Love For Xi Luhan

My Snowman

IU’s POV

 

 And never bothered to talk to me again. I mean, Myungsoo. Sure he says hi when he sees me but that just it. After our talk in my apartment, something just fixed our relationship and that it shuts him up.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“So, away from here,” I commented and looked away.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t want to. Because that means, I’m gonna lose you. I don’t wanna be away from you, IU.”

 

I looked at me and shake my head. “Don’t start, Myungsoo.”

 

But he did. “IU, you know what I am feeling, okay?”

 

“But Myungsoo, you already lost me. I’m not yours to keep now. It’s sure than when you said I’m yours, I believed it. But right now, I am Luhan’s.”

 

I stood up but he got my wrist.

 

“I never lost you, IU. You broke free. And that’s it. We didn’t break up.”

 

I chuckled. “Broke up? Myungsoo, we are not together. We never were. You know yourself,” I said to him, trying not to shout at him.

 

“That’s because you didn’t give me a chance to tell you, to explain to you. You just ran away and next thing I knew: you are with him and that he’s your first. First love. Do you realize how much it hurts, IU?”

 

I didn’t answer. I don’t know but tears started in my eyes. I don’t even know why I am crying.

 

“IU, I love you . . .”

 

And that’s it. I heard it from him. It confirmed everything. But it’s too late. It’s too little too late. I should be happy, right? But no. It hurts. He’s too late.

 

“I should be happy, right?” I asked him. “But no. You’re just breaking me. Myungsoo, just leave me alone. Please, I’m begging you. Let me be happy because I need it. I need happiness. I’m sick of feeling lonely all the time and I want happiness now. Please, just understand. If it’s hard for you, then it’s harder in my case. Now, please, do not ruin this.” I said, crying.

 

He cried, too.

 

But then, he let go of my wrist, stood up and he was infront of me now. “IU, I’ll still be here. I’ll be waiting even if it costs my life. Yes, I’m letting you be happy. I won’t intrude,” he said.

 

I didn’t answer him. Then he nodded and said, “Good night, IU-sshi.”

 

And that’s it. Connection was cut. I don’t know if I’ll be happy with his decision but I guess I’m good with it now. I have Luhan now to lay my attention with. I just think maybe there’s no written love story for the both of us.

 

Myungsoo and I was a great tandem, being cat and mouse. He teased me a lot when we’re still together. Though, he did that, I know he cared for me. That he still is, right now. But that would be buried now. Those memories have already been buried 10 feet or more below the ground. That’s very deep. But whoever wants to dig for that, I hope he or she will make a happy ending for us.

 

I took a deep breath and walked to where Luhan was seated. Luhan’s my priority now and my studies also. Only a week and we’re going to graduate. My high school experience here is a blast and I guess I treasure every piece of it. Except for Myungsoo’s part. Though, I have many moments with him, I still have most of my moments with my girls and Luhan of course.

 

“Luhana Banana,” I called. He looked up and smiled at me.

 

“Banana?”

 

I sat beside him and smiled. “I have something for you,” he said.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Wait,” he said and dig from his backpack. “Close your eyes, IU.”

 

I shook my head. “No. Why would I?”

 

“Aish, stubborn girlfriend. Just close your eyes.”

 

I giggled then closed my eyes. “What are you going to give me, Banana?”

 

I heard him chuckle. “Now, open your eyes.”

 

I didn’t. I was teasing him.

 

“Yaah! IU, open your eyes.”

 

“No, I won’t,” I said and giggled.

 

“Fine. I’ll just break this and throw it away!”

 

I gripped on his shirt and slowly opened my eyes. I gaped when I saw what it is. A mini version of the park, with a great highlight on the bench we used to sit on and the fountain. Seated on the bench are me and Luhan.

 

Tears formed in my eyes and next thing I knew, I was crying. He immediately put the mini park down and wiped my tears away. I hugged him.

 

“Luhan-sshi, thank you. No one has made me feel this special and happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I said, crying.

 

He chuckled to my childishness and caressed my back. “I’ll do anything to make you happy . . . because my time is running out.”

 

I pulled away. “What do you mean your time is running out?”

 

“We’re going to graduate, aren’t we?” I nodded. “So, I’m gonna cherish my left time with you. I love you, IU.”

 

“I love you, too, Luhan.”