The Wrong Twist

Queer & Proud

 

After doing the laundry as Sehun had ordered him to do (that boy was so high-maintenance and feminine that it surprised Luhan at times that he wasn’t actually the stereotypical gay), Luhan threw himself on his bed and sighed. Dealing with Sehun and his straight problem was painful enough, but throw Jongin and his nine years worth of endless crushing coming to an end and Baekhyun with his falling head over heels with Do Kyungsoo’s friend made Luhan want to puke himself. Just why couldn’t simple dating be easy for him and his friends?

 

Baekhyun was the luckiest out of the trio, but he was much too idiotic to see the obvious signs Chanyeol was sending in his direction. Someone that oblivious didn’t deserve to have love so easy, so Luhan, being the helpful friend he was, had decided to watch Baekhyun suffer for a while longer.

 

Jongin was a completely different story. Jongin’s one-sided crush on Kyungsoo was a hilarious joke for not only their friend group but for the entire school during the past years. It was just too much to see the self-confident boy practically drool everytime Kyungsoo walked past him, and Luhan and his friends got a kick out of it every single time. The two always had their rough times - whenever their fights would get a little out of hand and Jongin would just disappear for a day or two to wither in his own misery, but it was never that serious and certainly didn’t last very long. Kyungsoo, of course, was unfazed by all the fights because he was the one initiating it. Luhan didn’t like to hate anyone, but if he could choose one person he disliked the most, it would have to be Do Kyungsoo. He didn’t have anything personal against the boy, but the way he treated Luhan’s best friend was enough for him to send subtle glares in Kyungsoo’s direction.

 

But this, the mysterious fight they had a couple of days back suddenly seemed to change all that. Suddenly, Jongin’s crush didn’t seem so funny anymore. Luhan, who never really bothered to comfort the said boy after his many fights because he knew Jongin was more than capable of handling it, was starting to actually feel scared for his best friend. He didn’t know why this particular fight was so different from the rest, but whatever it was it was killing Jongin and Luhan wasn’t going to just stand there and watch.

 

“I’m back,” grumbled Sehun, startling Luhan from his thoughts. He sat up and smiled as Sehun walked over to his desk and began to tidy up the messy aftereffects of Kim Taeyeon.

 

“You took your sweet time,” Luhan said, earning a low growl from Sehun.

 

“It wasn’t my damn fault. My mom took like an hour to get here, and then Taeyeon wouldn’t let me go because she was going to ‘miss me’, and then of course my dear mother had to make a scene and hug me to the point where I couldn’t breathe,” Sehun frowned, “and the whole time the receptionist lady was laughing at me.”

 

“Noona is the nicest woman I know,” Luhan commented, “also the only woman I know other than my mom and my cousin.”

 

“You know a total of three women in your life?” Sehun turned around and gaped, “dude, that’s sad.”

 

“Well, I was sent here in fourth grade, and before that I was always homeschooled, so it’s not that weird,” Luhan scratched his neck sheepishly. Watching as Sehun faced his desk once more, Luhan slowly lowered his body and rested his head on his pillow.

 

Sehun shoved his books into his bag and swung it across his back. He crossed his arms and leaned against his chair, giving Luhan a pointed look.

 

“You’re not going to skip class again, are you?”

 

Luhan grasped his heart, faking hurt. “What kind of human being do you take me for? I would never do such a thing.”

 

Sehun snorted and walked over, grabbing Luhan’s bag with one hand and Luhan’s arm in another. He pulled up the struggling boy with relative easy, smirking as Luhan whined and tried hard to pull away.

 

“I have a headache,” Luhan sputtered as an excuse, “honestly, even if I do go to class, I’m not going to get anything done at this state.”

 

“I am never going to let anyone I call my so called ‘friends’ get away with skipping class, so either we go back to being plain acquaintances, or you do as I say. Education is important. I’m doing you a favor right now.”

 

“I’m really sick! Look!” Luhan finally managed to twist himself away from Sehun’s grasp. He grabbed Sehun’s hand and put it against his forehead, smiling at Sehun’s affronted expression.

 

“See? I’m a bit warm and I don’t want to get a flu or anything, so I’d better stay-”

 

“Stop it. You’re perfectly normal,” Sehun quickly snatched his hand away, stuffing it in his pocket and clearing his throat.

 

“But Sehun-” Luhan groaned and stepped up, forgetting that he was currently only a few inches away from Sehun. Sehun quickly grabbed Luhan’s arm to stop him from running away, but this made the older guy jerk forward and trip over his own feet. Sehun gasped and caught the falling boy in time. However, as he was doing so he lost balance and instead fell on top of his own extended arm, Luhan on top of him.

 

“,” Sehun managed to spit out, his face still shadowed with a painful look. Luhan stared in worry as Sehun grabbed his right arm, hissing in pain as he tried to move it.

 

“Let me see,” Luhan said before taking a tentative step forward and holding Sehun’s wrist in his hands, inspecting it. Sehun screeched in pain when Luhan narrowed his eyes in concentration and poked it with his index finger.

 

“That hurts!” Sehun cried. Luhan sighed and let go. “I think we need to get you to the nurse.”

 

“What? No, it’s fine,” Sehun quickly said before stepping away and getting as far away from Luhan as possible. Luhan’s eyes narrowed into tiny slits and he crossed his arms.

 

“Of course it’s not fine. You can’t even move your wrists. We need to get you healed.”

 

“Really Luhan, it’ll get better in a couple of days. There’s no need to go overboard.”

 

Luhan huffed. “Look, when someone gets hurt, they go to the freaking nurse.”

 

“Well I don’t need to, alright? Stop bugging me about it.”

 

Luhan’s eyes narrowed even more as Sehun grabbed his bag, wincing when his wrist bent in the wrong direction.

 

“You’re going to class? You won’t be able to even write properly!”

 

“I’ll manage.”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Luhan screeched before he grabbed Sehun’s other arm. “You’re going to the nurse!”

 

“I said no-” Sehun started, but was cut off when Luhan’s eyes turned into saucers and he blinked up at Sehun.

 

“Wait, I think I know what’s going on,” Luhan said slowly as his mouth curled up into a teasing grin. “You’re afraid of going to the nurse!”

 

“I am not afraid of going to the nurse,” Sehun snapped back, but the reddening of his cheeks told Luhan otherwise.

 

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe this,” Luhan chuckled, “the mighty Oh Sehun is actually afraid of something.”

 

Sehen groaned and pulled his arm out. “Seriously, stop it. I’m not going, okay?”

 

“Come on Sehun, I’ve been to the nurse before and she’s harmless. I swear if she gets too scary we’ll come right back, okay?”

 

Sehun blushed even more and he glared. “Don’t mock me! I’m just not the biggest fan of medicine and the hospital. It’s nothing serious or anything.”

 

Luhan smiled warmly. “We still need to get you fixed. I’ll be by your side and won’t let anything happen to you. Promise.”

 

“Luhan, I really don’t think I should do this-”

 

“Oh hush. Now let’s go,” Luhan said, taking Sehun’s bag and putting it on the floor before dragging Sehun to the nurse’s office. Sehun walked stiffly, his eyes fixed on the floor as he turned whiter every passing second.

 

Luhan pushed open the door and bowed politely as a woman in her late 40s looked up. She pushed her glasses up and stood up, offering both boys a motherly smile.

 

“Luhan, sweetie, I haven’t seen you in such a long time!” she cooed as she came over and ruffled the boy’s hair. Luhan beamed up at her and offered her a tight hug.

 

“I know I should’ve visited more often, but I was a little occupied with my new friend here. Sorry Mrs.Hahn!”

 

The nurse turned to look at Sehun, who fidgeted nervously and stared at the door to see if he could make an emergency escape.

 

“Oh dear, you’re the new kid aren’t you? Is something wrong?”

 

Sehun gulped and backed up to the wall as Mrs. Hahn approached him. Luhan chuckled awkwardly and intervened.

 

“He sprained his wrist. It’s not too bad, but apparently it still hurts to move.”

 

Mrs. Hahn cocked her eyebrow and put her hands on her hips.

 

“Can’t you speak boy? Is there a reason why Luhan’s answering my questions?”

 

Sehun winced under her scrutinizing gaze and looked at Luhan in panic, who in turn sighed.

 

“He was scared about coming here.” Sehun gave him a glare and a painful kick to the shin, but Luhan ignored it. “I managed to convince him, but please be gentle with him.”

 

The nurse blinked once before bursting out in laughter.

 

“Oh, you are adorable!” She exclaimed before she walked over and pinched Sehun’s cheeks, much to the boy’s horror. “I must say, it is so difficult to see a high school boy as cute as you are!”

 

“Luhan,” Sehun cried as his eyes widened to an abnormal size, “a little help?”

 

Luhan shook his head in amusement but taking pity on him, walked over and gently pried the nurse off Sehun. Sehun breathed out in relief and slumped down on one of the beds, eyes drooped down as a wave of fatigue crashed in.

 

The nurse brought over a chair and sat down across from Sehun. She took his wrist in her hands and offered the terrified boy a reassuring smile.

 

“It’ll be fine,” Luhan said as he stood next to Sehun. Sehun looked to him in panic and when the nurse took his wrist and pressed down, he cried out in pain and grabbed Luhan’s shirt.

 

“Holy crap,” he breathed heavily. Luhan looked down at Sehun in worry and slowly grabbed Sehun’s free hand, squeezing it. Sehun winced as the nurse inspected his injured wrist. He held onto Luhan’s hand tighter, oblivious to the blushing boy.

 

“Definitely strained,” the nurse concluded. She tutted before standing up. Sehun’s face finally gained its color and he took a brief, shaky breath, his hand still not letting go of Luhan’s.

 

The nurse turned around and grabbed Sehun’s wrist once more, wrapping an ice bag around it and tying it with a string.

 

“Luhan. You’re roommates with this boy, right?”

 

Luhan nodded, although his eyes remained fixed on Sehun. The nurse crouched down and looked at Sehun, who refused to look her in the eyes.

 

“The pain will probably last for two to three days. Here, I’ll bandage it really quickly so you won’t move it. You need to continue to ice it with this bag every three to four hours. It’s not too bad, but you won’t be able to do anything with your right hand until the pain goes away. Luhan be a darling and help this boy around, will you?”

 

Luhan finally looked up and nodded fervently. “Of course. I’ll make sure.”

 

“Also, it will help the healing to go a little bit faster if his wrist is elevated above his heart. Place a pillow under his arm and make sure it doesn’t fall when he’s sleeping.”

 

Luhan nodded once more, and Sehun sighed. “Mrs. Hahn, I’m sure I can do it myself. Luhan doesn’t need to babysit me. It’s just a sprained wrist.”

 

Mrs. Hahn looked at Sehun in disapproval. “There’s nothing sadder about having to go through pain all alone! Your friend is willing to help you, so you just be a good boy and thank him at the end, alright?”

 

Sehun shut his mouth promptly. Luhan thanked the nurse once more before walking out of the office with Sehun. Sehun, finally noticing that he was still holding hands with Luhan, blushed bright red and quickly pulled his hand out.

 

“Th-thanks,” Sehun murmured, “for staying with me back there.”

 

Luhan glanced at his hanging hand. He looked up at Sehun and beamed brightly.

 

“No problem. Let’s get you back to our room, shall we?”

 

Sehun stared as Luhan walked ahead and followed him, wondering why exactly he thought holding Luhan’s hand was a good idea a few minutes ago. He stared down at his hand and tried to remember how it felt when Luhan’s warm, soft ones were around it.

 

Groaning loudly, Sehun quickly caught himself.

 

He was not going to think about such things. He was scared and desperate, a perfect mixture that could lead to stupid decisions. He would cut himself some slack. Meanwhile, he had to think of a way to go to class without Luhan yapping at his back.

 


Finally! A whole chapter dedicated to our lovely Hunhan <3 this couple needed some alone time

Meanwhile, of course, kaisoo is still in deep and baekyeol is....well....being baekyeol lolol

More Hunhan coming up! Kaisoo will be up soon, so just wait a little bit longer! baekyeol too <3

 

So...my break is going to end soon unfortunately :( please understand that I'll probably only be able to upload twice or if i'm lucky maybe even three times a week because of my busy schedule. I hope you guys don't mind too much!

 

Anyways, this AN is going to be relatively short. Happy Lunar New Years everyone, and thanks for all the love so far! Don't forget to subscribe, vote, and comment below! All comments are read and greatly appreciated :D