Sweet Times

Queer & Proud

The creaking of the car had gotten almost unbearably loud as the hour ticked on, but luckily the mood of the car was much lighter than before. Sehun was completely knocked out, and Luhan, who was busy chatting with Minseok over Jongin’s head, watched the younger’s head bob up and down.

 

“Luhan,” Minseok said, staring at him through the rearview mirror, “steady Sehun’s head, will you? It looks like it’s going to fall off any second now.”

 

“What do you want me to do? The vibration of the car keeps on shaking it,” Luhan protested. Jongin snorted quietly, and Luhan took the opportunity of sitting behind him to swiftly knock him on the head with his phone.

 

“Why don’t you lay his head on your lap or something?”

 

Luhan turned bright red. “Are you kidding me? He’s going to freak out when he wakes up.”

 

“It’s not like you’re cuddling him. Just do it. He looks so uncomfortable my neck is starting to hurt.”

 

Although he frowned in protest, his worry for Sehun’s neck overruled his logical sense, so he slowly wrapped his hand around Sehun’s arm and pushed him down. Quickly but gently, he placed the boy’s head on his own lap, and stared down as Sehun swifted slightly to a more comfortable position in his sleep.

 

“You guys are just too adorable” Minseok teased, but Luhan was too distracted to reply. Jongin, who was still having a hard time breathing because of a certain someone two seats away, looked back and managed to smile weakly.

 

“If only he wasn’t straight,” Jongin commented, and Luhan, who finally looked up from staring at Sehun’s sleeping face, nodded slowly.

 

“You know the quickest way to turn him homoual? Take him to a gay bar,” Jongdae piped up from the front. Minseok frowned and slapped his arm, pointing back to the road for him to refocus on the driving.

 

“I’m not taking him to a gay bar. I’m trying to get him to like me, not to traumatize him forever,” Luhan snapped. He heard a small sigh, and stared in shock when he saw Sehun roll his head back.

 

“, , ,” Luhan muttered, “ing hell.”

 

“What’s wrong?” Jongin said, arms dangling back and looking at his friend in worry.

 

“Can someone please roll his head forward? This is not good.”

 

Jongin’s eyes widened when he realized how close Sehun was to Luhan’s crotch, and leapt backward to drag the sleeping boy’s head away.

 

“Oh my ing god. He is going to kill me,” Luhan sighed. “Why is he doing this to me?”

 

“It’s your fault for crushing on a straight guy,” Minseok added, and both Jongin and Jongdae started snickering.

 

“Shut. Up,” Luhan hissed, “you’re going to wake him up.”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re playing the protective boyfriend role already?”

 

“I’m serious. Shut up.”

 

Luhan’s angry voice startled everyone, and Minseok immediately closed his mouth before turning back around to face the front. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo shared an uneasy look at the sudden change in the cheery boy’s attitude.

 

“Don’t get so pissy at us,” Jongin snapped, “you’re not the only one in this car who’s having love problems.”

 

Kyungsoo visibly flinched, and Jongin, who seemed to realize what he had just said, paled and leaned back when Chanyeol sent him a disapproving glare.

 

Luhan sighed. “Yeah, sorry. I guess I was just anxious. My heteroual crush is lying on my lap, and his head was dangerously close to my private part only seconds ago.”

 

“At least he doesn’t hate you,” Jongin muttered under his breath so only Luhan could hear. Sehun’s snoring suddenly got louder, and Jongdae, who was starting to get car sick once more, groaned out loud.

 

“Someone wake him up. My head is starting to hurt from all the noise,” Jongdae whined, but Luhan frowned and wrapped his arm around Sehun’s lying torso protectively.

 

“I’m not waking him up. He’s sleeping like a baby. Plus, he’ll freak out if he woke up in my lap.”

 

“Well, since I’m the driver and I’m feeling nauseous right now, you better wake him up if you don’t want a crash-”

 

“Stop acting like a weakling and man it up.”

 

Jongdae’s head snapped up and his eyes narrowed threateningly. Minseok, who was watching warily from the side, gaped when he saw the familiar glint in his boyfriend’s eyes.

 

“Kim Jongdae, don’t you dare-”

 

“OH SEHUN! IT’S TIME TO WAKE UP, EYES! IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP IN FIVE SECONDS I’M GOING TO DITCH THE WHEEL AND GO BACK THERE TO KISS YOU-”

 

“Yah, Kim Jongdae!” Luhan seethed, and Minseok quickly pushed Jongdae back down before covering his mouth. “Shut up!”

 

Luhan looked down in anxiety, but fortunately Sehun was an incredibly deep sleeper and didn’t move an inch. Sighing in relief, he glared viciously at a smirking Jongdae in the front.

 

“Bastard,” Luhan said quietly, and Jongdae shrugged nonchalantly.

 

After about an hour more of driving, the six boys, excluding Sehun who was still fast asleep, grinned widely at the sight of a large apartment complex. Jongdae quickly parked the car and stretched, letting out a holler of joy.

 

“We’re finally here!” Everyone yelled, and Jongin was the first one to leap out of the van and run around the parking lot. Minseok and Jongdae soon followed, with Chanyeol laughing hysterically at their antics and Kyungsoo standing awkwardly by the vehicle.

 

Luhan, however, was still stuck inside, staring down at the sleeping boy. He didn’t know what to do - he was anxious to go out and stretch his legs, but he also didn’t want to wake up Sehun either. Deciding that he had no choice, he slowly shook the boy awake.

 

“Sehun. We’re here.”

 

Luhan’s voice got louder and louder, and eventually Sehun stirred in his sleep. He must’ve realized that something was off, as his eyes suddenly shot open.

 

There was a long silence in the car, before Sehun jumped up in complete surprise.

 

“Why was I sleeping on your lap?!” He screeched. Luhan sighed before leaning back in his seat.

 

“You looked like you were about to break your neck so I thought I’d do you a favor.”

 

“Dude, my head was right near your-”

 

Sehun suddenly went red, and Luhan merely chuckled quietly.

 

“Trust me. If Jongin wasn’t there to help me out, you would’ve woken up in a much more awkward position-”

 

Sehun twirled around before Luhan could finish and stumbled out of the car.

 

“I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear it-” Sehun shook his head vehemently, covering his ears with his hands.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.”

 

Sehun looked to the side to see Kyungsoo standing alone, staring blankly at the rest of the boys screaming in joy and chasing each other. He then saw Luhan slip out of the car, offer him a smile, and run to join the rest.

 

“You don’t seem too happy about getting away from your house over break,” Sehun mused, although his eyes remained focused on Luhan who was currently laughing at something with Jongdae. His eyes hardened when he remembered what had happened back in the car, and by Kyungsoo’s amused eyes he could tell he had turned red.

 

“Cute,” Kyungsoo commented quietly, and Sehun sighed tiredly.

 

“Seriously, you too? Why can’t you guys just leave me and my straight self alone?”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. “You know, for a guy who claims to be observant, you sure are blind to what’s really going on.”

 

“Look. I get that all of you guys are gay. I respect that - it’s your ual orientation, and I have absolutely nothing against it. But you guys need to leave me alone and respect me for who I am.”

 

“No one is disrespecting you,” Kyungsoo replied with his usual calm tone, “actually, I don’t think this is a conversation I should be having with you.”

 

“Exactly. What we should really be talking about,” Sehun lifted a finger and pointed at the dark skinned boy a couple steps away, “is him.”

 

He could feel the boy beside him stiffen at the sight, but Sehun had noticed one thing since he stumbled out of the car: Kyungsoo’s eyes, although completely void of emotion, hadn’t left Jongin once.

 

“You realize you’re going to spend a week with him, right? I know you guys were roommates for like forever, but this is going to be different. Things are going to change. Are you ready for that?”

 

“Nothing’s going to change,” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“No, they definitely will,” Sehun affirmed, “because frankly, we’re all tired as from this silent war going on between you two, and you will give him a chance.”

 

“Sehun, how many times do I need to tell you-”

 

“Sehun!” Luhan exclaimed and rushed over. “We’re going to head to Baekhyun’s apartment now. Did you grab all of your stuff?”

 

Sehun pointed at the large pile of bags near his feet, and Luhan took one look at it before shooting the boy an incredulous look.

 

“We’re not moving to Africa, in case you were wondering,” Luhan said, but Sehun merely grabbed his bags and pushed past the senior to follow the rest of the boys. Kyungsoo found his place beside Chanyeol, who casually slung his arm around his best friend’s shoulder and shot him a grin. Kyungsoo was too busy staring at Jongin, who was also sneaking nervous glances behind.

 

Jongdae led the rest to the seventh floor, and everyone glanced at the door at the very end of the hall. Suddenly, the door flung open and Baekhyun came stumbling out, his hair a complete mess.

 

“Oh my god,” Baekhyun muttered, “it’s time already? I thought I had an hour left.”

 

“Nope,” Minseok snickered, “we’re already here, Byun.”

 

“But my house is still-”

 

Everyone pushed past Baekhyun and entered the house. Only Chanyeol remained, and he smiled warmly down at the shorter boy, who just realized he still had his pajamas on.

 

“Hey cutie,” Chanyeol’s low voice took Baekhyun by surprise, and he had to keep his cheeks from firing up again. , I thought I had it under control now.

 

“H-hey,” Baekhyun managed to reply as he tried to flatten his hair. Chanyeol looked at him, his eyes twinkling with amusement, before leaning down and grabbing Baekhyun’s hand.

 

“You look fine,” he said, “come on. It’s getting cold. Let’s get you back in.”

 

Before Baekhyun could utter back a response, Chanyeol dragged the boy in and closed the front door. His eyes immediately zeroed in at the boys currently huddled around the living room coffee table and engaged in a heated debate.

 

“I repeat, again,” Sehun gritted his teeth. “I am not going to be sleeping on the floor.”

 

“You have no choice,” Jongdae snapped back, “there’s only three bedrooms here, and you just lost your chance.”

 

“Because I lost a stinking game of rock-paper-scissors? You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

“Come on Sehun, it’s not going to be that bad-”

 

“Do you see the state of this place?”

 

Baekhyun winced at Sehun’s outburst. He quickly ducked behind Chanyeol’s tall figure, hoping to keep away from Sehun’s vicious glare.

 

“It’s not that bad,” Luhan said weakly, almost sounding pleading.

 

“I found a cockroach under the couch! This is completely unsanitary! I could die!

 

“He’s psychotic, that one,” Jongin muttered under his breath. “Fine, you know what? You can just have my bed. I don’t freaking care where I sleep anyway.

 

 


Sehun turned red and he stormed over to Baekhyun, who cowered even more behind a very much amused looking Chanyeol.

 

“If one of us dies because of this insect-infested house, it’s all on you, got it?” Sehun snarled, and Baekhyun nodded nervously, for the first time being genuinely intimidated under the boy’s furious eyes.

 

“I thought he was supposed to be the normal one,” Kyungsoo spoke up quietly, and Luhan sighed, hanging his head low.

 

“So, the sleeping arrangement is this: Sehun with the guestroom bed, I’m on the floor beside him, Jongin, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo are all in the living room, Jongdae and Minseok in Baekhyun’s parents’ room, and Baekhyun will be sleeping in his own room. Clear?’

 

“I thought you were going to sleep in the living room too?” Jongin asked, but a sly grin stretching on his face annoyed Luhan, who narrowed his eyes in response.

 

“The living room can’t fit four people. It’s crowded as it is, while the guest room has more than enough space-””

 

“Oh please. Just tell us the truth and say you want to share a room with hetero.”

 

Before Luhan could say anything, Sehun threw his hand up in the air in frustration and growled.

 

“ this,” he said before grabbing his things and storming into the room. Luhan looked at the boy before switching his gaze to the smiling Jongin.

 

“You’re runing all my efforts in trying to be subtle,” he said dryly.

 

“You’re welcome,” Jongin replied with a playful wink, and this time it was Luhan’s turn to sigh and follow Sehun into the room.


“”Tell me if it gets a little too loud in there over night, and you can crash in my room,” Baekhyun said, and everyone chuckled loudly when Luhan slammed the door shut.

 


ayo guys :)

Thanks for being patient with me.

I actually don't have much to say today...so the AN will be short!

Next update will be......Saturday or Sunday!

See you guys sooooon.