what actually happened. I’m not saying I don’t blame you at all for how you treated Jongin for the past nine years, because truthfully, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to completely get over it. But my actions toward you were unjustified, so I want to apologize for them. I also want to say thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo was speechless. He didn’t expect anyone, especially Byun Baekhyun, to come and apologize to him. It wasn’t like he could blame Baekhyun for hating on him - he was Jongin’s best friend, and the way Kyungsoo acted to Jongin was enough to get the boy to resent him. He didn’t know how to respond.

 

“I-I don’t know what to say,” Kyungsoo said lamely. Baekhyun shrugged and offered Kyungsoo a toothy grin.

 

“You don’t have to say anything,” Baekhyun said. “But you could do something for me. Stop treating Jongin like , and maybe be a little more honest with yourself.”

 

“Honest?” Kyungsoo repeated, and Baekhyun slowly stood up, dusting his pants off.

 

“Although I still think Jongin is too good for you,” he said, “you’re not all that bad. And if Jongin likes you so much, there must be a reason, right? So I’m giving you a chance to make it up to Jongin. He’s the only guy in the world who will treat you with so much respect and love, so don’t let him go. That’ll be just stupid.”

 

Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo one last look before turning around and walking out of the library. His work was done, and all he could hope for was that Jongin would be at least an inch happier than he had been for the past nine years.

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe this!” Jongdae yelled the moment he sat down. His friends all gave him an annoyed look, but Jongdae promptly ignored them with a good-natured grin.

 

“Fall break is in a week, you motherers. Be a little more enthusiastic, will you?”

 

“It’s not like we have anything to do. It’s only for like 10 days,” Sehun mumbled as he poked at his untouched food.

 

“My mom said she was going to send me to hagwon,” Luhan scrunched his nose. “Hagwon. Can life be more depressing?”

 

“What about me? I’m going to be staying at my grandparents’ for the whole time, and their place stinks. Why can’t my grandmother bake a decent chocolate chip cookie?” Jongin added with a blank expression.

 

“Guys, please. Taeyeon is going to come over and stay with my family for the whole time,” Sehun said, earning looks of sympathy from both Baekhyun and Luhan who leaned forward and pat him on the back in encouragement.

 

“Who’s Taeyeon?” Jongin asked, and both Minseok and Jongdae, who were fortunately absent on the day of Taeyeon’s chaotic visit, looked at Sehun in curiousity. Baekhyun rubbed his tired eyes and Luhan bit his lips in time from bursting out in laughter.

 

“She’s my aunt,” Sehun said monotonously, “and you better be glad you were away that day.”

 

“So, anyone else having a break this fall too?” Jongdae asked, and everyone shrunk down in their seats.

 

“Hagwon,” Luhan repeated and closed his eyes in pain.

 

“Grandparents.”

 

Taeyeon.”

 

“You,” Minseok muttered under his breath, and Jongdae scoffed before hitting his boyfriend’s arm.

 

“Come on guys, I’m sure at least one of us,” Jongdae sent a glare in Minseok’s direction, “is going to have an okay vacation. What about you, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled quietly when everyone turned and stared at him expectantly.

 

“Well, for starters, I’m getting away from you guys, so that’s exciting,” Baekhyun chirped, “and my parents are going away on this trip to India, so I have the house all for myself.”

 

“WHAT?” Luhan suddenly yelled, attracting the attention of many students sitting around them. They were currently seated on the ground forming a large circle in the garden, as Jongdae had called for an ‘emergency meeting, which if you miss you are officially OUT of my life es’. Sehun had merely snorted and tried to get away, but Luhan, who had nothing better to do, successfully dragged the reluctant boy to the current meeting.

 

“You’re telling this to us now?” Luhan screeched, “are you telling us that you have a whole house to yourself for a whole week when all of us are stuck in places we don’t want to be?”

 

“Um, yes?” Baekhyun said nervously, and Luhan threw his hands up in the air.

 

“That’s ing it! Baekhyun, I’m going to your house over the break.”

 

“Wait. What?”

 

“That’s not fair! I’m going too!” Minseok roared. Jongdae suddenly leapt forward and grabbed Minseok’s arms.

 

“Well, if Minseok is going, I have to go.”

 

“Guys, shut up for a second and listen-”

 

“You said no adults, right? Count me in,” Jongin added. Suddenly, everyone, except for Baekhyun who was trying to get people to listen to him, turned to Sehun and looked at him.

 

“What about you? You’re not going to spend your whole break with your aunt, are you?” Luhan asked. Sehun flinched and nodded furiously.

 

“God no. Anywhere without her is paradise for me. I’m definitely going,” Sehun affirmed. Luhan clapped his hands together.

 

“Alright then! Everyone is going to Baekhyun’s house!”

 

“No more diarrhea from underbaked cookies. My life does get better,” Jongin wiped a fake tear, and Minseok jumped up and down, ignoring Jongdae’s glare.

 

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Baekhyun!” Everyone began to chant, and Baekhyun, who was turning red, slammed his fist on the ground.

 

“That’s enough! I did not agree to this!” He roared, but Luhan merely waved his hand dismissively.

 

“You don’t have a say in this. What are you going to do when all of us arrive in front of your door? You can’t just kick us all out.”

 

“My house doesn’t even have enough space to fit all of you guys!” Baekhyun retorted.

 

“We can sleep on the ground. We all know Minseok and Jongdae is going to share a bed, and Jongin, you, and I can sleep practically anywhere. The only problem is our resident neatfreak Sehun, but I’m sure we can work something out.”

 

“What about the fact that I don’t want you guys there?”

 

“Baekhyun, there comes a time when you just have to it up and deal with it.”

 

“You guys are not coming to my house and that’s final! I’m not going to deal with you guys away from school, so no matter what you say and what you do, there is no way you guys will ever spend the whole week at my place-”

 

“Hey Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun squeaked in surprise when he saw Chanyeol’s smiling face right beside him. His face turned bright red and he managed to return the smile.

 

“H-hey Chanyeol,” Baekhyun stammered. He wanted to punch himself for hugging Chanyeol earlier; it was far out of his control and now he felt completely stupid. He couldn’t even speak and look at Chanyeol without having recollections of Chanyeol’s warm torso in his arms. Damn.

 

“So, what are you guys talking about?” Chanyeol piped up, and when everyone realized that Baekhyun was too far gone to answer, Jongin sighed and replied instead.

 

“We were discussing about what we are going to do during the fall break.”

 

Chanyeol’s grin suddenly dropped and he sighed.

 

“Right, fall break,” Chanyeol muttered, “. What am I going to do?”

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Well, I was supposed to be at home, but apparently all my older sisters are coming back from college over break and there is no way I’m going to be in the same house as them.”

 

“Why? How many older sisters do you have?” Luhan asked, and Chanyeol winced before spreading out his fingers.

 

“Four?!” Everyone yelled, and Chanyeol nodded.

 

“Yup, and they’re all still convinced I’m just a bigger version of their Ken dolls.”

 

“Oh my ing god. What are you going to do?”

 

Chanyeol hung in head. “I don’t know. I guess I’ll just have to stay at school.”

 

All the boys looked at Chanyeol in pity before one by one placing their hands on his shoulder, squeezing it.

 

“It’s okay, man,” Jongdae said, before his eyes suddenly lightened up. “Wait. Baekhyun’s house is available. How about you just stay at his?”

 

Chanyeol turned bright red and shook his head. “No, I don’t want to impose on him-”

 

“It’s fine!” Baekhyun suddenly yelled, and Luhan, Jongdae, and Jongin smirked in victory as they sent each other sly grins.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun before smiling. “Is it really okay?”

 

Baekhyun nodded enthusiastically. “Of course. I was actually afraid about being bored because I was going to all alone. I’m glad to have company.”

 

“So I can stay? Wow Baekhyun, thanks. You just made my break so much better.”

 

“It’s decided then! We’re all going to stay at Baekhyun’s!” Luhan cheered.

 

“Wait, no, I never said you guys were welcome-”

 

“What’s that? Are you saying Chanyeol can stay at yours while we can’t?”

 

Baekhyun paled when all eyes fixated on him -  Luhan’s eyes were sparkling mischievously. Jongdae was trying to keep in his laughter, Jongin was smirking, and Sehun was shaking his head.

 

“No, of course not,” Baekhyun managed to say between his teeth, “you’re all welcome to stay at my house.”

 

“Byun Baekhyun, you’re the best!’

 

Baekhyun sighed in defeat as everyone leapt forward and pulled him into a tight group hug while Chanyeol laughed loudly in the side.

 

“Annoying motherers,” he whispered so only his friends could hear. Luhan, Jongdae, and Jongin all shared a sly grin before whispering back.

 

“Only for you, honey.”

 

sorry for being a couple of hours late guys :P

I was doing last minute editing, and it took so freaking long. I actually ended up scrapping half of this chapter and rewriting. The original version was so ing bad omg

Anyways, keep your hunhan, baekyeol, kaisoo yearning hearts on hold just a bit longer :D I'm taking a break from all that angst and for now this story will be fluff all around! 

Btw I made a blog about myself :) It just answers some of the questions I get the most. I want to give you guys a chance to get to know me better, so if you have any questions you want to ask me (it doesn't even have to be about me - it can be about korea or kpop in general) then just leave a comment on the blog and i'll answer them by updating the post :) I'm also very free about accepting friend requests and will reply to wall posts eventually

Little Things About Me

Next update will as usual be either on Wednesday or Thursday. It really depends on my school schedule, so please be patient with me!