Bastard

Fostered love.

Mrs Jung drove around for half an hour. The car was quiet despite Mrs Jung’s extension to what should have been only twenty minutes. Mrs Jung suddenly turned into a car park for a shopping centre. She drove to the top level where she parked the car, turned off the engine and stepped out. Baro and Daehyun looked at each other. Both were obviously confused. They both hopped out of the car. Mrs Jung was leaning against the hood of the car. They slowly approached her.

“Are you okay Baro-shi?” asked Mrs Jung.

“Hm” replied Baro.

“What happened?” asked Mrs Jung. “Daehyun-shi didn’t seem to quite know.”

“We split up and I ran into a dead end so I hid and managed to escape.” Replied Baro.

“No. I mean when just before he started to chase you.”

“Oh. Well we came back from the cafeteria and found the room in bits when we left he seen us and chased us.” Replied Baro.

“Daehyun-shi” said Mrs Jung. “Could you do me a favour and run down to the convenience store below and get us some drinks?”

“Sure” replied Daehyun.

Mrs Jung took some notes from her pocket and handed them to him. He bowed before he walked away and down the stairs. Baro and Mrs Jung remained by the car in silence for a minute. Mrs Jung sighed before facing Baro.

“Baro-shi.” Said Mrs Jung. “You don’t seem to quite know what I’m asking. Daehyun said that you sprinted to the room after seeing him and that you knew who he was. How?”

“I saw Sandeul’s father beating him the day I brought him home. I helped Sandeul escape the house. When I saw him I knew that something bad had happened.”

“I see. But how did he know to come to the hospital?”

“Didn’t you tell him” said Baro.

“No, when I arrived at his house there was no one there” replied Mrs Jung.

“Oh. Did the hospital…”

“No, they said that they never told him” interrupted Mrs Jung. “And no one else knew”

“Oh” exclaimed Baro in surprise. “Wait where is Sandeul?”

“He’s at the house” replied Mrs Jung. “When his dad wasn’t at home, I contacted the hospital. A secretary reported that she was asked for Sandeul’s whereabouts. So the security and the doctor relocated Sandeul until I arrived when they brought him to ours. The doctor is there now.”

Baro sighed with relief. He leaned against the car. They remained silent for another minute.

“Wait. Why did you bring us here?” asked Baro.

“Encase he followed us” replied Mrs Jung. “I’m certain that I lost him however I just wanted to remain sure.”

Just then Daehyun arrived. His face was flushed and he was out of breath. He had obviously been running.

“He’s here!” said Daehyun.

“What?” replied Mrs Jung.

“Sandeul’s dad is in the shopping centre.”

“Quick in the car” said Mrs Jung as she ran to the driver’s seat.

Baro threw opened the door and jumped in. He slid to the opposite side, leaving in order to let Daehyun. Daehyun followed seconds later. Mrs Jung had already started the car and began to drive before Daehyun had closed the door.

“Go” screamed Daehyun as Sandeul’s dad appeared.

Mrs Jung quickly accelerated and went down to the second level. Just then Sandeul’s dad ran out of the stair case. Mrs Jung drove through the empty parking spots, ignoring the driving lanes. She quickly reached the next ramp and drove down to the ground floor. However upon arrival Sandeul’s dad raced out of the stairwell again. He ran towards the car. Mrs Jung drove full speed towards the exit. She avoided some parked cars and managed to stir around Sandeul’s dad. She drove out of the car park and swerved onto the road. The road was empty except for some random parked cars and on cyclist. Sandeul’s dad ran out after them. Mrs Jung drove down the road and around the corner. Sandeul’s dad had soon disappeared from sight. Mrs Jung drove around for an hour more. Daehyun and Baro kept their eyes peeled for Sandeul’s dad. After an hour Mrs Song decided that returning home would be the best decision.

They arrived without any problem. The three of them quickly ran into the house. They made sure that no one noticed them as they shut the front door behind them. Mrs Jung trudged to the kitchen table where she collapsed onto a chair. Baro and Daehyun followed her.

“Hungry?” asked a voice from behind.

The three turned to see Mr Jung standing at the bottom of the stairs. He walked over to them and gave Mrs Jung a back hug along with a kiss on the forehead. Mrs Jung smiled at his display of affection.

“Well are yah?” asked Mr Jung.

“Starving” announced Mrs Jung. “And I’m sure these two worked up an appetite with all the running they did”

Mr Jung smiled before going to the fridge. He took out a bottle of coke and placed it on the table. He then placed four glasses onto the table before pouring everyone a glass. He then proceeded to hand each of them there glass, which they all accepted gratefully.

“God it’s late” sighed Mrs Jung.

“Have you got work tomorrow?” asked Daehyun.

“Hm” replied Mrs Jung.

“Don’t worry the food will be here shortly.” Announced Mr Jung.

“What?” said Mrs Jung.

“I ordered chicken a half hour ago it should be here shortly.”

“Yes” celebrated Daehyun.

Baro weakly smiled, too drained to do much else. The four of them sat there discussing what had happened at the hospital. After ten minutes the doorbell rang. Baro got up and answered the door as Mr Jung got some money. Baro opened the door to display a fuming man. The man stood there with his eyes blazing and with a metal pipe in his right hand. Baro froze as he stared at Sandeul’s father.

“So this is where you bastard live” said Sandeul’s father smirking.

Baro grabbed the door and went to close the door however Sandeul’s father blocked it with his foot. He pushed the door causing Baro to trip and fall backwards. Baro again screamed in pain as he landed on his back on a pile of shoes. Daehyun, Mrs Jung and Mr Jung were all on their feet watching Sandeul’s father.

“Where is he?” asked Sandeul’s father.

“Who?” replied Mr Jung.

“Where is Sandeul?” demanded Sandeul’s father.

“Who is Sandeul?” asked Mrs Jung.

Sandeul’s father’s face went bright red in anger. He placed his metal pipe on top of Baro’s face. He then put his foot lightly over Baro’s groin. The other three stood in shock as they watched Baro squirm in pain.

“I’ll give you three seconds.” Announced Sandeul’s father. “One…”

Daehyun went to move forward.

“Step forward and I will step on your friend here.” Said Sandeul’s father.

He indicated down to his right foot which was pressed on Baro’s groin.

“Two… Three”.

Sandeul’s father stomped down on Baro’s groin. Baro screamed in pain as he rolled around clutching his groin. Sandeul’s father smirked in pleasure. Baro rolled towards the door before throwing up onto an empty spot, free of shoes. After throwing up he rolled back into the other direction. Sandeul’s father stopped him and repositioned himself.

“Stop” screamed Mrs Jung as she began to cry. “Please stop.”

“Tell me where he is” demanded Sandeul’s father.

Mrs Jung looked down to Baro who shook his head in an attempt to tell her not to say anything. Mrs Jung began to cry. Mr Jung started to comfort her. Daehyun however didn’t budge and stared straight at Sandeul’s father.

“Yah prick” said Baro weakly.

Sandeul’s father looked straight down at him threatingly.

“What did you just say?”

“Yah, prick” replied Baro. “Sad that you no longer have a punching bag. That you now have to pick random people to take your anger out on.”

Sandeul’s father lifted his pipe and smashed it straight into Baro’s face. It cut Baro’s lip and broke Baro’s nose. Baro however didn’t budge. Suddenly police sirens could be heard coming closer to the house. Within seconds there flashing lights could be seen. Baro and Daehyun grinned.

“You called the ing police” yelled Sandeul’s father.

Daehyun innocently raised his hands.

“What can I say, bastards like you deserve to be removed from society.” Replied Daehyun.

“BASTARD?” screamed Sandeul’s father.

“I know, too weak of a word to describe you. A child beater, a drunk, a druggy.” Said Baro. “What’s left? A ?”

Sandeul’s father stomped onto Baro’s stomach and repeatedly punched him and hit him with the metal pipe. Daehyun ran to help Baro but was hit in the face with the pipe. Daehyun lay on the ground unconscious. Just then the police rushed in and managed to prey Sandeul’s father off of Baro as he had kneeled down and had started to repeatedly punch him in the face. Baro was left lying there covered in blood. His eyes were badly bruised and red. His nose was completely broke and gushed blood. His wrist also lay limp by his side and his left thumb lay dislocated. Baro’s lip was covered in cuts and blood as well as his cheeks. His t-shirt had become stained in blood.

Daehyun lay on the ground nearby with a cut down the side of his face that gushed blood. He however lay unconscious. Mrs Jung had fainted after seeing Baro being attacked and seeing Daehyun being knocked unconscious. Mr Jung attempted to comfort her as he stared in shock at Baro and Daehyun. The room was filled with noise, none of which any of the four heard. Baro was unable to hear anything as his body screamed in pain, demanding for attention. Mr Jung was too shocked to fully comprehend what was happening and Mrs Jung as well as Daehyun were both unconscious. The police had dragged Sandeul’s father out of the house and some paramedics came rushing into the house after being given clearance.

 

I hope you guys enjoy. I'm happy to see that you guys are enjoying this story so far. I hope you continue to like it. Thanks for the comments and I'm glad to see that yous are getting into the story. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)