Comparing is Rude

My Snowman

IU's POV

 

 

I was staring at him, though I got a little bit anxious because many students were staring at both of us. I just don't like too much attention. I just want to be an ordinary girl.

 

But the fact that he didn't know the reason of me being mad at him, it made me just slap him. But I stopped myself from doing so. I wasn't that type of girl and I never will.

 

"You seriously don't know?" I asked him, so calmed.

 

"Yeah, I don't."

 

Seeing him being cold all of the sudden made me relaxed. He was not the talkative one anymore. His cold aura came and it was great for me. I really didn't know if others felt the same way. 

 

In the end, I told him the reason.

 

"I'm mad because you're comparing me to Hara." I said as I closed my eyes and opened them two seconds after. A grin was formed by his lips and he looked at me. He was taller than me so he was looking down. His dimple was very visible and I envied his dimple. Really.

 

"Why? Aren't you like Hara?" Ouch. Why does he think I'm like Hara? I'm not and that's for sure.

 

"Hey Mr. Snowman, for the last time, I am not Hara. I will never be." I said coldly. I wasn't aware of the people around us, not literally. But they were eavesdropping and that's for sure.

 

He smirked. Damn! This young man's really handsome. No doubt many girls adore him that much. I'm not gonna deny I, myself too was attracted to him. It's just that, It wasn't right.

 

"Okay." He said and never said anything. It was just 'okay'.

 

I decided to leave because I can't help the attention students were giving. I just can't. It'll bring me more trouble, I know. I got more scared of what will happen after this. What will Hara do matters to me. I, for 17 years of living, is scared of being hated by others.

 

"Just so you know, comparing is rude." I turned around, wasn't sure where will I go. But in the end, I decided to go to class. It was still second period of my class. He was not following me and it was a good thing. I walked through the long corridor before I got inside the classroom. Good thing the teacher wasn't there. I spotted Suzy and I called her name.

 

"Suze." She looked up and ran towards me. She hugged me and behind her was  Jiyeon. To my surprise, she hugged me, too. She seemed so worried.

 

"Where were you? With him?" Jiyeon asked.

 

"Yeah, I was with him." I said weakly. I wasn't in the mood. I was sill bugged of me being like Hara. I wanted to know more about Hara and find some facts why he was comparing me to Hara. And I thought, Jiyeon will help me.

 

"Did he do something stupid?" Suzy asked and we sat on out usual seats. I was in the middle of Jiyeon and Suzy. They were asking me some questions whether he hurt me or did something stupid. After all, I told them the truth and he didn't hurt me. That was the truth. I'm not fond of lying and I will never lie. I maybe childish or what, but I'm still a good person.

 

We were at the cafeteria eating some fries and I wasn't aware that I haven't touched my food yet. Jiyeon took notice of that and she asked me,

 

"What's wrong, IU? You seemed so occupied." 

 

Suze agreed and started to drown me with so many questions about that Mr. Snowman. Kim Myungsoo is indeed so handsome and cute.  He wasn't that cold though ugh! I don't know.

 

"He didn't hurt me. He just made me ride his motorbike and started comparing me to Hara." I said and sighed. 

 

"He compared you to Hara?" Victoria asked. She was with us. I nodded as an answer.

 

"What do you know, Tori?" Asked Suzy.

 

"Ohh, from what I've heard, they have a past and it seemed like they were together for a year of two." Victoria said. I was till confused. I mean, what's the connection?

 

"Where did you hear that, Victoria?" Jiyeon asked her and she seemed shock. I bet she didn't know about that.

 

"I heard from group of girls and also, I read from the paparazzinfos.com." What was that? Paparazzinfos.com?

 

"Is that the school's paparazzi's page? Where they post stolen shots and events?" Suzy asked Victoria and I was lost. Really.

 

"Yeah and not only those but they post history about the past lovers. But the known one only which drew more attention by others." She ate her fries. Victoria is so cute. I'm going to struggle them to death if they say Victoria is not pretty.

 

"So, you're suggesting us to read updates of that page?" Jiyeon asked her friend. I can't find the urge to ask. Hayy.

 

"I think. But if you don't want, just listen to the gossips." 

 

"Ohh, my god, I'm so sure you'll be on that page, IU! " Suzy exclaimed and my eyes widened. Sh*t! Me? 

 

They all agreed. I bowed my head. What a mess.

 

*A Park*

 

I was just walking and I didn't know where to go but I was in the park. I wasn't sure of what will going to happen. This is so messy than what I thought it will be. I've learned that Myungsoo and Hara were together for two years and the reason of their break-up? Still unknown. I don't wanna be involved in their story. I just want to be... myself.

 

I sat on a bench fronting the dancing fountain. Water was really high and as drops touched my skin, there were so cold. It was dark, though. It was past 6pm when I got here. I just needed time to think, fresh my mind. I just missed my parents. They... they died when I was only 7 years old and 10 years of living without them was such a bad one.  Sometimes, I just wanted to be gone and gone and meet my parents. Behind my cheerful smiles, there is sadness. I maybe childish and cheerful but the truth is I'm not totally cheerful.

 

I missed my parents very much. What I considered now as my parents are Suzy's. I love her parents because they're treating me as their daughter. I'm glad Suzy accepted me as her sister even though we weren't blood-related.

 

I wasn't aware tears streamed down my face. I was crying. I bowed my head. I really missed them very much. I missed them and I swear to God I would likely be gone by now. But I thought of leaving Suzy behind, afterall, I owed them a lot. 

 

"Miss." I looked up and saw a  cute boy. He was handing me a handkerchief. I took it without hesitation and wiped my drenched-with-tears face.

 

He sat next to me. He looked at me and smiled. I bowed my head.

 

"Thank you. What is your name?" I asked as I locked gaze with him. He was still smiling.

 

"My name is Luhan. How about you?" 

 

"My name is IU. Thank you, Luhan Oppa." I thanked him.

 

"I like that, 'Luhan Oppa'." I smiled at him really wide. He's so cute and I can't help but touch his face. He was taken aback, though. He's just so cute and the way he smiles, it's so overwhelming.

 

"You look like me." I said and redeemed my hand from his face, He chuckled and he was so cute. Really cute. He shook his head with smile still pasted on his face.

 

"Yeah. I know. When I saw you, I thought I was looking at myself." He said. It was like he was my doopleganger!

 

We were staring at each other. And I found the urge to ask, "Oppa, are you not busy? I mean, am I getting your time?" I was so worried that I might stole his time for nothing. Maybe he's goingto meet someone here.

 

He shook his head and it was a relief. He said, "No, I was just walking by when I saw you crying. I used to go here, so it was a change I saw you here. Are you new?" He asked.

 

I nodded my head and said, "Yes. I transferred to this 'Dream High' together with my bestfriend." I said, truthfully.

 

"Dream High? Hmm." He said.

 

"Oppa, where do you attend school?" I asked him. He smiled at me.

 

"At Lee Shi High." He said, calmy and stared at me. I smiled a little. I haven't heard of that school. Then a thought came into my mind.

 

"Does your school still accept transferee? I want to transfer from my current school," I said and pouted. He chuckled and I found it so cute. He's so cute but I can't deny Myungsoo is cuter.

 

"My school still accepting transferee but I suggest you to just stay attending Dream High. Our school is very much complicated. Competition is all over the school. It's not s-safe." He said. 

 

"It's not safe? What do you mean?"

 

He chuckled again and said, "Dream High is a lot more better than my current school. You keep attending Dream High and it's a great school." He said. It wasn't a great school. Besides, competition is all over the school, too. I'm afraid of Goo Hara and Myungsoo.

 

"No." I said and shook my head. "There's still competition in our school." I said. He patted my head.

 

"Your school is still great." He said and looked up.

 

"If my school is a great school, why don't you transfer to my school? I'm sure I'm happy to have you there instead of that Mean Myungsoo." The last word was like a whisper but he heard that.

 

"Myungsoo?" He asked me and I looked at him. Yeah. Myungsoo, the mean and cold Myungsoo. The one who always compares me with Goo Hara.

 

"Yeah. Kim Myungsoo if I'm not mistaken." I said and he lightly nodded. It was like he was  remembering something or what.

 

I was about to ask him but my phone rang. I fished it out form my pocket and glanced at the caller ID. Suzy. 

 

"Oppa, I need to go. Thank you, by the way. See you again." I stood up and took some steps backward as I bid my goodbye. He waved his hand and said.

 

"Sure. Bye, IU-sshi."

 

_____________________

 

Luhan is so cute :)