Chapter 11

Pink Tape : First Love

Juniel - Illa Illa

 


Krystal sat at her usual place. The university garden that others students doesn't go to. At the past, the garden was a mess. Flowers that have to bloom, died. Dried leaves everywhere. The garden was abandoned after the director builded a new big garden near the field. The take good care of the new garden but not the old one. After comes the better, they forget the old. Just like mans and , humans.

 

After Krystal suddenly stepped inside the old garden. Somehow, she felt a bunch of guilt drove in her chest.She has been loving flowers all this time. Looking at the dead flowers, make her heart died. After thinking through, she cleaned up all the mess and waters the flowers everyday without leaving any sighs. She doesn't threw the died flowers, yet she kept it safely and treats its just like the new flowers. If one person's heart died, it doesn't mean the body died too.

 

And now, the garden has became a Vintage like garden that suits her taste. Everything in the garden is white and only the flowers made the garden alive. Every break, she would eat there. But, at other exceptions when her friends pulled her to eat with them in the cafeteria, she would have to leave her flowers. Before that, she would waters them, making haer friends wondered, How can a girl that everyone says cold, Ice-Princess loves flowers and takes care of flowers like her ? Dude, she even works out this old garden.

 

It's summer but yet freezing. She wore a red sweater and a white jeans. This is her real style. Not like the other girls that would even wear a skirt in the freezing day. Her hair yet straight and long covered her face. The latter was covering her face with her arms and trying to take a nap on the graden's white table. Her mind drove somewhere, Guardian Angel to Jae Min.  First of all, she have to know her real life.

 

She have to be close with her just like the old times. The girl sighed. How ? The three letters spinned through her mind. How is she going to even say hi to that girl. If she is going to say something even a single 'hi' to that girl, all she got was always a glare. It has been a week since her bet with Jae Min. She only left with three more weeks to end the bet and ask the girl about their friendship and to stop the rumors about her family.

 

She sat up straightened her back. Looked around. The yellow bird caught her attentions. It was staring at her and vice versa. The girl blinked her eyes and watched as the bird flew from the garden. Sigh escaped her lips. She felt her bangs covering her eyes that she began blowing it out from her sight. Why did she even dyed it red ? Tch, because 'my boy' likes my old black hair. 

 

Her childhood 'boyfriend' always said that her black hair is beatiful and he even wants her to grow it long. Yet, she did but then it hits her that her 'boyfriend' leaves her without any news.

 

"Do you really have to leave me ?" the tenth years old boy asked Hana, touching her hair. Hana nodded while pouting, "I have to. You saw right that Master Go and his family kicked me out from the house." The boy sighed. For a tenth years old girl, she is smart.

 

"I really doesn't understand Master Go. Sometimes, he is happy and sometimes he isn't." The boy hanged his head down, looking at the water that flow along the valley. "Me either but, I've heard my parents said about leaving for a long time." Hana said, looking at the boy.

 

"But, if you leave, who would be 'my girl' ?" The boy asked sadly, still looking at the water. Hana bited her lips and held the boy shoulder, "There is no one. I will always be 'my girl' and you will always be 'my boy'. Don't worry, we will come back once Master Go and his family are calm." Hana tried to convince him. But then, he held Hana's hand tightly, "But, who will hear what I'm going to say ?"

 

Hana raised her eyebrows, "What is it ? You can tell me now." The boy sighed, "I.. like you.." "Really ? I like you too." Hana smiled. "No. It's not just as friends. Something else.." The boy pouted. Hana knew what is it and just smiled, playing with his hair. "Me too." She said, making the boy gasped. "Then, you will be 'my girl' forever, right ?" The boy beamed.

 

"I .. dont.. know.." The girl pulled away from the boy and pouted. "Hana, do you remember our time capsule ?" The boy asked, calling her with her real name. Hana nodded, "If you come back, make sure you visit it and will write a lot of letters then keep it in the time capsule, uh ?" The boy grabbed Hana's hands.

 

The girl her lips and nodded, "I will."

 

Krystal smirked. Stupid love story. How can a child like him knew about love ? Yet, the girl doesn't break her promise and went visit the time capsule every summer break. She can't go when she is still underage. A underage girl travel to her hometown by a bus alone. Is that impossible. Even she can't, she would wrote a letters like it's her daily diary. She wrote it untill she is fifteenth years old and when it was summer break, she would walk to the time capsule place.

 

The egg-like can that she made with the boy's younger sister, Master Go and the boy. It was buried under a big tree that they always played together. After another year past, she ran back to the time capsule, hoping her 'boyrfriend' would reply her letters. But then, the time capsule emptied. No letters no other things that they buried together. If he really know loves, he would reply and won't forget me.

 

Bells rang, noticed that it's time for class. She growned and stood up, leaving the garden with a heavy footsteps.

                                                  10.03.2013-

                                                        Jung Hana's here. Hoping the day will be bright for you.

A white note was left by Krystal at the lavender's pots.

 

    

Kai heard Jae Min's story. About her father's resignation. But still, he doesn't get it. What is the thing that Krystal's father threated to her father untill he resigned ? He just shooved the thoughts out of his mind and continue listening. Kai was in the cafe with Jae Min. He brought her there to make her felt secured. She somehow regretted trying to commit suicide and was crying her heart out at Kai. "You are my savior. Thank you" She muttered, sobbing.

 

Kai nodded awkwardly. Wow, savior ? Of course he feel proud but he thought that he shouldn't. It's his responsibility after all. He sipped his coffee then stared at the now plump eyes girl, her eyes that always escaped a tear. She seems like she is weak and need someone to protect her. "So, now you're imployed ?" The male asked, earning a nod from her. He looked around and saw the cafe will soon crowd with customers but no, without Krystal, there will be only girls in the cafe.

 

"Wait. I have to do my chores for awhile." Kai said, excusing himself to take a girl student's order. Jae Min nodded and looked at her surroundings trying to recap what just happened to her.

 

She opened the letter that was given by the landlord and the director of the university. She wasn't able to pay her house for two months. A sigh escaped and she threw it away. She read the university's letter. Three months. She threw it too. She her lips. How difficult her life can be ?

 

As she was about to walk away, a pain ran through her body. The latter sat on the stairs in front of her class. She untied her shoes and looked at her bruised left leg. She touched it and whinced slightly. "Damn that and her friends. I didn't want to give her my ing right answer in the exam and she let her anger to my body ? Useless."

 

She bited her lips and tried to stand up but then failed. Her head hitted the wall. Tears and anger escaped her innocent body. Why does her life turned upside down like this ? She doesn't do anything that makes her deserves all of this. In her uncontious mind, she walked slowly to her locker and that's where the 'commit suicide' scene starts to occure.

 

"Stupid. Even if you die, there will be hell waiting for you." She chuckled then bited her lips. Restraining herself from crying again. She sighed, a loud sigh. Letting out her frustration with the sigh. She closed her eyes and breathed nervously. Her tears, came out. Stupid, stubborn tears !

 

"Jae Min ?" A voice shooted her eyes opened. Krystal was in front of her with her barista-like uniform. Jae Min confusedly looked at the latter. "what are you doing here ?" Krystal asked, making Jae Min gaped . Yeah, what is she doing there ? Waiting for Kai ? Why ? She lost in her own thoughts that filled with questions and frustration.

 

"This is a cafe. Public use, for your own information." Jae Min cleared and then looked at the girl in front her head to toes. "You work here ?" She asked. Krystal nodded and crossed her arms. "Why here ?" Jae Min asked. "This cafe is a public use, for your own information." Krystal mocked her.

 

"Hey you are here too, Krystal ? Anyway, Jae Min, Manager allows you to work here because there is a vacancy." Kai suddenly came making Jae Min and Krystal widened their eyes. "What ?!" The two little girls yelled. "Wo.. easy there.. I mean, you said you doesn't have any works and the land- !!#^!$%$^&!*&*&(*((!@" Kai stuttered or cursed? As Jae Min closed his mouth and went beside his ear. "Shut up, Kai." She whispered.

 

Krystal glared at them. Don't say that they're dating ? No. Heish No.. What do you care ? Krystal scolded her thoughts and kept a straight face. Jae Min sighed and thanks Kai. "I will start working tomorrow. Thank you once again." Jae Min grabbed her bag and walked away. She felt embarassed to Krystal. Really. She hided her red face because of the crying but she didn't now that she saw everything. Her tears, everything as Jae Min started to close her eyes.

 

And slided a tear from her eyes down her cheek. What seriously happen to you, Jae Min ?

 

  

Again today, Kai ended up sleeping after wrapping his origami paper to a ship shape. The ship is from a light blue color. No one knew that he wrote something at the paper before turning it to a ship.

 

When the warm and scented wind passes by my cheeks,I think of your face that i used to love.
When the wild, unknown flowers bloom hidden on the streets,I think of you, whom i hide away in my memories.
Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower.Blooming widely when spring comes,dazzling like a flower.Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced.Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love. When the stars drawn out on the night sky bring up your memories,
I take you out of my old diaries.
Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower.Blooming widely when spring comes,dazzling like a flower.Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced.Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love.I was young back then, i didn’t know any better.Now i think i will know.I call out to you as i draw you out.Seeing as a first love is painful, a first love is like a fever.Because after you are mindlessly sick, you become an adult.Because a first love can never be, a first love is lingering attachment.Because you can’t have it since you loved too much

 

Beside the wrotten origami paper, there are a photo of Hana in her fifteenth years old. And her letters that she always wrote like her daily diary.

To me, first love is what you experience without you knowing. The experience that will lingers in your heart, forever.

I love you forever, my boy .

-Jung Hana-