The Concert That Started It All

Once In A Lifetime

“See you at home Alex!” mom called. “You have the money for the subway?”

            “Nae,” you replied. You waved to her, as you headed up the steps to the concert stadium. You had finally saved up all your allowance, and odd job money so you could go to your first ever K-pop concert. It was none other then EXO’s concert, since they had recently released their first album, XOXO. Unfortunately it wasn’t Infinite, which was your favorite group, but EXP to you was a close second.

            “I’m going to have so much fun,” you said as you reached the front door. The concert had just started opening up and letting the happy fans into the stadium.

            “Enjoy,” the security guard said. You headed inside the building, anxious to get to your section. Since you had saved up enough money, you purchased a front row ticket, which was not cheap.

            “This is going to be amazing!” some fangirl exclaimed. “EXO!” They ran past you with their signs. You had a sign for your EXO bias too, but you were a little embarrassed to show it since you didn’t see a lot of guys in the audience with fan signs.

            You reached your seat, front row and center. Only one hour before the concert was going to start. You looked around the stadium, looking at all the excited people waiting for EXO. You took a deep breath and decided to take our your fan sign. Your bias was none other then the main vocalist of EXO-K, Baekhyun! Other people began to get to their seats, looking at your sign.

            “You like Baekhyun?” one girl asked. “I liked Chen. They both have amazing voices don’t they?”

            “Yes,” you replied. “Chen is good too. I’m very excited.”

            “I am too,” she said. “I’ve never seen an EXO fanboy before, let’s take a picture. This could be monumental!” She took out her cellphone and moved in next to you as you posed for the picture. “Thank you.”

 

            Finally the concert started. The lights dimmed as the stage lights blasted on and you heard the faint music that eventually got louder and louder then BOOM!!! The twelve EXO boys jumped onto the stage and the crowd went wild. Everyone was screaming as, “Wolf,” began playing.

            “OMO!” the girl yelled next to you. “Chen!!!”

            You looked up at them spotting Baekhyun quickly. You held up your sign and grabbed your phone in case you could get a good picture of Baekhyun. The crowd quickly melted into one as you became more comfortable waving your sign and screaming the fan chants and singing along. You kept your eyes glued on Baekhyun as all the members seemed to vanish before your eyes.

            “Yes!” you screamed, Baekhyun had noticed you in the audience with your sign. He winked at you and waved, as you quickly snapped his picture on your phone looking dead at you in the camera.

            “So lucky!” the Chen lover yelled. “Chen over here!” She started jumping up and down waving her arms. Chen looked and her and she fainted.

            “Oh!” you exclaimed, looking at her. You kept her from falling and placed her in her seat. You then returned your attention to the stage. “Wolf,” was over and the members introduced themselves.

            “Hi, I’m Baekhyun! Thank you all for coming to see us!” Baekhyun said. “The next song we’ll be preforming as EXO-K for right now is, ‘Baby Don’t Cry.’” Yes! This is one of your favorite songs. You smiled waiting for the song to start as the EXO-M members exited the stage for the time being.

            “Baby Don’t Cry,” started playing and you couldn’t contain your happiness. You kept smiling as they began to sing the song. Baekhyun looked at you again, seeing you happy, which made him smile and laugh a little.

            Finally after hours of good music from all the boys, the concert was over. Everyone crowded for the doors, laughing and smiling about the concert. You quickly packed up your things and proceeded to the doors to exit the stadium. When you reached the exit doors, you realized your cellphone was missing.

            I lost my phone! You thought. I have to go back! Luckily you were one of the last people to leave so you ran back inside to find your seat. Please let my phone be here. My mom will kill me! You reached your seat and found that your phone wasn’t there.

            “No!” you said out loud. “Where is my phone? I need my phone!” You dropped to the floor looking under the seats desperately searching for your cellphone. You gave up after a couple of minutes of searching. I guess my phone isn’t here anymore. You proceeded to get out from under your seat, still on the floor, looking one last time. You turned around to find a pair of shoes in front of you.

            “Looking for something?” a voiced you’d recognize anywhere asked you. You looked up slowly. This couldn’t be true! You finally reached the voice’s face and you froze, almost having a heart attack. It was Baekhyun looking down at you on the dirty floor.

            “Oh,” you said meekly. You tried to get back up, but accidentally fell down. Your legs were having a hard time working and your heart was beating a million times a minute.

            “Here,” Baekhyun said, extending his hand to you. “Let me help you up.” You grabbed his hand as he helped you up off the ground. “So you lost something?”

            “I lost my phone,” you answered. “I need it really badly! I don’t know where it is, and I need to call my mom, to tell her I’m on the way home.”

            “Oh that’s too bad,” Baekhyun said. He looked somewhere in the stadium. “Look over there!” You turned your head to where he pointed. You saw nothing. You turned back around to see your phone in Baekhyun’s hands. “I saw it on the ground when the concert was over. Be more careful next time okay? And nice screensaver.” You looked at your phone screen, and realized it was a picture of Baekhyun. You immediately became embarrassed.

            “Thank you,” you said. “The concert was really good,” you said bowing your head.

            “Thank you,” Baekhyun said, then he burst into laughter. You looked up at him confused. “Oh I think it’s cute that I have a fanboy, it’s different. I saw you in the audience.”

            “I know,” you said. “Well it’s getting late, and I have to go home. Thank you for finding my phone Baekhyun hyung.”

            “Are you planning on taking the bus or something?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Yes,” you answered.

            “That could take a long time,” Baekhyun said. “You might run into erts or something. I’ll take you home in our van if you like?”

            “What, are you serious?” you asked, shocked.

            “Yes,” Baekhyun said. “I don’t want my fanboy getting hurt in these streets at night. Who knows what’s out there. Come on, you can’t say no.” He grabbed your hand, leading you backstage where all the other EXO members were. You started bowing to them saying the concert was amazing and all that stuff.

            “This is,” Baekhyun said. “I didn’t even ask your name,” he laughed.

            “Alex,” you replied.

            “This is Alex,” Baekhyun said. “He is a fan of EXO and a fanboy for me!”

            “Nice to meet you,” Chen said. “I saw you next to the girl that fainted. Was she okay?”

            “Yes,” you answered. “She woke up later on. She was really excited to see you, I just met her today.”

            “Well Alex,” Baekhyun said. “I need to take him home cause I don’t want my fanboy out in the night. I’ll catch up with you guys at the dorm later okay?”

            “Okay,” D.O. said. “See you soon, nice meeting you Alex.” You say your goodbyes as Baekhyun led you out of the stadium into a white van. You both got inside as the driver pulled away going in the direction towards your house.

            “Thank you for doing this,” you said. “I hope this isn’t a burden.”

            “Of course not,” Baekhyun smiled. His phone buzzed and he answered it. “Myungsoo?” Your ears immediately perked up, hearing his name. Your EXO bias was friends with your ultimate bias Myungsoo from Infinite? They talked for a while, before Baekhyun hung up.

            “You’re friends with Myungsoo? He is my bias in Infinite. They are my favorite group, but EXO is right after them, practically tied,” you said.

            “Yes,” Baekhyun said. “Myungsoo is a good friend of mine. You liked him a lot Alex? Like a crush?”

            “A crush?” you asked. “I guess so. Maybe.”

            “Cute,” Baekhyun said. “Even though I wish you had a crush on me, but Myungsoo is very attractive too. Do you want to meet him, if you ever got the chance?”

            “I would die if I did,” you smiled. “That would be a once in a lifetime experience.”

            “Interesting,” Baekhyun said. He smiled at something but didn’t say anything else about the subject. “Alex here’s your house. Thank you for coming to the concert.” He opened your door, before walking you to the front door. “Thank you for being my fanboy and a fan of EXO.”

            “Oh,” you said. “Can you sign my album? It’s inside my room.” You opened the door, as he followed you inside. The lights were but your parent’s bedroom was black. “My parents are asleep, this way.” You went to your room ad got your EXO XOXO album, as Baekhyun entered your room.

            Your room was covered with EXO, Infinite, SNSD, and all the groups you liked to listen to.

            “Nice room,” Baekhyun said. He looked at your CD shelve. “Nice collection.” You handed him the EXO XOXO album. He wrote something on the cover before handing it back to you. “Nice meeting you Alex, I have to go now.”

            “Thank you so much for the ride home,” you said bowing your head. He did the unexpected when you got up. He grabbed you in his arms, hugging you.

            “Take care my fanboy,” Baekhyun whispered into your ear. You followed him to the door, as he waved goodbye leaving your house.

            You finally looked at your CD. It read, “To Alex, my number one favorite fanboy. Best of luck and thanks for supporting us and especially me.” You placed the album on your desk, and tried your hardest to go to sleep, knowing it would be impossible.

           

            In the EXO dorm…

            Baekhyun checked his phone before going to bed. He had one new contact. It read Alex. It was your phone number in his phone.