Trouble follow us everywhere

Sapphire Chaos

Author’s POV

The eleven boys, all feeling dull after the travel and the management through the huge crowd of fans, waiting for them at the arrival gates, they finally arrived to their hotel. There, they barely had time to put their luggage down in their rooms before the manager came, informing them that an interview would take place in an hour and that they needed to go now. All the members therefore immediately followed the manager down to the waiting cars that took them to the interview’s venue. Stressed and having rushed all the way from the landing of the plane Donghae had forgotten his phone in his messenger bag at the hotel. Without acknowledging this he carried on with the hair and makeup while his girlfriend, being hundreds of miles away from him, began to worry. She tried calling every member but heard the voicemails after the first tone, meaning their phones were off. It was evening now and while the girl paced back and forth in her apartment, the boys came back to the hotel to rest a few hours. In the morning they would go to the the location of their shoot for Hero’s music video. It was estimated to take about two-three days to complete the music video. For the rest of the days they spent in Japan, they would work for the Super Show concerts that would take place in many of the big cities of Japan. Also, they would do their photo shoot to the album. In order to complete this Super Junior would have to work from early in the morning to late in the evening. The managers needed the rehearsals in Japan to be finished for the tour to be able to continue straight from Korean’s concerts to the Japanese ones. The time frame would be hectic, tight and demanding for all of them. They were already feeling the pressure to meet and please ELF to the fullest.

When Donghae, around 23:30 in the evening, dropped down on his bed he heard a familiar sound buzzing from the messenger bag on the floor. He reached for it and fished up the phone from the inside pocket. At the name of the screen Donghae’s eyes widened as he recalled that he’d forgotten to send a text message to Kayla that they had arrived safely. He pressed the button to answer and was met by a deep, relieved sigh from the other end. He understood that the girl who had called him had been much more worried than he expected. He felt apologetic towards her, especially when he heard sniffles.

“Sweetheart?” he carefully spoke, using his softest voice to calm the girl down. “I’m so sorry I didn’t call,” he apologised desperately. He hated that he was the reason why the most precious person to him cried. “Kayla? Princess?” he called out. The sniffles eased up slightly and the breathing became more stable.

“Sorry, it was just very calming to hear your voice,” the girl breathed and let out a small nervous giggle. Donghae chuckled. His princess was just so adorable!

“I’m really sorry,” he apologised again, feeling truthfully sad over how this had turned out. “I forgot my phone at the hotel and we had to do an interview an hour after we had arrived so I forgot it,” Donghae explained. He heard Kayla giggle again at his forgetfulness that she found absolutely adoring. They had missed each other’s voices.

“It’s alright,” she assured him, knowing that there was no way she couldn’t not forgive him. “How did the interview go?” she wondered, slouching on the couch and playing with her hair.

“Hm…” Donghae hummed, avoiding Kayla’s question. “What are you doing?” he instead asked.

“Nothing special,” the answer came and his face lit up.

“Then I’ll see you on Skype in five minutes!” he told his princess and hung up without giving her the chance the protest, even though he had a feeling she would never do so. Donghae brought up his computer on the bed, started it, logging onto Skype and smiled when he saw his princess online. Her name appeared on the screen and Donghae quickly answered. He saw his princess’ cute face appear on his computer screen and he smiled from ear to ear now. Kayla giggled and waved to him.

“Hi!” she cooed. “I’ve missed your handsome face!” she squealed cutely. Donghae laughed loudly, covering his mouth from old idol habit. He took away his hand to reply her.

“I’ve missed your breathtaking smile,” Donghae said dorkily. He really was the cheesiest man on Earth and thankfully Kayla loved it!

“Now tell me how the interview went,” Kayla asked again, smiling widely.

“Ah… It went great. We talked about the tour and all which I guess is fun? Although, I’m not too sure about that. What I do know is that I don’t want to talk about the interview…” Donghae trailed. He scratched the back of his head.

“Then what is it you want to talk about?” Kayla wondered. She bit her lip in that sweet way she knew Donghae loved. Much like she had predicted Donghae did that special ‘shaking-his-head-amusing-while-smiling-wide-and-having-that-glimpse-in-his-beautiful-eyes’.

“I think we need to talk about us,” Donghae mumbled, seeming nervous for a reaction. Kayla who didn’t seem to understand what exactly he meant frowned curiously.

“Is there something wrong?” She sounded worried.

“Oh, no, no, no,” Donghae was fast to answer, remembering what happened the last time he had waited. “I just thought about this thing with a public relationship. I want to be sure that you will be able to handle it and that you know what will be coming to you,” Donghae explained. Kayla nodded but didn’t say anything so he carried on. “Kayla, are you certain you know what it means to date an idol?” Donghae said in one breath. Kayla’s frown grew and she looked down in her lap. moved but no words came out of it. How could she respond to that? She did kind of know how it’d be, however, what she knew didn’t calm her down. It terrified her! Kayla knew better than anyone how much Donghae thought about this and if he knew how scared she was then there was no way that he’d let the company make their relationship public. Then again, what if they didn’t? The company had said that for as long as Donghae ‘officially’ isn’t dating then there were no limits to what they could ask him to do. Not sure what they implied by that Kayla had responded that she would accept that. Now, thinking about it she began to feel different.

“Donghae… I’m scared…” she finally admitted. It was wonderful to let it out for once. “I heard that a girl who had hugged Nickhun had been attacked by extreme fans and my friend told me that he isn’t as popular as you and that any girl who dated you would be out of their minds by doing so!” Kayla blurted out. Donghae frowned, deeply alarmed over this news, and he felt grateful. Kayla had proven to him that she in fact did know what it would be like when she dated him. That she felt scared was reasonable, even expected almost. What girl wouldn’t be scared?

“That’s great,” Donghae told her. She looked up, her whole face read of confusion. Donghae smiled again. “It’s good that you’re scared, better than careless. I was afraid that you were that. If you’d been careless then the chock might’ve been too great for you, scaring you off. But now I can help you. Yesung hyung told me to talk to our manager and the CEO to give you lessons. Lessons that help you deal with the media, fans, the paparazzi and the endless questions. I promise you, Kayla, I would never let anything bad ever happen to you so you can be calm. I’m not leaving you on your own! That’s out of the question!  I brought you into this by making you fall in love with me so I’m going to pull you through it all,” Donghae said, seeing his princess take a deep breath. “Trust me. I’ll handle this.” Donghae’s confidence were at its high now that he and his princess were on the same level again. Kayla nodded.

“Thank you my prince,” she whispered, the emotions overwhelming her, causing a couple of tears to slip out. She dried them with a happy smile on her lips.

“You’re welcome princess,” Donghae replied. “You know I’d do anything for you,” he whispered back. For a single moment both of them were quiet, merely looking into each other’s eyes, like they often did when they were in the same room. The only sound in both their separate rooms was their breathing. Not even the computers made unnecessary sounds. Donghae’s and Kayla’s love oozed all the way over the sea to reach them. Both of them opened their mouths to say ‘I love you’ when the sound from the door opening chocked the couple. Donghae turned his head towards it, spotting his leader. Oh crap, he was in trouble now…

-

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Yah, Kyuhyun!” I called out from my bed, quite loud because when Kyuhyun played Star Craft and wore his headphones then no one was allowed to disturb him. I was trying my luck by doing so right now. Kyuhyun, completely into the game, heard nothing and I had to yell his name even louder, this time also adding a pillow to throw on him. His chocked expression once the pillow hit him quickly changed into a death glare. He reluctantly took off his headphones.

“What?” he questioned, being annoyed as hell. I ignored it.

“What about exploring the hotel? And for example finding the bar?” I suggested to Kyuhyun who thought about it for a while and then turned off the computer. I knew he loved wine and I had just started drinking too so he was on! I jumped out of bed and changed my shirt, fixed my hair and we went out of our room. We had to be careful because if Leeteuk found out that we were up… (Yes, he treats us like kids) then we’d be in serious trouble. When we arrived to the bar on the second floor, next to the restaurant, Kyuhyun and I grabbed two mugs of beer. There weren’t many people in the little bar, except for the bartender and a couple of guys that had the weirdest sounds coming out of their mouths that I’ve ever heard! I nudged Kyuhyun and told him to listen to their language. Kyuhyun nearly burst out in laughter upon hearing the guys talk.

“What language is that?” Kyuhyun whispered to me. After all, we weren’t certain if the guys by accident could understand Korean, no need to take that chance. I shrugged. The four guys seemed engaged into a discussion. They each had a glass of what looked like whiskey next to them.

“Maybe they’re European?” I asked Kyuhyun who nodded. Out of the blue one of the guys turned to us, giving us a wondrous gaze. Both of us turned back to our own drinks. “You think they got mad?” I mumbled to Kyuhyun. He made an attempt to glance over towards the table of guys.

“I don’t see them,” Kyuhyun muttered. I glanced towards the table too, only to discover that all the guys were gone.

“Oh…” I said. I had a bad feeling about this. I finished my beer and got up. “Let’s go,” I told Kyuhyun. He followed my lead and we walked back towards the elevators.

“That was weird,” Kyuhyun said as we turned the corner to get to the elevators. I had opened my mouth to chuckle but rapidly closed it again. Standing in front of us were the four guys. Judging by their faces, they were not happy whatsoever. Kyuhyun gulped next to me but nonetheless greeted them in his poor English. “Good evening gentlemen,” he said, every word cracking with accent.

“Why did you laugh?” the guy at the end to the left asked. I tried to figure out how to answer that question without sounding rude.

“We… um… didn’t laugh to you… I mean at you,” I corrected myself. The guys who were much taller than me and Kyuhyun stepped closer to us. All four of them looked threatening to me. I turned to Kyuhyun. “Run,” I told him in Korean. We made a run for it as fast as we could.

“Hey!” another one of the guys yelled after us. We refused to stop and continued up to our corridor where we stopped to catch our breath.

“What… do… you think… they wanted?” Kyuhyun breathed heavily. I shook my head, saying that I didn’t know neither did I want to find out. We stood by the end of the corridor, catching our breaths, before we walked towards our room. When we reached our room we to our horror saw how Leeteuk came out of Donghae’s room. Both of us got wide eyes and we stared at each other. Though, before we had decided on what to do Leeteuk had spotted us. He walked up to us.

“What are you doing up?” he crossed his arms while asking.

“We… went to find Sungmin and Siwon who has disappeared,” Kyuhyun trailed, but even so sounding quite convincing. Too bad Leeteuk was used to us disobeying him and lying to him that he only glared at the failed attempted made by Kyuhyun. Leeteuk sighed, knowing that the scolding wouldn’t help in the least. He let us go and we hurried back to our room, agreeing that we would never, ever, walk explore a hotel again. It was way too exhausting for us. Donghae, who had his room next to ours, was heard laughing through the wall. To this, Kyuhyun and I were both highly offended. Whatever Donghae did in there he should’ve been punished for it by Leeteuk! We exchanged glances and then at the same time we yelled.

“DONGHAE SHUT THE UP!” Followed by our scream a flash of a shriek could be heard from the other’s room. Understanding that we had frightened our poor fish, Kyuhyun and I burst out in hysterical laughter. Our door burst open and there stood no one else than Donghae.

“What the ?!” he shouted. “I’m talking to Kayla!”

“Well stop then,” Kyuhyun simply said, lying down on his bed. “We need to sleep,” he added.

“Yeah right… I heard your door open and close half an hour ago. You were out on an adventure,” Donghae said, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. I too lay down on my bed, observing Donghae who seemed smug about his discovery.

“We went to buy chocolate,” I lied. Donghae chuckled.

“Alright, whatever, good night,” he said then walked back to his own room. Kyuhyun continued to play his game without further due while I took pictures on my phone and posted them on Twitter. It took two or three more hours for us to actually go to bed and after that falling asleep. The next day would turn out to become even more exhausting than today…


Hi dear readers! Sorry for this short boring chapter! I just wanted to finish it so that I can move on in the story... Haha! Yeah... So, once again I'm sorry and I hope you don't leave me because of it! I'll make the next chapter much more fun! Promise! ^^ Okay, thanks! Love you all<3