New beginning

Fostered love.

Baro walked into the teacher’s room. The teachers all sat around, some looked dead as they franticly searched for various books, folders and equipment for their classes. Baro noticed three female teachers who were laughing while gossiping to one another. After another quick search of the room, he came to the conclusion that they were his best shot at finding out what it is that he needs to do.

Just as he made up his mind to ask them one of the teachers suddenly turned around and saw him. She smiled and walked over to him. She was the youngest of the three women. She looked only 25 or 26 years old. She had long black hair that was cut just below her shoulders. She wore minimal make up and was wearing a long red, dress that ended just below her knees. It had a slight cut at the side in other to allow her to easily move her legs or bind down. She smiled at him as she stopped in front of him.

Realising that she was now in front of him, Baro quickly bowed.

“Hello my name is Baro, I just transferred here” announced Baro.

“Hello Baro” replied the teacher. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Mrs Song. If you follow me im sure I can sort you out.”

Baro nodded in agreement. She led him to her desk which was positioned three desks from the door. Her desk was tidy. Everything had a place. Her books where organised by subject, and in that by height. Her folders were placed in a little opening in the desk, were presumably a drawer once occupied. She sat down at her desk and took out a pink folder. The folder contained lists of students and classes.

“What year are you in Baro?” asked Mrs Song.

“Eh. Second.” replied Baro.

“Let me see” said Mrs Song. She flicked through her folder stopping suddenly on a page that read ‘List of first year students’. “Baro, Baro”. She ran her finger down the list of names. “Ah here you are”. She stopped her finger on a name. ”Cha Baro. You are in class A”

“Thank you” said Baro bowing.

“Looks like I’m going to be your home room teacher” announced Mrs Song.

“Oh.” Replied Baro. “Please look after me”

“To cute!” said Mrs Song as she stood up. She pinched his cheeks and then picked up her bag and books.

“Would you mind carrying my books and folders for me?” asked Mrs Song.

“Sure” replied Baro. He took the books and folders off her and let her pass. He followed her as she led him out of the noisy staff room and down the corridor. They passed some students who were rushing to their class in order to avoid being late. She led him up a staircase and down another series of corridors. His class room was the last room on the second floor. It was by the stairs that went down to the entrance or up towards the senior classes.

Mrs Song opened the door and walked in first, leaving Baro to follow her. The class was filled with boys and girls who were eagerly catching up after the Christmas break. Mrs Song indicated for Baro to leave her stuff on her desk. He placed the books and folders neatly onto the desk before standing beside Mrs Song.

“Quiet” yelled Mrs Song as she banged her wooden podium into the ground. The class room filled with silence as students quickly sat down and looked up at the teacher.

“Attention” said a tall, thin boy who was wearing glasses. He sat beside Daehyun at the front of the class. The students all waited for his command. “Bow”. In unison the class bowed.

“Now then, my name is Mrs Song; I will be your home room teacher for the year”

Immediately the class started celebrating their new home room teacher. Mrs Song smiled at their response.

“I know that it’ll be hard to beat Mr Kang, when it comes to being the best home room teacher. Therefore I hope we can still get along.”

A chorus of “Yes” came from the students.

“Now then, we have a new transfer student today. His name is Cha Baro, he has transferred here from Busan so be good to him.”

“Yes” replied the class.

“Now then Baro, I suppose you can sit at the back there behind Ji Hoon.”

Baro nodded before walking to his seat. Some of the students watched him as he walked to the back of the class. Baro sat down and looked up at the teacher. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Daehyun, looking at him smiling. Baro smiled back before quickly changing his gaze to the teacher.

“Now then, Daehyun-ah, can you please hand out the timetable to the class?” asked Mrs Song.

“Yes” answered Daehyun as he smiled and took the timetables from her. He walked up and down the class handing out the timetable. He came to Baro last. By now, all the students were chatting to each other.

“Hey” said Daehyun as he handed Baro his timetable.

“Hey” replied Baro taking the timetable. “Have you told anyone yet?” asked Baro

“What that my parents adopted you?” asked Daehyun. “No, and I don’t plan to.”

“Oh” said Baro looking down at his timetable.

“That is your decision”

Baro looked up. “What?”

“If you want them to know then you tell them, if not then you won’t have to worry about me telling them”

“Thanks” replied Baro.

“No problem” said Daehyun. He winked at Baro before walking back to his seat. The bell rang then and Mrs Song said goodbye to the class before leaving.

Baro sat on his own, smiling.

“Think is going to be fun” said Baro "A new beginning"