This Time is Over.

Fostered love.

Baro paced the bed room floor as Daehyun and Sandeul sat on their beds.

“What should we do?” asked Daehyun.

“Hurry up and write a song” replied Baro.

Daehyun looked up at him.

“No I was talking about Mr Kang.” Said Daehyun.

“He is the least of our worries” replied Baro. “We need to pass the test.”

“Why shouldn’t we be worried about Mr Kang?” asked Sandeul.

“No.” replied Baro.

“Why not?” asked Daehyun.

“Cause he won’t do anything with everyone watching his every step” replied Baro. “Mrs Song and other teachers are keeping a close eye on him”

“So” said Sandeul.

“So we let them watch him while we pass the exam and show him that we don’t care.” Replied Baro.

“But he’ll still be a threat” pointed out Daehyun.

“Maybe but nothing would give him as much satisfaction as us failing” replied Baro. “By passing it makes it look like we have forgotten about him.”

Daehyun and Sandeul fell silent. They both thought of counter arguments; however they knew that it was pointless as Baro was determined to forget about Mr Kang and to pass the test. After a minute Baro began to pace the room once again. He paced for about two minutes before finally stopping. He quickly picked up his guitar from the corner and sat down at his desk. Sandeul and Daehyun stared at him in curiosity.

“Quickly” said Baro. “Write down what I call out.”

Baro began to strum while changing between various chords.

“Bbm, Fm, Bbm, Fm” called Baro. “Fm, Em. Ebm, Fm, Ebm, Fm.”

Baro paused for a second.

“Got that?” asked Baro.

“Yeah” replied Sandeul who had picked up a pen and a notepad from Daehyun’s desk.

“Cool” said Baro.

Baro began to play the guitar again before talking.

“I’m thinking we then go Bm, F#m, Bm, F#m, Em, F#m, Em, F#m.” announced Baro.

Sandeul finished writing out the chords that Baro had called. He waited a few minutes before putting the notepad down.

“What’s this for?” asked Daehyun.

“A song” replied Baro.

“Is Appa home?” asked Baro.

“No he’ll be at work for the rest of the day and he then has to go to a corporate dinner tonight.” Replied Daehyun. “Why?”

“Cause I need to use the piano” replied Baro.

Baro grabbed his laptop from the bed. He then picked up his school bag and headed for the door.

“What are you gonna do?” asked Sandeul.

“Write a song for us” replied Baro. “You two do my homework”

Baro quickly left the room and closed the door behind him before Sandeul and Daehyun could protest.

“Aish” sighed Daehyun. “The amount of homework he has”

“At least the song will be sorted” said Sandeul.

“Through” said Daehyun.

 

Baro ended up staying up late that night writing the song. Sandeul who had attempted to wait for him, fell asleep at three in the morning with no sign of Baro. However he knew that Baro had gotten to bed by six in the morning as he woke up with the urge to pee, when he realised that Baro was sleeping beside him. Due to tiredness Baro hadn’t changed out of his clothes and lay on top of the quilt, in an attempt to not wake up the sleeping Sandeul.

When Sandeul returned from the bathroom, he took his part of the blanket and put it over Baro. He then stared longingly at the sleeping Baro before lying down beside him. He then turned and kissed Baro on the cheeks. Sandeul softly pressed his lips against Baro’s. Although Baro slept through it all Sandeul felt as if he had kissed him back. After a minute Sandeul leaned back out and lay staring at the sleeping Baro. He then fell back asleep with a smile on his face.

Later that morning they all awoke to the sound of Mrs Jung calling them.

“Wake up” called Mrs Jung from downstairs.

Baro woke up with a jump. He lay there for a few minutes in a lifeless state, he was unaware of the blanket that covered him and that Sandeul had gone for a shower. Finally Baro came to his senses. He stared at the blanket in confusion, unaware of how it managed to find its way to him. Baro sat up still confused. He looked up to see Sandeul walking out of the bathroom. Daehyun then went in to take a shower. Sandeul’s hair was soaking wet. His stomach glistened from the droplets of water that coated it.

He wore only a towel which was slightly small and tight. Baro’s throat went dry as he noticed the outline of Sandeul’s member. He was shocked at the size of it. Despite being in the bathroom with Sandeul on countless occasions he realised that Sandeul always had something blocking , whereas when Baro was he was for all to see. Baro’s cheeks turned slightly red as Sandeul bent down to take socks out of a drawer. Baro found himself going hard as he craved to just grab Sandeul.

Suddenly he hit himself in the face. Luckily Sandeul didn’t hear it over the sound of the drawer closing. Baro put his hand to his face in pain. He rubbed it lightly.

‘Babo’ thought Baro. ‘How can you think such exotic things about Sandeul? A guy’

Baro stood up and walked over to Sandeul he then went and gave Sandeul a back hug. Sandeul froze in place.

“Thanks” said Baro.

“For what?” asked Sandeul.

“For taking care of me when I fell asleep last night” replied Baro.

Baro kept his distance slightly as he was afraid of Sandeul noticing his hard member.

 

Finally the day of the music test had arrived. The whole class was nervous that day. Music was last two classes and they all wanted to just get it over with. Arguments were abundant that morning as team members quarrelled over the slightest things. Baro, Sandeul and Daehyun however couldn’t have felt any more calm. Despite their lack of practice they were confident with their abilities, with Baro’s song and with their performance. Despite the complex composition and vocals they had managed to get it all perfect on their second try and never made a mistake since.

“Remember have fun and don’t worry too much” advised Mrs Song that morning. “You all will do well. And there is supposedly a special judge”

“Who?” asked one of the female students.

“I don’t know” replied Mrs Song. “The teacher’s identity has been kept secret.”

Baro smirked as he realised that he never gave Mrs Song enough credit. Despite her obvious faults she knew how to get rid of people’s nerves and that was by given them a distraction.

By the time their music class had arrived all of the students felt extremely nervous. They all waited impatiently outside the music room. Even Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul had gotten nervous.

“Remember” said Baro. “If you mess up keep going, don’t stop and if necessary come up with your own lyrics”

“Yeah” replied Daehyun and Sandeul with a smile.

Sandeul couldn’t help but smile. He was happy that he had Baro with him. If it wasn’t for Baro’s confidence and advice he knew that he would be a huge mess.

After five minutes the teacher finally arrived.

“Sorry I’m late” apologised Mr Choi. “When you come in check the schedule that is on your desk. It will have your group’s time of performance. If you need to do so you may practice in the piano room however if you are not on time for your performance then you will automatically fail”

Mr Choi had only just unlocked the door by the time he had finished his speech. He calmly walked down the stairs to his desk. Students rushed to their desks in anticipation. Some hoping to be one of the first in order to get it out of the way, whereas others hoped that they’d be last in order to practice. Disappointment could be seen etched on the faces of the groups who got a time that they didn’t want.

“You have to stay at school for the rest of the day whether your team goes first or not.” Announced Mr Choi. “We will begin when a special judge arrives”

Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul calmly walked to their desks. Once they arrived Baro checked the schedule for them.

“Well?” asked Daehyun.

“What place are we?” asked Sandeul.

“We’re last” announced Baro with a smile.

“What?” said Daehyun and Sandeul together.

They both snatched their schedules from their desks and checked with their own eyes.

“You all must be here for the last performance” announced Mr Choi. “You will lose 20% if you are not here. You also can’t leave if you aren’t here.”

Baro led Sandeul and Daehyun out of the room in order to practice more. An hour flew past as they practiced diligently, picking up on the slightest mistake. They practiced in a room away from the others in order to not be distracted. After an hour they agreed to go for some fresh air. Daehyun went on his own to the bathroom while Baro and Sandeul visited the roof.

The two sat there in silence staring out at the sky. After half an hour Baro snapped back to reality.

“Where’s Daehyun?” asked Baro.

“The toilet” replied Sandeul.

“For half an hour?” asked Baro.

“What has it been that long?” asked Sandeul. “Daebak”

“He said he was gonna follow us didn’t he?” asked Baro.

“Hm” replied Sandeul. “Should we go find him?”

“Sure” replied Baro.

The two left the rooftop, they agreed to check the third and second floor separately and to meet on the first floor. After ten minutes of nothingness Baro finally found Sandeul waiting at the main door as they arranged.

“Anything?” asked Baro.

“No” replied Sandeul. “No one has seen him. Maybe we should search separately again”

“How long do we have left?” asked Baro.

“Eh, fifteen minutes” replied Sandeul.

“Okay meet in the class in ten minutes” said Baro.

“Call” replied Sandeul as he hurried off.

Sandeul ran down various corridors that were filled with occupied classrooms. After five minutes Sandeul decided to check the bathroom near the music room. He opened the door to hear the sound of someone sobbing. Sandeul entered as he wondered who was crying. He walked along the aisle of stalls until he reached the last one that was occupied. Sandeul could tell that the crying was coming from this stall. He knocked lightly on the door.

“Are you okay?” asked Sandeul.

“Sandeul-ah” replied the voice.

Sandeul froze at the sound of the familiar voice.

“Daehyun-ah”

The door unlocked and opened revealing a red eyed, crying Daehyun. Sandeul quickly embraced Daehyun.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sandeul.

“He hates me. He hates my type of people and told me that he’d kill me if I talk to him again” sobbed Daehyun.

“Who?” asked Sandeul.

“D… D…” stuttered Daehyun.

“Doojoon?” asked Sandeul.

Daehyun cried slightly louder. Sandeul rubbed his back in comfort. He made soothing noises in order to comfort Daehyun.

“Listen” said Sandeul putting Daehyun’s face in front of his own. “He is the one who is missing out. He’s making a huge mistake. Anyone would be lucky to have you”

“I’m such an idiot” cried Daehyun. “I keep going after the most stupid people”

“Listen the heart wants what the heart wants. You are not stupid for loving the person your heart longs for.” Replied Sandeul. “And listen, we are gonna go out sing the song and you can direct it towards Doojoon as he will no longer control or have access to your heart. Okay?”

Daehyun nodded.

“Let’s quickly get you cleaned up” said Sandeul.

 

Five minutes later they walked into the music room. Baro was nervously waiting at their desk. He smiled at the sight of them approaching. The team that went before them stood at the front of the class after finishing their performance. Students had just finished their clapping as Daehyun and Sandeul took their seats beside Baro.

“Are you okay?” asked Baro as he noticed Daehyun’s red eyes.

Daehyun nodded.

“Who’s the guest judge?” asked Sandeul.

“Don’t know his head is turned away from us” replied Baro.

“Next up we have the last group” announced Mr Choi. “We have Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul”

The class clapped as Baro lead Sandeul and Daehyun down the steps and onto the stage. They picked up their microphones and turned to face the judges. They all froze as they looked at the guest judge. Beside Mr Choi sat Mr Kang. Mr Kang smiled at them wickedly. Baro could tell that he would do anything to deduct marks from them.

“Will you be okay?” whispered Sandeul.

Baro nodded in response.

“Is everything okay?” asked Mr Choi looking at Baro.

“Yeah. Everything’s fine sir” replied Baro bowing to them.

‘Looks like I’ll have to ignore him in order to prove that I’m over the incident’ thought Baro.

“What’s the name of the song?” asked Mr Choi.

“Time is over” replied Daehyun.

“And who wrote it?” asked Mr Kang.

“I did” replied Baro.

“I’ll anticipate it then” said Mr Kang.

“I hope you do” replied Baro.

The three of them stood there as the music began to play.

“If I forget you I feel like everything will end” sung Sandeul. “Wake me up from this tiring dream.”

“I love you and I need you I think I’m going to go crazy because I miss you.” Sung Daehyun.

“This time is over. Why are you leaving me? I loved you more than my life; I’m still trapped in that love. Calling out to you crazily while only looking for you” sung all of them.

“Even though I know that I can’t see you anymore. To the pain that isn’t enough, I ask if this is love. Like the thick fog in the morning, an image of you is blurred. No, it continually gets erased. Will tears form, will wounds heal, these habitual hurts. That spot you left from, I leave that empty spot empty for you to return.” Rapped Baro.

“The music sound is lingering in my ears. It hurts because it feels like my heart all over.” Sung Daehyun.

“Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. My bad lying that’s mixed with tears.” Sung Sandeul.

“This time is over. Why are you leaving me? I loved you more than my life. I’m still trapped in that love. Calling out to you crazily while only looking for you. Come back to me” sung the three of them.

“This time is over. This love is over. This time is over.” Sang Baro.

“Calling out, calling out to you” sung Sandeul.

“I get tired from crying as another day passes.” Sung Daehyun.

“This time is over. Time is ticking. And as if it stopped, rain comes from the sky. Time is over. I’m blind to love, I’m still living under cover in you” rapped Baro.

“Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.” Sung Daehyun.

“Baby to my heart.” Sung Baro.

“Goodbye, goodbye (my love)” sung Sandeul.

“Your message left on the phone. Your last voice that was on the verge of tears.” Sung Daehyun.

“I love you, I’m sorry too. Why do you make me hurt more with words like that?” sung Sandeul.

“This time is over. I want to stop this tiring longing now. I’m going to try and live no matter what. Even if I say this to myself thousands of times. It’s not really working well” sung all of them. “Don’t think that I’m going to cling onto you. Because I’m going to live between life and death and forget you. Even if I’m sometimes shaken a bit by memories of you. Watch me, I’ll definitely show you that I’ll forget you

“It’s over” said Baro.

They finished their song to a standing ovation. The class all cheered and stood on their feet. Mr Choi stood smiling proudly at them as he clapped. Mr Kang however was no longer smiling, but was frowning as he looked down at the desk. His lips were moving and Baro assumed that he was cursing.

 

 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. You should also listen to the song "This time is Over" by B1A4 while reading the english lyrics. It's quite fun signing along that way, especially Baro's raps. Anyway i used it as it's my favourite song of theirs. I also thought that it might fit Daehyun's situation. Anyway i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, i sure did. :)