Life

Once In A Lifetime

The day finally comes for you to leave off for Oxford. In the previous days you packed all your things and sent them to the college where the dorm official was going to put them in your dorm room. All you had left to do was head to the airport to leave for England.

            “Oh Alex,” mom says in the taxi you take to the airport. “I’m going to miss you so much! And the first time I get to see you again is Christmas. That’s a long time away. You promise to call me often?”

            “Yes mom,” you say to her. “I’ll call you as much as I can. I’m going to be busy at school and finding a job and everything.”

            “I’m so proud of you,” mom says. “My child is going to a big fancy school in England.” She wipes her eyes. “I’m so happy for you.”

            “Thank you,” you say. “It’s all because you helped me along the way with everything.”

            You get to the airport leaving the taxi saying goodbye to your mom who has to go off to work.

            “Bye!” she says hugging you before she gets back inside the taxi leaving. “Call me when you land!”

            “I will,” you say. “Bye mom!” You turn to head into the airport. All you have with you is a small bag and your backpack. Everything else was probably in England waiting for you.

            After you got past the security point you went to find your departure gate. When you reach the gate you’re greeted with signs saying your name and messages all held by people hiding behind the signs.

            “What?” you ask as you put your stuff down. The first person to reveal themselves is holding a heart shaped sign.

            “You didn’t think we would let you leave without properly saying goodbye would you?” Myungsoo asks smiling at you. He walks over to you. “We planned this so we could see you before you left.” The rest of the signs are dropped revealing the EXO members all smiling at you. “We’re all going to miss you a lot.” He holds your hand as you go to everyone.

            “Thank you,” you say. “This is amazing.” You sit down with everyone, you have a few hours before the plane leaves. D.O. starts bringing out the food.

            “I made your favorite food thanks to your mom,” he says handing you a Tupperware filled with your favorite food. “And one for the flight too.” He hands you a second one in a bag.

            “Thank you,” you say smiling. You all start eating the food talking like you would do any regular day.

 

            “Attention,” the flight attendant says. “The flight for London will begin boarding.” The line starts forming for everyone to get on the plane.

            “This is it,” you say to them. “Thank you all for making this year amazing for me.” You hug all the EXO members saving Baekhyun for last.

            “Especially you, Baekhyun,” you say. “Without you, none of this would have been possible. Thank you so much.” You hug him. “Thank you for everything.”

            “Don’t forget to text and call,” Baekhyun says patting your head. “And see you around Christmas. Well we have to go so till then.”       The EXO members leave leaving you and Myungsoo for the final goodbye.

            “Well this is it,” Myungsoo says hugging you. He kisses you as tears well in his eyes.

            “I’ll call you as soon as I get to the school,” you say crying as well. “I love you so much Myungsoo. Oppa.”

            “I love you too,” Myungsoo says holding your hand. “I’ll see you again for Christmas.” He wipes his eyes. “Have fun and be good in school.” He kisses you one last time before you board the plane.

 

            Oxford, your dorm…

            You finish putting away your things lastly putting the picture of you, Myungsoo, and EXo by your bed.

            “Hello,” your roommate says entering the room. “I’m Kevin your roommate. It’s nice to meet you Alex.” You shake hands with him. He’s also Korean, but from his accent you can tell he’s not from England. “I’m from America.”

            “I’m from Korea,” you say in English. Thankfully your English was good, but the accent was heavy. “It’s nice to meet you too.”

            “So,” Kevin says sitting on his bed. “It’s all true?”

            “Hmm?” you ask looking at him.

            “About you and Myungsoo from Infinite?” Kevin asks. “Sorry if I seem like I’m prying, but I really like K-pop and I read all the articles.”

            “Yes he is still my boyfriend,” you say to him.

            “That’s so cool!” Kevin exclaims. “You’re dating someone famous and you’re my roommate! Wait till my friends hear this they’re going to freak!” You smile at him.

            “Do you speak Korean too?” you ask him.

            “Yes,” Kevin says. “If you want we can speak in Korean if it’s easier for you.”

            “Yes please,” you say laughing. “My English is fine, but the accent makes it seem terrible. I swear I passed English class.” Kevin laughs.

            “Let’s go get food,” Kevin says. “I want you to meet my friends I’ve made here so far. I came here at the beginning of June.” You and him walk to the rec. room for your floor to a group of guys sitting around a computer.

            “Hey guys,” Kevin says. “This is my new friend Alex.” You bow to them smiling.

            “It’s nice to meet you,” you say to them.

            “No way!” one of them says smiling. “Myungsoo’s boyfriend! Wow! You’re like almost famous!”

            “That’s Eli,” Kevin says. “He also speaks Korean.”

            “Yes I am Myungsoo’s boyfriend,” you say to them.

 

            Over the next few weeks you slowly adjust to college life with your new friends Kevin and Eli (U-Kiss members haha). You frequently text Myungsoo and Baekhyun and call your mom a lot.

            Finally Christmas comes and it’s time for you to return home to visit in Seoul.

            “You’re so lucky to be going back to Korea,” Kevin says as you finish packing. You leave for the airport tomorrow morning. “I wish I could go to Korea, but I’m going back to America.”

            “You’ll go someday,” you say to him. “I’ll get you something when I go and Eli.”

            “You don’t have to,” Kevin says. “It’s fine.”

            “I want to,” you say. “Don’t worry about it. I can get K-pop cds there for way cheaper then the internet.”

            The next day you land in Korea taking a taxi heading to your mom’s house. You smile with excitement ready to see your mom and everyone else.

            When you get to your house you knock on the door as your mom opens it.

            “Alex!” mom says hugging you. “It’s so good to see you. Come in everyone else is here too!” You enter the house with your things seeing Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Luhan, D.O., and mom’s new boyfriend Jaejoong (JYj).

            “Hello!” you say bowing to everyone. “It’s good to see you all again!” You hug them and say hi to mom’s new boyfriend. “It’s nice to meet you, my mom has said a lot of good things about you.”

            “Good,” Jaejoong says. “As long as it’s not bad.” He shakes your hand. You look around the room looking for the other person who isn’t in the room.

            “Looking for something?” a voice says behind you covering your eyes. You immediately smile turning around seeing Myungsoo smiling at you. “Merry Christmas!” He hugs you tightly.

            “I missed you so much!” you say in Myungsoo’s arms. “I’ve waited a long time to see you.” You kiss him on the lips taking in everything. You haven’t kissed your boyfriend in months.

            “Now that everyone’s here let’s all celebrate Christmas,” mom says. “Everyone to the table. It’s time to eat!” You all head to the table to eat the food mom cooked. “And after dinner is presents!”

            You sit next to Myungsoo and Baekhyun and you couldn’t be more happy to be back in Korea.

            After dinner you all gather in the living room to open gifts and talk.

            “Alex here is my gift for you,” mom says. She hands you a box. Jaejoong hands you an envelope and the EXO members here hand you a box.

            “Thank you everyone,” you say smiling to them. You open mom’s gift of a EXO t-shirt, and an Infinite hoodie. “Thank you mom.” Jaejoong gave you money. “Thank you Jaejoong.” You open EXO’s gift which is there new Christmas CD both versions autographed by all 12 of them. “Thank you so much guys. I really liked your songs you released.”

            You see all the messages from Luhan, Chanyeol, Kai, D.O., and Baekhyun who you were the closest with in EXO.

 

            Luhan – Ever since I met you I knew you were destined for something amazing and I was right. Merry Christmas Alex.

 

            D.O. – I’m so glad to have become friends with you Alex. I hope you are happy!

 

            Kai – Alex you are the only fan I know that can hang with us, and be normal around us and I like it! Merry Christmas!

 

            Chanyeol – Alex, you are truly someone special if you can make Baek fall for you. Merry Christmas.

 

            Baekhyun – You will always be my number one fanboy Alex! I hope you’re happy with college! Merry Christmas.

 

            “And here’s my gift,” Myungsoo says handing you a small box wrapped with a gold ribbon. You open it seeing a simple gold ring. Around it engraved in cursive writing is your name and Myungsoo’s name. It says Alex and Myungsoo forever.

            “Myungsoo,” you say to him. “It’s beautiful.” You hug him as he puts the ring on your finger. It’s not a marriage ring but just a couple ring but it’s still amazing. “Thank you!”

            “Now we’re matching!” Myungsoo says. “I got one too.” He shows you his hand with the ring on his finger. “Merry Christmas!” You hug him as everyone else opens their gifts. This was for sure the best coming home ever.