Promise me.

Fostered love.

 

The police left after that. The rest of the day went by pretty slowly. All day Baro wanted to ask Sandeul if he was okay however he decided that Sandeul might explode if he did so. Daehyun, however, didn’t let the police visit affect him as he continuously attempted to liven the mood of the group. Yoon Ae made them a large lunch full of their favourite things before she left for work. The three ate everything on the table. Daehyun and Baro kept joking that they almost ate the napkins and cutlery as well.

Mrs Jung returned home at six, almost immediately upon arrival she began to question the three about the police visit. She then copied the police by reminding Sandeul that by charging his dad he will go to jail. Apart from the setback they still had a lot of fun. Baro and Daehyun introduced Sandeul to slender man. Which caused them to continuously burst out laughing at one another whenever they jumped. They all then agreed to stick with the theme of horror and decided to watch “To sir, with love”. By the end of the film Baro sat with his face buried in Sandeul’s lap and his hands over his ears. After the second jump scare Baro remained in that position. Despite being continuously scared throughout Sandeul found himself comforted by Baro’s presence and tried his best not to act scared for him.

Daehyun couldn’t help but laugh at the two of them by the end of the film. Sandeul sat there with a pale face with Baro quivering in his lap. They were called for dinner shortly after that when Mrs Jung ruined the mood with her devastating question.

“Are you three ready for school tomorrow?” asked Mrs Jung as she picked up a beef rib.

Baro dropped his chopsticks as she asked the question. Sandeul looked up in shock and Daehyun groaned.

“What? Did you think I’d let you guys take the week off?” laughed Mrs Jung.

Mr Jung smirked as he drank a spoonful of soup.

“Can we take tomorrow off?” pleaded Daehyun.

“Pretty pwease” said Baro in his most aegyo filled voice.

Sandeul had to pretend to get a glass of water in order to hide his red cheeks and his big smile from seeing Baro’s aegyo. Daehyun started to choke on his food while Mr Jung cringed at Baro. Mrs Jung laughed at Baro before shaking her head.

“Nice try”

“Well I’m out of ideas” said Baro as he started to eat his food again.

He acted oblivious to the other’s strange looks and remarks. After dinner they returned to their room and began to pack for school. Both Daehyun’s and Baro’s school bags lay in the corner of the room. Sandeul however didn’t have his books or bag therefore Mrs Jung decided to bring them to Sandeul’s house in order to get his books. However before she could bring them she was called back into work. In the end Mrs Jung said that she would get them for him for Tuesday. With that agreed on the three of them went to bed that night. Baro, as usual, fell asleep quickly. He gave Sandeul a back hug and fell asleep in that position.

Before they knew it, Mrs Jung was calling them the next morning.

“Get up” yelled Mrs Jung.

Sandeul woke up first. He freed himself from Baro and went for a shower. He had started to wash his hair when Baro barged into the bathroom. Sandeul froze as Baro walked in.

“W… W… What are you doing?” asked Sandeul stuttering.

“Taking a piss” replied Baro with a yawn.

Baro began to go to the toilet. Sandeul could feel himself get hard as part of Baro’s showed while Baro went to the toilet. Sandeul couldn’t take his eyes off of Baro, he strangely found himself jealous of the toilet as it could see what Sandeul wanted to see. Sandeul sighed with relief as he realised that was blocked by the shower. Baro finished with the toilet and turned to face Sandeul.

“Thanks mate” said Baro.

“For what?” asked Sandeul.

“For not kicking me out” replied Baro. “I was bursting”

Baro smiled before leaving. Sandeul found himself staring at the spot where Baro had thanked him. After a minute Sandeul snapped back into reality when the shampoo went into his eyes.

“Aish. Is he trying to tease me” muttered Sandeul as he went back to washing his hair. “If not then why show part of your and then make both your bulge and your hairs visible”

Sandeul sighed as he angrily began to scrub his body.

 

The three of them rushed to school that morning after leaving the house ten minutes later than usual. They managed to just get in the class room door as the bell rang. Mrs Song stood at the top of the class already; she smiled brightly at the sight of them. The three of them bowed to her before taking their seats. The class watched Sandeul as he walked across the class towards his seat. Their eyes still fixed on him until Mrs Song managed to divert them back to her.

She began to take the attendance. After finishing the attendance she took out a folder.

“I have been asked to remind the groups that your music exam is in two days’ time. I hope you have all been practicing hard” announced Mrs Song.

Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul all looked at each other. They had all forgotten about the test and that they were supposed to write and perform their own song. Baro cursed under his breath as he thought of their bad look. Mrs Song finished the announcements a few minutes later.

“Well that’s all for today.” Announced Mrs Song. “Oh Baro-shi, can you wait for me outside?”

Baro looked at her in shock before nodding. He stood up and made his way out of the classroom with everyone watching him with curiosity. Baro waited outside the class room in the corridor for a few minutes. Suddenly he could hear all of the students talking to one another loudly. He repeatedly heard hi name along with Sandeul’s. Mrs Song then walked out of the class.

“Can you follow me?” asked Mrs Song.

Baro nodded. Mrs Song started down the corridor. Baro followed her as she led him down the corridor and into a meeting room. Baro automatically recognised it as the meeting room that he had been attacked By Mr Kang in. Mrs Song sat at the far side of the table and gestured for Baro to sit down. Baro noticed that his blood had been cleaned from the floor and the walls and that the book shelves were fixed and the books had been neatly put back into place. Baro slowly sat down opposite Mrs Song. They sat there in silence for a few minutes before Mrs Song spoke.

“You must be wondering why I asked you to come here” said Mrs Song.

“Hm” replied Baro. “I am curious.”

“As you should be” said Mrs Song.

Baro noticed that Mrs Song looked quite pale and that she was fidgeting.

“Are you okay Mrs?” asked Baro.

“Yes I’m fine” replied Mrs Song. “What made you ask?”

“You just look pale” replied Baro. “You are also fidgeting which I have never seen you do before”

“Oh I see” said Mrs Song. “I was never good at hiding my emotions”

Mrs Song sighed as she looked up at Baro.

“Thank you for your concern, but it is I that should be concerned with you.”

“Why?” asked Baro.

“Cause you are my student” replied Mrs Song. “So tell me, how is the investigation into Sandeul’s father going?”

“It has heated up and gained momentum” replied Baro. “Especially with Sandeul’s support.”

“Sandeul’s support?”

“Yeah. The police came by yesterday and he said that he wants to charge his father.” Said Baro.

“Does he understand what the means?” asked Mrs Song.

“He has been told multiple times” replied Baro. “But there seems to be some force behind his words”

“What force?”

“I don’t know” replied Baro. “But there seems to be a reason. He wouldn’t want his father hurt however it seems like he is doing it for someone else.”

“You?”

“I don’t think so” replied Baro.

“I see.” Said Mrs Song. “Anyway how is your back and arm?”

“The arm had healed miraculously.” Replied Baro. “However the back still hurts from time to time. But nowhere near as much as it used to.”

“That’s good to hear” said Mrs Song.

Mrs Song sighed again. Baro raised his eyebrows. He could tell that something was wrong.

“What’s wrong?” asked Baro.

“What?”

“What is the bad news that you want to tell me?” asked Baro. “Just tell me I can see that you need to.”

“You see” sighed Mrs Song. “Mr Kang has returned.”

“What?” replied Baro in shock. “Why?”

“They said that there wasn’t enough evidence.”

“Enough evidence” roared Baro. “There were all my bloody cuts, the belt covered in blood in his hand and all the witnesses”

“I know. That’s why I have filed an official complaint.” Replied Mrs Song. “Other teachers have joined me. I will also refuse to work here if that can get him out.”

“Don’t” interrupted Baro.

“What?”

“Don’t refuse to work here. He has more experience and therefore could win.” Replied Baro.

“But it may be the only way.”

“Don’t do it Mrs” pleaded Baro. “I may hate him. He may be the darkness amongst teachers in this school. But you’re their light. Without you there’s no good left with the teachers in this school. Do not do something so drastic unless you have other teachers, important teachers, behind you.”

Mrs Song sat there in shock.

“Please Mrs, promise me” begged Bar.