94!

Fostered love.

Baro and Sandeul sat on the steps near the football pitches during lunch. The two didn’t speak yet to them it felt like a full conversation. Baro finally understood why Sandeul flinches and he felt a need to protect him anyway possible. Although Sandeul refused to tell him why his dad hits him, Baro was determined to find out one way or another. Sandeul stared out at the game of football that was occurring. It was a large group of second year guys playing against one another.  Daehyun’s team was currently leading five goals to two.

Sandeul watched as Daehyun got the ball, ran the length of the pitch and managed to hit the ball over the last defender and keeper, resulting in the team’s sixth goal and Daehyun’s third. Sandeul couldn’t bring himself to look at Baro, as he felt embarrassed. He thought it was weird that he felt more embarrassed that Baro saw him rather than Baro seeing him cry or seeing his bruises.

They both sat there in silence until the school bell rang; slowly they followed the crowd of students inside. As they were walking up the steps to their classroom Daehyun caught up.

“Guys it’s the music room today” said Daehyun.

“Oh” replied Baro as they reached the second floor.

“Come on I’ll show you a short” said Daehyun grabbing Sandeul’s hand.

Sandeul grabbed Baro who was dragged down the far flight of stairs. Sandeul finally released him as they reached the first floor.

“What was with that?” asked Baro.

“Didn’t want to leave you behind” replied Sandeul.

Daehyun smirked at them.

“Oh, are our two love birds embarrassed?” asked Daehyun jokingly.

“No” said Sandeul immediately.

Baro burst out laughing. Daehyun quickly followed as he seen Sandeul’s expression.

“It was a joke man” said Daehyun.

“Aww, cut” said Baro jokingly squeezing Sandeul’s cheeks.

“Yah” yelled Sandeul angrily.

“Aw. Is our little baby mad?” asked Daehyun as he messed up Sandeul’s hair.

“Stop it” yelled Sandeul putting his hands over his hair, to stop them messing it up.

The two laughed out loud again.

“Come on, hurry, or we’ll be late” said Daehyun.

He turned and started to walk away.

“Coming honey?” asked Baro.

He jokingly put his arm around Sandeul’s; he then led Sandeul after Daehyun. Daehyun laughed again as he looked at Sandeul’s expression. They stopped outside the music room, where Baro let go of Sandeul’s arm. Daehyun opened the door and walked in followed by Baro and Sandeul. The whole class was already there waiting for them.

“Where have you been?” asked the teacher.

“Sorry sir, I realised that Baro and Sandeul hadn’t seen the noticed so I went to the classroom to get them” answered Daehyun.

“Sorry sir” said Sandeul and Baro.

“Oh, alright then, I’ll let you off this time. However come late next time and I won’t be so nice.”

The three of them bowed, they then sat beside each other at the back. Baro sat in the middle with Daehyun in the inside and Sandeul on the aisle seat.

“Now that we are all here let’s begin” said the teacher. “First off this semester your music project will be done in groups of three and will involve composition, lyric writing and a display of talent. Now for those of you already sitting in three’s that shall be your group.”

Baro, Sandeul and Daehyun celebrated quietly, high fiving each other under their desk.

“However the rest of you please line up here.” Said the teacher.

The teacher pointed at the front wall, slowly a line of students covered the line. The teacher then began to pace up and down the line with a folder in his hand.

“What is he doing?” asked Sandeul.

“Putting students of different levels together so that everyone is equal.” Replied Daehyun.

“Okay the first group will be Jaebum, Byun Hyung and Hyo Jung” announced the teacher.

“Ah sir please” pleaded the students unhappily.

“Oh, yeah he also picks students that don’t get on with one another.” Said Daehyun.

The rest of class was spent with students being put into each group. Just as the last group was made the bell rang and the students piled out of class. Daehyun, Sandeul and Baro slowly walked back to class. Although walking up the stairs hurt, Baro laughed to cover up the pain, a trick that both Sandeul and Daehyun seen through but decided to ignore.

The rest of school went by quickly. Before anyone knew it the school bell rang and the class rushed out as if only one could leave the school. Daehyun and Sandeul joked around as they waited for Baro. They all walked home together slowly.

“Ah, I’m hungry” moaned Sandeul as they walked past a stall selling tteokbokki.

“Let’s go get ramhyun” said Baro.

“Yeah” replied Sandeul.

They both looked at Daehyun who looked unsure.

“Come on” said Baro.

He then swung Daehyun’s arms and tried to act cute.

“Please” said Baro as cutely as possible.

“Fine” said Daehyun.

Baro was shocked that it worked however Sandeul seemed impressed at Baro’s cuteness.

“And you call me cute” said Sandeul before walking into a nearby ramhyun shop.

Daehyun walked in after Sandeul and a shocked Baro followed suite. They ate their ramhyun almost as fast as they had gotten it. Once finished they sat back and started to talk.

“What should we do for our music project?” asked Baro.

“Well I hear Sandeul can sing” said Daehyun “And you can play the guitar.”

“I’m not that good of a singer” said Sandeul.

“Nonsense” said Baro. “I heard you in the shower after swimming earlier”

“Oh” exclaimed Sandeul.

“You can also sing really well” said Baro to Daehyun.

“No I can’t” said Daehyun.

“Yeah you can, you sing in the shower all the time” replied Baro. He then turned to Sandeul. “He never misses a high note.”

“He’s lying” said Daehyun.

“Oh really. Then let’s go to a karaoke and see who can and can’t sing” suggested Baro.

“Call” said Sandeul.

They both looked at Daehyun who sighed.

About twenty minutes later the three boys arrived at a karaoke place. They paid for an hour and began to play rock paper scissors to see who would go first.

“The one who gets the highest score becomes the main vocal” said Baro.

“Call” said Sandeul and Daehyun.

After the first round Sandeul goes first, Daehyun then lost the second round leaving Baro for last.

“Oh, Crush by B1A4” said Baro after Sandeul entered his song choice.

After Sandeul’s excellent cover he received a score of 94 points. Both Daehyun and Baro clapped and yelled main vocal. Daehyun went next and performed IU’s ’you and I’. Daehyun then also received 94 points causing Sandeul and Baro to widely applaud.

“Rematch” called Baro as Daehyun sat down.

“Yah, you still have to go” replied Daehyun.

“Yeah, but I won’t get that.” Said Baro.

“Who cares just have fun” said Sandeul prompting Baro up.

 “Please” said Daehyun with as much aegyo as he could muster.

“Fine” exclaimed Baro.

‘Damn he’s cute’ thought Baro.

Baro tried to cover up his blushing by burying his face into the book full of song choices. Finally he typed in a song number and Epik High’s ‘Run’ started to play. Both Daehyun and Sandeul cheered ecstatically as Baro performed the song. At the end as they waited for Baro’s score, both Daehyun and Sandeul made the sounds of a drum roll.

“94” said Baro shocked.

“Wow Daebak” said Sandeul.

“Now what?” asked Daehyun. “Do we all go again?”

“Why don’t we just evenly split the parts and have a rap part for Baro” suggested Sandeul.

“Cool” said Baro as he sat down. “And yes we go again we still have like 45 minutes, let’s just have fun now.”