Eomma help!

Fostered love.

Baro sat on the ground, hidden by the car. He didn’t know how long he had sat there for but he knew that somehow he had to get Sandeul out of the house. He said there trying to think of a way. His brain however refused to help him and only thought of the horrific scene he had just witnessed and possible others that have occurred before. Baro finally decided to leave his spot and to see if Sandeul’s father had returned to him.

Baro carefully walked across the road in order to prevent himself from being seen. Baro hid behind a bush, right in front of the front room window. Baro waited a few minutes before the door finally opened and Sandeul’s dad was dragging Sandeul in by the hair. Baro knew that Sandeul was screaming in pain. Baro’s stomach churned as he watched Sandeul being thrown through the coffee table.

Baro watched on in horror. He knew that calling the police would mean hell to Sandeul and his dad, that Sandeul wouldn’t talk to him and would become an outcast in school. Unable to think of anything better Baro looked around for something to distract Sandeul’s dad, who had just smashed a glass vase over Sandeul’s head.

Baro hand gripped a large rock; instinctively Baro threw the rock as hard as he can at the front room window. The rock smashed through the window, causing the glass to shatter and cover the front room.  Baro watched as Sandeul’s father yelled in shock. He rushed to the window and looked out in order to find the culprit. By this stage Baro had hidden himself underneath the car that was parked in front of the house, behind the bush.

Baro took out his phone and rang Sandeul. Baro could see Sandeul’s dad examining the window from the front garden, in order to find where the culprit might have stood. After two attempts Sandeul finally answered.

“Hello” answered Sandeul weakly.

“Sandeul get out now. There’s no time.” Whispered Baro.

“What?” replied Sandeul.

“Your dad’s distracted, quickly get your phone and bag and sneak out now.”

“Wait” replied Sandeul. “Did you throw that rock?”

“Yes” replied Baro.

“Are you crazy?” said Sandeul in anger. “Do you want to die?”

“Look, if dying means getting you away from him then I’ll take it”

“Baro-ah”

“Please Sandeul, I care about you. If you don’t leave I’ll have to get others involved and for your sake I don’t want that.”

“Where would I go?” asked Sandeul.

“To mine” replied Baro.

Baro looked for Sandeul’s dad who began to leave the garden; he walked past Baro’s hiding spot and walked across the road.

“Look, I’ll text you the address, promise me that you will leave in the next two minutes” said Baro.

“Araso” replied Sandeul. “But what will you do?”

“Don’t worry about me.” said Baro. “Once you’re out I’ll leave.”

“Promise me” said Sandeul.

“Okay I promise. Quickly I have to go your fathers walking back to the house”

Baro quickly hung up and lay quietly as he watched Sandeul’s father’s shoes walk by.  Baro as quietly as possible took out his phone and texted Sandeul his address. Sandeul’s dad continued to examine the scene for five more minutes before finally going back inside.

“Sandeul-ah” yelled Sandeul’s father two minutes later.

‘’ thought Baro, as he assumed that Sandeul was caught.

However Sandeul’s dad then came running out of the house. He looked around wildly.

“Sandeul-ah” screamed Sandeul’s dad.

Sandeul’s dad ran up the road away from the house. Baro quickly left his hiding spot and rang Sandeul.

“Yah, where are you?” asked Baro as Sandeul picked up the phone.

“I’m… about …. Five … minutes… away…. From the house” panted Sandeul.

Baro could tell that Sandeul had been running.

“Which way did you go when you left?” asked Baro.

“Eh, right looking at the house” replied Sandeul after a moment of hesitation.

“ keep running, your dad left that way”

“”

“I’m on my way” announced Baro as he set off.

He hung up and sprinted at full speed. Although he had only been down here once before, he had used back roads which Daehyun said was faster. He knew that if he ran fast enough he could overtake Sandeul’s dad. After about two minutes of running around the back roads, Baro seen Sandeul’s dad running along the main road. Baro kept running despite the pain in his back and his tired legs.

After another two minutes Baro decided to go onto the main road. Baro ran out onto an empty street, he couldn’t see anyone in either direction. Baro took his phone out and rang Sandeul.

“Baro-ah help” said Sandeul.

“Where are you?” asked Baro.

“I’m in a side alley, I just saw my dad walk onto the main street, please hurry.” Cried Sandeul.

“Sandeul-ah, calm down. Okay. Tell me something that’s near you.”

“Eh, there’s a tteokbokki stand.” Replied Sandeul.

“On my way” replied Baro.

He hung up the phone and sprinted down the street. He turned the corner onto a street full of venders. Baro stood horrified as he seen Sandeul’s dad talking to an ahjumma at a stand near the other side of the street. Baro quickly made his way down the street. Finally within feet of Sandeul’s dad, Baro found Sandeul hiding. Baro quickly embraced Sandeul in a tight hug. Baro looked up and could see Sandeul’s father approaching.

“Don’t question what I’m about to do and just follow” said Baro.

Baro quickly locked lips with Sandeul. He pressed his lips firmly against Sandeul’s and passionately kissed him. After a few seconds Sandeul kissed back. The two passionately kissed one another. After a minute without realizing Baro slid his tongue into Sandeul’s mouth, after Sandeul opened it for some air. The two continued this kiss for another minute. Baro opened his eyes and seen that Sandeul’s father had gone.

Baro ended the kiss pulling away from Sandeul and taken deep breathes. Sandeul stared at him confused and dazed.

“W… Wh…. Wha… What j… just … h… happened?” asked Sandeul.

“Mian, I had to do something to get rid of your father. He was walking over I thought a hug wouldn’t make him leave without questioning whether or not it was you.” Replied Baro.

“Oh” exclaimed Sandeul.

Suddenly Sandeul fell to the ground, clutching his head in pain.

“Sandeul-ah, Sandeul-ah, are you okay?” asked Baro as he quickly rushed to Sandeul’s aid.

Sandeul sat on the ground for a minute before nodding his head.

“Sorry, I just got a huge pain, that’s all.” Replied Sandeul weakly.

“Come on I better get you to mine” said Baro. “Can you walk?”

Sandeul nodded and stood up with Baro’s help. The two quietly walked back to Baro’s using the back roads. After twenty minutes they reached the top of Baro’s road and they knew that they could relax as it was completely impossible for Sandeul’s father to find them. Just as they walked onto Baro’s road, Sandeul suddenly collapsed.

“Sandeul-ah” yelled Baro as he rushed to Sandeul’s aid.

Sandeul lay motionless on the ground. Baro quickly scanned the street for help; however there was no one to be seen. Baro pulled Sandeul up and heaved him onto his back. Baro winced with the pain that surged through his body as Sandeul’s body was strung across his back. Baro moved as fast as he dared. After two minutes Baro finally reached the house, were Daehyun stood outside.

“Ah Baro” said Daehyun turning to greet him.

However Daehyun froze seeing Sandeul draped over Baro’s back.

“Quickly” called Baro.

Daehyun quickly dropped the shopping bags, opened the gate and front door. He helped Baro bring Sandeul in.

“Ah Daehyun-shi, finally your back” called Mrs Jung from the kitchen.

She walked to the front door to greet Daehyun but stopped in horror as she looked at Sandeul. She dropped her glass, which shattered into pieces on the floor.

“Eomma, please help” pleaded Baro as he looked at her.