Wake up

Fostered love.

 

Baro, Daehyun and Sandeul were the last to leave the class. They were smiling brightly after being told that they passed with the highest marks. Baro was even more pleased by Mr Kang’s sour expression, which he had ever since they finished performing. They walked out and were followed by Mr Kang and Mr Choi.

“That was great” said Mr Choi for the umpteenth time. “I am seriously looking forward to your next performance”

“Thanks” replied Daehyun smiling brightly.

The three of them were already getting annoyed by all the attention. They had finished their performance five minutes before the bell but ended up leaving the class twenty minutes late due to everyone wanting to talk with them. Sandeul was frustrated as he wanted to go get ramhyun and he was now starving.

Although Daehyun also found all the attention a bit excessive, he couldn’t help but smile by everyone saying that he should become a singer. He had never felt so confident in his singing ability and he now wanted to at least audition for an entertainment company.

“Baro I need to talk to you” announced Mr Kang as the three students began to walk off.

They all froze and turned to face him in shock. Mr Choi also stood there in shock.

“Are you should it is necessary?” asked Mr Choi.

“Yes it is” replied Mr Kang curtly.  “Baro-shi will you follow me?”

Baro hesitated before nodding. He knew that he didn’t have a choice and decided to just follow him.

“Do you need me to go with you?” asked Sandeul as he grabbed his elbow stopping him from advancing.

“No. I will be fine” replied Baro. “He won’t do anything. Wait for me at the main entrance. I won’t be long.”

Daehyun and Sandeul nodded. Baro walked forward. Mr Choi looked anxious but nodded for Baro to follow Mr Kang. Baro bowed to Mr Choi before racing after Mr kang. Mr Kang had already reached the end of the corridor and was half way down a new one by the time Baro caught up. The two walked in silence as Mr Kang opened the door of an empty class room. He walked in and was followed by Baro. Mr Kang stood looking out the window in silence for a minute.

“What is it that you want to talk to me about?” asked Baro. “I have to be somewhere.”

“Letting your little victory go to your head” replied Mr Kang.

“No, but you’re letting your defeat go to your head” stated Baro coolly.

Mr Kang chuckled at Baro’s response.

“Just because Mrs Song is on your side does not mean that you have won.” Said Mr Kang. “You may have one ally but I have more than you could ever imagine.”

Baro burst out laughing.

“It’s childish how you consider yourself to be at war with me.” laughed Baro.

“What?”

“You see, we are at different levels. My level is one that you will never reach. You will never be my enemy cause you aren’t worth the effort. Saying your name is a waste of my breath” replied Baro.

“What did you just say you bastard” yelled Mr Kang.

Baro approached him.

“I called you a weak spineless git” replied Baro as he stood face to face with Mr Kang. “You are a waste of space, of air and of life.”

Mr Kang started to shake in anger. His face turned red and his eyes burned with hatred.

“What did you just call me” screamed Mr Kang.

“A weak, spineless git” replied Baro with a smile.

Mr Kang lost all control and jumped on Baro. He knocked Baro into a desk. They both fell to the floor in their fight. Baro’s head hit the corner of the desk. He fell in pain. He clutched his head as a pain struck through his head. He yelled out in pain. Just then a scream caused Mr Kang to stop his attack.

“Mr Kang” roared Mrs Song.

“Get the off of my student now” screamed Mrs Song.

Mr kang clambered off of Baro. Mrs Song ran over to Baro. She looked at him in worry, which was a fierce contrast to the look of disgust that she gave Mr Kang. She helped Baro up onto his feet. Baro steadied himself using a desk before allowing Mrs Song to guide him out of the class room.

“Are you alright?” asked Mrs Song.

“Hm” replied Baro. “I just have a headache”

“What happened in there?” asked Mrs Song.

“We were talking and he wasn’t happy with my point of view” replied Baro.

“So he attacked you.”

Baro nodded in response.  Mrs Song walked him to the front door where Daehyun, Sandeul and the girl that sits in front of Sandeul all stood.

“Baro this is Eunjung” introduced Mrs Song. “You are in the same class but I don’t think you are acquainted.”

“Hello” said Baro bowing.

Eunjung bowed back to him. Mrs Song smiled at them.

“Baro your grades are behind so I asked Eunjung to give you some help” said Mrs Song.

“Oh” exclaimed Baro.

“I hope you get along. Meet up with her within the next two days to begin your studying. I expect you two to meet often” said Mrs Song. “Now I must go. I have a lot that I must do now. Oh and Baro don’t exert yourself.”

Mrs Song smiled before walking off. The four students bowed to her as she walked off.

“So when would you like to begin?” asked Baro.

“Well I have piano lessons tomorrow night so would tonight be okay?” asked Eunjung.

“Sure” replied Baro with a smile.

“Cool. Here’s my number” said Eunjung handing Baro a piece of paper. “Text me later telling me a time and place”

“Sure” said Baro taking the piece of paper from her.

“I have to go” said Eunjung.

“Anyeong” said Eunjung.

Eunjung waved as she walked down the steps towards the car park.

“Looks like someone has a date” said Sandeul.

“It’s not a date” replied Baro.

“Come on let’s go get some ramhyun” said Daehyun as he pushed Sandeul down the steps.

 

Baro waited outside the local library for ten minutes that night. He was wearing a heavy coat as the weather had turned severely cold.  As he waited he listened to “Remember” by B1A4. Although he wasn’t a huge fan of boy bands Sandeul had managed to get him into their music. After ten minutes a flustered Eunjung arrived. Her cheeks were bright red from the cold. She wore a mini skirt and a thin coat.

“Let’s go in” said Baro the moment she arrived.

She nodded in response unable to speak. Baro opened the door for her and followed her in. They walked up the stairs and sat down on the second floor at one of the desks.

“Sorry I’m late” announced Eunjung.

Her teeth clattered against one another as she spoke. Baro noticed that her hands were bright red. He took off his gloves and gave them to her. She smiled at him and gladly accepted them.

“Thank you” said Eunjung.

“No problem.” Replied Baro. “Anyway what should we start first?”

Eunjung sat still thinking in silence for a few seconds.

“I say we should start with Maths as you have missed quite a bit” replied Eunjung after much consideration.

The two sat there revising Maths, English and History for over two hours without a break. Baro was shocked by how good of a teacher Eunjung was. He somehow found himself understanding her explanations and her instructions. Eunjung was also shocked at how easy Baro found everything when she considered how he usually was when asked a question in class.

After two hours Baro’s stomach started to rumble. He sat through ten more minutes of history before interrupting.

“Sorry, but I’m starving” said Baro. “Can we get some food?”

“Sure” replied Eunjung with a smile.

They packed up their things before leaving the library.

“What should we eat?” asked Baro.

“I don’t know” replied Eunjung. “Tteokbokki?”

Baro noticed the vendor that Eunjung pointed towards. The lights radiated from it and the covered seating area appeared to be warm with its heaters. The smell of tteokbokki got stronger as they walked closer to it. Baro found himself drooling by the time they reached the tent. The ahjussi was hard at work when they arrived. She smiled at them as they approached her.

“Two tteokbokki and cokes please” said Baro.

“Sure” replied the ahjussi. “Are you two dating?”

“No” replied Baro and Eunjung simultaneously.

“We’re just class mates” continued Baro.

“Yeah I was helping him study” said Eunjung.

“Why do you need help?” asked the ahjussi as she began to pack up their stuff.

“I fell behind due to injuries and personal matters” replied Baro.

“I see” said the ahjussi. “That’ll be 7000 won”

Baro paid the ahjussi and bided her farewell before they left. They wandered for a bit slowly eating their food. They soaked in the night life of the area and its lights. After five minutes they stopped at a bench in a park.

“So how come you offered to help me?” asked Baro.

Eunjung sighed.

“Well Mrs Song asked if I would so I suppose that was one reason. Another being that I kinda like you.” Replied Eunjung blushing.

“I see” said Baro.

They both continued to eat their tteokbokki in silence. Eventually Baro broke the silence.

“Is that what you wanted to tell me that day?” asked Baro.

“Partly” replied Eunjung.

Baro sighed.

“I’m sorry” said Baro.

“For what?” asked Eunjung.

“For running off on you when you wanted to tell me.” said Baro.

“No don’t be, Sandeul had woken up I fully understand.” Replied Eunjung.

“I’m also sorry that I can’t return your feelings” said Baro.

Eunjung nodded.

“I know, I just had to tell you.” Said Eunjung. “Can I ask you one thing?”

“Sure” replied Baro.

“Is it Sandeul?”

“Is what Sandeul?” asked Baro.

“The person you love.”

“Hm” replied Baro.

“Then I suppose I should quickly tell you” said Eunjung.

“Tell me what?” asked Baro.

“That Doojoon is my brother” said Eunjung. “And he plans to hurt Sandeul in order to get revenge on you”

“What?” said Baro standing up. “Where is he?”

“I don’t know?” replied Eunjung. “Mian”

Baro gave her one last look before turning around and sprinting off. He picked up his phone and rang Sandeul. After a few rings Sandeul answered the phone.

“Sandeul where are you?” asked Baro.

“Where at the music store” replied Sandeul.

“We?”

“Yeah me and Daehyun.” Replied Sandeul. “Is everything okay?”

“Listen don’t”

Suddenly the call ended. Baro looked at the phone and seen that it had died.

“” cursed Baro as he turned right towards the music shop.

Baro sprinted down the path; he reached the end of the path and was blocked off by cars driving by. He could see Sandeul and Daehyun half way across the road.

“Sandeul-ah” yelled Baro with relief.

Sandeul turned and seen Baro. He smiled and waved happily at him. Daehyun walked across the road and turned to face them. Baro smiled with relief.

“Sandeul-ah” yelled Daehyun.

Suddenly Baro saw the lights of a car that was speeding down the road towards Sandeul. Baro rushed out onto the road. He avoided the cars and reached Sandeul. The car was feet from them. Baro pushed Sandeul as hard as he could. Baro came to a halt. All he could see was the head lights of the car and its red paint. The last things he heard was Daehyun screaming and the sound of tyres skidding. Suddenly Baro was lifted off his feet as the car hit him with speed. Baro fly onto the bonnet, het hit the windscreen and then rolled over the roof before crashing onto the ground as the car came to a halt meters from where Baro had stood. Baro lay broken on the ground. His eyes were open but he couldn’t see. His ears were fine but yet he couldn’t hear.

Sandeul lay on the ground with tears in his eyes. He looked up to see Baro’s body on the ground. He stumbled onto his feet and clumsily sprinted to Baro’s body before collapsing onto his knees.

“Baro-ah” cried Sandeul. “Baro-ah wake up”

Baro didn’t respond. His body lay unmoving, unresponsive in front of Sandeul. Sandeul broke down and began to cry with his face buried in Baro’s coat. Daehyun knelt beside Sandeul with tears rolling down his face. He couldn’t think, he couldn’t react. But he knew that Baro wouldn’t wake up. That Baro would never call his name again, that he would never smile again, that he would never get to see Baro happy.

 

I hope you guys dont hate me too much. There's only one more chapter to go. I seriously cant believe that i am almost done with this story. I hope you guys dont unsubscribe because of what happened and that you will read the last chapter when i post it. I hope you guys liked (if thats possible) this chapter. It was a big decision and a risky one to do what i did, but i hope i havent signed my death warrent by doing so.