Trying to Hide Out in the Open

Once In A Lifetime

 

Later after dinner you all gather in front of the TV to watch the interview.

            “Aww Myungsoo,” D.O. says. “That interview was so sweet.”

            “Cause it was true,” Myungsoo says holding my hand. “It’ll always be true.”       

            “I feel truly happy for both of you,” mom says. “I must go to bed, I am exhausted.” She goes to her room, which is really Kai and D.O.’s. “Goodnight.”

            “I want to go to bed too,” you say getting up. “I’m really tired.” You say goodnight to the EXO members heading to Baekhyun’s room with Myungsoo. “Goodnight.”

You arrange the pillows and blankets on the floor as Myungsoo changes into his pajamas. You change into your pajamas returning to the room.

            “Are you tired?” you ask Myungsoo.

            “A little,” Myungsoo answers. He lies down on the floor on his side of the blankets. “I hope you feel better tomorrow.”

            “Me too,” you agree. You lay down next to Myungsoo. “Goodnight.”

            “Goodnight,” Myungsoo says. He kisses you on the forehead. “Goodnight.” You grab his hand holding it as you fall asleep.

 

            The next day you get up heading to the kitchen to get breakfast. A note from your mom is on the table saying she’s gone to work and will see you later.

            You look through the fridge for something to eat. You don’t find much so you sit on the couch with your headphones listening to your music. You stare out the window letting the music absorb your thoughts taking you away.

            You close your eyes as Infinite’s “As Good As It Gets,” plays.

            “Hey,” its Myungsoo says sitting next to you. “What are you listening to?”

            “Here,” you give him one of your headphones. “It’s Infinite.”

            “Oh this song,” Myungsoo says putting the headphone into his ear. He starts singing the song. You smile since it’s one of your favorite songs.

            “This is one of my favorite songs,” you tell him. “I love the lyrics, and the singing, and the instrumental. Everything about the song takes me away.”

            “Thanks,” Myungsoo says smiling.

            When the other people wake up in the dorm everyone joins at the table for breakfast.

            “Let’s go get some pastries,” Chen says. “Come on.” Everyone gets changed and heads out walking to a pastry restaurant.

            “Hi,” the worker says. “Let me know when you’re ready to order.” You look at the glass containers filled with all the different pastries.

            “See one you like?” Myungsoo asks looking over your shoulder.

            “I want the strawberry crème one,” you say pointing to it. You all proceed to order what you want and get coffee.

            “Hey,” the cashier says at the register. “Aren’t you the guy that’s supposedly dating Myungsoo?”

            “Yes,” you answer. “I am.”

            “Why’d you lie that you were dating him?” she asks. “Why lie?”

            “He didn’t lie,” Myungsoo says. He takes off his hood and glasses. “He’s really dating me it’s not a joke. Thank you for the food.” He grabs the pastries, gives her the money and makes you sit at a table.

            “Thank you for the food,” D.O. says. Everyone sits down eating.   

            “What do you want to do today?” Baekhyun asks.

            “Anything,” you say. “Just get away.”

            “You know what let’s take a trip,” Kris says. “Let’s go somewhere. Our promotions are over let’s all go somewhere.”

            “Like on a plane?” Xiumin asks. “Fly?”

            “Yes,” Kris says. “Let’s go to USA!”

            “Yeah!” Chanyeol says. “Let’s go to California. I want to go to Disneyland.”

            “Really?” you ask. “I have to call my mom.” You call your mom telling her the plans.

            “Okay,” mom says. “I won’t be able to go but I’ll just stay at the dorm and clean the place. It’s dirty.”

            “Okay,” you tell her. “Thank you. I can go!”

            “Let’s go pack and head off,” Luhan says. Everyone goes back to the dorm to pack some stuff for the trip.

            Myungsoo calls Hoya and has him drop off some clothes and a bag.

            “You guys are really flying off to Disneyland?” Hoya laughs. “Have fun. And Myungsoo you better bring me back something.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says. “Thank you Hoya.”

            “Have fun,” Hoya says patting him on the shoulder. He leaves as you all continue to pack your things.

 

            When you all finish packing you head to the airport to leave to California.

            “Let’s have fun!” Chanyeol yells. You all board the airplane and head off to the States.

            “It’s going to be a long long flight so let’s get comfortable,” Kai says reclining in his seat. You’re sitting in between Baekhyun and Myungsoo.

            “I’m so excited,” you say. “This is my first time going to California.”

            “We need to go to the beach,” Baekhyun says. “After we go to Disneyland we need to play at the beach.”

            “And go to Koreatown,” Myungsoo says. “Just to see what they have there.”
            “Yes,” you say smiling. You snuggle up in your seat getting out your I-pod. “I’m going to take a rest for a while.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says. He lays his sweatshirt over you as Baekhyun looks out the window. You close your eyes listening to your music.

 

            The plane finally arrives in L.A. and you get a taxi to head to the hotel you’ll be staying at.

            “This is a nice hotel,” D.O. says. There is a kitchen area surrounded by enough rooms to fit everyone.

            “Alex let’s share a room,” Baekhyun says.

            “Okay,” you say to him. You notice Myungsoo looking slightly upset that Baekhyun got to you first. “You can sleep in my bed with me if you want.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says smiling. He takes his stuff to you room too.

            “You okay Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks him as you and Myungsoo leave the room.

            “Yeah,” Baekhyun answer. “Why shouldn’t I be?”

            “Well because,” D.O. says. “You know.”

            “I’ll be okay,” Baekhyun says. “Just forget about it.” He walks into your room to unpack.

 

            Later after everyone has packed you head out to check out Koreatown.

            “Can we go to music plaza?” you ask. “I heard it’s a big k-pop store in L.A.”

            “Yes,” Chen says. “That sounds fun. And the mall has a huge food court to get some food.”

            “Let’s go!” Kai exclaims.

            When you get to the mall you all stand outside looking at the building.

            “This is going to be so cool,” D.O. says. “Let’s go inside.” He links his arm with Kai as everyone walks into the mall.

            “The Music Plaza store is on the first floor,” Baekhyun says reading the directory. “Let’s go. And the food court is close by to that.”

            You make your way to Music Plaza store welcomed by K-pop music and rows of K-pop albums on shelves.

            “Wow!” Myungsoo says looking at all the cds everywhere. “This is so cool! Look Infinite!” He picks up a copy of Destiny. “Cause you’re my destiny!”

            “Growl!” Luhan says. Luhan, Suho, Kris, and Chen start singing Growl.

            “Hello,” the store worker says. “If you need anything let me know.”

            “Thank you,” you tell her. “Look the new B.A.P. cd! I have to buy it.”

            “I want to buy this one,” Kai says holding a copy of After School’s First Love. “Na na na na na.” Everyone looks around the store picking albums they want to buy. You decide to buy B.A.P. Bad Man and APink Secret Garden.

            “These two please,” you say holding the albums. Everyone purchases their cds.

            “Thank you,” Baekhyun says bowing. “This was a very nice store.”

            “Bye,” the store keeper says getting the door. She trips as Kai grabs her keeping her from falling.

            “Are you okay?” Kai asks.

            “Omo,” she gasps. “You’re you’re from EXO! Wow.” Kai helps her up.

            “Most of us are,” Kai answers. “That’s Myungsoo and his boyfriend.”

            “I knew it!” she says. “You’re Alex the one that’s been all over the websites!”

            “Yes,” you say blushing.

            “You two look so cute together,” she says. “You’re both so lucky. Myungsoo and you. Be nice to him Myungsoo. Bye.”

            You smile, because for once someone was siding with you, approving of your relationship with Myungsoo.

 

            The next day you go to Disneyland!

            “I’ve never been,” you say smiling. “I’m so so excited!”

            “Me too,” Myungsoo says. “This is going to be so much fun!”

            “I’m very thankful to be going here with all of you,” you say. “This is going to be amazing.”

            “Aww,” Lay says. “So cute.”

            “I know,” Suho says.

            You get inside the park and you’re in awe at the crowds of people, all the bright colors, noise, and stores everywhere.

            “Wow,” you say. “Look at this place.” You had seen pictures of the place but never seen it in real life.

            “Let’s go have fun!” Chanyeol exclaims. “What should we ride first?”

            “Matterhorn!” Baekhyun yells. “That one mountain thing!”

            “Yeah!” Xiumin says. “Let’s go!” You all head off to the Matterhorn ride to try first. You get in line for the ride, which is extremely long.

            “This one is a roller coaster,” Chen says looking at the ride. “Hear all the screams?”

            “Cool,” Kai says.

            “Scary,” D.O. says. “Protect me.”

            “Okay baby,” Kai says hugging D.O. “I’ll save you from the scary ride.” You get to the front of the line finally.

            “Two per seat,” the ride operator says. Kris translates to you all.

            “Sit with me,” Myungsoo says. He gets in the ride as you sit in front of him. He wraps his arms around you as the ride starts. “Scared?”

            “A little,” you say. You reach the top of the roller coaster as it speeds off down the mountain. The abominable snowman pops out and you scream. “Help.” You grab Myungsoo’s hands as Myungsoo hugs you tighter.

            When the ride is over you all head off to the next ride the Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, and all the rides in that area.

            “I want to go on Space Mountain,” you tell everyone.

            “Let’s go,” Chen says.

            “I need to rest for a minute,” Myungsoo says. When you get to Space Mountain Myungsoo, Chanyeol, Sehun, Xiumin wait outside by the exit as the rest of you get in line for the roller coaster.

            “Will you be my seat buddy?” you ask Baekhyun.

            “Sure,” Baekhyun says. When it’s your turn to ride Space Mountain you sit down with Baekhyun. “Ready?”

            “Yep,” you say. The ride starts it’s descent and you start screaming. “Oh my gosh!”

            “Are you okay?” Baekhyun asks. He has his hands up.

            “Sort of,” you say. You grab onto his arm for the rest of the time until the ride stops.

            “That was fun!” D.O. says. “Look at your picture they took Alex.” You see yourself with your eyes wide open your arm wrapped around Baekhyun’s.

            “I’m going to buy it,” Baekhyun says. “Be back in a sec.” Baekhyun goes off to buy the picture of you two.

            “Are you having fun today?” a girl asks from behind you.

            “Yes,” you answer.

            “Well,” she says. “I’m so glad Alex. You Infinite stealer.” She whacks you over the head with her purse pushing you onto the ground.

            “Alex!” D.O. yells. The girl runs off as D.O. crouches on the ground. You feel blood running from your mouth from you falling. “Are you okay?” The other members run over to you.

            “Let’s get you some sort of medical aid here,” Kris says. He picks you up in his arms.

            “I’ll tell the other what happened,” Kai says. He runs over to find Myungsoo, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Xiumin. Kris and the others rush you off to find a place to get you treated.

            “Thank you,” you say in Kris arms passing out.