Honesty At Its Best

Queer & Proud

Baekhyun cleared his throat and glanced at the boy next to him. Sehun seemed to show no sign of discomfort or awkwardness as the two boys made their way to their next period together. Baekhyun, however, was on the socially-awkward side, especially when he was forced to have a one-to-one conversation. He had no problem if he had his friends with him, but now that he was all alone and the weight of socializing was on his shoulders, he felt extremely fidgety and wondered how he should start a conversation with the stoic male.

 

“So...Sehun."

 

 

 

Sehun's head turned towards Baekhyun slowly. Baekhyun grimaced and wanted to hit himself for how socially imcompetant he was being.

 

 

 

"How’s being roommates with Luhan like?”

 

Sehun continued to stare at Baekhyun and seemed to be deep in thought. Baekhyun blinked back as an awkward (at least in Baekhyun’s opinion) silence fell between the two boys.

 

“It’s not bad,” Sehun finally answered, breaking the icy silence, “to be honest, it was terrible in the beginning. The room looked like a pigsty and Luhan’s personality was too bubbly for my liking, but the room problem is now taken care of and I think I’ve gotten habituated to him.”

 

Baekhyun laughed softly, nodding along.

 

“Yeah, Luhan’s room is a mess. I try my best not to ever go in there. Did you notice that horrible smell?”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened and he spun around to face Baekhyun.

 

“Oh my god, don’t even mention it. I was going to die.

 

Baekhyun stood still at the sudden outburst, but slowly a wide grin took its place on his lips and Baekhyun burst out laughing. Sehun watched as Baekhyun doubled over and couldn’t help himself from smiling too.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Baekhyun managed to say in between laughs, “it’s just, that was kind of unexpected.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Yeah, that was a bit out of character for me. But to make things worse, apparently that smell was from a .

 

Baekhyun straightened up and his face contorted into one of horror before he placed his hands on Sehun’s shoulders and squeezed it in pity.

 

"You poor soul."

 

"Tell me about it," Sehun muttered with a deep sigh.

 

“Did Luhan tell you who it belonged to?”

 

Sehun shook his head. “No, he just said that it wasn’t his.”

 

“That’s probably true,” Baekhyun hummed as the two boys entered their classroom. Baekhyun turned around and dragged Sehun to an open seat and sat besides him. “It’s open seating,” he said and took out his books, passing it to Sehun. Sehun looked at them before returning his gaze to Baekhyun.

 

“Aren’t you going to need one too?” Sehun asked. Baekhyun snorted and shook his head, bringing up his bag and putting it on top of the desk.

 

“I don’t need it. I sleep in this class,” Baekhyun said. Sehun cocked an eyebrow, and Baekhyun waved his hand dismissively.

 

“Don’t lecture me, alright? I hate education,” Baekhyun grinned good-naturedly and ignored Sehun’s disapproving eyes before resting his head on the bag.

 

“Good night then,” Sehun whispered, earning a scowl and a playful smack from Baekhyun. The door to the classroom opened and a tall male teacher stepped in, glancing at the classroom. His eyes immediately zeroed in on Sehun, who sat taller and groaned inwardly at the amount of attention he had to deal with all day.

 

“Oh Sehun. New kid?” he said as he took his place at the center of the room. The whole class turned to stare at him, and Sehun had to use all of his willpower not to wake Baekhyun up and ask the boy to help him. Although they did meet only today (yesterday didn’t count with the limited amount of conversation they actually had), and Sehun had a habit of disliking and judging everyone he met, he strangely liked Byun Baekhyun. He was friendly, easy-going, and nice to talk to.

 

“Yes. That’s me,” Sehun replied, trying to keep himself from rolling his eyes or yelling at the kids to look the away. The teacher nodded and gave him a small smile, something Sehun didn’t bother returning.

 

“Good. Welcome to this class, Sehun. Will you do me a favor and wake up the sleepy-head next to you?”

 

Sehun sighed and slowly brought up his hand to wake the boy up, but before he did Baekhyun quickly straightened up and glared at the teacher.

 

“Come on Mr. Kim. You never cared before.”

 

Mr. Kim crossed his arms and glared back, but it looked more teasing than intimidating.

 

“It’s class time. It’s normal for a student to be paying attention, Baekhyun. We don’t want to set a wrong example for our new student, do we?”

 

Sehun had to keep himself from groaning out loud. He hated it when teachers used him to reprimand other students. He quickly looked at Baekhyun to look at his reaction, but was surprised to see him roll his eyes and grin.

 

“Such a bad excuse,” Baekhyun muttered, but nodded nevertheless, “fine. I’ll pay attention for Sehun, but once he becomes regular student material I’m going back to my previous schedule.”

 

Mr. Kim snorted and shook his head. He turned around and started the lecture, leaving Sehun free to slump back down and breathe normally. Baekhyun looked at him and leaned forward.

 

“Mr. Kim’s my cousin,” Baekhyun whispered, “he’s really chill and I get away with practically anything in his class. You’ll probably too because you’re my friend and all.”

 

Sehun cocked an eyebrow. “Are you encouraging me to misbehave during this period?”

 

“You need to lighten up a little. Joonmyeon’s class is the perfect time to do so. You know, do whatever you heteroual boys like to do during their free time. Think about curves, s, and girls in general.”

 

Sehun gave Baekhyun an incredulous look. “Just out of curiosity, did you honestly never think about girls in a ual way before?”

 

Baekhyun snorted and leaned back in his chair, causing it to lift and rock back and forth.

 

“Of course not. It was always boys for me. I don’t really get the female appeal. Boys are so much ier, rougher, and overall easier to understand and talk to. Females scare the crap out of me.”

 

“Really?” Sehun muttered, “so, you guys probably also have an ‘ideal type’ right? What’s yours?”

 

Baekhyun bit his lips and his cheeks heated up.

 

“Tall, definitely. Muscular, but not too much that it looks disgusting. Low, husky voice. Big eyes and a bright, beautiful smile.”

 

Sehun smirked. “That’s pretty specific. Anyone in mind?”

 

Baekhyun’s cheeks turned even more red and he shook his head fervently. “Of course not. What about you? What’s your ideal type?”

 

Sehun rested his head on his hand. “Umm...let’s see. I guess anyone who can make me smile. Someone who’s loyal and caring. Someone to stay by my side during hard times. That’s pretty much it.”

 

It was Baekhyun’s time to grin slyly. “So it’s not exactly gender-specific, is it?”

 

Sehun snorted. “Oh right, how could I forget. Preferably girls.

 

“Damn it,” Baekhyun cursed jokingly, “I thought I had you there.”

 

“Sorry,” Sehun shrugged. “But respect my ual orientation, will you?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I guess I kind of have to. Anyways, you need to tell me all about your previous dating experiences with girls one day. I heard dating girls are a freaking nightmare.

 

Sehun frowned. “Uh, I mean, it’s fine, especially if you’re attracted to them. Are you sure whoever you heard that from didn’t happen to be gay?”

 

Baekhyun cocked his head. “Well, he’s a senior from this school and I think he’s bi. He used to go to a public school before moving here a couple of years ago. Maybe he just got very unlucky. You still need to tell me though. I barely know any straight guys, and it’s rather fascinating.”

 

With a snort, Sehun nodded. “Sure, I’ll tell you all about it.” Baekhyun grinned back and after making sure that Mr. Kim was looking away, he closed his eyes and left Sehun on his own.




 

 

 

It was already 8 in the evening, and Sehun was seated in an almost empty library. There were only a couple of students doing last minute studying before they were sent away to their respective dorms. Sehun stretched his arms and glanced around, seeing if he could recognize anyone. Sure enough, none of the kids from his table were there, but he did see Kyungsoo at the very back, scribbling something down in his notebook. Kyungsoo must’ve felt Sehun’s gaze as he slowly lifted his head and their eyes met.

 

None of the two boys spoke up. Was it because of the almost suffocating silence in the library or because neither of them knew what to say, they didn’t know. All they did was look at each other blankly, before Kyungsoo slowly stood up and gathered his stuff. Sehun tore his eyes away and returned them to his book. However, he heard a small cough and looked up to see Kyungsoo taking a seat across from him.

 

“We meet again,” Kyungsoo said. Sehun nodded, and another awkward silence fell between them. Kyungsoo cleared his throat.

 

“You don’t mind if I study here until we have to leave, right?”

 

Sehun stared before shaking his head. “No, feel free.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him as he took out his books and placed them on top of the desk. Sehun looked at the titles of each book and realized that many of them were advanced courses.

 

“That’s quite impressive,” Sehun spoke out, and Kyungsoo looked almost startled, “you must work really hard to be taking all of those courses.”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I guess I do. I enjoy studying and try to achieve the best possible results. It’s not exactly a bad thing, is it?”

 

“Of course it’s not. Despite what many people may think, I respect that.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, as if it was the first time he ever heard such a thing.

 

“Thanks,” he whispered, “I wish other people did too. Chanyeol is literally the only other person out there who doesn’t give me crap for it.”

 

“No problem,” Sehun replied before returning to his own studies. He could feel Kyungsoo’s eyes on him, and lifted his head once more and looked at him expectantly.

 

“I-I just wanted to apologize for my behavior last time,” Kyungsoo said, “I know I was being rude, but I kind of lose all my senses with things related to Kim Jongin.”

 

“Don’t be, I see how Jongin could be annoying at times. But maybe you should give him a chance. Although I only knew him for a couple of days, I can tell his feelings for you are genuine,” Sehun replied, surprising even himself at the words he just said. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to meddle.”

 

“No, it’s fine. It’s just...I have my reasons for disliking Jongin. I have my reasons for not being able to trust him. I can’t tell you exactly what - I haven’t even told Chanyeol yet, and he’s my best friend. But I want you to understand that I’m not being a total bastard here.”

 

Sehun nodded. “I’m not judging you. I’m sure there are certain things other people don’t know about your relationship with him.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“You know Sehun, you’re a pretty decent kid. I thought all of Jongin’s friends were complete asses, but I’m starting to think that you may be an exception. I hope you can stay that way.”

 

“I’m not planning on letting people I hang out with change my morals and beliefs, so I think you’re safe for now,” Sehun smiled softly. Kyungsoo laughed quietly and the two boys looked up to see the librarian walk around, asking each student to leave. They packed up their things and began to walk towards the dormitory together, enjoying each other’s presence in silence.

 

“I’ll see you again, Sehun,” Kyungsoo said as he waved at the taller male and entered his room. Sehun nodded and went into his own room to see Luhan lying on his bed, a white pack on his face and hands flipping through a magazine.

 

“Hey Sehun!” Luhan grinned widely. Sehun threw his bag on the ground and fell onto his bed, groaning out loud.

 

“Sehun?” Luhan asked as he sat up, taking the face pack off, “are you alright?”

 

“I’m fine. Just extremely tired.”

 

“Oh. Was today a bad day?” Luhan came over and took a seat beside Sehun. Sehun rolled over, burying his face in his pillow.

 

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that a lot of things happened today. My body is so fatigued I don’t think I can stay awake for another minute.”

 

Luhan bit his lips and looked at Sehun, slowly standing up and grabbing the blanket to place it on top of him.

 

“If you’re tired, just sleep. It’s not like you have a lot of homework being the new kid. You should get some rest.”

 

“Yeah, that sounds great. Let me just get changed so I can sleep properly,” Sehun murmured. He quickly sat up and loosened his tie, throwing it onto his desk. He took off his jacket and cardigan, placing them on the floor next to the bed and was about to undo the buttons when he felt Luhan staring at him.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun asked, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. Luhan quickly shut his open jaw and stumbled backwards.

 

“I-I’ll be in the bathroom, alright? Just shout when your done,” Luhan stammered as he quickly made his way into the bathroom. The door was slammed shut and Sehun blinked slowly, wondering what just happened.

 

“Um, okay,” Sehun said as he took off his uniform shirt and grabbed a random t-shirt. When he was done changing into his sleeping clothes, he knocked on the bathroom door and was about to go back to bed when he heard a high pitched screech from behind. He spun around to see Luhan staring at him, his cheeks flushed pink.

 

“Sehun! Why the heck are you in your boxers?!

 

“Because this is how I sleep?” Sehun replied, looking down at himself, “why? What’s wrong?”

 

Luhan groaned and covered his face, mumbling something incoherent. Sehun stepped forward, trying to figure out what was wrong, when Luhan screeched once more and stepped backwards.

 

“I’m fine, I’m perfectly fine, so just get into your bed right now!”

 

“Geez, fine!” Sehun finally lied down and pulled the blanket over himself. “Happy?”

 

“Ecstatic,” Luhan mumbled before heading towards the light switch. He turned it off, and the whole room was flooded with sudden darkness. Sehun could hear Luhan make his way to his bed and after a bunch of pained hisses and stumbling, an eery silence filled the room.

 

“Good night Sehunnie,” Luhan whispered. Sehun was about to nod, but realizing Luhan couldn’t see him, he turned around to face the wall and whispered back.

 

“Good night Lu.”

 

 


Okay, so I wasn't planning to update today, but I got a lot of writing done so I just went with it :) Like I said I'm afraid my updates will be slower for the next two weeks, so I want to give you guys as much as I can.

 

Kaisoo and Baekyeol are starting properly, so stay tuned!

 

Don't forget to subcribe, comment below, and vote up! Thanks so much for all the love! 

 

 

HOLY GUYS I JUST WOKE UP AND REALIZED HALF OF MY STORY WAS GONE.

Do you know how utterely devasatated i was. I was about to jump out the window.

untillll I refreshed the page and popped up 3 more chapters.

 

SO. On that note. HERE ARE THE CHAPTERS!!!