Fight Fight

Fostered love.

The lunch bell rang, and the students cheered as they put away their books and stood up. Friends ran to one another as laughter and talking filled the once quiet class room. The teacher left the class leaving the door wide open. The class, group by group, began to pile out of the room. Baro watched as Daehyun walked out of the class laughing at his friend whose phone rang during class, revealing his love for the boy band ‘Boyfriend’.

Baro smiled as he looked over to Sandeul, who was struggling to put his books into his bag.

“Give it” said Baro reaching out his hand for the bag.

Sandeul flinched at the sight of Baro’s hand and clung onto his bag. Baro sighed and scratched his head.

“Come on, I won’t hurt you” said Baro. He stood and put out his hand. “Give me your hand”

Sandeul looked at Baro confused. Slowly he put his hand onto Baro’s. Baro closed his hand tight and nodded his head upwards, to indicate to Sandeul to stand. Sandeul stood up cautiously. Baro smiled as he led him to the far end of the lockers, which were located behind their desks.

“Here’s your locker, just put your bag in here for now. We can come back early and sort it out if you wish”

Sandeul nodded as he freed his hand and shoved his bag into the locker.

“Come on let’s eat” said Baro.

 He walked to Sandeul’s side and put his arm around Sandeul’s shoulders. He then guided Sandeul on into the corridor which was mostly deserted by now.  Baro led Sandeul down to the large, canteen that currently housed the second year students. Some wolfed down their food at lightning speed in order to get out and play games of Basketball or Football. Baro brought Sandeul over to the food counter and picked up two trays. He handed one to Sandeul and then began to take food from the counter. Sandeul followed suit. After completely filling their trays they headed over to an empty table, which had just been deserted seconds earlier. Baro sat down and began to eat. He looked up at Sandeul, who looked unsure of where to sit.

Baro frowned at the sight of Sandeul. He grabbed Sandeul’s empty hand and pulled him down into the seat beside him.

“Hurry eat, I’ll give you a quick tour” announced Baro as he returned to his tray of food.

Sandeul nodded. He slowly began to eat his food. He smiled at Baro who was digging into his bowl of rice.

After they finished eating Baro brought Sandeul out onto the fields. He showed Sandeul the football pitches, which were covered in students playing games. Baro couldn’t help but laugh when Sandeul said that they looked like a whirlpool, as the crowd circled the player with the ball. Baro then showed him the Basketball courts, which were occupied by third years. He then guided Sandeul around the bottom floor of the school. Showing him the library, music room, PE hall, changing rooms and the gym.

After ten or so minutes of walking around the school, they found themselves on the schools roof.

“Wow” exclaimed Sandeul. “I thought students only did this in dramas”

Baro smirked. “Well I am quite dramatic”

The two laughed as they sat on top of a ventilation shaft. The two sat quietly for what seemed like a long. Baro stared blankly out at the scene of the school’s scenery and the large city that lay just beyond.

“Oh” said Sandeul suddenly.

“What?” asked Baro

“There’s ten minutes to the bell.”

“Already.” Said Baro surprised. “Suppose we better get down before a teacher finds us, also I said I’d help organise your locker”

Sandeul nodded in agreement. The two stood up and walked down to the second floor. The corridor was still relatively quiet and the classroom was like a no-man’s land. It lay untouched; there was no change to it since they left. Sandeul opened his locker and took his bag out. Baro hunkered down as he helped take Sandeul’s books out of the bag.

They began to organise the books according to subject and within that they organised them based on size. After ten minutes the school bell rang. Surprisingly the classroom still remained empty.

“Where’s everyone?” asked Sandeul.

Just then Mrs Song walked into the class.

“Oh” she exclaimed. “Where is everyone?”

Sandeul and Baro bowed slightly.

“We don’t know Mrs, we haven’t seen anyone since we left the canteen” replied Baro.

Mrs Song scratched her head. she put down her folders and books. She opened a purple folder and looked at the first page within it.

“Hm, we’re supposed to be here”

Suddenly a loud noise could be heard coming from below. Baro and Sandeul looked at each other in puzzlement before looking at a confused Mrs Song. Baro ran over to the window and threw it open.

“Fight, Fight” roared a large crowd of students from below. Baro looked back at Mrs Song who stumbled backwards and raced out of the class after finding her balance. Sandeul raced after her, leaving Baro alone. Baro ran out the opposite door, and down a separate flight of stairs. He was aware that Mrs Song was going to the staff room in order to alert some of the male teachers. Baro flew down the stairs, pushing some students out of his way. Baro raced down the marble steps at the schools entrance.

He turned right and followed the sound to his destination. After a minute he arrived at the scene. All of his class along with some of the others were gathered in a circle cheering on the fighting students. Baro noticed the girl that sits in front of Sandeul. She looked worried as she watched the unfolding events. Baro pulled her over.

“Whats going on” yelled Baro in order for her to hear him over the roaring crowd.

“It’s Daehyun. H… he pissed of some guy in the other class.”

The girl looked like she was close to tears. Baro dragged her aside.

“Mrs Song is on her way, stall her” said Baro. Before the girl could say anything else Baro had ran to the crowd and began pushing students out of his way. The girl her heels and ran towards the main entrance.

After what felt like forever Baro found himself in full view of a bloodied Daehyun. Daehyun was lying on the ground,. His uniform was torn and stained with his blood. Doojoon, a tall, mean looking boy from class 2-3 was standing over Daehyun puffing. He smiled at the state of Daehyun. He raised his hand above Daehyun’s stomach, ready to unleash his next series of strikes.

“No” yelled Baro as he ran forward and grabbed Doojoon’s arm. Doojoon looked at Baro and tried to shake away his grip. “That’s enough” announced Baro.

Doojoon smiled at Baro. He hit Baro with his other hand at full force. Baro took a step back in pain. Doojoon turned so that he was fully facing Baro. He went to punch Baro again, however this time Baro blocked it. Baro stepped forward and punched Doojoon in the stomach until Doojoon began to step back in pain. Baro then unleashed a second wave of punches onto Doojoon, primarily aiming for Doojoon’s face. Doojoon stumbled backwards. Baro then jumped up and kicked Doojoon in the temple. Doojoon was sent flying down onto his back. Doojoon lay there unconscious.

Baro automatically ran over to Daehyun. He picked up Daehyun and lifted him up. He hoisted him onto his back and began to carry him out of the crowd. After completely escaping the crowd of students Baro came face to face with Mrs Song, Sandeul, the girl from earlier and Mr Kang.

“What happened?” asked Mrs Song. Baro took Daehyun off of his shoulders and placed him standing up.

“Later” said Baro. “Sandeul help me.”

The shocked and pale Sandeul snapped into action. He grabbed Daehyun’s other arm and put it around his neck. The two then brought Daehyun to the nurse’s office, leaving behind a confused and shocked Mrs Song as she tried to put together the puzzles left behind in order to figure out what happened.