Hello I'm Your Fanboy

Once In A Lifetime

A week passed since that once in a lifetime encounter with Baekhyun. You couldn’t stop thinking about it, and the few people you talked to were very jealous of you.

            “OMO Alex,” your classmate, Taeyeon said, sitting next to you. “You got to meet Baekhyun and everything.” She sighed. “If only I were as lucky as you. I guess good things come to smart people after all.”

            “I’m not that smart,” you said laughing.

            “Please, you’re at the top of our class,” she said. “You are smart and lucky. You met Baekhyun! You are so lucky! I have to go.” She went back to her seat, leaving you to study. Study period was always the most boring period. Being the top of the class, you always finished your work before the period was over.

            Your phone buzzed on your desk from an unknown number. It was a text.

            Who could this be? You didn’t recognize the number, not that a lot of people had given you their number. You read the text, “Waddup Alex!! You probably don’t recognize this number, but it’s your friend Baekhyun! I just am saying hi and I have a surprise for you. Meet me at SMENT building at five pm today. Hope to see you there.” You looked at your phone wondering how Baekhyun got a hold of your number.

            The period ended, signaling the end of school. You quickly packed your things and ran to the bus stop. You only had an hour to get to SMENT. It was far away from your school. You got to the bus stop just in time and headed to that part of Seoul. You put on your i-pod listening to, “Baby Don’t Cry,” wondering what the surprise could be. Would the guards there even let you in the building?

            It took less time then you thought to get to SMENT building. You had thirty minutes before you were expected, so you decided to head to the Starbucks and get a drink. You ordered your favorite beverage and sat down waiting for the clock to say it was five pm. You looked at your phone again, re-reading the text message.

            It was finally five, and you walked into the SMENT building immediately getting stopped by the front desk security.

            “ID please,” he said. “School or regular.” He held out his hand waiting for you to give him your ID.

            “Here,” you said handing him your school ID.

            “Oh you’re Alex,” he said. “Take the first elevator and go to the fifth floor, first door on the right. It should say practice room number one. Enjoy your visit.”

            “Thank you,” you said bowing, before heading off to the elevator. You pressed the button for the fifth floor. By now your curiosity was killing you. You were desperate to know what Baekhyun wanted to tell you.

            You reached the fifth floor, and knocked on the first door, Practice Room Number one. Baekhyun opened the door smiling at you.

            “Glad you could come today Alex,” Baekhyun said.

            “How did you get my number?” you asked. That had also bugged you all day.

            “Um I saw it on your phone,” Baekhyun answered, shyly. “You know so I could see who’s phone it was. Sorry.”

            “It’s fine,” you said. Baekhyun let you into the room and you gasped. Baekhyun loved to give you heart attacks doesn’t he? Seated on the black leather couch were none other then the one and only, your number one bias Myungsoo!!! “Alex please meet Myungsoo. Myungsoo this is one of your fanboys.”

            “This is the guy you told me about?” Myungsoo asked, getting up. “The one that lost his phone and is your favorite fanboy?”

            “Yes,” Baekhyun answered. Myungsoo approached you looking upset. He got in your face then looked at Baekhyun.

            “I thought I was your favorite Bacon!” Myungsoo pouted.

            “Aish,” Baekhyun laughed. “You’re an idol, Alex is a normal person so he’s special. But I still love you Myungsoo.” He made a heart with his fingers.

            “Nice to meet you,” you said bowing to Myungsoo.

            “Nice to meet you too,” Myungsoo said.

            “It took me four times calling him to agree to come today,” Baekhyun explained. “He finally had to meet his number one fanboy.”

            “Yes,” Myungsoo said. “Its not often to see fanboys at concerts and such and Baekhyun seemed to be really pleased with you.” Myungsoo sat back down, offereing you the seat next to him.

            “Thank you for agreeing to meet with me,” you said. “It’s a great honor to meet you. I love Infinite.”

            “Thank you,” Myungsoo said. “Thank you for supporting us. Baekhyun and I are good friends.”

            “Alex is also my friend,” Baekhyun said proudly. “I even visited his house, so I’m better!” He smiled at you winking. “Alex who’s better, Myungsoo or me?”

            “Um,” you began. How could you possibly answer a question like that in front of Myungsoo and Baekhyun? “I can’t choose that.”

            “Good answer,” Myungsoo said, smirking. “Look’s like we’re even.”

            “I’m going to get us some drinks,” Baekhyun said. “Be right back.” He left the room to go to the vending machine.

            “I have to know,” Myungsoo said. “What is your favorite Infinite song?”

            “I really liked, “The Chaser,” you answered. “But the song I love the most is, ‘Nothing’s Over.’ It made me feel better after something bad happened in my life a long time ago.”

            “Oh well I’m glad our song made you feel better,” Myungsoo said. “Baekhyun didn’t tell you to bring your Infinite album, so I brought one for you. I’m sure you have it already, but I autographed it.” He handed you a new copy of New Challenge with his autograph. “To Alex, thanks for choosing me to be your favorite – Myungsoo.”

            “Thank you,” you said shyly. In person Myungsoo was even more handsome. On the screen he was good looking but in person the screen didn’t compare by a long shot.

            Baekhyun returned with the drinks and you three cheered, just for the heck of it. After finishing your drink, Myungsoo had to go back to his dorm.

            “Nice meeting you Alex,” Myungsoo said shaking your hand. “See you later Bacon.” He left leaving you and Baekhyun alone in the practice room.

            “I know you like him Alex,” Baekhyun said looking at you. “You do like Myungsoo, like in a crush?”

            “Well,” you said. Were you really going to confess to Baekhyun that you liked Myungsoo?

            “Well,” Baekhyun said. With him looking at you with concern, melted your brain, making it hard to think.

            “Yes,” you said quietly. “I like Myungsoo, ever since I saw him in Shut Up Flower Boy Band.” Baekhyun fell silent, looking out the window. “You’re not upset about that or anything hyung?”

            “Of course not,” Baekhyun said. “I’m not freaked out or upset. If you like him, then you should definitely go for it.”

            “Yeah, but you saw the way he acted around me,” you said letting everything out. “He clearly just sees me as some guy that’s a fan of his. There’s no way he’ll ever like me the way I like him. I mean I’m not as beautiful as him or even close to being as beautiful as you.”

            “You think I’m beautiful?” Baekhyun asked, smiling a little.

            “Of course,” you said. “I mean look at you. Then look at me, I’m nothing compared to you.”

            “Maybe not yet,” Baekhyun said. “But if you lose a little weight and change your hair a little, you could look better. Maybe you need to change a little for Myungsoo to notice you more.”

            “But I’ll probably never meet him again,” you said, knowing it’s probably true.

            “Hey,” Baekhyun said. “As long as you have me, you’re going to make that dream come true. I’m going to help you all the way, starting tomorrow. I’ll meet you at your house at four thirty pm and we’re going to go jogging and start losing weight. Then we’ll get you looking beautiful. I’ll know I’ve succeeded when you look in the mirror and say you look beautiful even standing next to me deal?” he held out his hand.

            “Deal,” you said, after thinking about it. You grabbed his hand and did a pinky swear.

            “See you tomorrow Alex,” Baekhyun said. “And from now on just call me Baekhyun or Bacon, no more hyung. It makes me feel like we’re not friends. And remember my number. Put me in your contact list.”

            “Okay,” you said. You got up and said goodbye before heading home. Could Baekhyun really help you transform in a better looking guy?