We're People Before Idols

Once In A Lifetime

 

            The next day you wake up not being able to move. You look over seeing Baekhyun’s arm wrapped around you him still sleeping. You grab your phone checking updates and messages letting Baekhyun sleep.

            ‘I guess he’s been working hard, I better let him sleep some more,’ you say to yourself.

            You check Instagram looking at all the k-pop pages you follow.

           

            An hour later Baekhyun starts stirring finally opening his eyes looking at you.

            “Good morning,” you say to him. “Did you sleep well?”

            “Yeah,” Baekhyun says. “I finally got to sleep well and peacefully. Sorry for sleeping all over you.”

            “It’s fine,” you say. “What do you want to do today?”      

            “Want to hang out with EXO and spend the night in our dorm?” Baekhyun says. “You always invite me over I think I should do the same.”

            “Okay,” you say. “I’ll ask my mom.” You both get out of bed as you go talk to your mom.

            You return to your room saying you can spend the day with Baekhyun.

            “Let’s get changed and go,” Baekhyun says. “I’ll have a car pick us up.” You let Baekhyun go to the bathroom while you both change.            

 

            “Do the clothes fit you?” you ask after you finish changing.

            “They’re fine,” Baekhyun answers. “I’ll change when we get back to the dorm then we’ll go have fun.”

            The car comes to your house and you say goodbye to your mom.

            “Bye thank you for last night,” Baekhyun says.

            “You’re welcome,” mom says. “See you tomorrow.” You get into the car heading to EXO’s dorm. This is the first time you’ve seen their house.

            “I hope I’m not a burden there,” you say. What if the other members don’t want you there?

            “Not at all,” Baekhyun says. “You’re my friend and that’s it.” He turns on the radio as you two sing along to the K-pop starting with Apink’s ‘NoNoNo.’

            “I like this song,” you say. “It’s so catchy.”

            “Yeah,” Baekhyun says. “I like it a lot!”

 

            You arrive at the building housing EXO’s dorm.

            “We’re hear,” Baekhyun says. “Follow me.” You exit the van and head inside the building taking an elevator to the 3rd floor. “First off I’m sorry if the place is a mess.” You enter the EXO dorm. The place isn’t as messy as expected but far from being clean.

            “I’m home!” Baekhyun announces. “I’ve brought my friend Alex too! Let me go change into my clothes and then we’ll go do something fun.” He leaves you in the living room to go change.

            You sit awkwardly on the couch waiting.

            “Hi,” a voice says sliding next to you. It’s D.O.! “So you’re the guy that’s stolen Baekhyun from us. I’m just kidding but Baekhyun talks about you a lot. A lot.”

            “Oh,” you say smiling. “I had no idea.”

            “Yeah,” this time it’s Chen. “He’s glad to have met you. Super glad.”

            “Yep,” D.O. laughs. “Being his fanboy and all.”

            “That’s right,” Baekhyun says returning from his room. “Find your own fanboys. So we’re going to go out and have fun do any of you want to come with us?”

            “Sure,” D.O. says. “I want to have fun too!”

            “Me too,” Chen says.

            “Me three,” Kai says entering the room. “So does Chanyeol.” Chanyeol enters the room.

            “Nice to meet you Alex,” he says looking at you. “So you’re the one that’s taking all of my Bacon’s time.”

            “I guess,” you say quietly. For some reason he scared you but he seemed nice like Takashi from Ouran High School Host Club.

            “Let’s go then!” Baekhyun says. “And Alex is spending the night.”

            “Cool,” D.O. says. You, Baekhyun, Kai, D.O., Chen, and Chanyeol head out of the dorm heading into a car.

            “Aren’t you worried about crazy fans stalking you?” you ask them in the car.

            “Yea,” D.O. says. “But we’re humans too. We want to do things and have fun, we’re people before idols.”

            “Yes,” Chanyeol says. “We want to enjoy the things people do just as much as you do.”

 

            The van takes you all the way to a park outside of Seoul where there’s a playground, a few food stalls, and lots of open space.

            “You like playing at parks?” Baekhyun asks. “This is our favorite place. Not too many people and it’s fun to just run around with friends.”

            “Cool,” you say. You all get out of the van heading over to the playground.

            “Chen push me on the swing,” Kai laughs.

            “Aish,” Chen says pushing Kai once he’s on the swing. “Big baby.” Everyone gets on the swings swinging having a good time laughing.

            “This is fun,” you say smiling. A hand pushes your back making you swing higher. You turn your head seeing Chanyeol smiling as he pushes you on the swing.

            “I like the swings the most,” Kai says. “It’s like you’re flying.”

            “Yea,” Chanyeol says.

 

            After a while on the swings you order ddukbokki and kimbap from one of the stands.

            “The food is good here,” Baekhyun says. “I like it.”

            “You like everything,” D.O. says laughing. You all start eating.

            “Do any of the people recognize you much?” you ask. “Like when the place is crowded?”

            “Not really,” Chen answers. “It’s more of a unknown place. We haven’t had any crazy meetings here.”

            “The people in the food stalls seem to not know who you guys are,” you say eating a piece of kimbap.

            “They probably don’t have kids at home,” D.O. says. “They just think we’re regular people. Which is kind of cool to me. Someone that isn’t obsessed with me being famous.”

            After you finish eating you lay down on the grass staring at the sky. Everything here is so peaceful unlike the daily life you expect. It’s like the busy world you know doesn’t exist here.

            “I want to come back here soon,” you say.

            “It’s a plan,” Baekhyun says laying down next to you. “We’ll go here again.”

            “Yeah,” Kai says laying down on the other side of you. “You’re a good friend Alex. Not a crazy sasaeng and not someone that’s fazed with hanging out with idols. It’s like you know we’re idols but you don’t let it bother you.”

            “Yeah,” D.O. says. “You’re just you and that’s what makes you stand out from others. Especially since Baekhyun helped you with your confidence and new look. He even said Myungsoo noticed you.”

            “How many of you know about my feelings for Myungsoo?” you ask shyly. What if the other members didn’t feel the same way Baekhyun did about you liking a guy?

            “It’s fine,” Chanyeol says. “You’re heart wants what it wants and if you’re happy that way who can tell you otherwise?”

            “Go for it Alex,” Kai says smiling. “Keep going for your dreams.”

            “Yea,” Chen says. “Everything will work out in the end someway.”

            “Thanks,” you say smiling. You didn’t expect them to accept your feelings like they did. “Thanks.”