CHAPTER 11

My Snowman

IU's POV

 

 

Two days before the Winter Party and I still don't know what to wear. I feel like not going but I know Myungsoo will feel bad and think of me as a rude person. I want to go but I don't have anything to wear. I don't know what kind of dress I would wear that'll suit the theme. The theme is 'Ice Princess'.

 

I don't know about it. I am not Jessica Jung who's really gorgeous without even trying. I'm juts the simple IU that is living in a simple life.

 

I sighed. "What's with the long face?"

 

I looked up and saw Luhan Oppa. I gave him a genuine smile and gave him space to sit on. We're in the garden of the school and I'm freezing because of the cold wind. The snow's coming, that's why.

 

"Are you cold?" I simply nodded and I was surprised he took off his coat and handed it to me. "Wear this," he said and smiled.

 

I shook my head, knowing that he'll get cold if I get it. "No, you should wear it. It's yours."

 

He chuckled and put the coat around me. "Stubborn. I wonder why Myungsoo likes you."

 

"What? Myungsoo likes me?"

 

He looked at me, shocked. "Why? Aren't you together?" I automatically shook my head as a no. "Then, what's your relationship?"

 

"Oppa, we're just friends. We're still getting to know each other, I guess." I explained and I was greeted with his smile.

 

"Really?" I nodded.

 

"Really, really, really. And I think I'm still young for that. I still want to finish my high school and hope I'll do great. I want to help Aunt Jonghee and Uncle Yonghwa. Suzy's parents."

 

He smiled and patted my head. "Yes. You still are. Your plan's great. That's right."

 

We then became silent but a question fromed in my mind so I asked Luhan Oppa.

 

"Oppa, what's your relationship with Hara? I see you know each other."

 

He looked up and turned to me after, "Me and Hara? We're cousins. Hara's the only daughter of my mom's sister."

 

"Hmm. I see." Suddenly, I missed my parents. Umma, Appa, why did you leave me? I miss you so much. God knows how much I missed the both of you. Mama, Papa, i love you so much. I love you. I know we'll meet again and I'm waiting for that very day. Pa, I'm singing still. I'm keeping my promise and that promise will not fade.

 

Out of a sudden, I felt a finger on my cheek. "Luhan Oppa?"

 

"Why, IU?" He asked, referring to the tear escaped my eye. Tears started to fall but he wiped those away. Soon enough, I'm crying. I'm missing my parents so much.

 

He grabbed me for a hug to stop me from crying and I didn't protest. I need someone right now and that someone is Luhan Oppa. I cried until I finished. I pulled away and wiped my drenched with tears face. "I'm sorry. I just thought of something. I need to go Oppa. Myungsoo must be looking form me right now," I said and stood up.

 

I took of the coat and handed it to him, "Thank you, Oppa. You're a good person. Bye!"

 

I ran to my destination.

 

~

 

 

"Soo Hyun!" I called when I saw him walking in the building. He looked at me and walked near me.

 

"Hey IU, what's up?"

 

"I'm looking for Myungsoo. Have you seen him? I'm a bit worried. He skipped a class period. Do you have an idea on where he would  be right now?"

 

He shook his head and said, "I'm sorry, I don't. I wasn't aware he skipped a class. there must ne something bad happened. But try looking for him at their house. Have you been there?"

 

I shook my head as an answer.

 

"Ajumma Li St. The white gate, the big house. I'm sorry I can't come with you. The principal's seeing me in a munute."

 

"It's okay. Thank you!" I ran as fast as I could to the said street and looked around for a big house with a big white gate. It's easy for me because there's only one house that has a white gate and I bet it's theirs.

 

I walked to the gate and rang the door bell. A security guard opened it for me. "Yes? May I help you?"

 

"Ah, yes. Is Myungsoo here?"

 

"Neh. Are you his friend?"

 

"Ah, neh. I am. Can I come in? I asked, shyly.

 

"Ah, sure. Please come in." The guard led me to the receiving area. The house is pretty big compared to the house of Suzy's but it feels empty in here. I sat on the couch when a maid said so and went upstairs to call Myungsoo.

 

I let my eyes looked around the interior and I smiled when I saw a photo of Myungsoo, a baby photo to be exact. I was lost looking at it but footsteps interrupted me. In any minute, I saw Myungsoo standing behind me.

 

"Oppa!" I ran to him and hugged him tightly. "Why did you skipped school? You made me worry, know that?" I asked, whilst hugging him.

 

Then I felt his arms around me and I found myself smiling. A moment later, I pulled away. I saw a smiling Myungsoo looking at me.

 

"Why are you smiling like a crazy person, Oppa?"

 

He chuckled which is so cute. "None. I just... how did you know my add?"

 

"Ah! Soo Hyun told me and tana!! Fairy Lee IU is here to know what Myungsoo Oppa's problem is!" I exclaimed which made him chuckle again. "You're so cute, Oppa. Why don't you smile?"

 

And I saw a genuine smile on his face. "Yay! Looking more handsome," I commented.

 

He laughed and I'm glad he did. "I'm handsome to you, really?" He asked.

 

I nodded saying, "Neh, neh, neh."

 

He patted my head and said, "You never fail to amaze me." I don't know why but I blushed which is really rare. Then I heard his laugh. I glared at him.

 

"IU, you're so cute!" He pinched my cheeks and it hurts so I glraed at him even more intense.

 

"Awww~"

 

He grabbed my had and made me sit on the couch beside him. "Juice? Anything?" I shook my head. "Okay."

 

"Why did you skipped school?"

 

He looked at me, "You were with Luhan. Why? Explain." I was surprised but I saw no anger. He just wants an answer, I guess.

 

I breathe in and out. "Hmm, yes. He happened to pass by and he saw me. He sat beside me, we talked about some stuff. And-- wait! Why does it concern about you skipping school? What's the connection?"

 

"None. Just want to know. Don't be so mushy with or else I'll hit him, " he threatened.

 

"OPPA!" I squealed.

 

"Yaah! IU, your voice!" He said, covering his ears.

 

"Why would you hit him? Luhan---"

 

"Because you're mine."

 

That line shut me up and I just looked at him. What's the meaning of that? Am I his because he likes me? Or I'm his because it's my punishment.

 

He caressed my cheek saying, "IU, remember you are mine and no one can take you away from me."

 

Shock was written all over my face. I just stared at him. the he continued, "And because... I--I'm... I-I L--li--lik... ugh!"

 


"What's happening to you Oppa?"

 

But I was surprised he grabbed me and hugged me really tight. My eyes widened. the he rested his head on my shoulder.

 

"No matter what happens, just hold on... hold on to me. No matter what happens, just don't let me go... promise me, IU. Promise me..."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been months since I updated and it's because my laptop was burned together with our house. I hope you'll understand. BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO GIVES TIME TO READ MY STORY. A LOT LOVE COMING FROM ELLA TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! <3 :3

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! =)))