I Call Bull

Queer & Proud

 

Just as he imagined, Luhan’s eyes narrowed threateningly at Sehun’s words.

 

“No!” Luhan screamed, “absolutely not!

 

Sehun groaned as Luhan practically shoved him in his bed.

 

“Luhan, I can’t afford to skip class. There’s a test next week and I really need to get above a 90.”

 

“You’re going to get above a freaking 90 without trying. This is a curved test and we all know you’re practically the only one in biology who’s studying for the test.”

 

“That doesn’t mean I can just slack off! I have standards you know!”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and sighed in exasperation. “You heard what the nurse said. You won’t be able to use your wrist until the pain goes away. She gave me the job of taking care of you until you get better and I intend on doing it!”

 

“It’s not like I have pneumonia-”

 

“You’re still sick! Now be quiet and go to sleep! I’ll wake you up when it’s time for dinner.”

 

Sehun snorted. “Luhan, sleeping is not going to make my wrist heal. It’s a freaking physical injury.”

 

“Sleeping heals everything!” Luhan screeched once more before he pushed Sehun’s head down onto his pillow and covered the blanket up to his chin. He didn’t forget to bring his own pillow and lay it beside him, gently taking Sehun’s injured wrist and placing it on top of it.

 

Sehun opened his mouth to retort, but upon seeing Luhan’s deadly glare he promptly closed his mouth. Sighing heavily to show his annoyance, he decided that he’d have to deal with skipping a class today.

 

“Thank you,” Luhan said when he saw that Sehun had given up. He pulled up a chair and grabbed a magazine. Plopping his feet on Sehun’s bed, he looked at Sehun expectantly.

 

“Good night,” Luhan said. Sehun scoffed before turning around to face the wall, ignoring the cheeky smile Luhan was sending in his direction.

 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” were Sehun’s last words before his eyelids slowly fell down. Luhan cocked his head as he stared at the back of Sehun’s head. By the soft, steady breaths he could tell that the boy had finally fallen asleep.

 

“That wasn’t so hard now, was it?”

 

There was no reply, and Luhan slowly put down his magazine. He leaned forward and placed his hands on Sehun’s shoulders. He knew that the younger was an extremely deep sleeper from being his roommate. Almost nothing could wake him up once he was sleeping. He gently rolled him over so he could see his face.

 

Sehun looked uncommonly peaceful when he was sleeping. There were no anxious frowns, indignant looks, or his usual cold expression that he put on when he was awake. For once, he looked calm and at ease.

 

Luhan smiled softly. He could get used to seeing this side of Sehun. The vulnerable, completely open and honest side of Sehun. Although it unfortunately came with a side-effect of him being unconscious.

 

Suddenly, Sehun twitched and his eyebrows scrunched into a tight frown. Luhan’s smile disappeared and he tentatively placed his finger on the sleeping boy’s forehead and pressed down, spreading out the frown into the previous peaceful look.

 

“There,” Luhan whispered, “that’s so much better.”

 

Sehun mumbled something incoherent before he turned over, this time in Luhan’s direction. Luhan kept himself from yelping when Sehun accidently knocked Luhan’s hand away and ended up tucking it under his head.

 

Luhan stood still, unable to do or say anything as his hand was pressed underneath Sehun’s head, bringing his body forward and nearly on top of the sleeping boy. His eyes softened as Sehun, who apparently found Luhan’s hand a comfortable pillow, dug his head deeper.

 

“And you tell me you’re straight?” Luhan asked. Sehun remained still, fast asleep.

 

“Bull.”

 

 

 

 

 

It must’ve been at least two hours since Sehun fell asleep. The first thing he noticed as he slowly gained consciousness was the painful ache in his wrist. He pried open his eyes and glanced quickly at his wrist still propped on top of Luhan’s pillow. The ice was much colder than he remembered, and he guessed that Luhan had probably wrapped a new ice bag while he was asleep.

 

“So he sprained his wrist while trying to keep you from falling?”

 

 


Sehun’s ears perked up at a voice from behind. He didn’t have to turn around and check to see that it was Baekhyun, sounding extremely amused.

 

There was a sigh, most likely from Luhan.

 

“Yeah, and I feel really bad.”

 

“I can’t believe it! Why the heck would he do something like that?”

 

“I don’t know. It’s still sweet, isn’t it?”

 

“ yes! He got hurt because of you. How is he going to eat?”

 

Another worried sigh.

 

“I’m going to help him around. That’s the least I could do.”

 

Sehun finally decided to let the two know that he was awake. He slowly sat up, crying out loud when a sharp pain shot up his arm.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan exclaimed before he ran over. He gently put his arms on the boy’s back, helping him up. Baekhyun watched with a wide, sly grin.

 

“Thanks,” Sehun said curtly before looking at Baekhyun. “What are you doing here?”

 

Baekhyun walked over and leaned against Sehun’s bed, looking down at him with a smile.

 

“I came over because you missed biology class and I was wondering if something was wrong. Then Luhan here told me you got hurt and he kept you here.”

 

“Damn right I did,” Luhan said while his eyes remained fixed on Sehun.

 

“Did I miss anything important?” Sehun asked. Baekhyun shook his head before opening his bag and handing a notebook to Sehun.

 

“You know I usually sleep in that class but I figured I should take some notes for you so you wouldn’t freak out. Don’t worry, I might be lazy as but I wrote down everything that mattered.”

 

Sehun flipped through the notebook and then looked at Baekhyun with a grateful look.

 

 


“Thanks a lot. I was considering going to the teacher after school and begging him for an emergency lesson.”

 

Luhan snorted. “Yeah, isn’t Baekkie here just the sweetest thing ever.”

 

Baekhyun head snapped up and he glared at Luhan. “Stop calling me that!”

 

Luhan stuck out his tongue, earning a huff from Baekhyun and an irritated roll of the eyes from Sehun.

 

“What time is it?” Sehun asked. The sky visible through the window was gray and he wondered if he had missed dinner.

 

“Around five. Dinner just started. We should probably get going now.”

 

Sehun nodded and stood up. Luhan grabbed a cardigan and handed it to the boy, who took it gratefully and put it on. Baekhyun opened the door and let the two out before shutting it and heading towards the cafeteria. It was bustling with students, all a little too crazy after a day of studying and eager to get some food into their system.

 

“You go ahead and sit down. I’ll get you something to eat.”

 

Sehun opened his mouth to complain but Baekhyun, who shared a look with Luhan, grabbed Sehun’s shoulders and pushed him to his seat. Sehun sat down with a disgruntled look.

 

“It’s just a sprained wrist,” he said monotonously. Baekhyun shrugged before taking his own seat. Jongdae and Minseok leaned over and peered at Sehun’s bandaged wrist in curiousity.

 

“What happened?”

 

Sehun was about to reply when Baekhyun beat him to it.

 

“He broke his wrist while trying to save Luhan from falling.”

 

Minseok’s head snapped back and his eyes widened.

 

“You saved Luhan?”

 

“Please, let’s not be overdramatic here.”

 

“He saved Luhan!” Jongdae screeched before pulling Sehun into a tight hug. “Thanks, kiddo, who knows what would’ve happened to Luhan if you weren’t there to catch him in time.”

 

Sehun gaped as Jongdae ruffled his hair, beaming brightly down at the younger boy.

 

“You deserve to be in our very exclusive friend group. I accept you.”

 

“I thought I was forced into it on my first day?”

 

Jongdae shook his head. “Nope, that was purely Jongin and Luhan’s decision. It is very difficult to please me. I’m kind of like the king of these boys here. If you do not receive my approval, you can never be really in.

 

Minseok snorted and grabbed the back of Jongdae uniform, tugging him back.

 

“Honestly, don’t listen to a word he says. He’s a bit insane,” Minseok smiled at Sehun, who continued to look at Jongdae in disbelief.

 

“Jongdae is our king my ,” Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

 

“Hey! I am like the Weasley in the Harry Potter world! You are my peasants!”

 

“Indeed, your majesty. Now shut that mouth of yours and eat.”

 

Minseok shoved a spoonful of beans in Jongdae’s mouth. Jongdae narrowed his eyes but began to chew happily as his boyfriend gave him a pointed look.

 

“I was beginning to forget how crazy you guys really are,” Sehun murmurred. Baekhyun laughed out loud.

 

“Oh please, you’re going to become one with us soon enough.”

 

Sehun looked horrified at the mere thought. “God, I hope not.”

 

Luhan came strolling over, struggling to carry two trays. He managed to put them both down and sighed.

 

“Yifan just commented that I was getting fat when he saw that I was carrying two trays,” he pouted. He turned to look at Sehun with a pissed off look. “Am I really getting fat?”

 

Sehun gawked. How in the world was he supposed to answer such a question? He knew from past experiences with his girlfriends (although none of them lasted long, with him being the anti-social person he was and moving around constantly) that he should never, ever answer with a yes. But did it apply to gay males too? Sehun decided that he wouldn’t take chances.

 

“Nope, you look absolutely fine.”

 

Luhan cocked his head but smiled brightly.

 

“I knew it! Yifan’s just being a jerk.”

 

“Of course he’s being a jerk. He’s a complete douchebag,” Baekhyun commented as he took a bite from Minseok’s unfinished plate.

 

Luhan finally settled down. He pulled forward one plate and scooped up a large amount of rice. He brought it towards Sehun and gestured for the boy to open his mouth.

 

“Come on, you can’t eat with your injured hand.”

 

Sehun closed his mouth tighter and frowned. Baekhyun looked like he was trying hard to keep himself from laughing.

 

“Don’t be stubborn. You can’t pick up anything with your right hand. You’re not just going to starve for the next few days, are you?”

 

“I can eat with my left hand!” Sehun exclaimed before snatching the spoon away from Luhan. However, never having used his left hand before, he lost his grip and watched in horror as the rice fell onto the table.

 

Luhan chuckled quietly and Baekhyun finally lost it, banging the table with his fist. Even Minseok and Jongdae, who were bickering with each other, looked at Sehun in amusement.

 

“I’m sure you can,” Luhan said before slowly taking the spoon out of Sehun’s hand and scooping another portion. He lifted it in the air, looking at Sehun expectantly. With a sigh, Sehun finally opened his mouth and ate it.

 

“Aww, aren’t you an obedient, nice little boy?” Baekhyun cooed, earning a glare from Sehun. Minseok and Jongdae leaned back and watched Luhan slowly feed a disgruntled Sehun.

 

“Don’t forget to give him some veggies!” Jongdae added. Luhan shot him a pointed look and Sehun shrunk lower into his seat.

 

“Sehun is so going to be gay by the end of this year,” Jongdae mused. Minseok rolled his eyes and pulled out a bill, slamming it onto the table.

 

“I call by the beginning of summer break.”

 

Baekhyun tutted before taking out his own wallet.

 

“You boys know nothing. I say by the end of this semester.”

 

The three boys nodded in unison at the start of the bet. They slowly turned their heads and looked at the oblivious pair with a sly smile.

 

Yay! Another update!

Right before I go back to school..... >:( WAH

Another chapter dedicated to Hunhan XD they're so lovely

I know a lot of you guys are waiting patiently for Kaisoo, but they will come out soon! Probably in two chapters or so? Baekyeol is going to make its appearance soon too <3 My goal is to tidy up the first 1/2 of Kaisoo before getting into the Hunhan drama/shiz so I hope the pace isn't too bad for you folks.

Here's a secret: I just wrote another very depressing chapter of Kaisoo rn so I feel very sad :( Well, you can have that to look forward to, right? YAY!

i swear writing this fic makes me emotional unstable. IT'S LIKE FLUFF TIME W/ BAEKYEOL AND HUNHAN AND THEN here comes kaisoo. just no. no. 

Next chapter will be around Wednesday/Thursday :) See you guys soon!