Public Enemy Number 1

Once In A Lifetime

 

You wake up heading to school like every normal day. But when you get to school all eyes are on you every step you take, where you stop to change your shoes. You feel all eyes on you.

            You head to your class sitting in your seat as more eyes land on you. ‘Why is everyone staring at me? Did I do something wrong?’

            “Didn’t you see the internet this morning?” Taeyeon asks sitting in her desk next to you. “There was a huge huge story buzzing around everywhere!”

            “No what is it?” you ask her.

            “Read the article on my phone,” Taeyeon says. She hands you her phone with the article pulled up.           

            It reads –

            Breaking news Infinite’s L has a new love? And it’s a guy? Recently reporters had followed L back to someone’s house where it looked like he had been on a date. And we have taken a picture of him hugging this boy and kissing him on the cheek? We don’t know the guy’s name but since that picture hit the internet the Inspirits are in a frenzy trying to figure out who this guy is that L is dating

            “You’re the talk of the whole school,” Taeyeon says. “Since someone found out it was you.”

            “Oh my god,” you say sighing. “I don’t know what to say?”

            “How about answers,” a girl says entering the classroom followed by a cluster of girls. “Did L really kiss you and are you dating him? Answer us.”

            “Um,” you say. You’re extremely nervous with all these girls staring at you. And they do not look happy. “Well yes he did kiss me.”

            “Did you turn our oppa gay?” a girl asks. “What did you do to L?”

            “Nothing,” you say. “He kissed me.”

            “Yeah right,” a girl says. “Oppa is not gay. And he would never go for a guy like you. Stay away from L.”

            “I have to go,” you say getting up. You gather your stuff and leave the classroom getting your shoes exiting the school. ‘I have to get out of here.’ You run away from the school as the bell rings starting school.

            “Look it’s the guy that kissed L,” a girl says walking past you. “Stupid gay guy don’t steal our oppa.” Someone pushes you from behind making you fall. You’re about to hit the ground when a pair of arms grabs you protecting you.

            “Are you okay?” it’s Myungsoo. He has his arms wrapped around you. “Why did you push him?”

            “He’s the guy that kissed you,” a girl answers. “He doesn’t deserve you oppa.”

“You don’t deserve me,” Myungsoo says. “Don’t touch my boyfriend like that ever again. I like him a lot and if you’re a supporter of me, then you will respect my decisions. Leave.” The girls leave mumbling amongst themselves. “Let’s get out of here.”

Myungsoo helps you up leading you into a car.

            “Are you okay?” Myungsoo asks. “I saw the articles and everything.”

            “I’m fine,” you answer. “But it was uncomfortable with all those girls staring at me.”

            “That’s why I came to get you out of school,” Myungsoo says. “All over people are fuming at our date.”

            “I told you to be more careful,” you say. “I can’t go back to school, with all those mad fangirls.”

            “It’ll be okay,” Myungsoo says. “We just need to have the situation settle down and people want to meet you for interviews with me and stuff. Do you think you can spare a few days for this?”

            “I guess,” you answer. “But it’s not going to look good for you.”

            “I don’t care,” Myungsoo says. “I am happy with being your boyfriend. We’re almost to the TV broadcasting station okay?”

            “Fine,” you say settling down into your seat. You’re shaking with nervousness. You can’t face everyone saying you took one of the most liked K-pop idols of this time. Especially to all of his fans.

            “Relax,” Myungsoo says. “It’ll be okay, promise.” He holds your hand interlacing his fingers with yours.          

 

            When you get to the broadcasting station you and Myungsoo are taken directly on the set for the interview.

            “So,” the announcer says. “Are you two really dating or not?”

            “Well,” Myungsoo says. “As much as my company would want me to say no, we’re not we’re just friends, it’s not fair to Alex that I lie in front of his face. So to answer your question we are dating. I’m not ashamed to say this guy right next to me is my boyfriend.”

            “Well Alex,” the announcer says. “You’ve been the buzz for the whole day so far.”

            “I know,” you say quietly. “I got a lot of it at school.

            “I’m sorry to hear that,” the announcer says. “Lost of fan girls are very jealous. Myungsoo what do you have to say about your fan girls?”

            “I want you to not be so mean,” Myungsoo says. “I am happy dating Alex. This is one of the happiest moments in my life and it means a lot to me. Please don’t pick on Alex because you’re upset with me. If you need someone to blame, blame me not Alex. I am responsible.”

            “You both seem to be taking the situation very maturely,” the announcer says. “Alex how do you feel? You’re dating a K-pop idol.”

            “I feel very blessed,” you answer. “And I’m sorry for all his fans that do not like him because of me. I am very very sorry.” You bow to the camera.

 

            When the interview is over you leave with Myungsoo to your house. When you approach the house though it is surrounded by paparazzi.

            “I can’t go home,” you answer. “I know a place we can go probably.” You call the one person that might be able to keep you two safe from cameras. “Hello Baekhyun? We have a huge favor to ask you.”

            When you finish your call the car drives off to EXO’s dorm.

            “Hello,” Myungsoo says. As you two enter the EXO dorm. “I guess you’ve seen the internet and stuff all over the place.”

            “Yes,” Kai answers. “Sorry that this is happening.”

            “I can’t return home,” you say sitting down. “The cameras are everywhere and most of the girls in the school have me.”

            “I’m sorry,” Baekhyun says sitting next to you. “Who knew this would happen.”

            “It’s my fault,” Myungsoo says. “I should’ve kissed you inside the house not out in the open like that. I’m such a babo.”

            “It’s okay,” you say. “Honest.” You hold his hand leaning your head against his shoulder.

            “You can stay here as long as you want,” D.O. says. “Let me cook lunch.”

            “The interview is going to be on air later today at 4,” Myungsoo says looking at his phone. “I got a text from the producer.”

            “Okay,” you answer. “This is such a mess!”

            “I’m okay,” Myungsoo says. “I don’t care what they say or the cameras say or the fans. I like you and that’s what matters most.” He kisses you on the forhead.

            You call your mother letting her know what’s going on and telling her to come to the EXO dorm instead of home.

            “My mom will be here when she finishes work at 7,” you tell everyone. “Thanks for letting us stay here.” You lie down on the couch trying to stay calm. “Thank you for everything.” You can’t help it. The tears start pouring out of your eyes. “I’m sorry for all of this.”

            “It’s okay,” Myungsoo says. “Stop crying.” He kneels down in front of your face. “I don’t blame you for anything. I thank you for coming into my life.” He wipes the tears from your eyes. “Everything will be okay. Promise.” He holds your hand.

            “Lunch,” D.O. says. Everyone goes to the table to eat.

            “Thank you,” you say recovering from your crying. You sit down eating the food in silence.

            “It’s gonna be okay,” Luhan says. “I know it.” He pats your back sitting down. After lunch you sit back down on the couch not talking trying not to cry again.

            “Why don’t you take a nap in my room?” Baekhyun asks. “It’ll be more quiet in there then out here. Come on.”

            Baekhyun grabs your hand leading you to his room.

            “You can rest in here,” Baekhyun says. You lie down in his bed as he wraps the blankets around you. He pats your hair leaving the room to let you rest.

            When the door closes you burst into tears again. ‘Why do I keep crying like this? Stop crying.’ You continuously wipe your eyes trying not to cry.

            You manage to fall asleep after crying for a few more minutes. You don’t want to wake up and face everyone since you’ve already caused them so much trouble.

            “Alex?” It’s your mom as she enters the door sitting on the bed. “Are you okay?”

            “No,” you answer. “I can’t go back to school or even go outside anymore. I’ve ruined my life.”

            “Honey,” mom says hugging you. “It’ll be okay. You are surrounded by people that love and care for you. You have me, your wonderful friends, and you’re very caring boyfriend, whom I’ve spoken to. I’m happy for you that you are happy. I don’t want to see you hurt anymore.”         

            “Omma,” you say crying again. “Thank you.” You hug her trying to gather yourself to walk back into the living room.

            “Alex are you feeling better?” Myungsoo asks going to you.

            “A little,” you answer. “Thank you for letting me rest. I really needed it.” You dry your eyes which are puffy from all the crying you’ve done.

            “Aww,” Myungsoo says. He embraces you in his arms hugging you. “You look so cute even when you’re sad.”

            “Group hug,” Kai says. All the EXO members and your mom hug you.

            “Alex fighting!” They all shout. “Fighting!”