The Late Comers

My Snowman

IU'S POV

 

"IU, we're late," Luhan Oppa commented. I looked at him and gave him a sweet smile.

 

"Oppa, it's better late than never."

 

After that, he didn't say anything. We remained in his car, trying to be late because I really want to steal the spotlight. Tonight, I'm gonna be the hot topic. Not because of what happened, but because I'm me. To my surprise, Luhan Oppa held my hand. I looked up to meet his eyes.

 

"You don't have to do this," he said, sincerely.

 

Don't? But I've decided. I shouldn't be the weakling type of girl and I'm just doing this because I'm fighting for my own self.

 

"I'm sorry, Oppa. But I think it's too late. . ." I said. I looked at the venue's door and to him again. "We're too late. Let's go."

 

I got out of the car. My red dress hit the floor and I guess I look hot in this. I got my hair down but it's been waved to have a formal-like hairstyle. I've worn a long red halter dress that'd been blown by the wind because it's too light. I glanced at Luhan Oppa who just got out from his car, trying to fix his suit. It looks good on him.

 

He walked to my side, lent me his arms to hold on and I did. I grabbed his arm and we walked to the door. Luhan Oppa knocked aloud that I knew it made a loud sound inside. We got their attention now. And on the count of three, the door swung open and we did steal the spotlight.

 

They were speechless. Don't you know me?

 

I smiled to the crowd. I saw Luhan Oppa and I on the screen and I smiled wider, hiding back the real emotion. No weakness right now, IU. We marched to the center aisle and I saw Suzy and Soo Hyun at the side, I smiled at her. I know she'll be mad but who cares? This is my life.

 

And last but not the least, I saw him. Myungsoo Oppa was standing by the stage, with Hara on his side. And my heart started to ache again but I pushed it away. I don't wanna feel something painful right now. Once is enough. I gave him my cruel smile. He seemed to disagree with my appearance tonight, but I really don't care.

 

Luhan Oppa put his hand on the top of my hand and squeezed. He must have noticed I'm trembling. I looked at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded. And there it goes, I pulled him to me. I brushed my lips onto his and as soon as our lips met, I kissed him. But I wasn't expecting he'll initiate the kiss. I should've pushed him away but I didn't. The feeling of his lips on mine sent shivers through my body.

 

It was a long kiss but I didn't worry. Our school doesn't prohibit with that. And it's a party, do whatever you want.

 

I was catching my breath when we stopped but instead of feeling angry, I just smiled timidly at him, embarrassed of what I did. But he whispers, "It's okay."

 

I looked around and I saw his face, pain crossed his eyes and I wasn't sure of what I felt. But I chose to just ignore him and Luhan and I walked to our table where there was just the two of us. People started looking at the both of us but I didn't give a damn. Mind their own.

 

He made me sat on a chair before saying, "I'll just get you a drink." I nodded.

 

Once I was left alone, my plan was a success. Myungsoo went to me with his cold expression. He stood infront of me but I gave him the same intensity he was giving me.

 

Too much silence and I got annoyed. "What do you want?" I asked, coldly.

 

"You. . ."

 

"Me? After you saw how I kissed Luhan, now you want me? Isn't Hara's kiss enough? You want more?" I retorted. Now he's acting as if an iceberg hit him.

 

He walked two steps and I remained seated. "I can explain but you won't listen to me," he said. I glared at him. "Will you listen now?"

 

"What the hell, Myungsoo? Can you just get the hell out of here? I don't like what you're doing."

 

"What do you want me to do, then?" He scoffed. "Just listen to me so that you won't jump into conclusions!"

 

"You're shouting at me? Just leave, bastard!"

 

"No, unless you listen to me. IU, that was nothin--"

 

"Shut the hell up! Will you leave now? I don't want you here!"

 

I needed to shout. The music seemed lo be loud so I guess not all hears us yelling at each other. "LEAVE." I said again.

 

He said nothing before nodding his head. "Maybe you need some time," he said.

 

"No, I don't. Just pretend we don't know each other."

 

---------

 

LUHAN'S POV

 

I shouldn't let her do this but her eyes scream more. She needs help and I guess I'm the one who can. Just looking at her right now, turning into a brave girl; I realized I barely knew her. I realized something lies beyond that innocence.

 

And I won't deny I don't like her. I do.