Lets be friends

Fostered love.

It was a cold Tuesday morning. Baro sat at his desk, with his head resting on his English book. He listened to the other students chatting away to one another. A group of girls to his right, where discussing teaser photos for some group called Vixx. The girls seemed very excited about it and some of the guys near them also seemed to agree that the groups music was good. Baro made a mental note to check the group out either during break or when he got home. Suddenly the class went quiet. Baro sighed as he sat up, knowing that it meant that Mrs Song had arrived. Just as he guessed, Mrs Song stood before the class at her podium. However there was some new boy who stood beside her. He looked pale and nervous as he rubbed his hands against his trouser pockets. He wore his uniform, similarly to Daehyun, however Baro noticed that it made the boy look more nerdy than Daehyun. Daehyun looked handsome and smart whereas this boy look like a nerdy, loner. Despite this, Baro couldn’t help find the boy cute.  Baro decided then and there to become friends with the boy, despite not knowing anything about him.

“Attention” announced the boy beside Daehyun. Despite a week going by, Baro still didn’t know most peoples names. “Bow” continued the boy.

The class bowed to Mrs Song.

“Now class, today we have another new student” announced Mrs Song smiling, as usual to the class. “His name is Lee Sandeul. Be good to him and treat him as well as you have treated Baro.”

“Yes” replied the class.

“Now Sandeul, tell them something about yourself”

Sandeul looked horrified as he nodded to Mrs Song. He stepped up to the podium, which she retreated from. Sandeul looked out at the class. You could tell that he didn’t like public speaking.

“Em… I… I… I am S… Sandeul. Im f… from … B… Busan” announced Sandeul.

Baro sat up at the word Busan.

“My f… father is t… the m… manager… for S… Seoul United”

The whole class sat up in shock at those words.

“Really” came a boy to rows up from Baro.

“Hm” replied Sandeul.

“I h… hope we c… can get a… along” finished Sandeul.

Mrs Song came up behind Sandeul and held his elbow encouragingly.

“Sandeul why don’t you sit down the back there beside Baro.” said Mrs Song. “He’s also new” whispered Mrs Song to Sandeul.

Sandeul nodded and made his way to the back. He sat down in the vacant seat beside Baro.

“Hi” said Baro holding out his hand for a handshake. However Sandeul flinched at the sight of Baro’s raised hand. Baro laughed at Sandeul’s reaction. “Im not gonna hit you, it’s a handshake” said Baro

He picked up Sandeul’s hand and placed it in his own. He then shook both of their hands. Sandeul nodded nervously.

“There’s no need to be nervous” declared Baro. “I wont hurt you. On the contrary  lets be friends”

Sandeul looked up at Baro in shock. He looked into Baro’s eyes for a split second before diverting them.

“S… Seriously. You want to be f…friends with me” stuttered the shocked Sandeul.

“Hm” replied Baro smiling.

“What yah say, we’re both from Busan”

“Really. I… I’d love to”

“Great” replied Baro smiling broadly. “Let’s eat lunch together then”

“Hm” replied Sandeul nodding. He smiled slightly as he looked at Baro.

“Now class” interrupted Mrs Song. “By the end of today I expect everyone to choose who they want to vote as class president. We are the only class left to decide. We will hold the vote last class, one vote each only.”

“Wait we decide?” asked the boy beside Daehyun.

“Of course Dongyeol” replied Mrs Song. “Did yous not do that last year?”

“No” replied Dongyeol.

“Then how did you decide?” asked Mrs Song.

“Mr Kang choose the only person who didn’t annoy him by the end of the first week.” Replied Daehyun.

“How did you win Dongyeol, I would’ve taught that you would’ve won then Daehyun”

“I corrected him on how he said ‘refridgerator’ while reading a note that JiYoung wrote.” Replied Daehyun

“Plus I was out sick for the last three days of that week” added Dongyeol.

Mrs Song laughed before leaving the class.

After she left the class became noisy again with laughter and chatter. As the girl in front of Sandeul turned to greet him, Baro noticed a bruise on Sandeuls knuckles as well as a fresh cut on his ear, which his messy, black hair had failed to cover up fully. Baro looked at him in shock.

“What happened to you” thought Baro as he examined the awkward, bruised Sandeul from a distance.