knick knacked.

Fostered love.

As the bell rang signalling the end of class Sandeul woke up with a jerk. Baro looked down at Sandeul.

“You’re awake” said Baro as Sandeul sat up.

Sandeul yawned and stretched as he looked at his surroundings.

“Ready to go to class.” Said Baro.

Sandeul sat and looked at Baro with a confused expression.

“What’s wrong?” asked Baro.

“Are you not mad?” asked Sandeul.

“Mad? Why would I be?” asked Baro as he stared back at Sandeul.

“Caused I yelled at you.” Replied Sandeul.

Baro burst out laughing. He looked away in order to control himself, however after he looked at the surprise Sandeul again, he burst out laughing.

“What?” asked Sandeul as he watched Baro in confusement.

“Why would I be mad at you?” asked Baro. “You should be mad at me”

Baro stood up still smiling.

“Come on” said Baro as he reached out his hand to help Sandeul up.

Sandeul clutched Baro’s hand and got up.

“Come on, before we miss another class.” Said Baro.

Baro, still holding hands with Sandeul, dragged him back to class. The two walked in, no longer holding hands, to a class full of chatty students. They looked up at Baro and Sandeul and started to talk again.

“Come on” said Baro as he started to walk to his seat.

Half way there Baro noticed that Sandeul didn’t follow him. He turned to see Sandeul standing in the doorway. Baro sighed as he walked back to Sandeul. He put his hand into Sandeul’s, locked their fingers, and dragged him back to their desk. The two sat down just as their teacher walked into the class. They sat in silence as their teacher began class. Finally the bell rang signalling the end of class.

“Almost done” said Baro as he stretched.

“Hm” replied Sandeul.

Sandeul sat in silence deep in thought. Just then Daehyun walked over to them.

“Hey” said Baro greeting Daehyun.

“So you found him” said Daehyun pointing towards Sandeul who hadn’t noticed his arrival.

“Yeah, asleep on the roof” replied Baro.

“Isn’t that your thing” said Daehyun smiling at Baro.

“Yeah I know, the copying bastard” replied Baro laughing.

They both sighed as they looked at Sandeul, who still didn’t seem to notice Daehyun.

“Want to meet after school to discuss the project?” asked Daehyun.

“Sure” replied Baro. “What about you?”

Baro nudged Sandeul who jumped in his seat.

“W… W…. What?” asked Sandeul.

“Do you wanna meet up after school to go over our music project?” asked Baro.

“Oh, sorry I cant. My dad wants me home early” replied Sandeul giving them an apologetic smile.

“Oh, okay then. Maybe at the weekend” said Daehyun.

They looked up as Mrs Song walked in. She smiled at them as she walked to her desk. Daehyun quickly left and walked back to his desk. Baro stared at Sandeul in concern.

“Will you be okay?” asked Baro.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” replied Sandeul.

“Well your dad will be there.” said Baro.

“Just drop it”

“What?” said Baro.

“If you’re my friend you’ll drop it” said Sandeul.

“As your friend I care about you”

“Well as my friend do my a favour and drop it”

“Or you two almost finished your little conversation?” asked Mrs Song.

“Yes Mrs” said Sandeul immediately. “Sorry”

“Anyway” said Mrs Song smiling. “I hope yous are doing your best at your music project. It may seem like ages to the dead line but in fact it’s not that far”

Mrs Song looked down at her folder. She then picked up a large quantity of letters from beside the folder. She tapped them on the desk, ensuring that they were all straight and even.

“Now Daehyun-shi, can you please hand one of the following out to your classmates” said Mrs Song holding the pile of letters out while smiling.

Daehyun stood up and took the pile, bowing slightly as he did.

“These are for your parents or guardians, not you.” Said Mrs Song. “We are going on a trip next week and your parents must sign this in order for you to be eligible to go.”

The class started to chat to each other excitedly.  After a few minutes, Daehyun finished handing out the letters and had sat down.

“Now that we all have one” said Mrs Song.

“Mrs I don’t have one” interrupted Baro.

“Ah, the teacher must have given you and Daehyun-shi the same letter, if its not to both of you come to me on first thing Monday and we’ll sort you out.” Replied Mrs Song smiling.

“Who organised this?” asked the girl in front of Baro.

“Eh, it was Mr Kang” replied Mrs Song looking down as she did.

“Mr Kang!” exclaimed members of the class.

“Yes, but rest assured he is still under inspection and therefore will not take part. I will be taken over duties as head teacher for the trip” said Mrs Song

The class started to quietly chat to each other.

“Okay, if that’s settled, class dismissed” announced Mrs Song.

The class noisily got their things and left. Baro stood up as Daehyun rushed over.

“Sorry, you’ll have to go yourself. I just got a text from mom she wants me to pick some things up from the shop” said Daehyun.

“I can come”

“No, it’s okay, it might be a strain on your back” interrupted Daehyun. “Anyway I won’t be long”

“Oh, okay” replied Baro.

“I better go, if I wanna catch the bus” said Daehyun.

He turned and ran out of the class. Baro sighed as he noticed that Sandeul had disappeared at some stage. Baro walked most of the way home alone. When he was a block from his house he noticed Sandeul walking down a street by himself. Before he could stop himself, Baro found himself quietly following Sandeul. After twenty minutes Sandeul reached a house which he walked into. Baro stood outside, as he looked at the huge, luxurious house.

“Wow” exclaimed Baro. “So this is where he lives”

Just then he noticed the light in the front room going on. Baro crouched down and watched as Sandeul walked in. He closed the door and sat down on the couch. Just then the door was flung open, and a large man walked in. Baro noticed that the man looked angry for some unknown reason. In the blink of an eye Baro watched in horror as the man lifted Sandeul up and threw him into the wall. The man then punched Sandeul in the stomach repeatedly.

Baro found himself frozen as he looked on at the horrific scene that was occurring before him. The man had by now lifted Sandeul up and had started to choke him. Baro could see that Sandeul had begun to turn purple. Baro found himself racing towards the front door. He bounded on the door and rang the doorbell repeatedly.

After a split second of finishing the last knock, Baro came to his senses. He looked around senselessly and sprinted up the drive way and hid behind a car on the opposite side of the road. Just as Baro had hidden himself, the door of the house opened and a normal looking man stood there. Baro looked at the man and was surprised to see the same man that he saw moments earlier. The man was no longer red and angry. He looked perfectly happy except for the fact that he thought he had just been knick knacked.  Baro stayed hidden even after the man had closed the door.