Almost There

My Snowman

 

 

IU's POV

 

Ayt. Why did Suzy wake me up so early? It was only 4 AM or maybe 5? 

 

I got down from my bed and headed downstairs for Suzy just kept on crying out my name over and over again. I understand we have school right now but it was just too early. Our class starts on 8:30 AM, anyway.

 

"Suze? Why did you-- Oh! Jiyeon? What brought you here? And wha---" 

 

"IU, she's being stalked." Suze explained. I rushed to the couch and sat beside them. I was so sad to see the beautiful Jiyeon looking so helpless and stressed like this. I was comforting her but she kept on crying silently.

 

Suzy explained to me how Jiyeon came here. It was pretty bad for Jiyeon because even in her room, she's being watched. It's been one week since the stalker started his or maybe her evil intention. They didn't know who was the stalker because he/she always left with no trace. He/She only sent her pictures and videos. Even chocolates and flowers, Jiyeon had received that. 

 

"Ji, is the stalker a boy?" I asked. Jiyeon gave me a small nod as she wiped those tears and sat properly. She got his legs up and hugged them.

 

"Yes. A he," she answered. It confirmed my thought.

 

"Don't you think he's a suitor?" Suzy asked for me.

 

"I don't know. If he's a suitor, he should have introduced himself to me and not just scared me like this," she said, angrily. She's really scared.

 

"Can we report this to the police?" Suzy asked her and she was alarmed for a moment. Her eyes widened.

 

"No no no. we can't. He's th-threatening m-me," she finall said, stuttering. And tears began to escape his eyes again. I comforted her and not knowing what else to do. It's pretty bad for her and I also felt really bad.

 

After what had Jiyeon told us, we let her stayed for awhile before we go to school. Atleast she didn't skip school and gone with us. We decided to let her stay in our apartment until the stalker is gone. How I wish.

 

We were about to enter the building but someone called me.

 

"IU!"

 

We stopped and I looked around. I was shocked to see Myungsoo running happily to me. He was running and smiling? Can someone please explain this to me? I'm just kidding.

 

He was catching his breath when he approached me. "Oppa, why did you run? You see? You're tired." I put my hand on his shoulder, worried. Even though he was tired, he still looked so handsome.

 

"I wanna catch with you," he answered. He looked at Jiyeon and Suzy who were so confused of what was happening infront of them. "Oh, hi Jiyeon and Suzy," he greeted them with a smile on. The two seemed to have something running in their head. They're confused. He looked at me and said,

 

"So, let's go? The principal has an announcement to make," he said. To my surprise, he took my hand and we were finally entering the building. We were walking, holding each other's hand. I was glancing back to see Jiyeon and Suzy. Suzy mouthed a question. I think it was 'what is this?'. So I said, 'nothing'.

 

I finally looked around and they were staring at both of us. Oh, my God. I looked up to see Myungsoo smiling and not minding the students around us. He led us to the gymnasium and I wasn't informed that we have a meeting. Psh.

 

I swear, their stares were killing me. I never wanted more attention and all. We entered the gymnasium and gone rightside of it. "So, let's sit there. I have my bestfriend with me, is it okay?" He didn't ask me. He asked Jiyeon and Suzy behind us and they just nodded. I was still dumfounded of what was happening that all of the students' attention were fixed on me. 

 

We gone to where his bestfriend was. He seemed a happy person and Myungsoo is now a happy person. Can I say that?

 

"L!" The boy called out as he saw us, or maybe Myungsoo. L? It was his nickname, wasn't?

 

"Hey Soo Hyun," Myungsoo said. He didn't let my hand go. Jiyeon and Suzy were on my side. 

 

Suzy whispered as Myungsoo and Soo Hyun kept talking to each other. "IU, are you two?... t-together?" I automatically shook my head. We aren't together.

 

"So, this is Soo Hyun. Soo Hyun this is them," Myungsoo introduced as to him and what's with 'them'?

 

"Hi, Suzy?" He said to Suzy. Ohmy? What's happening? I looked at Myungsoo.

 

He whispered, "He has a crush on Suzy." He smiled and he was still holding my hand.

 

"Hi." Suzy said, shortly. Soo Hyun turned to Jiyeon who was looking at him really bad. That's Jiyeon. But she's kind and really really kind.

 

"Hi Jiyeon. You're scary in person," Soo Hyun joked. Jiyeon glared at him and soon she rolled her eyes.

 

"I wasn't aware of your existence. Sorry I'm not sorry," she said and we laughed because Soo Hyun seemed to be embarrassed. You can't hide Jiyeon isn't a strong woman. She is. 

 

He turned to both of us and said, "So, here's IU?" He asked Myungsoo. I was confused of how come he knew me. Myungsoo nodded. Soo Hyun looked at me and said, "Hi IU. I really waant to court you."

 

Shock was written all over my face. Sht. No. That's a big no no no. "Hey Soo Hyun, she's mine."

 

My heart skipped a beat. What? Hmm. Why did it surprise me? Yeah sure, I'm his. That was what he told me, right? Because I warned him and the consequence will be I'm going to be his, so here! Don't be shock or give another meaning to it, IU. Its... just.. I don't know.

 

Since we became closer, I grew this unfamiliar feeling. Every night, I keep on thinking of him and the day we were together. I... I don't get it. All I know is, I want to be with him. I want his presence. But if it's love, will he catch me? Will he catch me if I fall? 

 

Stupid, IU! It's not like that. It's not. He's still inlove with Hara. Can't you see that? Are you sure you're falling for him? Almost there? 

 

I need to stop myself. We are just FRIENDS, aren't we? He treats me like a friend. 

 

The meeting was dismissed. And we were here in the cafeteria and we sat together. Jiyeon was infront of me while Suzy was on her right side and Soo Hyun on the rightside of Suzy. We, Myungsoo and I, were fronting them. Jiyeon seemed to be quiet but she still keeps on barking with Soo Hyun. I think she hates him.

 

On the other hand, Soo Hyun kept on bugging the hell out of Suzy.

 

"Soo Hyun, if you'll not stop with your stupid song, I'm gonna kick you off," Jiyeon warned him and he looked at Jiyeon who was glaring at him.

 

"Jiyeon, you're pretty but you're so mean," Soo Hyun complained, in gay tone. We laughed but not Jiyeon.

 

"I'm only mean to you, stupidhead."

 

I looked at Suzy who was staring at me. She's not mad but I don't know. Then she spoke, "Myungsoo, are you two together?"

 

Myungsoo stopped and galnced at me. He fixed his eyes on Suzy and said, "Yes, maybe, no. In the middle?" He smiled, showing his dimple. But what? Hmm, see, IU? He's not.

 

I was hurt alittle? Maybe a lot. I just can't see why I'm developing this kind of feelings towards him. I just don't get it. You love with no concrete reason, right? That's what most of people say.

 

The topic gone off for Soo Hyun was asking Suzy and Jiyeon interrupting his stupidity. I was quiet, looking at three of them. But I think, Myungsoo noticed. He leaned to me.

 

"IU, are you okay?" I looke dup and I saw him, worried. I gave a small smile and shook my head.

 

"I'm okay, Oppa." No I'm not. I felt like crying. Stupid! Don't cry. You're going to make a scene.

 

The door swung open and O was shocked to see Luhan Oppa who was with Hara. They were walking together. It was only Hara and him, no other girls. They passed by our table but then,

 

"IU?"

 

I looked at him and said, "Luhan Oppa!" Hara was still beside him, looking at Myungsoo. I got a glimpse on Myungsoo and he can't look at Hara.

 

"IU-sshi, I can see something," he smiled, playfully. He was referring to Myungsoo. I told him Myungsoo was mean when we met.

 

"Luhan Oppa, it's not like that. It's good you transferred," I said. I saw Hara just standing there, quiet. I think she's not that mean or bad. She just stood there looking at Myungsoo, still,

 

He gave me a smile, "Yeah. By the way, I haven't seen you at the park."

 

"Hmm, I forgot to visit that place. Mianhe," I said and was smiling.

 

Hara interrupted the both of us, "Excuse me, Luhan, we need to go to the principal's office. IU-sshi, excuse us." She said, politely. I wasn't use to her kindness. She's kind. I can see that. But I thing there's a reason behind her being a mean girl.

 

"Okay, Hara." He said and looked at me, "See you around IU. I am looking forwar for your promise!: He said and walked away with Hara beside her. What's with them? Are they together, or what? Hmm, good to seeLuhan again.

 

When I got back my attention to my friends, they were staring at me.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"You know Luhan? Hara's nice to you? Promise Luhan? What's with all of those, IU?" Jiyeon asked me and iwas shocked to see all of their attentions were on me. I looked at Myungsoo but he was unfocused.

 

"It's a surprise Hara treated you nicely. As far as I know, she's mean." Soo Hyun added.

 

"I don't know about Hara but it's good. About Luhan Oppa? We met at the park when I... I cried. And just then, we became friends. And can't you see? We look alike," I said with a smile on.

 

"Sure you're much beautiful than him." I hear Myungsoo said and I looked at him. I gave him my sweetest smile and from under the table, I took his hand.

 

"Well, thank you, Oppa." I said. He was taken aback when I held his hand but he gave me a smile. They didn't know. 

 

*

 

It was only us two. Just two of us walking down the road. Soo Hyu invited us to go around but we didn't go. Suzy and Jiyeon went with him. It was good there's Soo Hyun who could protect them.

 

"IU," he called me. I stopped and looked up at him. 

 

"Why, Oppa?" 

 

He took my hand and we started walking again. It was weird. He just held my hand then we walked. Next thing I knew, we went into a park. The park where Luhan and I met. I wondered why here.

 

Wesat on a bench fronting the slowly setting sunset. It was beautiful. We sat side by side and just kept on looking at the sunset. I was shocked when he put his arm around my shoulder. I could protest but, I didn't. After all, I'm falling for him. I am. I am almost there.

 

Just as the sunset finally set down, he spoke, "Just like the sunset, my feelings for Hara faded."

 

I looked at him and he fixed his eyes on mine. He smiled, a genuine one. I was just looking into those beautiful eyes. I'm happy but sad for Hara. "I finally let my feelings go. It gone down with the sun." 

 

"Oppa, sh-she still loves you, right?" I asked, hoping that he would say no. I maybe selfish or what, but that's what love makes us or turns us to be. Selfish.

 

He gave me a small smile which I assumed was rare. "Maybe, yes, no. Somewhere in the middle," he said. i didn't get why he always answers like that. I don't get it.

 

I looked at the view. I looked away because I don't want him to see something--to see I'm falling. I don't. "IU," he called out and I turned to him.

 

"Am I that harsh to others?" He asked me. I smiled a little because he realized.

 

"Yeap. But not today," I answered. He chuckled and I miss that, so much. I just looked at him and he's so handsome, really.

 

"I'm trying to be a warm-hearted person, IU."

 

"Well, it's good, Oppa. But I'm missing the cold one," I said. It's weird I'm missing the cold Myungsoo. Maybe that's how we met, right? That's how I met him. He, being cold to me.

 

I don't wanna be cold to you, IU. You're so precious," he said and it fluttered my heart. I blushed, but I didn't mind. 

 

"I'm precious? You want to protect me, then?" It was a brave question. Woah! It just came naturally. He chuckled.

 

"Yeah. I want to protect you. I want to  always look after you."

 

Again, I smiled at him. I pinch his cheeks and said, "You are so cute, Oppa!" Then I got up for he's going to pinch me also. I ran so fast so that he couldn't catch me and all. We kept running like kids does. When I'm with him, I am being me. I don't have to hide any part of me. I let him see the part of me that weren't that pretty. That's how you show yourself to the one you love. you don't hide anything so that he can accept who you really are.

 


 

HI! I'm now feeling well. This chapter was written with all my heart because I am so inlove.

But then, I'm not sure if he's feeling the same way towards me. It hurts to know that I'm not sure.

Yeah, he always smiles when he sees me but our status? Just acquaintance, maybe. I just love that man.

But sometimes, you should bear in mind that in order for him to fall inlove with you,

you should show the real you. And when he noticed you, God knew what's going to happen next.

You can be FRIENDS or LOVERS.

Whatever the outcome, accept it for God has someone to catch you and love you.

Yrs,

Ella.

 

You can always ask for my advice :)