Permanently Away

My Snowman

IU's POV

 

 

Luhan and I were gone shopping and now we decided to go home. He wanted to use his car but I refused. Walking would be the best because we're going have time to talk. You know his looks brighten my day. He has this doll-like features and I swear, he looks more like a girl than me.

 

We were holding hand in hand when he talked. "Banana," he said.

 

I giggled to that. "What Luhananana banana?"

 

"I was just . . . I'm gonna ask you a thing."

 

"What is it?"

 

"When someone you're close to has a dirty secret and that secret includes the loss of the big part of your life, what would you do? I mean, when you're in that situation, what exactly would you do?"

 

I sway our interlocked hands and smiled childishly.

 

"I don't know. Maybe cry and punch and . . . I don't know." I said in a low tone. I don't really know. It doesn't occur to me. And I won't know until it happened to me.

 

"Just anything, IU. Tell me," he said.

 

I looked at him and smiled. "Luhana Banana, I think I will cry. But because you thought me to be strong, I won't. I'm not gonna be affected. I mean, not ‘not at all’. But I guess, I'll feel pain but not like if I'm going to lose you," I said. I stopped and took his hands, looking up into those shiny eyes of his.

 

"Xi Luhan, I'll be hurt if you're going to leave me. I don't wanna lose you because what I am thankful of is when God lets us meet at the park. And you're the best thing happened to me. Perhaps," I said. And I saw tears formed in his eyes and soon he was crying. I am too.

 

"Why are you crying, Luhana Banana?!" I squealed.

 

He chuckled and wiped his tears. "I'm just happy that you love me that much," he said and wiped mine, too. "For a record, I'll be dying if I see you leaving me. I don't wanna lose you, IU. You're my angel, my LIFE, my STRENGTH and my reason to LIVE. You are m--"

 

He cut off. My eyes didn't let it pass. He was hurt.

 

"Luhana?"

 

"IU, you're my master, you're the ‘I’ in 'You and I'. In the park, you're the fountain. You're that special to me. And I love you Isha Uniqa Lee."

 

I giggled. "Don't call me with that name."

 

"What? It's beautiful. Like you," he said.

 

I laughed. "I love you, too my Luhana Banana!" I hugged him and sealed my I love you with a long kiss.

 

 

!

 

I was already by the doorway and I was looking at Luhan walking on his way. I sighed. "He's a good guy for me. Too good enough."

 

I turned and enter the apartment but my jaw dropped when I realized he's here. He's sitting on a sofa but stood up when he noticed me.

 

 

 

"IU . . ."

 

"What are you doing here? Who let you in?" I asked. "SUZY!!"

 

"We let him in. No, we invited him." I turned around and saw my three girls. Jiyeon talked first.

 

"We can't stand in anymore, IU. You're being too much," Victoria said. I scowled.

 

I rolled my eyes and said, "Seriously? And Suze?

 

She smiled and said, "I-- we just want you to fix things with him. IU, we're graduating."

 

"And it doesn't mean that way! God, girls how could you be so insensitive. I have Luhan right now, what do you want me to do?!"

 

"Yeah. That hurts . . ." I turned to Myungsoo. I swear he lost weight. God, what is he doing to himself?

 

Whatever pain he brought me, I still care. There's still a part of me that still cares.

 

I just go with it. Girls want this, fine. I'll give it a shot. I motioned them to go and hide.

 

"Sit down, Kim Myungsoo," I said.

 

"Thanks," he did and sat down. I sat on the couch fronting him.

 

"Now, what do you want?" He was about to answer but I cut him off. "No. Don't answer that. Come to the kitchen," I said and stood up.

 

We went to the kitchen and I searched for something that is easy to eat. "What do you want to eat?"

 

"Ahh, IU. Don't bother--"

 

"Shut up! Just tell me. You loss like half of your original weight and I don't wanna see you dead after a day or two. Now, tell me. Do you wanna eat noodles or rice? Nah. I'm gonna do for rice."

 

I started to prepare the equipment and the things I need. I heard him walk near me. "And don't try to help. Just sit there," I said. I heard the pulling of a chair.

 

Minutes later . . .

 

"You know, Kim Myungsoo, you should not starve yourself to death," I said and prepare the plates.

 

I gave him his food. "You won't eat?" He asked.

 

I sat down and said, "Na-uh. Luhan and I went out to eat earlier."

 

"Luhan," he chuckled.

 

I don't wanna hurt him by mentioning things about Luhan so I changed the topic. "Where do you plan to go after this? He looked at me. "I mean, after high school?"

 

"Hm, USA. My parents want me to study there and learn more. I'm gonna be a business man someday.”

 

He's gonna be away? I don't know but I feel a bit of pain . What's happening?

 

 

 

 

To be continued.