Not the Happiest Place On Earth

Once In A Lifetime

 

You wake up lying down in a bed in a bright white room. You rub your eyes sitting up in bed. You have several bandages on your head and face. That’s right you were attacked outside of Space Moutain you remember.

            “Where am I?” you ask looking around.

            “The health center,” a voice responds. Myungsoo walks into the room. “I can’t believe what happened. I’m so sorry Alex.” He goes to you hugging you.

            “It’s okay,” you say to him. “It was just a accident. I guess your fans are everywhere.”

            “Still,” Myungsoo says he sits down on the bed. “I feel bad because you got hurt because of me.” The others walk into the room after they hear your voice.

            “Are you okay?” Luhan asks worried.

            “Yes I am now,” you say smiling at them. “Thank you all for taking me here. Thank you Kris for carrying me.”

            “No problem,” Kris says smiling at you. “Just as long as you’re okay.”

            “I’m feeling better,” you say. “But we all left the park.”

            “This is part of the park,” Kai says. “You’re just resting.”

            “I think I’m ready to head back out,” you say. “I still want to have fun with all of you not be stuck in here. Let’s go back out to the park.”

            “Are you sure?” Myungsoo asks. “We don’t want to make you tired.”

            “I’ll be fine,” you say grabbing his arm. “I promise.” You get out of the bed putting your shoes on. “Let’s go.” You all leave the health center to head back out to have fun in the park.

            “What do you want to do next?” Chen asks.

            “Thunder Mountain,” you say. “Let’s go.” You all head off in the direction to Frontier Land.

            “Kai oppa!” a girl calls. She runs up to you guys. “Take a picture with me please?”

            “Sure,” Kai says. He wraps his arm around the girl as they take a picture. “Here you go.”

            “Thank you oppa,” she says. “I love you. But why are you with him?” She glares at you pointing a finger. “He is bad oppa.”

            “Ya,” Kai says no longer smiling. “Alex is my friend. Do not bother him like that. He is a good person.”

            “No he isn’t oppa,” she says. “He took Myungsoo away from everyone.”

            “No he didn’t,” Myungsoo says stepping in front of you. “I took Alex away from you. Let’s go.” He bows quickly as you all continue on your way to Thunder Mountain.

 

            After the ride you decide to get lunch at a restaurant in New Orleans Square.

            “This is the place where they have monte cristo sandwiches,” D.O. says. “Let’s get those.”

            “Yeah,” Kai says. “Let’ eat, I’m hungry.”

            “Me too,” Chanyeol says. “Come on Baekhyunnie.” He grabs Baekhyun’s hand as you guys enter the restaurant.

            You all get your seats and order your food. You see a group of girls staring and whispering about you. Well you don’t know if they’re talking about you but you have a feeling they are.

            “I think they’re talking about me,” you tell Myungsoo. “Those girls.” You motion to those girls.

            “Aish,” Myungsoo says sighing. “I’m sorry Alex.” You shrug your shoulders slouching in your seat. “It’s okay.” He wraps his arm around you.

            “I think I want to head back to the hotel after lunch,” you say after you get your food. “Disneyland isn’t what I thought it would be.”

            “Are you sure?” Sehun asks. “Don’t let jealous girls ruin your time.”

            “I’m okay,” you say to them. “I’m just tired still.”

            “Okay,” Myungsoo says. “I’ll go back with you.”

            “You,” you begin to say.

            “I want to,” Myungsoo says. “Okay?”

            “Okay,” you say. “Thank you. The rest of you can enjoy the rest of your time in the park.”

            “Bye Alex,” D.O. says pouting.

            “Bye,” Baekhyun says looking the other way. You can feel like Baekhyun is upset with you.

            “I’ll see you later,” you say patting Baekhun’s shoulder. “Let’s go.” Myungsoo and I leave the park to head back to the hotel room.

            We get to the hotel and head to the room.

            “I hope you feel better tomorrow or later tonight,” Myungsoo says to you as you lay down in the bed. “Do you need anything else?”

            “I think I’m okay,” I say pulling the covers up.

            “Have a nice rest,” Myungsoo says patting your hair. “I’ll be in the living room if you need me.”

            “Okay,” I say. “Thank you.” Myungsoo leaves the room as you close your eyes.

 

            You wake up a while later checking your phone it’s 5 o’clock. You sit up in bed pushing the covers down.

            “Are you feeling better?” it’s Baekhyun laying on his bed reading.

            “Yes,” you say. “Can we talk?”

            “Sure,” Baekhyun says. “What’s up?”

            “Are you mad at me?” you ask him. It’s been bothering you for a while. “You seem different.”

            “Hmm?” Baekhyun says closing his book looking at you.

            “You seem to be treating me different since I started dating Myungsoo,” you say. “So are you upset with me or something?”

            “No,” Baekhyun says looking hurt. “I’m not upset. Why would I be upset? I’m happy you finally got your number one to date you. I have no reason to be sad.”

            “Then why are you being to distant with me?” you ask him. “You used to always talk to me but now you hardly do.”

            “I don’t know,” Baekhyun says crossing his arms. “I’m sorry if I’ve been quiet lately. Why are you so mad with me?”

            “Whatever,” you say sighing. “It’s fine if you are. If you aren’t that’s fine too. I’m leaving the room.”

            “Fine,” Baekhyun says. “Do what you want Alex, I don’t care anymore. In fact just go away from my life since you want to accuse me of being something that I’m not. Leave.”

            You stop with your hand on the doorknob looking at him. You try to say something but stop and leave the room.

            You head into the living room walking past everyone.

            “Are you feeling better?” Chanyeol asks you.

            “Yea,” you say. “I feel better. I need to go to the bathroom.” You walk past him and head outside. You sit down on the balcony hugging your knees. You never thought you’d see Baekhyun get angry with you or anyone like that. You start crying because you’re upset.

            “I shouldn’t be crying,” you say to yourself. “I’m fine.” But you know it’s a lie. “Maybe I shouldn’t have asked him that. It’s too late now though.” You keep crying as the screen door behind you opens.

            “Alex?” a voice says to you. That’s when you remember the balcony connects to your room as well. Baekhyun sits down next to you on the balcony. “Look I’m sorry for saying that to you. I don’t mean it.”

            “I’m sorry for accusing you of being mad,” you say still crying. “I didn’t mean to upset you.”

            “I’m sorry,” Baekhyun says. “Really.” He wraps his arm around you comforting you. “I take it back. I’m glad you came into my life and changed my world. I couldn’t be happier in fact.”

            “Me too,” you say wiping your eyes. “Thank you.”

           

            “Hmm,” Myungsoo says to himself from inside your room. “What is going on?”