So?

Fostered love.

A week later Baro and Daehyun sat outside Sandeul’s room as they waited to find out whether Sandeul was able to be discharged.  The week past by quickly. Since Baro and Daehyun had to attend school they visited Sandeul before and after it. School flew by each day for Baro as he was for some unknown reason excited to see Sandeul. In fact Sandeul came to his head no matter what he did. He kept recalling their last kiss. Baro still had no clue why he kissed Sandeul, although he kept telling himself that he was just trying to calm down Sandeul he for some reason felt that there was more.

“Sure I feel happy when I see him and that my heart feels warm when he smiles, but that is just due to us being friends” Baro told himself time and time again. “I like women. I am straight”

After what felt like hours, but was little more than thirty minutes, the door opened. The doctor and nurse walked out of the room talking to one another about the next patient they had a meeting with. Baro and Daehyun quickly stood up and bowed to the doctor and nurse. The nurse stopped and acknowledged them before quickly catching up with the doctor.

“He could have at least nodded” said Daehyun in annoyance.

“Who cares” replied Baro as he quickly walked into Sandeul’s room.

Sandeul and Mrs Jung both sat expressionless. They didn’t even acknowledge Baro and Daehyun’s presence. Baro started to worry that something bad had happened.

“So” said Baro.

Mrs Jung looked at them, still with an expressionless face.

“Daehyun-shi, I hope you made the beds” smiled Mrs Jung.

Baro stood shocked as he looked at Mrs Jung. He turned to Sandeul who smiled brightly. Baro quickly hugged Sandeul.

“Thank God” exclaimed Daehyun. “I was getting sick of the hospital food”

Sandeul laughed at Daehyun. After a minute Mrs Jung and Daehyun joined in.

“When can you leave?” asked Baro as he released Sandeul.

“Just need to sign some paper work first” replied Mrs Jung.

“An hour or so” said Sandeul.

“Daebak” exclaimed Baro.

 

An hour later and the four where in Mrs Jung’s car on the way home.

“Let’s celebrate when we get back” said Daehyun as he turned to face Baro and Sandeul from the front passenger seat.

“Call” replied Baro.

“Sure” said Sandeul.

They all then turned to Mrs Jung.

“Let me think” said Mrs Jung. “How about fried chicken and coke”

“Call” said Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul automatically.

Baro and Daehyun then began to tell Sandeul about the room. After a few minutes the conversation went quiet.

“So who is in the double bed?” asked Daehyun.

“Myself and Baro, unless you want to change” replied Daehyun.

Daehyun noticing that Baro was looking out the window, winked at Sandeul who blushed slightly.

“Talk about it when you get back” said Mrs Jung. “I’m going to drop you guys off first and then get the food”

“How come? Wouldn’t it be quicker to just get the food then drop us off?” asked Daehyun

“Yoon Ae asked me to give her a lift to her friend’s house cause she’ll be staying there tonight.” Replied Mrs Jung.

“Fair enough” said Daehyun.

The four sat in silence for the rest of the journey. Within minutes they arrived at the house. Baro and Sandeul hoped out of the car and started to walk into the house. Daehyun then hoped out of the passenger seat.

”Daehyun-shi, tell Yoon Ae-ah that I’m waiting” said Mrs Jung.

“Sure” replied Daehyun.

Daehyun then walked into the house after Baro and Sandeul.

“Noona” called Daehyun. “Eomma’s in the car waiting”

“Okay” yelled Yoon Ae in response.

Baro led Sandeul to the sofa where Baro then sat down. Sandeul followed suit. Daehyun walked over and joined them.

“Wanna see the room?” asked Daehyun.

“Sure” replied Sandeul.

“Let’s go then” said Daehyun.

The three stood up and walked up the stairs with Daehyun in front and Baro at the back. They reached the room and Daehyun opened the door. They walked into the bedroom; however the room was a mess. Clothes lay torn on the ground, pillows and quilts were slashed and various other things were smashed. The floor was covered in various objects. Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul stood there in shock. They stared at the destruction site, which was once the floor of their room.

“What the happened?” said Baro.

Daehyun and Sandeul stood in shock. Baro pushed past them and slowly made his way to the closed wardrobe. He stood to the side and signalled to Daehyun and Sandeul to prepare to fight. Sandeul and Daehyun finally came to their senses and nodded in reply to Baro. Baro put his hand put and slid open the wardrobe, revealing a wardrobe that was filled with tossed clothes and broken hangers. Baro slowly turned and walked to the bathroom door. He picked up a tennis racket that lay nearby. He readied himself before quickly opening the bathroom door with a bang and rushing inside. He checked his surroundings as well as the cupboards. The bathroom still looked neat and organised. It was obvious that whoever made the mess in the bedroom didn’t enter the bathroom.  Baro walked back out into the bathroom to see Daehyun and Sandeul standing near the doorway. The room lay empty.

“Everything okay?” asked Daehyun.

Baro nodded before hoping onto his stomach. He lay on his stomach and checked under the beds. The bottom of the beds was free of people and objects.  Baro stood up and wiped his hands.

“Looks like no one is here” said Baro.

Daehyun sighed with relief.

“What a welcoming” said Sandeul.

“Yeah sorry” replied Baro.

“Sorry?” said Sandeul. “Don’t be it’s not your fault. We don’t even know who did it”

“He is right” continued Daehyun. “We can’t blame ourselves just yet.”

Daehyun smirked slightly before laughing. Baro smiled and Sandeul hit Daehyun in the head.

“Do you want to rest while we clean?” asked Baro.

Sandeul laughed this time.

“No. I’m gonna help” replied Sandeul.

“Why?” asked Baro.

“Because it could be my fault that this happened and cause I want to.” Replied Sandeul.

Daehyun hit Sandeul over the head.

“Babo” said Daehyun.

Baro and Sandeul laughed at Daehyun. The three then began to clean. They had organised the broken stuff into piles by the time Mrs Jung returned home. The three agreed to not tell her about what had happened in the room. They trudged down stairs and enjoyed themselves before going back to the room for bed. The three finished cleaning the room before they all sat down on the floor.

“So who is sleeping where?” asked Sandeul.

“Doesn’t bother me” replied Baro.

“Same here” said Daehyun.

“Okay, so no one cares” said Sandeul. “That’s useful.

“Well we can all agree that the single bed is the best” said Baro.

“Yeah” replied Sandeul and Daehyun.

“So let’s rock, paper, scissors for it” suggested Baro.

“Call” replied Sandeul.

“Same” said Daehyun.

“If you don’t put it in you lose” called Baro.

“Rock, paper, scissors” chanted the three before they showed their hands.

Baro and Sandeul both picked paper while Daehyun picked scissors.

“Hurray” cheered Daehyun.

“Woo” cheered Baro jokingly. “Bed buddies”

Baro and Sandeul high fived one another. Baro yawned just as they separated.

“Let’s go to sleep” suggested Baro.

“Sure” yawned Sandeul.

The three stood up and began to change.

“I’m gonna wash up first” said Daehyun before walking into the bathroom.

Baro fell onto the bed before falling asleep. Sandeul waited until Daehyun finished in the bathroom to use it. When he came out Daehyun was asleep in the single bed and Baro was asleep in the double bed. Sandeul smiled as he looked at the sleeping Baro. He started to blush as he recalled both of their kisses. Although he had a feeling that they didn’t mean anything to Baro, they meant everything to him. Sandeul quietly crawled into bed and lay asleep on his side. A minute later Baro suddenly rolled in bed. Baro’s arms then wrapped around Sandeul and tightly embraced him in a hug, like a child would do to his or her teddy. Sandeul couldn’t help but smile as he rested in the Warm embrace of Baro.