Kiss You Goodnight

Queer & Proud

 

Luhan pushed open the front door with his torso, hands struggling with the shopping bag. Sehun stood behind him panting, as he was carrying the heavier share.

 

“You guys are late,” Minseok walked over, a toothbrush in his mouth. He stared at the sheer amount of items in the three shopping bags and snorted.

 

“Oh my god. How much money did you spend?”

 

“Seventy three thousand won,” Luhan beat Sehun to it. “He was going to put interest on it, but now he can’t because you guys know.”

 

“Aren’t you the helpful one?” Sehun grumbled as he pushed past Luhan and dumped the bags in the kitchen. Jongin turned around at the sudden noise, frowning as a couple items fell out and landed on the ground.

 

“Woah, dude, how many oreos did you buy?”

 

Sehun let out another one groan and stalked out, pushing past Luhan and Minseok to go to his room. Luhan looked in amusement as the door slammed close.

 

“Did you buy all those oreos?” Minseok said, grin matching Luhan’s. Luhan chuckled as he dragged his bag to the kitchen. He saw Jongin and Kyungsoo standing side by side, quietly doing the dishes.

 

“I am not going to sort this ,” Luhan pointed at the bags. “Someone else do it. And for the record,” Luhan walked out to the living room and continued with a booming voice. “Everyone needs to pay Sehun back, so give thirteen thousand won to him by tomorrow night, okay? Whoever doesn’t pay him will feel my wrath. That includes you, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun, who was in the middle of a scramble game with Jongdae and Chanyeol, looked up with a frown.

 

“I’m going to pay him back,” he protested. “Who do you take me for?”

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Luhan replied dryly.

 

“Touché,” Jongdae added quietly, earning a glare from Baekhyun.

 

“I’m going to go sleep,” Luhan announced. “As I said, someone please go and sort the bags. Oh, and whoever touches the sweets, I will know.”

 

Minseok pat Luhan’s shoulders as he returned to the bathroom, and Luhan gave everyone one last warning look before going into his room. He saw Sehun, now dressed in more comfortable clothes, sitting on the bed and typing something into his phone.

 

“Texting?” He asked as he bent down and zipped open his traveling bag. Sehun nodded, frowning slightly at the screen.

 

“Taeyeon’s bugging me,” he muttered, “she keeps asking me if we’re having pillow fights and talking about our crushes and sorrows before we all go to sleep side by side.”

 

“Sounds fun,” Luhan snickered, taking out his pajamas and toiletries.

 

 

 

“Yeah right,” Sehun snorted as he put down his phone to face Luhan. “The door over there leads to the bathroom. Good thing we don’t need to share a bathroom with everyone else. Morning would be a disaster.”

 

Wincing, Luhan went in and closed the bathroom door behind him. Sehun lied down on his bed and took out his phone, frowning when he saw Taeyeon’s reply.

 

From: Taeyeon

Message: Sharing a room with Luhan, huh? Have lots and lots and lots of fun ;)

 

“My god,” Sehun chucked his phone to the ground and turned around. It was much too hot, and the fan only cooled the room so much. Groaning, he kicked the remaining of the blankets off the bed and sighed again.

 

“Stop making annoying sounds!” Luhan yelled from the bathroom. Sehun grabbed Luhan’s pillow and threw it to the bathroom door, watching as it made a loud thump and fell to the ground.

 

“What was that?!” Luhan demanded. Sehun lifted himself up with his elbows and yelled back.

 

“It’s going to be the noise you’re going to hear as long as you keep yelling at me!”

 

“You’re the one yelling now!”

 

“You started it!” Sehun retorted, voice increasing in volume.

 

“If you two don’t shut up in there, I’m sending Jongdae in to sleep there!”

 

Baekhyun’s shriek immediately shut the two boys, and Sehun fell back onto his bed.

 

After a few minutes, Luhan came out, a towel wrapped around his hair. “The water’s freezing,” he complained as he sat on the mattress on the floor.

 

“It was warm for me,” Sehun said as he rolled over in bed to face Luhan. “Too warm, actually.”

 

“You used up all the hot water?” Luhan accused. “I had to take a cold shower because of you?!”

 

“Shut up, Luhan. Jongdae might come in here,” Sehun hissed, throwing his pillow towards Luhan’s face. Luhan spluttered and threw it back.

 

“I’m too tired to argue with you,” Luhan yawned and rubbed his eyes. Sehun flattened his pillow on the bed before standing up and walking over to the light switch.

 

“I’m going to turn off the lights,” he said, and turned around to see Luhan throwing the towel to the ground and lying down.

 

“It’s so hot in here,” Luhan said with a frown. Sehun, who was also suffering from the heat, took off his shirt and placed it on the end of the bed.

 

“Take off your shirt. It makes the heat more bearable.”

 

Luhan gawked at him, but when Sehun continued to stare at him expectantly, he slowly sat up and reluctantly took off his shirt.

 

“Better?” Sehun asked, and Luhan slowly nodded. Sehun flicked down the switch, and the room was suddenly flooded with darkness. Sehun gripped on the wall to crawl on top of his bed.

 

“It’s still hot,” Luhan mumbled.

 

“Then take off your pants.”

 

There was small shriek from the side, and Sehun snorted.

 

“You’re wearing underwear right? We’re both guys. Just take it off.”

 

“I-I think I’m fine, actually,” Luhan replied, and Sehun could hear shuffling as Luhan shifted around.

 

“Night,” Luhan’s small, gentle voice rang out, and Sehun smiled against his pillow. He leaned over his bed, fumbled around in the dark for a while before finding what he wanted. Grinning wider, he flicked Luhan’s forehead and quickly lied back down.

 

“Ow! What the heck, Sehu-”

 

“Night, Luhan.”

 

Luhan didn’t finish his sentence, and the silence in the room soon put the two boys to sleep.

 

 

 

 

The next few days flew by relatively quickly. Jongdae and Minseok rarely left their room, a fact most tried to ignore while Baekhyun sneered at the closed bedroom door at any chance he got. Sehun and Luhan were glued to the hip - Luhan, who made a point to go outside and enjoy the sunlight at least twice a day, had to drag a reluctant Sehun off the couch (and throw the insect spray in his grasp across the room) and down the elevator. Chanyeol alternated between talking to Kyungsoo and exchanging loving glances with Baekhyun, but as the day passed by the time he spent doing the latter increased exponentially.

 

Kyungsoo, the avid reader he was, went to the single couch in the corner of the living room as soon as he woke up, accompanied by a pile of books nobody else bothered to even read the titles of (except Sehun, of course, but he never got the chance to read the content inside as he was soon dragged out by Luhan).

 

Jongin was probably the one with the least constant schedule. He spent sometime chilling in the kitchen, snatching things to eat from the tables, and sometime in the living room, watching the TV with a bored look while stealing glances at an oblivious Kyungsoo. Other times, he started a conversation with an irritated Baekhyun that usually ended up as a fight, or simply indulged himself in a good manga or two.

 

Soon enough, half of the week had passed, and Baekhyun called for an emergency meeting, Jongdae style, where everyone reluctantly sat down in a large circle with frustrated looks.

 

“We have five days left in this ty spring break,” Baekhyun spoke up first, arms crossed and back straight, a posture Jongin groaned and slumped down at. “I think we should spend the rest of the time actually doing something together.

 

“Someone please tell me he’s joking,” Sehun said with a horror stricken voice. “I’ll even give you five gold stars.”

 

“But we are doing something together,” Luhan protested, ignoring Sehun with ease and skill, “I mean, I spend everyday exploring this town with Sehun.”

 

“Yes, Luhan, aren’t you an socially active one,” Baekhyun snapped back.

 

Chanyeol sighed and turned to face Baekhyun, giving everyone else a small, indignant look. “Baekhyun, what do you suggest we do?”

 

“Simple; hang out. There’s a fantastic dance club nearby, and I haven’t been there in ages, so I was wondering if you guys were up for it.”

 

“Dance club?” Jongdae, who was previously looking for a way to go back to the bedroom, leaned forward with an interested look. “Did you say dance club?”

 

“No alcohol, Jongdae,” Minseok pulled back his boyfriend and sent him a scolding gaze.

 

“Of course there’s no alcohol,” Baekhyun said with a sigh, “just music and people. It’s really nice - a hyung I know took me there a couple years ago, and I had a lot of fun.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol made a gurgling noise and leaned back, face red. Jongin smirked at this and leaned forward, moving his eyebrow up and down to make a point. “A hyung you know, huh?”

 

“Shut up, face,” Baekhyun drawled. “You know him too.”

 

“I do?” Jongin said, straightening up with a much more serious expression. “Wait, it’s not-?”

 

“No!” Baekhyun cut Jongin off in hurry. “It’s not. Anyways, the club opens later tonight, so I was wondering if you guys were interested?”

 

“I’m in!” Jongin said. Jongdae and Minseok shared glances, and under Jongdae’s pleading gaze, Minseok sighed in defeat and nodded. “We’ll go as well.”

 

Baekhyun knudged Chanyeol, who beamed brightly in return. “Of course I’ll go.”

 

Kyungsoo, who was attempting to read, looked up in surprise when he felt eyes on him.

 

“Uh, sorry?” He said, looking at Chanyeol in desperation.

 

“He’s going,” Chanyeol answered, “I’ll make sure of it.”

 

“Wait. What?”

 

Luhan, who was trying hard to remain seated down, pressed himself against Sehun’s arm and mustered the most pitiful expression he could pull off. Sehun shrieked but quickly shook his head with a firm look.

 

“No.”

 

“Please? Please?! It’s going to be no fun without you there.”

 

“I’m not going to a club with tons of people,” Sehun said with narrowed eyes. “The answer is no.”

 

“Sehun, you promised you were going to dance for me when I asked.”

 

“I only said I’ll dance when you sing again,” Sehun retorted.

 

“Fine, I’ll sing for you.”

 

“I’m still not going.”

 

“You have to! We’re all going!” Luhan pointed at the rest of the boys. “Even Kyungsoo! Are you proving yourself as more antisocial than Kyungsoo here?”

 

A quiet, indignant ‘hey!’ was heard, but Luhan promptly dismissed it.

 

“Please,” Luhan bit his bottom lip, pouting slightly. “Sehun, come on.”

 

“Luhan, you know I hate going to places like that,” Sehun said, this time with a more gentler voice. “I’d be miserable.”

 

“But you won’t. You’d have me there and everyone else. We’ll be talking to each other for the whole time. You won’t even have to interact with strangers!”

 

“But-”

 

“Oh come on, just say yes, hetero,” Jongin said, looking down at his fingers with a bored look. “It’s not a big deal.”

 

“Shove it,” Sehun hissed, but when he turned to face Luhan’s pleading look, he felt his resolve melting away. With a reluctant sigh, he nodded. “I’ll go.”

 

Luhan quickly leaned back with the biggest grin Sehun had ever seen.

 

“So everyone’s going? It’s final, right?” Baekhyun asked eagerly. When answered with a collective nod, he jumped up from the floor and walked over to the phone.

 

“We’re going to leave around nine, so whether you go out or stay inside, make sure to be back by that time, alright?”

 

Luhan squealed and grabbed Sehun’s arm, pulling him up and out the door for the second time that day. Kyungsoo was still trying to understand what was going on, and Chanyeol crawled over, pulled him up in the same fashion, and took him to the corner to explain what was going on. Jongin immediately laid down on the couch, fingers absentmindedly turning the pages of the newest volume of Attack on Titan while his eyes remained fixed on Kyungsoo’s face slowly turning pale. Jongdae and Minseok, without further ado, slammed the bedroom door behind them.

 

Jongin shook his head and tore his gaze away from the now panicking Kyungsoo and instead turned his head to face Baekhyun.

 

“Who are you calling?”

 

Baekhyun, who was punching in numbers in his home phone, looked up briefly.

 

“The hyung I was telling you about.”

 

“He’s coming?” Jongin asked. “Wait, who is he anyway?”

 

“You know him,” Baekhyun replied, eyes returning to the phone.

 

“Tell me his name,” Jongin said with a frown. “Baekhyun, I swear, if it’s who I think it is-”

 

“I already told you it’s not. Just wait and see. He’s perfectly harmless,” Baekhyun frowned back and spun around, taking the phone call into the kitchen.

 

Jongin was about to stand up and follow, but when he saw Baekhyun give him one last desperate look before stepping out of view, he slumped back down.

 

When he felt the seat next to him dip down, he lazily turned his eyes to see who it was. To his surprise, Kyungsoo was seated beside him, silently staring down at the floor.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin said, quickly pulling himself up to a sitting position. He had talked to Kyungsoo a few times over the week, but it was first time Kyungsoo initiated a conversation or willingly came closer.

 

“Apparently I need to go tonight,” Kyungsoo grumbled, looking up at Jongin hesitantly. “Chanyeol’s bugging me about it.”

 

Jongin opened his mouth to reply, but quickly closed it. He had to choose his words carefully.

 

“It’ll be fun,” Jongin said with a soft smile. “I went to the club with Baekhyun a few times and it’s honestly alright. The service is friendly and there are plenty of places people who don’t enjoy being there can run off to. If it gets overwhelming for you, I can get you out.”

 

“I wouldn’t want you to miss out,” Kyungsoo mumbled with a weak smile. “You like it there, don’t you?”

 

“It’s fine,” Jongin answered with a shrug. “I like being with you better anyway.”

 

A faint blush colored Kyungsoo’s cheeks and he looked away, avoiding Jongin’s eyes.

 

“You know, you guys are all really nice,” Kyungsoo spoke up after a moment of silence. “I honestly expected a few of you guys to be cold. Baekhyun hated my guts only a few weeks back, and sure, we’re on better terms now, but I know he still feels wary about me. I didn’t expect him to want me to come.”

 

 

 

Jongin grinned at this, chuckling slightly. “Byun Baekhyun is the simplest person you’re going to meet. He either likes you or he doesn’t. I wouldn’t say you guys are best friends, but he sees you as a friend, Kyungsoo. He’s a good kid. You don’t need to worry about him.”

 

“But Luhan..,” Kyungsoo quiet voice trailed off. Jongin eyes widened at the mention of his other best friend, jaw dropping in surprise.

 

“Luhan?” Jongin practically yelled. When he caught sight of Kyungsoo flush red,  he quickly leaned down, voice decreasing in volume significantly. “You were worried about Luhan? The same guy who looks like he’s high on sugar all the time and speaks like the personification of a creepily happy cartoon character?”

 

“He’s still a human being, Jongin,” Kyungsoo replied, looking like he was trying to stifle a laugh, “meaning that he gets upset. Pissed off. Even jealous.”

 

“Jealous?” Jongin asked, and slowly, a look of understanding dawned on him. He threw his head back and started laughing hysterically. “Oh my god.

 

“He’s even kind when he’s jealous,” Kyungsoo continued, a small dancing on his lips, “but I expected him to be more hostile, honestly. Sometimes, he looks like he’s ready to shoot me whenever I’m talking to Sehun, and the next moment he coos and reassures me. It’s terrifying, even if it’s coming from someone as harmless as Luhan.”

 

“Luhan isn’t completely harmless. He has an attitude, that one,” Jongin shook his head, faking a devastating sigh. “Poor Sehun, really.”

 

“Luhan is as nice as everybody says he is. It kind of surprised me. He never openly hated me before like Baekhyun did, but I knew he didn’t particularly hold good feelings for me. I fought with you, his best friend, all the time, after all. And now that I’m practically the only one Sehun talks to regularly besides him, I understand his jealousy. I’d feel less guilty if he was more open about it other than the times he gives me secret glares.”

 

“Luhan’s much too nice to do that,” Jongin smiled and replied with a shrug. “He probably keeps jealousy hidden away, only showing it when necessary. He likes you too - actually, everyone likes you. I’m beginning to think Minseok and Jongdae like you better than they like me.”

 

“Maybe it’s because you treat them like trash, and I give them the respect seniors deserve?”

 

“Luhan’s a senior,” Jongin argued.

 

“Luhan doesn’t act like a senior. I doubt he’ll understand what the hell is going on if a junior came up to him and started calling him sunbae.”

 

“Now that you mention it, I don’t think I ever heard someone call him that. Everyone outside of our friend group calls Jongdae and Minseok that, but not Luhan. That is odd.”

 

“Can you imagine calling Luhan ‘sunbae-nim’?” Kyungsoo said, snorting at the thought.

 

“Oh my god. That’s disgusting,” Jongin scrunched up, and the look on his face made Kyungsoo laugh.

 

“Maybe I should call him that just for the heck of it,” Kyungsoo mused. Jongin grinned widely, nodding fervently in response.

 

“You should do it tonight. It’ll be hilarious. I can’t wait to see the look on everyone’s face. I bet Baekhyun will start screaming in horror.”

 

“With Luhan just blinking at me, completely confused?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

Both of them chuckled quietly, not wanting to draw attention to themselves.

 

“So you are going to go tonight, right?”

 

Kyungsoo paused slightly, eyebrows furrowing. He then nodded. “I guess so.”

 

“Yah, Kim Jongin.”

 

Jongin turned around to look at Baekhyun who came storming out of the kitchen, phone grasped tightly in his hands.

 

“I need you for something.”

 

“What?”

 

Baekhyun was already gone, the front door left half open. Jongin gaped silently before collecting himself and slowly getting on his feet.

 

“See you, Kyungsoo.”

 

“Make sure Baekhyun’s alright,” Kyungsoo said before standing up himself and going to find Chanyeol. Jongin turned around in his heels, sighed, and followed Baekhyun out.

 
 

Baekhyun is a little hunhan & kaisoo . Chanyeol needs to control his 'boyfriend' ugh.

this is your long waited chapter! I'll come back with another in a couple of days! see you <3