Dream High

My Snowman

 

IU's POV

 

26th of May was our first day in Dream High school. I was at my third year and I and my bestfriend, Suzy, decided to transferred to Dream High. It was pretty horrible in our previous school. They also bullied us like we were some infant. We just don't know why they also did that to us, but I'm pretty sure this school will be a school with no bullies.

 

I was so excited to go to school and I found myself dragging Suzy all along the way out.

 

"Isha, you relax. We're not gonna be late." Suzy reminded me. I stopped my track and faced her. I was smiling for sure.

"Suze, I know. But I'm just excited to see our new school and we barely go out of our apartment." I explained to Suze. She understood me because she knows me very well.

 

"Okay, but we don't need to run. Okay? It's slippery and we might get out on the ground." I laughed because I really love Suze for making me smile.

 

So we headed to our new school. I saw many teenagers wearing uniforms identical to what we were wearing. They might be our schoolmates or classmates. I got a sight of a boy standing by the guitar store. From what I was seeing, he's my schoolmate, maybe. He wore the same uniforms as boys from Dream High wore.

 

He was just standing there. He looked so cold. He's cute. 

 

He's cute. 

s

"Hey, IU! We're here." Suzy announced and it got me back to my senses. I looked back to where the boy was standing but it was empty now. No boy.

 

We entered the school. It was a big school but our previous school was bigger than this. But I love new school, though.

 

Many students were talking and laughing ang I felt homesick. I missed my other friends.

 

Then a girl with a brunette hair appeared infront of us.

 

"Hi." She greeted and we said our 'hello' back.

 

"I'm Jiyeon." And she offered us her hand. We shook it.

 

"I'm Isha Unica but you can call me IU." I said warmly.

 

"I'm Suzy Bae." Suze said.

 

"What a nice name, IU. You too, Suzy. I bet you're new here, aren't you?"

 

"Yeah, we are." Suze answered.

 

"Okay, gonna tour you around. You like?" I can say that she was really nice to us on our first day. She's pretty and kind.

 

We agreed so we did. We walked around thw school. I was looking around and I was amazed by the school. It had so many spots to come and I like to hide. That's a part of me I can't change. I preferred to be alone when  someting's bugging me inside.

 

Next thing I knew, I cannot see Jiyeon and Suzy.

 

I'm lost. Oh god! This school's pretty big and I'm not familiar with any of these places.

 

Where are Jiyeon and Suzy?

 

"Suzy!" I called out but I can't find her and Jiyeon. 

 

I found myself sitting beside the vending machine. I was hugging my knees. There were no students around because today's not a class day. I'm pretty sure by now, they're in the gymnasium of this school. We have an orientation just by this time.

 

Oh, IU. Stop being so childish. Don't cry. Suzy will find you.

 

I just hugged my knees when I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw a boy passed by me. The boy.

 

I stood up. I called him, "Hey, Mister!"

 

He stopped. He seemed so, i don't know. Then he turned around. I'm now seeing his face very clear. He's so cute but why does his face so cold?

 

"I believed you called me." He said coldly, just standing there with hands on his pockets.

 

I was still crying. So, I wiped those tears away. 

 

"Yes. can I ask you?" I said shyly.

 

"You called me so it means you need something." He said, so bored.

 

I bowed my head and said, "I'm sorry. I'm just kinda lost. Would you mind helping me get into the gymnasium?" I was hoping he would say yes because based form what I'm seeing, he kinda don't like it. 

 

"What would be the reward for getting you there?" I felt a little bit scared. 

 

"Huh? Reward. Well, I don't know. Just please. take me there!" I begged and lift my hands and prayed like he's some like a god to be prayed of.

 

"You're so childish and I don't like that, you. Get up and follow me. I'm leading your childish feet to the gymnasium." He turned around and I stood up and ran beside him.

 

"Keep distance," he said and somehow I felt sad and hurt. Was I smell bad?

 

So, I was behind him walking while looking around. He looked back at me and I saw that.

 

"Don't pout. It doesn't suit you." He insulted me and it did insulted me. Can't he just lead me the way and stop minding me? He's so mean! I'm cute when I do the pout thing. I just don't know with this cold-hearted boy!

 

"Here's the gymnasium." He said and I started to walked to the entrance. I looked back at him and he was standing there with his usual position--his hands inside his pockets.

 

"Thank you, even though you insulted me. But remember this Mr. Snowman, I would not tolerate your insults if you'll do it again." I said and turned my head straight to the front door. I walked into the gymnasium.

 

I saw Suzy and Jiyeon talking beside the guy with a drumsticks on his lap.

 

"Suze, Jiyeon." I called. they turned to me and stood. They went to me and hugged me.

 

"Where have you been, IU?" Suze aske dme worriedly.

 

"We were so worried but the teacher wouldn't let us out to search for you." Jiyeon explained and I just said I'm fine and I'm happy I got here on time because the orientation was only about to start. We sat on the chairs next to the guy holding drumsticks. Maybe, he's a drummer.

 

The program started and ther oruented us about the school. Jiyeon wasn't a transferee but she just attended the programto gave us company because obviously, we needed one.

 

After the program, we found ourselve sitting by the table #8. The canteen's tables were numbered. It was pretty organized, the canteen I mean.

 

"So, IU, you like it here?" Jiyeon asked. We had invited one of Jiyeon's friends, Victoria. She seemed kind like Jiyeon.

 

"Ah, yeah. So far, I like it here." I said honestly.

 

"I'm thinking if this school has popularity ranking." Suzy said and pouted.

 

"Well, it does." Victoria answered. Suzy and I looked at her questionly.

 

"We have this 'who's the prettiest?' who's the handsome?' 'who's the most popular of all?'" She said.

 

"The prettiest so far is, Goo Hara and sometimes she prefer to be called Princess Hara." Jiyeon pointed out.

 

"Yeah, and we don't want you to hate her but she maybe innocent and kind outside but she's rude. She's really rich, though." Victoria somehow elaborated it.

 

"She's really pretty?" I asked.

 

"Yup, you can say that. But wait and take a look."

 

Then the entrance the door swung open. A group of girls entered.

 

"That is Hara along with her friends." Jiyeon whispered and I was like staring at the them.

 

"They are KARA." Victoria added. Suzy and I exchanged looks. We darted our gazez to the KARA. They seemed pretty but after all, the prettiest would be Hara, I assumed. She's indeed has an innocent face. She smiled to everyone.

 

They passed by us. I was shocked when they were by our tables.

 

"So, new students?" She asked. I nooded my head and said,

 

"Lee IU." I bowed.

 

"Huh! I'm still prettier than you. Well, enjoy!" She said and turned around. But she seemed to have forgotten something and turned to us.

 

"And Jiyeon, don't you ever dream of being in the top 5 of the prettiest 'cause you will never be." She said nicely but that was a hurtful sentence. Even me, I got affected. Jiyeon rolled her eyes and said,

 

"Don't dream as if you'll be the #1 this time. You might be above but things would just fall due to gravity if you'd learned that. 'Cause I honestly learned about gravity and you, I don't think so. Do fill your empty brain, not just with air but with knowledge." Jiyeon said calmly and smiled. I kinda like how Jiyeon acted. She seemed really brave.

 

"I'm not wasting my time talking to some bunch of girls like all of you. We all know I'm still above you all." Then she finally turned her back to us and walked to the exit door and did exit. 

 

I realized I was holding my breath. Jiyeon and Victoria looked at me.

 

"What?" I asked them.

 

"Don't be nice to her. She's a devil." Victoria said.

 

"Don't again, IU. She'll bully you if it comes the time, okay?" Jiyeon reminded me and I kinda love her really for caring about me. Suzy, sitting beside me sighed.

 

"Bad crackers! There are still devils in every school." She pouted. We laughed because she acted so cute. But I was bugged by the though of Jiyeon dreaming to be in the top 5 of the prettiest. She may be, she's prettier than those Hara's friends. Jiyeon's really pretty and Victoria, too. My best friend Suzy is pretty too.

 

For the second time, the door swung open. We had our attention to who might come in and I was shicked to see who did come in. The boy.

 

He was just walking and all eyes were darted at him. He's cute. God, I said it a million times.

 

"Who is he?" I asked whoever heard that question. Why eyes were still on him. He's cold.

 

"Kim Myungsoo but we called him, Landon or L. He's the most handsome of all, but he seems don't give a damn. He's--"

 

"Cold," I finished and looked at them.

 

"You met him, didn't you?" Victoria asked and that made Suzy exclaimed.

 

"YOU MET HIM?" Suzy asked.

 

"Yes, I did. He was the one who took me to the gymnasium 'cause I really don't know where the gym is located. And he's really cold." I explained and looked at them. They wanted more info so I spilled it.

 

"He insulted me and I warned him." I said.

 

"You warned him?" Jiyeon asked, shocked.

 

"Yes."

 

"No one warns him. He gets mad and just be rude to you and you just wish you never did warned him." Victoria said.

 

"What? What do you mean?" Suzy asked for me 'cause I seemed just lost my voice.

 

"He's rude to you. He'll make your life unforgettable." Jiyeon added.

 

"I'm scared." I said childishly. I'm literally scared.

 

I looked over to where he sat and damn! Oops! he just caught me looking. My heart did beat so fast that it wanted to get out of my chest.

 

"Hey," someone said. I looked and was so shocked that I might faint to see the most coldest person I've ever met. People always kind to me.

 

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

 

"You, Idiot." That had just hit me. Jiyeon, Suzy and Victoria just looked at me then to him and again and again.

 

"I have a name and it's not 'idiot', Snowman." I shoot back. He was taken aback.

 

"Snowman? I like that. But let me show you the real Snowman tomorrow at 8 in the morning." Then he turned and walked to his table. What the hell?

 

"Sh*t had just happened, and you're totally jailed." Jiyeon cussed and I myself cussed, too. I looked at Suzy who was worried although she didn't tell. I can see that through her facial expression. I looked at Victoria. She shot me a pointed look and said,

 

"You're his, IU."

 

__________________________________

 

I'm pretty exhausted :) This will do for the first chapter :)