"Don't Know!"

Fostered love.

The next day Baro, Sandeul and Daehyun all sat by the football pitches discussing the music project.

“Any ideas?” asked Baro.

“Not really” replied Daehyun.

The three sat in silence as they watched on the going game of football.

“Wait can anyone play an instrument?” asked Sandeul.

“I can play guitar” said Baro.

“Woah, really!” said Sandeul. “Don’t people find guitar players y?”

Sandeul winked at Baro causing the three of them to burst out laughing.

“What about you?” asked Daehyun looking at Sandeul.

“Eh... Well I can play a bit of piano” said Sandeul.

“Daebak, that’s great news” said Baro happily.

Sandeul smiled at Baro before looking back at the football match. Their classmate had just got fouled resulting in an argument from both teams.

“Pabo” said Daehyun as he chuckled at the on-going dispute.

“Who?” asked Baro.

“Them” replied Daehyun. “I better go help sort this out before they start a fist fight.”

Daehyun stood up and walked towards the group of people arguing. Sandeul and Baro sat, still with the gap Daehyun left between them. After a minute of this Baro edged closer to Sandeul.

“How are you?” asked Baro. He picked up Sandeul’s hand and locked their fingers together.

“Okay” sighed Sandeul.

“Did he…”

“No, not last night. We were in bed when he came home” said Sandeul.

“Why don’t you tell Mrs Song.?” Asked Baro. “She’d try to help”

“That’s the problem” replied Sandeul. “She can only try, she can’t guarantee.”

“But it still is better than taken a beating simply because your dad wants to”

“He’s not in his right mind. He is always intoxicated when he does it” replied Sandeul.

“So, because he decides to get drunk does that mean you must suffer, that you must hurt. That you should fear your own father.” Said Baro.

“Stop” said Sandeul.

“Listen Mrs Song can and will help. Do you want to watch your mom get hit while you wait for your dad to hit you?”

“Shut up” replied Sandeul.

“Let us help” said Baro. “Let us help you and your mom”

“Shut up” yelled Sandeul.

Sandeul jumped to his feet, he began to cry as he looked down at the shocked Baro.

“You don’t understand, you don’t know” yelled Sandeul.

By now, students who were nearby had started to stare at the two. Baro stood up; he winced as his back started to hurt.

“Let me help you. You can trust me.” said Baro.

Sandeul started to shake his head.

“Trust me. You can tell me, you can believe in me. I don’t want to see you hurt or see you cry.” Said Baro calmly. “Please. Let me get you and your mom help”

“Shut the up” screamed Sandeul.

He turned and ran away. Baro tried to run after him, but the pain in his back caused him to fall down.

“Baro” yelled Daehyun as he rushed up the steps.

Daehyun ran to Baro and helped him up.

“Are you okay?” asked Daehyun.

“Yeah” winced Baro.

“What happened to Sandeul?” asked Daehyun.

“I’m not sure, I have an idea but I’m going to find out.” Replied Baro.

All the students around them started to talk about what had just happened. They pointed at Baro and Daehyun as they talked. Other students such as those playing football had made their way over after hearing the yells. By the time class began news of the incident had spread throughout the school and everyone in the class was talking about it as Baro walked in accompanied by Daehyun.

“Where is he?” asked Daehyun as they both looked at Sandeul’s empty seat.

“I don’t know” replied Baro.

History and Biology passed with no sign of Sandeul. As the class waited for their English teacher to arrive, Baro noticed Mrs Song walking by the class. Baro quickly got up and left the class, he ran after her ignoring the pain from his body.

“Mrs” called Baro as Mrs Song reached the stairs.

Mrs Song turned around and smiled as she seen Baro approaching.

“How’s the back?” asked Mrs Song.

“Getting better” replied Baro as he reached her.

“What can I do for you?” asked Mrs Song.

“Has Sandeul gone home?” asked Baro.

“Sandeul? Eh… not that I know of unless he left without permission.” Replied Mrs Song. “But that’s not like him. Why are you wondering? Is he not in class?”

“No, he didn’t return after lunch” replied Baro.

“Did something happen?”

“Yeah” replied Baro.

“What?” asked Mrs Song.

“Sorry miss; he wouldn’t want anyone else to know.”

“Oh, Okay. If you find him tell him that he needs to see me before the day ends.” Said Mrs Song.

“Yes Mrs” Baro went to leave.

“Baro-shi, if you need my help, you know I’m here right?”

“Yes, thanks.” Replied Baro smiling at her.

Mrs Song smiled before she left for her next class. Baro stood there for a minute thinking of places that Sandeul maybe. Without even realising, his feet carried him away from the class, up the stairs and onto the roof top. Baro walked out and breathed in the fresh air. He stretched as he looked around. Just then he spotted Sandeul asleep in the shade of the wall. Baro smiled as he looked at Sandeul.

He walked over and sat down beside Sandeul. Sandeul’s head was resting on the concrete roof; Baro lifted it up and placed it on his leg. Baro sat there, leaning against the wall as he looked down at the cute, sleeping Sandeul. Although Baro was worried and concerned for Sandeul he couldn’t help but smile as he watched the innocent Sandeul.