Chapter 22

Pink Tape : First Love

F(x) - Ending Page Please listen to the song as you read this ! Thank you ! Keep repeating it !

 


Kai walked alone, after his last class for the day ended. He looked around, nobody was there excluding some students who were staying for extra classes. The university became shallow. Since the day Jin Ae walked home from school, he can't processed everything he learned at all for that day. Since the little girl said that she saw Hana's picture on their 2010's graduation's book. Was it the real Hana or just someone that looked like Hana. Jin Ae could be a little confused with people's faces. But for now, he need to hope that the girl in the graduation book is the real Hana. He can't give up just like this.

 

He has been searching for Hana since the day she left the village. He can't just erased the memories he made with her. Including when Namsun kicked them out from his house. Who did he thinks he are ? All of the time, Kai admired the said male a lot. He always wanted to have the faith to talk with him since the day he saw Namsun at the river, playing alone. Why he liked him ? It's because he thought it would be great to befriend with the male. He is smart, rich, good-looking and polite in front of the elders. He always stalked on him behind the wall. Everytime he saw Namsun smiled, he would say, I want to smile like him someday.

 

Namsun was his idol. He wanted to get closer to the male even when he saw Hana but the said male pushed him away like he was a rag. Still, he doesn't gave up. He thought, maybe Namsun was tired that's why he didn't wanted to talk with him. But, since the day Namsun encountered with him after the scene where he kicked Hana from the house, all of his good talks about him gone. Dissappeared into ashes. Now, he knew why Namsun hates to talk with him. All of the rich peoples are the same, he thought. He knew why he said bad things about his own name. The differences between rich and poor. It was the things that makes them different.

 

Kai also think about nothing but why did he said such things to Krystal. He never wanted to but, he has went so far. Yes, he did do that because of his grades but he really has went so far untill it makes him can't watched Krystal with the male. Who is his name once again ? Song Jihye or Jihoon ? Something like that, he thought. He sighed, messing his hair and walked to Krystal's secret garden. He smiled as the familiar scent went to him, welcomed him. He walked to a lavender's pot and touched them. Lavender is his second favourite flowers.

 

He smiled. Maybe some of them would call him a gay for liking flowers but the reasons he started to like them was because of Hana. The first time he met him, he thought that her face is so gorgeous and it looked like a rose. Red rose. Her long black hair shone under the sun like a sunflower and smelt like jasmines. Her voice which is so sweet like a sweet lullaby to him. He can sleeps while listening to her sweet voice.  Her soft hands felt like babybreath, so soft. He wanted to hug her so bad and tell her what he thought of her but he can't. The girl might thought he is a weirdo.

 

For a few weeks, he watered the flowers for Krystal. He knew that she was busy for the past weeks since he always saw her walked in and out from the library with a lot of books. Her eyes looked like she doesn't have enough sleeps. So, he just showing his kindness and the way he asked for a forgiveness. For saying something in front of her. For making her heart scratched a bit that makes her doesn't talked with him anymore. He grinned as he stared at the rose in front him. Because of him, the almost dead rose came back to live. Because of him. "What are you doing here ?" A voice asked him as he touched another flower.

 

Kai turned around and saw Krystal crossing her arms in front of her chest. Her eyes looked like she was mad or something that makes her eyes watery a bit. The male rubbed his nape nervously. He was supposed to keep it a secret but he want to let her knew that he was the one who watered the flowers so that she won't be worried. "I .. was just looking around here." He replied, blinked his eyes in fears. He wanted to hug Krystal who was tearing at the moment but he can't, knowing the barrier between them. They are not friends, they're only friends in the cafe. Krystal's tears slided down her cheeks but the girl doesn't sobbed or anything, she just let them went down untill her jaw.

 

"Did you know .." Krystal bited her lips, disappointed. Not at Kai but at herself. She shouldn't putted all of the notes at each of the pots with her real name at the first place. She shouldn't do that. Now, Kai knew. "Did you know who is the girl written at all of the notes ?" Krystal makes a decision to just tell the truth to the male. She can't lied when he was about to know everything. Kai knitted his eyebrows, what name ? He thought and blinked innocently. "What ? " Kai asked, his left hand went to one of the pots. He took a pot and saw a note. He doesn't even knew there was a note on the pot.

 

Krystal looked at Kai weirdly. Why is he just looking at it now ? Didn't he looked at it before ? The girl widened her eyes as she just realised that the said male doesn't even read the note neither noticed it. Her lips trembled. She just told him the truth ! Kai muttered as he read the words one by one. Krystal's legs can't moved at all. Her body frozed at the place where she was standing at. The male browsed his eyebrow when it came to the last words and the girl trembled more. The . Suddenly, a call interupted them. Kai sighed and putted the pot back at it's place. He picked it up and Krystal's phone also rang. 

 

Kai widened his eyes. "What ?! Hospital ?! Okay ! I will come now !" Kai ignored Krystal and just ran out from the garden. Krystal gaped at the scene while she slided her phone's screen, unlocking it. "Yes unnie. What ? They're back ? Okay !" Krystal also ran out from the garden hurriedly. She pressed her lips together while running, leaving the flowers unwatered for the day.

 

 


 

"Eomma ! Appa !" Krystal squeled a little as she stepped in the house. She smiled. The most innocent smile ever. The first day that her parents after two years lived at other's countries. They did emailed and called but it doesn't feel real at all. She wanted to see them everyday, like other childrens. Waking up with her mother as her alarm. Eating the breakfast with her mother, father and her sister. Together. That's the word she always hoped for. Now, it came true. Her parents in front her, smiling at her.

 

She kicked her boots from her feets and ran to her mother, hugged her lovingly. How much she longed for her scent. She closed her eyes, hoping that it wasn't a dream. She then opened her eyes and stared at her father. She released her hug and went to her father, kissing him at the cheeks. She missed all of this. All which means all. Her parents laughed at her childish acts and patted her head. Krystal grinned like a child and sat between them, hugging her mother endlessly. "Stop doing that to my mom, pig." Jessica walked out from the kitchen with a tray of tea and cookies. Krystal pouted and stared at her mother.

 

"Eomma, you really come back don't you ? Or this is a dream ?" Krystal asked dreamily, pinching her cheek harshly. Her mother grabbed her hand and patted it with both her hands, smiling. "Yes, I am but you know.. that we can't stay long." Her mother said sadly, pouting. Krystal gaped then stared at her father, "No ! You can't do this ! You have gone for God's sake two years and now you just come back saying that you can't stay for at least a year ?!" Krystal stood up.

 

Her father grabbed her wrist, "Hana .. actually we have a lots of works and it was your mother's idea to come back because we both miss you so, let's just spend our time ?"  Her father pleaded her with sad puppy eyes. Her mother nodded, hoping she would understand. Jessica sat on the couch, sipping the tea while watching the tv , not caring about them. She is okay with it because she have a lots of concerts and sometimes near her parents's house at the country which makes her can visit them any time. But Krystal. She missed them and now they're back but only for a few days or maybe one day. It hurts her so much.

 

Krystal stared at her parents then shook her head, pushing her father's grip. "I don't want to trust you ! You always been like this ! Can't you just be like other parents in this world ? Be with their childrens whenever we need you ? But you're always with your works and such ! I missed you like crazy but did you ever care ? People said bad things about me and Jessica unnie but have you ever be beside us, saying that it just a words from a person who jealous with us ?! I really want at least you could be our parents for just a year like the other parents ! It is not bad considering the last two years you left us, right ?!" Krystal trembled.

 

She stared at her parents's face then looked aside. She sighed, messing her hair. The red hair girl walked to her room, locking it. She missed them so damn much but they seemed like they never care at all. All of their emails and calls were all just about study and the house. Never once they asked about her life as a college student. She walked to her bed, throwing her bag at the other side of the bed. She spread her hands on the bed, her chest breath heavily. She just wanted them to be with her for one year. One damn year.

 

 


 

Kai ran in the Seoul Hospital. He ignored his sweats falling down his forehead. All of the patients stared at him weirdly. Running around with his school bag. He doesn't cared at that time. He need to find his one and only younger sister. The one that always annoyed him everywhere and anywhere. He got a call from Sehun saying that Jin Ae passed out in front of the school with her nose bleeding. He knew it. He didn't blamed Chanyeol or the others for begging him to send her to the school. He blamed himself because he knew it.

 

He knew that a time like this would come. He knew that Jin Ae would passed out like this. Because Jin Ae never brought any of the medicine that she should bring with her to the Seoul. The girl never told him anything about her medical check up. She never told him anything because she never do it. He knew and he was about to ask her that day but it seems too late.

 

He arrived at her room and panted heavily. His hair was messed like he just done running for a marathon. He did. He peeked at the glass of the window and saw Chanyeol, Sehun, Tao, Baekhyun, Lay and Suho taking care of her. It's all his fault, he thought. For not taking care of her. For not paying attention at her. He stared at Lay who was pretending to treat her with his power as the unicorn, healing. He slided his back down the wall, his lips trembled in fear. Afraid that she wouldn't be with him anymore. Afraid that he couldn't fulfilled his promise to take care of Jin Ae with his parents. Afraid that Hana would hate him for letting Jin Ae like that. Afraid that Jin Ae's laughs, smile, touch would gone just like Hana. His tears rolled down his cheeks. 

 

He afraid that this would be an ending page for Jin Ae's story. Ending page for her novel. He gritted his teeth as his tears streamed out from his eyes. He breathed heavily. That time, the both of them cried. Hana and Kai cried because of their loved ones. They afraid that they would gone in front of their eyes. Without they realised, it seems far. Far from their loved ones. They ignored their tears and kept on crying. Hoping that this will be a dream when they wake up in the morning. A bad dream. Good thing gone bad.