Jobs

Once In A Lifetime

The next weekend after you wake up to your mom shaking you.

            “Alex wake up,” she says. “Someone is here to see you. I have to go out to go shopping so I’ll leave you two here okay?”

            “Yes,” you say getting up yawning. You sit up in bed as the door opens. It’s Baekhyun.

            “Good morning,” Baekhyun says shyly. “Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you up but I really needed someone to talk to, so I came here.”

            “That’s fine,” you say smiling at him seeing it’s 10 am. “I was probably going to wake up anyway. What’s wrong?” You pat the bed for him to sit.

            Baekhyun sits down sighing.

            “A lot of websites have the wedding thing on them saying it’s the new scandal and stuff,” Baekhyun says looking sad. “I don’t like it. And some of the fans were saying mean things about me and threatening me. It’s scary.”

            “I’m sorry to hear that,” you say. “I did read some of the articles. I’m sorry.”

            “What do I do Alex?” Baekhyun asks tearing up. “I love my fans but some of them don’t like me anymore because of how I acted at the wedding.”

            “Hey,” you say. “It was your brother’s wedding and you had every right to act like that. I would be mad too.”

            “But fans hate me now,” Baekhyun says falling down on the bed crying. “I can’t believe this. I feel so ashamed. I’m such an idiot!” He kicks his legs in frustration. “I hate myself right now.”

            “Come on Baekhyun,” you say pulling his arm making him sit up. “I don’t hate you. Lots of your fans still love you. I know I do.”

            “Really?” Baekhyun says smiling. “You don’t hate me that I made my image look bad in front of all the EXO fans?”

            “I don’t hate you,” you say to him. “You let out some anger like a normal person. And you were at your brother’s wedding being your brother’s younger brother. I can’t be mad at that. Who could? Except maybe crazy people. I still like you, you’ll always be my favorite member of EXO even when you stop making music. So stop moping about what a couple of fans said about you. They don’t matter anyway because they clearly weren’t real fans of EXO if they’re saying mean things about you.”

            “I guess so,” Baekhyun says. “Thank you for the nice words. You’re a really good friend Alex. I’m glad I came over today.”

            “I’m glad you did too,” you say smiling to him. “If you ever want to talk again let me know okay?”

            “Will do,” Baekhyun says. “Thanks so much.” He grabs your shoulders looking you in the eyes. “I love you.” He hugs you as you widen your eyes. Did Baekhyun say he loved you? You were probably hearing things. He didn’t say that. He means something else.

            “You what?” you ask him in surprise. “You love what?”

            “I mean I love you as a friend,” Baekhyun says quickly. “I love that you’re my friend.”

            “Okay,” you say smiling. “I love you as a friend too.”

            “Yeah I know,” Baekhyun says quietly sighing. “Just a friend.”

 

            When you get back to school you find out it’s only a few weeks until the final big exam for your last year of high school. This is a huge test that you can’t take lightly. You have to study study study and prove you know everything you know about everything.

            “Are you worried about the exam?” Taeyeon asks you in the hallway after school. “I am so nervous! I have to study.”

            “A little,” you say to her. “But I’m sure everything will be okay.”

            “Yeah,” Taeyeon says. “Well see you.” She leaves as you head outside seeing Myungsoo waiting for you again. By now most of the people at the school aren’t surprised to see him around anymore since he’s there almost every day.

            “Hey,” he says smiling at you. You go to him grabbing his hand as he kisses you. “What to do today?”

            “I have to go home to study for the big final exam,” you say to him. “You can come home with me, but I got to study, but after dinner I’ll be free for whatever.”

            “Okay sounds good to me,” Myungsoo says. “Let’s go.” You get in his car heading to your house to study.

            When you get home you both go to your room after seeing the dinner note your mom left you.

            “She’ll be home late tonight,” you say. “Around midnight. So she left dinner for us in the fridge.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says. “Well on to that studying then.” You both head up to your room as you sit at your desk.

            “Do whatever you want I’ll be done studying for the day at around 6 okay? So three hours.”

            “Good luck studying,” Myungsoo says. “Here’s a good luck study help kiss.” He grabs you pressing your lips together. “Study hard boyfriend.”

            “Mhmhm,” you say in a daze. “You can lay on bed and read or listen to music or whatever.”

            “Thanks,” Myungsoo says as he lies on your bed grabbing a book and taking out his i-pod.

            You focus your attention on the books and notes beginning to study.

            When the clock hits 6 you close your books turning around to face Myungsoo who’s asleep lying on your pillow. You smile at how cute he looks sleeping with the book still in his hands.

            “Myungsoo wake up,” you say quietly to him shaking his shoulder. “It’s time for dinner. Wake up please.”

            “Hmm,” Myungsoo says groggily. “Good morning baby.”

            “You mean good evening,” you say to him. “Its time for dinner. Let’s go downstairs.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says rubbing his eyes. You grab his hand leading him downstairs. “What’s for dinner?”

            “Um whatever’s in the fridge,” you say opening it. “Oh we get kimbap, kimchi fried rice, and leftover bulgogi.”

            “Yum,” Myungsoo says his lips seductively. “And for dessert?”

            “Um,” you say ignoring him on purpose. “We have some ice cream in the freezer. Chocolate I think.”

            “Oh,” Myungsoo says. “Can I have you for dessert instead?” He wraps his hands around your waist hugging you. “Pretty please cherry on top?”

            “Aish,” you say blushing. “You’re so weird.”

            “So can I?” Myungsoo asks. “I’ve been good. For the most part.”

            “Fine,” you say rolling your eyes. “Let me heat up the food.” You put the kimchi-fried rice in the microwave heating it. When dinners ready you sit at the table with Myungsoo as you turn on the TV. “Is it okay?”

            “Yes,” Myungsoo says. “You’re mom is a good cook.”

            “Good,” you say smiling. “Thanks for spending the day with me. I’m glad you like it.”

            After dinner you wash the dishes and head back to your room.

            “I’m stuffed,” Myungsoo says flopping down on your bed. “Now where’s my desert?”

            “Right here,” you say.

            “Come here then,” Myungsoo whispers patting the space next to him. You go to the bed as he grabs you pulling him down next to you. “I’ve been waiting for dessert all night.”

            “Savor it,” you say to him. “If you’re bad you might not get dessert again.”

            “Yes sir,” Myungsoo says smirking. “Now onto business.” He cupped your face in his hands. “I love you.” He presses his lips against yours softly at first. He kisses you again each time getting more aggressive until he has you pinned on the bed with him onto of you.    

            “How do you like your dessert?” you ask him.

            “It’s perfect,” Myungsoo says. He moves his hands under your shirt continuing to kiss you. “I love it.”

            “Just take it off already,” you say removing your shirt. “Now where were we?”

            “I was about to do this,” Myungsoo says removing his own shirt. “And this.” He begins kissing you all over your neck moving to your chest and abs planting more kisses on you.

            “I love you,” you say to him bringing his lips to meet yours. You move grab his waist as you flip him over so he’s laying on his back as you plant kisses on him.

            “Mmm,” Myungsoo moans closing his eyes. “Best dessert ever. Keep going.” You smile as you keep kissing all over his body.

 

            When “dessert,” is over both of you fall down on the bed breathing heavily.

            “Thanks,” Myungsoo says gasping. “That was amazing.”

            “Don’t talk about it,” you say embarrassed. “It’s embarrassing and my jaw is sore now.”

            “Sorry,” Myungsoo says. “But I liked it.”

            “I’m sure you did,” you say. “I’m sure you did. I hope I didn’t do it wrong. I wouldn’t know. I’ve never done that before. Ever.”

            “Well you did a damn good job,” Myungsoo says. “Nothing less then what I’d expect from my boyfriend.”

 

            The next day at school during study hall you try to study but you’re too sore to concentrate. You keep rubbing your jaw trying to read the page of notes you’re looking at.

            “Are you okay Alex?” Taeyeon asks you. “You’ve been rubbing your jaw all period.”

            “Sorry,” you say. “My jaw is a little sore. That’s all it’s nothing to worry about.”

            “Oh,” Taeyeon says. “Get better soon.”

            “I know why,” a girl behind you says laughing. “It’s written all over your face Alex. You did something to Myungsoo last night that’s why your mouth is sore. If you know what I mean.”

            You turn red with embarrassment.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” you say putting your hands on your desk. “He just came over that’s all.”

            “Then why would your precious mouth be sore so much today?” she asks smiling. “Unless you gave Myungsoo a little job?”

            “What job?” the girl next to you asks. “Alex got a job?”

            “A good job that’s what,” her friend says laughing. “But it comes with a little painful side effects in the mouth.”

            “What job?” Taeyeon asks. She’s clearly not getting the picture.

            “This job,” the girl says whispering it to her. “Get it now? Taeyeon you’re so slow.”

            “Oh my god,” Taeyeon says covering . “Alex you didn’t. Did you?”

            “Well since you people aren’t going to stop bothering me until I tell you,” you say huffing crossing your arms. “Yes, I did the you know what to Myungsoo’s you know what. Now let me study please. This test is important and I want to get the best grade possible.”

            “Oh my god!” the girl behind you screams. “Alex you’re so lucky! I wish I had a k-pop boyfriend like you. It must’ve been amazing!”

            “For him,” you say. “Now stop pressing the subject.” You turn around to see Taeyeon staring at you or staring at your mouth.

            “Did you like it?” she asks with concern. “All that sounds so scary to me.”

            “Are you really asking this?” you ask. “I guess it was okay.” You turn your focus on studying before school is over. These girls were so embarrassing and you couldn’t help but curse Myungsoo for causing all of this.