Surprise Date

Once In A Lifetime

 

A couple days after the concert you get a call from an unidentified number.

            “Hello?” you ask on the phone. “This is Alex.”

            “Hi,” a voice says. “This is Nichkhun the host of the concert you saw with Baekhyun. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out over the weekend.”

            “Uh, sure,” you answer in shock. How did Nichkhun get your number? Why did he want to hang out with you? What was going on? This had to be a dream right? No way this was real.

            “Great,” Nichkhun says. “I’ll pick you up at your house I guess Saturday at 12:00. Give me your address.” You give me your address. “See you then Alex. Bye.”

            You hang up the phone looking at the number. You try to think about how the hell Nichkhun got your number. He was friends with Myungsoo. But Myunsoo didn’t have your number. So what? How was it possible? You’d have to find out later.

            You checked the clock it was 7am Friday. You got into your school uniform to head to school. Usually you never were up this early but you slacked off last night not doing all of your homework. So you had to make up for it by doing it early in the morning.

            You said goodbye to your mom and left for school listening to your music. You wondered what you would do with Nichkhun on Saturday. You were nervous because he was so popular and famous since 2PM had released Grown.

 

            At school during lunch you got texts from Baekhyun.

            How are you doing? Is school going good for you this week? – Baekhyun

            Good I got invited out on Saturday with Nichkhun. How did he get my number? – You

            Myungsoo said that Nichkhunw wanted your number. So I gave it to him sorry for not asking you. You’re not mad at me are you? 0_0’ – Baekhyun

            No I’m not mad, I wonder what Nichkhun wants to do? – You

            Beats me but have fun – Baekhyun

 

            “Alex who are you always texting nowadays?” one of your classmates Taeyeon asks you. “You’re always on your phone in your free time.”

            “Just some friends,” you answer. You can’t let her know you talk to Baekhyun. “They don’t go to this school.”

            “Oh,” Taeyeon says. “Well I’m glad you are breaking out of your comfort zone.” Taeyon had been in your classes since elementary school. So she had seen quite a lot of you. “Well see you.”

 

            Finally Saturday comes around and it’s only a few hours before Nichkhun picks you up. You look through your closet deciding what to wear. The weather is super nice out. Not too hot but definitely not freezing either. You decide to wear black skinny jeans, a purple & black tank top, with a white zip-up, and grey Vans.

            You look at yourself in the mirror. You’re ready just in time cause Nichkhun’s car is at your house.

            “Hi Alex!” Nichkhun calls from the window of the car. “Ready to go?”

            “Nae,” you respond getting into the car. “So where are we going?”

            “Oh just around Seoul,” Nichkhun says smiling. “I’ll pay for everything. Don’t worry.”

            “Okay,” you say looking out the window. “Well wherever we go I’m sure it will be fun.”

            “You look good today,” Nichkhun says. “What grade are you in?”

            “I’m in my last year of high school but I started late so I’m already 18,” you answer. “Yeah,” my mom said I was ready to go to kindergarten at 5 so I started at 7. But now I’m at the top of the class.”

            “Cool,” Nichkhun says. “Here we are.” The car stops in the heart of Seoul with all the stores and restaurants. “Let’s just walk around and eat and stuff.”

            “Okay,” you answer. You see Nichkhun put on his sunglasses.

            “Let’s go,” Nichkhun says. He gets out the car opening your door. “Ready?”

            “Sure,” you say getting out of the car. The car drives off leaving you.
            “Let’s walk around,” Nichkhun says. “If you get hungry or anything just say it.” You two head off down the street crowded with other people since it is a Saturday.

            “Could we stop at that store that lets you pain the dolls like they had in SHINee’s ‘Hello,’ video?” you ask outside the store.

            “Sure,” Nichkhuns says. You two go into the store getting your seats. “Who are you going to paint?”

            “I don’t know yet,” you say looking at the doll. “Who are you going to paint?”

            “You’ll see,” Nichkhun says. He starts painting his doll.

            You think some more finally deciding what to paint. You picture him in your head. Right now he had blonde hair since he was in his comeback.

 

            A hour later you guys have finished painting your dolls.

            “Who did you paint?” Nichkhun asks.

            “I’m going to give this as a gift to Baekhyun,” you answer. “Since he was the one that got me to meet Myungsoo and you. I feel like I owe him a lot for all he’s done. Who did you paint?”

            “You,” Nichkhun says. “It was easy since you were right here.” Nichkhun purchases your dolls and you guys leave the store. “Here it’s for you.” He hands you his doll that you put into the bag with the other doll.

            “Thank you,” you smile.

            “Want to get something to eat I’m kind of hungry,” Nichkhun says.

            “Sure,” you answer, you do feel a little hungry as well. You guys go to a café and order your food.

            “Here’s your latte and here’s your sandwich,” Nichkhun says placing your food in front of you sitting down. “Let’s eat.”

            You start eating the sandwich. So far this day was pretty good.

            “So what after this?” you ask Nichkhun.

            “More walking together,” Nichkhun says. “I don’t care as long as I get to hang out with you.”

            “Okay,” you say drinking your latte. “Sounds good to me.” You place your cup down the foam still on your lips.

            “You’ve got foam on your mouth,” Nichkhun says. “Here” He leans across the table kissing you on the lips getting the foam off your mouth.

            You’re eyes grow wide as you realize what’s going on. You push back standing up.

            “I’m sorry,” you say. “I have to go.” You push in your chair and run outside the café. What was this that just happened? This wasn’t Secret Garden.

            You run around the corner to the park that was close by sitting down at a bench with your heart racing. What just happened? You couldn’t believe Nichkhun kissed you. You’d never been kissed by anyone except your mom ever.

            “Alex!” Nichkhun yells. You see him run around the corner spotting you and running to you. “Wait don’t go!”

            You tense up as he approaches you.

            “Look,” Nichkhun says sitting down next to you. “I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I just couldn’t help it. Look this may sound weird but the moment I saw you at the concert, I felt something inside me so I had to get to know you. I shouldn’t have kissed you but what did you expect this was a date.”

            You stare at him your jaw dropped. This was supposed to be a date?

            “How was I supposed to know this was a date,” you say to him your eyes tearing up. You were going through a mix of emotions. “I’ve never been on a date before how was I supposed to know? I don’t get it.”

            “I’m sorry for not being clear with you,” Nichkhun says. “Please forgive me.” He grabs your hand, but you yank it away from him.

            “I’m sorry but I have to go,” you say getting up. “Please don’t follow me. Thank you for the doll and food.”

            “Wait please,” Nichkhun says. He grabs your hand. “Please.”

            “No,” you say yelling. “Let me go!” You try to push forward, but Nichkhun grabs you into his arms.

            “Look,” Nichkhun says. “I’m sorry for doing this to you. But I think I like you. It was like love at first sight when I saw you that day. And if this was the last time I got to see you, I wasn’t going to miss a thing. Will you please forgive me?”