ed up Bastard.

Fostered love.

Baro sat outside the nurse’s office alone. His shirt was covered in Daehyun’s blood. Baro sat there impatiently and nervously as he waited for Mrs Song and the nurse to come out. Suddenly the door slid open and Mrs Song walked out. She was accompanied by the school’s thirty year, beautiful, long haired nurse. The two looked at Baro as he stood up.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” asked Mrs Song.

“Hm” replied Baro. “How is Daehyun-ah?”

“He’ll survive” answered the nurse smiling at Baro.

The nurse seemed to have a way of making people reassured and relaxed whenever she smiled. Baro sighed with relief and bowed in gratitude.

“You can go and see him, but be quiet he is sleeping” said Mrs Song.

Baro bowed in reply. Mrs Song and the nurse turned around and began to walk down the empty corridor.

“Oh Baro-shi” called Mrs Song as she turned around.

Baro looked up at her.

“Come to class within the next ten minutes. I need to have a word with you.”

“Yes” replied Baro. He bowed to Mrs Song as she turned away and continued to walk up the corridor. Baro turned and walked into the nurses office, closing the door behind him. He quietly walked across the office to where Daehyun lay asleep on a bed. Daehyun’s face was covered in bruises and cuts. His lip was cut and his right eye was swollen.

Baro sighed as he looked down at Daehyun. His arms were cut and a large bandage was wrapped around his right hand. Baro saw sweat begin to roll down Daehyun’s forehead. Baro reached out a concerned hand and checked his temperature. Daehyun’s head was roasting. Shocked at the heat Baro pulled his hand back as if he had been burned.

Baro looked around the room and saw Daehyun’s trousers, which were torn and bloodied, lying on the press beside the bed. Baro then noticed that Daehyun’s legs near his ankles where uncovered. Baro sighed. Just as he went to cover Daehyun’s legs with the blanket, Daehyun turned causing more of the blanket to be displaced.

Baro could now see the bruised and bloodied knees of Daehyun. He noticed that Daehyun’s left knee was  badly cut to the point that bone was visible. Baro winced at the thought of the pain. He stood up and picked up the edges of the displaced blanket. Baro could see the small hairs that lined Daehyun’s legs as he bent down to rearrange the blanket. After fixing the blanket Baro sat down on the stool again.

He picked up Daehyun’s right hand and put it between both of his.

“Why where you fighting?” whispered Baro.

After a minute or two Baro put Daehyun’s hand down again. He looked at the injured Daehyun. He looked at Daehyun’s messed up hair that still had some of the style to it. Baro smirked at the sight. Baro stared at Daehyun as he thought of how the messy hair still suited Daehyun. He put out his hand and moved a part of Daehyun’s fringe back to its usual place. Baro overcome with some unusual feeling, leaned in and to kiss Daehyun’s forehead.  Just before Baro’s lips reached their destination, Daehyun shifted. Suddenly, before Baro could stop, his lips met Daehyun. Baro froze in shock as his lips pressed against Daehyun. Suddenly Daehyun kissed back. Baro found himself suddenly kissing back. Baro pulled out in shock. He looked at Daehyun who was still sleeping.

“Did I just imagine that?” asked Baro as he watched the sleeping Daehyun.

Baro shock his head and turned around. He left the nurses office before he could do anything else.

“It was an accident, he was sleeping. You imagined it” said Baro, reassuring himself that the incident didn’t happen. “You like girls”

Baro stopped outside the classroom. He looked through the window in the door. He could see some of the students whispering to one another. He also saw Sandeul who sat alone, looking nervous and agitated. At the top of the class stood Mrs Song. Baro could hear her attempting to teach the class. However he and all the class could tell that the fight was the only thing on her mind. Baro sighed. Knowing that he would have to enter at some stage he decided to get it over with. He slid open the door and walked in, closing the door behind him.

The class all turned to look at him. Baro turned and faced Mrs Song who had put down the book that she was holding. Baro bowed to Mrs Song.

“Sorry I’m late Mrs” said Baro straightening his back.

Mrs Song smiled at him.

“That’s okay, take your seat.” Replied Mrs Song.

Baro bowed and walked past his staring classmates and sat down beside Sandeul who looked relieved at Baro’s appearance.

“Is he okay?” asked Sandeul after Baro had taken his seat.

“Other than some cuts and bruises he seems to be so. The nurse didn’t say that anything was serious.” Replied Baro.

“That’s good.”

Sandeul kept staring at Baro as Baro took out his books.

“What’s wrong?” asked Baro as Sandeul kept watching him.

“Do you like Daehyun?” asked Sandeul.

“What?” replied Baro, shocked at Sandeul’s question.

“Do you?”

“Hell no” replied Baro. “Why the hell did you ask?”

“Just, you seemed very concerned for someone you don’t hang out with.” Replied Sandeul.

“Oh” said Baro. “Well I don’t like him”

“Okay, I’ll believe you” replied Sandeul.

Sandeul returned back to his books leaving Baro confused, as he wondered why Sandeul would ask such a question.

After class Mrs Song asked Baro to meet her in the conference room. Baro sat in the room as he waited for Mrs Song to arrive. The room was fairly small. He housed a table that could fit six people. As you walked in a bookshelf stood to your right. Other than that the room lay empty, yet it seemed quite full due to its size. After a minute, Mrs Song walked into the room accompanied by Mr Kang.

“Hello” said Mrs Song as she took her seat opposite Baro. Baro stood up and bowed to the two teachers before sitting back down again. Baro looked at Mr Kang. He was a medium height, chubby, grey haired fifty year old man. He held a fierce presence as he sat to the right of Mrs Song.

“Baro this is Mr Kang, he’s the class tutor of 2-3, where Doojoon’s from.” Said Mrs Song.

Baro bowed to Mr Kang. Mr Kang continued to look at Baro with his fierce gaze. Mrs Song noticed Mr Kang’s fierce gaze and decided to quickly continue.

“Now Baro, you aren’t in trouble, we just want to know what happened”

“The hell he is” exploded Mr Kang.

“What do you mean?” asked Mrs Song as she looked at Mr Kang in shock.

“He attacked one of my students, not in self-defence, he plainly assaulted him.” Yelled Mr Kang.

“Please sit and listen to what Baro has to say” begged Mrs Song as she tried to get the furious Mr Kang to sit down again.

“You deserve more than expulsion. The police should hear of what you have done. You have sent him to the hospital from your vicious assault” yelled Mr Kang.

“My vicious assault” said Baro standing up. Both Baro and Mr Kang stood at the same height. “I did ing nothing wrong. I defended a defenceless person as your ed up student beat the crap out of him”

“My ed up student” roared Mr Kang. “You’re the ed up student”

“What?” replied Baro as his anger began to rise.

“Yeah, you’re the one whose parents abandoned. You’re the ed up bastard.”

“Mr Kang” shrieked Mrs Song.

Baro froze; he stared at Mr Kang in shock. He stared surprised that someone knew his story. He felt his anger rise as he took in the words. He turned around, pushing his chair over and stormed out of the room.

“Baro-shi” yelled Mrs Song who frantically followed.

Baro could hear her run towards him as her high hells knocked against the ground.

“Baro-shi” yelled Mrs Song again. This time she had caught up with him. She grabbed his hand and spun him around. She looked at Baro who was trying to hold back both his anger and tears. “He didn’t mean it”

“The hell I did” said Mr Kang who walked towards them. “Unlike Mrs Song here, I see students for who they are, not what I want them to be.”

Mr Kang pushed Mrs Song out of the way.

“And you are a vicious, ed up, bastard” yelled Mr Kang.

Baro continued to look at him. He was unaware that they were outside his class, who heard the commotion and ran to the doors to watch the on-going scene. Baro continued to hold back his tears.

“You’re whole family were probably as ed up as you before they burned themselves to death to escape you”

“you bastard” roared Baro, before he could stop himself.

“What did you just say, you gay bastard”

Mr Kang raised his hand and slapped Baro full force on the face. Baro turned his head from the impact. With all of his anger. Baro turned back to Mr Kang and punched him full force in the face. Mr Kang fell onto his back, surprised by Baro’s attack. Baro stood there looking at the scene as he huffed and puffed. The students all stood watching the two in silence. Mrs Song however reacted and went to see if Mr Kang was okay.

After what felt like a minute, the adrenaline left Baro and realisation struck. Baro watched Mr Kang who lay on the ground. Baro turned pale, he felt like he was going to puke. He turned, pushed through the crowd of students and ran down the corridor. The tears that he had held back started to stream down his face. He raced down the stairs and out the main entrance. He finally stopped when he reached the main gate. Baro sat down in between two bushes and cried to his hearts content