It's Our Turn Now

Queer & Proud

Luhan stared with a proud smile as Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun out the movie theater. He sat back in his seat, sending a wink to the turned back of his friend. Things were going exactly according to plan: he knew Baekhyun, the idiot of the century, wouldn’t last through the movie for longer than 10 minutes. The boy, despite his strong and independent outer appearance, was a big old softy inside who was terrified of two main things in life: ghosts and Park Chanyeol. The latter was a fairly recent addition, but Luhan was happy that he had yet another thing to torment his friend about.

 

It wasn’t everyday where Luhan could see both of Baekhyun’s weaknesses used against him, so now that he had the chance he did his best to perfect his plan. Luhan liked to plan: he was meticulous and loved to analyze people and their relationships, and right now, Byun Baekhyun was the perfect target.

 

He heard a tired sigh come from beside him and turned to look at Sehun, who was giving him an obvious frown even in the dark.

 

“You didn’t have to be so mean. Baekhyun looked like he was going to pee in his pants.”

 

Luhan smiled cheekily. “That was my plan. Chanyeol isn’t going to just sit there and watch Baekhyun freak out, is he? Just wait. I give it exactly two weeks before they announce they’re dating.”

 

Sehun leaned forward so he could hear Luhan over the loud screams coming from the speakers.

 

“Why two weeks? How can you be sure?”

 

Luhan chuckled. “I know my best friend and trust me, he is as dense as someone could get in the romance department. Despite how obvious it might be to us, unless Chanyeol goes around singing ‘I love Byun Baekhyun’ all day, Baekhyun isn’t going to get it. It’ll take about two weeks before Chanyeol finally breaks and some dramatic goes down. You want to bet?”

 

Sehun snorted and pulled back. “No, of course not. He’s your best friend, not mine. I’ll trust your judgement.”

 

Luhan shrugged and whispered a quiet suit yourself before returning his gaze to the screen. He could feel Sehun’s elbows against his as they were both propped up on top of the armrest, and could hear the boy’s faint breathing. The movie suddenly went dead silent, and Luhan took this moment to sink even deeper in his seat and steal a glance in Sehun’s direction. His eyes were glued to the screen, although his expression showed that he found the movie incredibly boring. Sehun was chewing slowly on popcorn, frowning ever so slightly whenever a kettle would be too salty for his liking. Luhan cocked his head and leaned it against the sofa, smiling softly at his observations.

 

For a person who kept on a pokerface daily, Sehun was extremely easy to read.

 

It hadn’t been long since Sehun had transferred to their school, but it felt like Luhan had known the boy for a long time. He felt comfortable around him (as long as Sehun kept on his clothes) and Luhan couldn’t deny his incredibly good looking face. Oh Sehun was perfect, and Luhan would’ve been much more blatant about his feelings if there wasn’t one huge obstacle standing in his way - the fact that Sehun was very much straight.

 

Luhan didn’t have much experience with straight boys. He was always seen as a little bit odd and was bullied severely in kindergarten, which was the reason why he was homeschooled until he reached fourth grade. Then his mother found out about this high school and Luhan was more than excited to try it out. Everyone he ever interacted with was gay, so Luhan had no idea what certain boundaries he couldn’t cross and which ones he could with Sehun. He couldn’t just go up to him and hug him - that much he knew, and he didn’t want Sehun to freak out anymore. So he had to come up with some other plan to get the hetero next to him to bend the other way.

 

Of course, if Sehun ever found out, Luhan’s plan was pretty much destroyed. So he had to, under absolutely every circumstances, keep the boy from finding out.

 

He quickly averted his gaze when Sehun turned around to look at him. Clearing his throat awkwardly, he grabbed a bunch of popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth.

 

“This stuff’s good,” Luhan said with his mouth full. Sehun frowned in disgust and shook his head before before pushing Luhan’s jaw up, forcing his mouth close.

 

“I’m sure it is,” Sehun drawled as he took his own share, “now, watch the movie. You paid for four tickets. Make the best of it.”

 

Luhan grunted and sneaked a final glance in Sehun’s direction before turning his head towards the screen. Honestly speaking, he had no idea what was going on. He was too focused on embarrassing Baekhyun and getting him to cling onto Chanyeol in the beginning, which caused him to miss out on all the important scenes. Finally, when that was over, the fact that he was sitting right next to Sehun watching a horror movie on this non-date hit him and this made him very self-conscious, despite Luhan being one of most carefree students one could ever know.

 

Sehun, being the straight guy he was, seemed to not mind in the least that this situation could easily be seen as a date if Luhan set his mind to it. He simply focused his unamused gaze on the screen and seemed to pay no attention to the fidgeting Luhan beside him.

 

The movie finally came to an end after an excruciating two hours and 25 minutes, and Luhan quickly stood up and stretched his arms. Sehun stuffed the cokes into the big popcorn box, throwing it into the trash bin and then looking back at Luhan.

 

“So, is there anything else to do in this small town?” Sehun asked as Luhan walked up to him and they exited the theater. Luhan looked down and rubbed his stomach with a small frown.

 

“Well, I guess we can go for a second meal.”

 

Sehun immediately halted in his steps, and when Luhan turned to stare at him, he laughed at the exasperated look Sehun was giving him.

 

“You can’t be serious? You just finished a whole pasta, one large cup of ice cream, and you practically devoured that popcorn by yourself.”

 

“Don’t tell me that would make you full.”

 

Sehun sighed in disbelief. “You know what, nevermind. We are not going to go eat again. This is for your own health.”

 

Luhan pouted and was about to whine when Sehun gave him a pointed look, successfully shutting the older up. Sehun crossed his arm and cocked his head.

 

“Any other ideas?”

 

Luhan tapped his chin as he thought about anything else to do. “Well...there’s this place that my friends and I go to. You want to check it out?”

 

Sehun frowned. “It’s not a gay bar, is it? Because although I respect your ual orientation, that’s a bit too much for me.”

 

Luhan blinked before bursting out in laughter, grasping Sehun’s shoulders for support as he doubled over.

 

“Of course not! Gosh, we’re not even legal yet,” Luhan guffawed, earning an embarrassed cough from Sehun as the boy quickly stepped away from the hysterical boy.

 

“Fine. Now will you please stop laughing?” Sehun mumbled. Luhan finally managed to reduce his laughter to quiet chuckles. He began to walk to the other end of town, Sehun following him with a disgruntled look.

 

“It’s in the basement,” Luhan said as they entered a small building together. Sehun followed Luhan down the escalator and when a shady, dark air greeted him as they went deeper, he began to wonder what Luhan wasn’t telling him. .

 

Luhan stopped in front of a black door, staring back at Sehun expectantly. Sehun cleared his throat and tentatively followed the boy in. Luhan’s expression immediately brightened as he waved at a middle-aged man behind the counter.

 

“Ahjussi! I’m back!” Luhan exclaimed. The man’s head snapped up and he grinned widely at Luhan.

 

“You’ve been gone for so long I thought something happened to you, little fella,” he said with a thick Busan accent. The man leaned over to glance at Sehun, who frowned and tried to avoid his inquisitive stare.

 

“I haven’t seen this one before,” the man said as he chewed on his cigarette. Luhan spun around and pulled Sehun forward, ignoring as Sehun gave him a glare.

 

“He’s the newest addition to our group,” Luhan piped up and ruffled Sehun’s hair. Sehun’s jaw dropped open and tried to break away, only to fail.

 

“Fiery, this one,” the man said with a crooked smile. “good choice. So, which room do you want today?”

 

“Room 7, please. We’ve been trying to get that for the longest time but it was always out! Like seriously, ahjussi, can’t you save it so we can use it for once? You know we’ve been pining after it.”

 

“It’s not my fault you spoiled brats only want the best.”

 

“We’ve only had it twice before and you know how much we loved it. Jongin has been bugging me about getting a reservation for some other weekend.”

 

“Well, you’re lucky today. It’s empty,” the man said before chuckling loudly at the horror struck look on Sehun’s face. “I think something’s wrong with your friend. Sort him out first. I’ll get the room ready.”

 

Luhan turned around slowly and quirked an eyebrow at the panic-ridden younger. “Sehun?”

 

Sehun took a step backwards, looking around in alarm. “Please don’t tell me you brought me to some gay e place because I really don’t want to be here right now and you’re making me extremely uncomfortable. I don’t know why you and your friends come here often because honestly I never pegged you to be the type and especially not Baekhyun because he seems all innocent and but apparently not because oh god, you obviously know that guy pretty well and he just screams bad news and I am totally freaking out right now. Let’s go out. Now.”

 

Luhan’s jaw dropped open and he looked like he didn’t know whether to start defending himself or start laughing.

 

Sehun stomped over and grabbed Luhan’s shoulders, pushing him towards the entrance. Luhan quickly twisted his way out of Sehun’s strong grasp and managed to easily trap Sehun against  the wall, giving him an incredulous yet highly amused look.

 

“Oh Sehun. For a person who claims to be antisocial and serious, you sure know how to make a situation hilarious as .”

 

Sehun frowned and tried to push Luhan away, but the older easily pinned his arms down and leaned forward with a cheeky grin.

 

“For gods sake, just stay still for once and listen to me. You’re completely misunderstanding the whole state we are in right now. We came to have fun in an innocent manner, not to some guys. I know you’re straight - I wouldn’t do that to you, would I?”

 

Sehun sighed and leaned his head against the wall, glaring at Luhan.

 

“You said you wanted a room. What else could that mean? Don’t think I’m stupid.”

 

Luhan blinked before chortling loudly. The two could hear a door creak open and the ahjussi walked over, halting in his steps when he took note of the position they were in.

 

“Oh,” the man said, the corner of his mouth going up, “so this is what you meant by new addition?”

 

Luhan quickly jumped back and cleared his throat awkwardly. His cheeks bright red and he avoided Sehun’s vicious glare.

 

“I’ll let you know I’m not gay. Which is exactly why I shouldn’t be here right now.”

 

The man slowly took out his cigarette, frowning slightly in confusion.

 

“What is he talking about?”

 

Luhan sighed and shook his head. “Just ignore him. Is it ready now?”

 

The man laughed and pointed his finger to the room at the very end. “Yup, it’s all yours.”

 

Luhan squealed in excitement, forgetting all about his embarrassment and turning around to look at Sehun, who was currently heading towards the exit. He jumped forward and grabbed the boy’s hood, dragging him towards the room. Sehun resisted but Luhan’s energy was too much and he found himself being thrown into a dark room along with Luhan’s bubbly self. He immediately threw himself against the door, eyeing the room with alert, nervous eyes.

 

Much to his shock, there were no men smiling seductively up at him. There were no wrinkled bedsheets, stinging smells, or toys lying around. There were simply a large TV screen blinking brightly as numbers and words flashed by, a small machine beneath it with buttons, and two long sofas on each side. Luhan shook his head, smiling softly at Sehun before plopping down on one of the sofas and picking up the remote.

 

“Disappointed?” Luhan said with a teasing tone as he pat the seat besides him, gesturing for Sehun to sit down. “How could you honestly think I was taking you to a gay bar? I’m not that cruel and evil.”

 

Sehun finally broke out of his shock and closed his gaping jaw. He pointed at Luhan with an affronted look. “You made it sound like it! You were talking about an exclusive room, how you guys wanted the best, that you guys were pining after it for months, and...that guy!” Sehun pointed in the direction of the counter, “certainly looked the part!”

 

“Ahjussi is the sweetest guy ever,” Luhan chimed, “and also, to make things clear, has a girlfriend.

 

“Yo-you tricked me!”

 

Luhan sighed heavily. “I didn’t trick you. You just assumed the worst. Come on, I only paid for an hour and I want to get as many songs in as I can.”

 

Sehun glowered down at Luhan before taking a seat besides Luhan, mumbling something under his breath. Luhan beamed at him before punching in a few numbers in a machine and grabbing a mic. He threw the other to Sehun, who quickly catched it and stared at it.

 

“Best song ever,” Luhan exclaimed as the melody began to flow out of the large speakers on the ceiling and the title flashed on the screen. Sehun turned his head to Luhan and cocked his eyebrow.

 

“Gee?” he said, “you’re going to sing Gee?”

 

“Oh, I’m not going to sing it,” Luhan mused before pulling Sehun up and dragging him to the middle of the room, “we are!”

 

The lyrics showed up and Luhan paused dramatically before bringing the mic up.

 

“Aha, listen boy!” Luhan screamed in the mic, and Sehun winced slightly and tried to move away. Luhan catched him in time and glared at him to sing the next line.

 

My first love story,” Sehun mumbled, eyes glaring at Luhan who clucked his teeth in disapproval before singing again.
 

 


My angel and my girls!” Luhan said and leaned towards Sehun, screaming into the same mic with Sehun for the next line.

 

“No,” Sehun said firmly. Luhan pushed Sehun away and shook his head.

 

“Fine, be like that you poophead,” Luhan snapped, taking the stage by himself.

 

Neomu Neomu meotjyeo nuni nuni busyeo,” Luhan sang, arms flailing around in excitement. Sehun snorted at this but slowly began to smile at the insane boy.

 

GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY! GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY!”

 

Sehun leaned back and laughed out loud as Luhan copied Girls Generation’s dance.

 

“Oh, Eotteoke hajyo,” Luhan practically shouted, “Tteollineun naneunyo, Dugeun dugeun georyeo bamen jamdo mot irujyo!”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun said, earning a playful smile and bow from Luhan.

 

“Naneun naneun babongabwayo, geudae geudae bakke moreuneun, Babo! Geuraeyo geudael boneun nan!”

 

“1, 2, 3, 4!” Sehun counted. Luhan lifted his hand and paused dramatically before slowly bringing up his mic.

 

“Neomu banjjak banjjak numu busyeo!” Luhan sang then turned the mic in Sehun’s direction. Sehun shook his head before leaning forward, propping his elbows on the table and opening his mouth.

 

“No No No No No!”

 

“Neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nollan naneun!” Another turn of the mic.

 

“Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh!”

 

“Neomu jjarit jjarit momi tteollyeo~” Luhan grinned down at Sehun.

 

“Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee!”

 

“Oh jojeun nunbit!”

 

“Oh Yeah!”

 

“Oh joheun hyanggi!”

 

“Oh Yeah Yeah Yeah!”

 

Luhan and Sehun took turns singing as they smiled widely at each other.

 

“You’re a pretty decent singer,” Luhan finally said after the song came to an end. Sehun snorted.

 

“You can’t count that as singing. Now show me some real singing so I can judge if you’re decent yourself.”

 

Luhan shrugged before picking up the remote. “Just don’t be too surprised, okay?”

 

Sehun watched as Luhan punched in another five digit number and sat down on the sofa across from him. Sehun turned to look at the title.

 

“I’m Yours, huh?” Sehun questioned, but Luhan’s eyes were already focused on the screen.

 

Sehun blinked slowly as Luhan closed his eyes and opened his mouth, his voice flowing out softly. It was much more gentle than he imagined, the exact opposite of Luhan’s excited and bubbly personality. Sehun felt his breath hitch as Luhan swung back and forth to the tune, his voice still pitch perfect and smooth. He couldn’t help but stare as the boy’s eyelids fluttered open ever so often to look at him with an unreadable expression.

 

Luhan was much more than decent in singing. He was actually the best singer Sehun heard so far. His warm and sweet voice made I’m Yours sound like a completely different song from what he remembered it as.

 

“This is our fate,” Luhan sang as his eyes bore into Sehun’s eyes, which were fixated on him for the whole time, “I’m yours.”

 

The song slowly faded out and Luhan put down the mic. There was a long silence as both boys simply gazed at each other, not knowing what to say and not seeing the need to talk. Finally, Sehun was the first one to break out into the biggest grin Luhan ever saw.

 

“You’re really good,” Sehun said, earning a joyful laugh from Luhan.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Another long silence.

 

“You know, we should come here again. But next time you should sing.”

 

Sehun shook his head. “No, I’m a terrible singer. I do dance, though.”

 

Luhan’s eyes brightened and he leaned forward.

 

“You dance? Wow, that’s amazing. You have to show it to me sometime!”

 

“Sure, but if you promise that you’ll sing for me again.”

 

Luhan blushed bright red and he dropped his gaze. “Of course.”

 

Sehun chuckled as he stood up. He walked towards the door and looked back at Luhan.

 

“It’s getting late. Let’s head back.”

 

Luhan smiled before nodding. He ran after Sehun and grabbed the back of his hoodie, holding it tightly as the two made their way back to school.

 
 

Hunhan date! Yay! although according to Sehun it's a non-date (oh, that dork)

Baekyeol may or may not (*wink wink*) come soon ;)

Many of you asked if I'm Korean. The answer is yes. I was born here and my parents are Korean, but I lived in America for a couple of years thus making me fluent in both english and korean. I currently attend a school for students planning to go to foreign schools for university.

Ahaha i was cringing so much as i was writing this owendiwndowd i'm sorry guys. i am very sorry

Also, next week is going to be one hell of a week for me. I'll only be able to update at a maxium twice or three times next week, so please be patient with me!

Thanks so much! Please subscribe, vote up, and comment below

(this chapters has not been edited properly. I will probably come back to read over it, but please bear with it for now. Thankyou)