Because You're Mine

My Snowman

 

IU's POV

 

Achoo! *pout* I am sick and I am suffering from cold. I don't know why it has to be like this and all. I slept earlier than I used to last night but then I didn't find any reason why I got this cold.

 

"IU," Jiyeon called out as she saw me entering the building. She waved at me and all of the sudden ran and hugged me. I was taken aback, really. But then I dismissed it. We're friends and that's it. 

 

"Hi Jiyeon," I said and hugged her back.

 

"Okay, I have a good news and a bad one," she said as she broke the hug. "Which one do you want to hear first?"

 

What would be the bad news? I am eager to know what. Bad news? For me? Or for everyone. If I choose to hear the bad news first, I would not be happy with the good knews then. Hmm. Then I decided.

 

"The good news first, Jiyeon," I finally said. She smiled and she's really beautiful. She took a deep breath.

 

"The good news is, we are going to have a winter party since its winter. Yeah," she giggled andI find it cute.

 

"When will it be held? And where?" What's supposed to be done? I'm sorry but, yeah, we don't have like that in our former school. And it hits me! this is an elite school and its really a money-paying.

 

"The coordinators have not yet decided where but it will be on the 1st week next month. And its... three more weeks!" She said happily and slightly jumped.

 

I'm not bad and a killjoy but I just go with the flow and smiled saying, "Oh, it's great. It will be fun, I guess." I wasn't that sure if it'll be fun because I, myself, have never experienced this because in my former school, I didn't attend any parties. I chose to just hang out with my guitar in my room. "And the bad news?" I snapped once it crossed my mind that there was a bad news.

 

"The bad news? Do you really want to know, IU? I mean, it's not a bad news for me but, for you? I don't know," she said as she pulled me and made me sit on my of the benches of the school's garden. She faced me and was asking me if I really want to know. I kept saying 'yes'.

 

"Okay. Since you want to, the bad news is that, Myungsoo chose you as his partner."

 

My eyes widened by the news, It really was a bad news for me and being Myungsoo as my partner? That was such a great play. Note the sarcasm there! I was stammering when I said, "H-He chose me?" Jiyeon nodded and gave me a sad smile. 

 

I was shocked, really. This can be a mess. Hara might be so mad at him that she'll never wanted me to last long here. Everyone might think I stole Myungsoo form Hara and I will be the villain of their love story. I don't like that.

 

"I'm sorry, IU. I know what you feel," she said.

 

"Is there a rule that states we can change our partner?" I asked, ignoring her apology. I hope there was.

 

"Yes," she said and it was a relief. But, "You can change your partner as long as your names are not yet written on the list of couples. And unfortunately, he already wrote your names."

 

I groaned due to the great depression and mindbreaking decision of Myungsoo. Of all the people, why me? Why? I don't wanna live in a messy life? I want my life to be as simple as it is. It's already ruined so why ruin it again?

 

I put my face on my own palms as I was trying myself not to cry.  Mess, mess, mess. Jiyeon was caressing my back to comfort me and it did help. I sat up straight and asked, " Do you know where's Myungsoo right now?"

 

"I'm sorry, IU, but no. What are you thinking?" She asked, concerned.

 

"I just want to know his problem with me," I said and stood up. " I gotta go, Jiyeon. Tell Suzy I'm not attending school." I walked two steps when Jiyeon said something.

 

"You're skipping school? Don't let this destroy you. Let's go to class and I'll help y---"

 

It was too late for her to finish her statement for when I saw Myungsoo entered the gymnasium, I ran immediately to his spot. I ran as fast as I could. When I got outside the gymnasium, I looked around to see if no one's looking and when I figured there wasn't any one looking, I invited myself in.

 

The gymnasium's pretty big that you'll look like an ant from above. I was searching for him and I can't see him due to the big space of this gymnasium. But then, I spotted a young man sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the tall pillar of the basketball ring. There was a headphone plugged to his both ears. I walked to him knowing that he might not notice or see me beacuse his eyes were closed and seemed like he was feeling whatever he was hearing right now.

 

As I was three feet away from him, I fake coughed. But I realized he didn't hear me. So I lean down and pull his head phone away. His eyes widened with fury but when he saw me, a smile that was showing his dimple greeted me. "Hi IU," he said.

 

I didn't say anything. I just looked at him angrily. His smile faded and he asked, "What haveI done for you to look at me like that?" It wasn't the Cold Myungsoo. It was... I don't know.

 

"Why did you choose me?" I asked, crossing my arms to my chest.

 

"What?" I rolled my eyes at him. 

 

"Why did you choose me to as your partner for the Winter Party?" I kept myself cool and calmed as possible. He didn't answear immediately. He just pulled me down to sit and faced me. I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't expecting he'd pull my face an inch away from his. All I can see was his eyes. He was looking deeply into my eyes and I found myself gulped. My heard rumpled and was beating like a drum. He was serious until he grinned and pull his face away. He looked the other way but returned to my side after three seconds.

 

"Why did I chose you?" He grinned and followed by his cute chuckles. He looked away from me and I just kept on staring at him. "Because you're mine, aren't you?" H e smiled and I figured that was I am to him. I was his and he's mine??? But he doesn't own me! He looke at me, waiting for my reaction.

 

"You don't own me Kim Myungsoo," I said coldly and he's jaw hardened. It was the truth I'm not his. I was about to stand but he took my hand and made me sit on the floor again.

 

"IU, don't make me treat you coldly. I'm starting to become warm to people for the first time since I was... Nothing." He shook his head and let go of my hand. I should've be going but I remained there with him. he didn't talk for God knew how long. He was just quiet and I was quiet too. No one talked to each other 'til he gave up.

 

"Let's go," he said and stood up. I looked at him and my mind was arguing with my conscience whether I should go or not. "IU, please don't leave me right now. I kinda... I kinda need a company." I saw pain crossed his eyes but sincerity was the clear one.

 

It was such a mistake I was born with good heart and I accepted his offer and I took his hand. 

 

"Promise me you'll tell me why you keep bugging me," I said, making sure. His grip tightened and I felt uneasy. He gave me a sincere smile. He really has a beautiful dimple. A beautiful dimple for a beautiful man? That's perfect, God!

 

"I promise," he said. I just nodded and mouthed 'okay'. And all of the sudden, he dragged me out of the gymnasium. It was a long distance to run and while we were running, I heard him laughed. He laughed. I stopped and stood there staring at him. He faced me and asked, "What?"

 

I gave him my sweet smile and said, "I like you're laugh." He laughed. "Do it again," I said.

 

"The what?"

 

"Laugh again," I asked him and he didn't. "If you're not going to laugh, I'm not gonna go with you." *pout*

 

And he laughed. He patted my head and said, "You're so cute, IU. Now, let's go!" He took my hand and dragged me outside the school. We ran as far aswe could and too many people were staring at us. We ran until we reached where his motorbike was. I pulled my hand away.

 

"I'm not gonna ride on that motorbike!" I said, as if I was seeing a monster. He laughed and I looked at him.

 

"Wasn't our experience with it wonderful? IU! It's beautiful, isn't?"

 

"The view is beautiful but, the fact that I might kill myself if I ever ride that again, I'd rather ride a bicycle," I said but he drew me closer.

 

"Stop whining, IU. You're cute but, stop." He puts my helmet on and locked it for me. There were many people staring at both of us, really. He noticed and said to me, "Don't mind them. They're just seeing a perfect couple." He gave me a smile.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing." He rode his motorbike and I hesitated first but he kept on arguing with me. And I gave up. I got up.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked, scared.

 

He started the engine and I found myself hugging him.I heard him chuckled. "Relax, IU. We're going somewhere you could find the answer to your question." I didn't asnwer because the motorbike started to drive down the streets. It feels so good and the view? Beautiful as ever. I learned form Myungsoo.

 

I wasn't that sure I'd be enjoying myself in that place but, the reasons why he is like this? I'd like to know about that. Somehow, I became more interested in him. I wanted to find more, know him more.

 

Kim Myungsoo, I want to know more about you.

 

 


 

Hiiii! ;))

Hello everyone. This is your author of this story, KrisSicaHeMyungU or Ella. 

I want all of you to call me 'Ella'. I don't want you to not know even just my name. Keke!

You know guys, I really love you for subscribing, reading, commenting and all! Thank you so much ♥

I was supposed to make two chapters but then, I am lacked of time to write another chapter so mianhe :3

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to nanaboo17, myungsoobaekhyun, KEYroro, LurvLIUsomuchxx ♥

And to those who subscribed and read this story. Thank you! >:< ♥ Heart Heart ;)