Chapter 28

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 28

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. So damn stupid," I continuously cursed Lay under my breath while burying myself in the comforts of my blanket and pillow. "Why do you have that stupid dimple. Why do you have to be so freaking cute. Why do you have to like me. Why do I love you. Why, why, why. GAH. THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER IF YOU WERE UGLY AND I DIDN'T LOVE YOU, YOU ." I shouted. I hate him for making me feel the things I do around him. If I didn't like him then I wouldn't be feeling so ty. I blame everything on him entirely. And god damn it, can someone please slap his parents. That's really rude of me but I couldn't care less. WHO THE HELL PUTS THEIR KID IN AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SUCH UPTIGHT, RUDE, SCARY, HIDEOUS PEOPLE. It's people like them who are destroying mankind...

"Mimi?...Are you okay..." Kyungsoo peeped his head in through my door and slightly squeaked. I'd be scared of me too except I'm not. 

"YES. I'M PERFECTLY FINE. JUST DANDY. EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. I'M JUST RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS RIGHT NOW. SO HAPPY I'M GOING TO DIE. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. NOW GET THE HELL OUT AND LEAVE ME ALONE BEFORE I RIP YOUR HEAD OFF. SCREW IT!" I yelled at his face. If I weren't so mad and upset, I would've laughed at his scared expression but I was. He shut the door and scampered off without a moment's hesitation. 

"Oops, maybe that was too much...oh well," I sighed and slumped back down on my bed. I stayed quiet for a few minutes until the tears came. They ran down my cheeks leaving streaks of water. It soon turned into wailing and sobbing. God, I must look so ugly right now. Thank Buddha no one's here to see me. 

"KYUNG MI?!" Kyungsoo burst in and looked at me with panicked eyes. This time instead of telling him off, I opened my arms wide and cried like a baby. In all honesty, I just needed a hug and some comfort right now. 

"My poor little baby sister. Shhh, just let it all out. Let those feelings out," he softly mumbled. His hand rubbed my back gently as he sang a sweet tune. 

If possible, I started crying even louder and harder. I ignored the salty taste of the tears as they fell on my lips. Heck, snot was running down my nose and I couldn't care less. All I wanted was for my brother to hold me in his arms where I always felt safe and protected, and to cry all my pain away. And maybe my brother understood exactly what I wanted because he remained in that position with me in his arms until I finally cried my last tear and went to a faraway place where heartbreaks and tears didn't exist. 


(******~~~~~~~~~~******)


-(Miyu's POV)-

I stepped foot into the fancy cafe dressed in a pair of sweats and thick jacket. The weather was cold out and I wasn't planning to freeze my off in thin, short clothing like those girls in skimpy outfits. Is there a rule somewhere that says one can only look pretty with short clothing on that reveals 80 percent of your skin? Because I sure as hell don't think so. 

Rolling my eyes and silently snorting at some females who were desperately trying to impress their dates, I glanced around the busy place with people filling every corner. I slowly made my way up the flight of stairs to the second floor. 

The first thing that came to mind was the contrast in noise and people it had compared to the first level. The second floor seemed cozier and warmer. Tables and chairs were neatly laid out with a little fireplace in the corner and some beanbag chairs. A waiter stood behind a counter for what I assumed to be where they brewed the drinks for people on this floor. 

My eyes skimmed across the tables until I spotted a certain someone seated at a table for two against one of the glass walls outlooking the city. For a tiny second, my breathing hitched and my heart started pounding faster. Everything seemed to freeze as the man's eyes made contact with mine. The moment he smiled his beautiful smile I had once adored so much, I lost all control of my body and slowly without realizing, I made my way over to the male who was now standing up. I stopped just about a foot away from him, still staring deep into his eyes. 

"Long time no see, Miyu," he almost whispered yet the short greeting seemed to echo across the whole universe. It's been so long since I've last heard his voice let alone hear him say my name in such a loving way. 

My mind wasn't working properly hence I stood there dumbly, gazing at the charming face I haven't seen in the last two years. Although his hair was now a reddish color and his natural black hair gone, his face was the same as before. His eyes had that same spark of liveliness and of love. His lips quirked up in that y smirk I saw almost everyday of my life up until a couple years ago. All in all, Mark Tuan was still the hot teenage boy I was once head over heels in love with except now he was ier and resembled more of a man than a young teenager. 

"What? Is my beauty too much for you? Did it leave you speechless?" He smirked cockily. His arrogant tone snapped me out my trance. Huh, guess his damn attitude didn't change much either. 

"Shut up, you conceited idiot." I playfully narrowed my eyes at him. His smirk changed into a bright laugh. Just the sound of it sent tingles down my spine. 

"Come here and give me a hug, pig." Mark pulled me into a tight embrace and I happily wrapped my arms around his waist. We stayed like that for a few seconds before he pulled away and lightly tapped my nose. 

"Let's sit down and have a chat with a warm drink, why don't we?" He pulled the chair across from his out and I sat down after giving him a small smile. He walked back over and took a seat across from me. A short silence enveloped the atmosphere as we didn't know what to say. Frankly, I felt somewhat awkward being in his presence again after so long. 

"Over here please!" Mark raised a hand up and the waiter walked over to us, notepad in hand. 

"One hazelnut macchiato and one caramel latte please." Mark swiftly ordered and the waiter left with a small bow. 

"You...still remember my favorite drink?" I hesitantly questioned.

"Of course. In the winter, it's a caramel latte. And caramel frappe for summer. Miyu, I spent four years with you, it's not that simple to forget something I was once so used to. Everytime we went out to a cafe, you'd request the drink," he wistfully smiled. "I still miss those days, you know."

I awkwardly coughed and looked down at my hands in my lap. "I see. So how've you been lately?" 

"Fine. Just fine."

"Only fine? No good? No amazing?" I teasingly smirked but his next response erased the expression. 

"No. Not since you left," he stared deep in my eyes and I could feel my skin crawling. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably and stared out the glass at the people strolling and cars passing by. The waiter brought our drinks to us and I took a sip to warm myself up. 

"Mark...you were the one who left."

"Really? From what I can recall, you were the one who left me standing in the rain after a harsh slap to the face," he raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah well, I wouldn't have done that if you hadn't kissed her!" I angrily snapped with a raised voice. A few others who were up there turned to me with disapproving eyes. Feeling embarrassed and guilty for disturbing them, I bowed my head in a silent apology and turned to glare at Mark. 

"You didn't listen to my explanation before you sprinted off though."

"I didn't need one," I coldly said. 

"If you weren't so damn stubborn, our relationship could be different," he sighed in frustration. We both kept silent after that. 

"It's not like it matters anymore, Yi En. I've forgiven you a long time ago. We can still remain friends, can't we?" I attempted a lighthearted smile at him. 

"...can't we go back to the way we were? To the happy couple we were?" He softly asked and desperately grabbed my hands in his. I pulled my hands away. 

"Mark, just because I've forgiven you doesn't mean that she has. She's going to kill both me and you if she finds out you even had the decency to show up in front of me and ask for me back," I shook my head. "Besides...I have a boyfriend now and it's not you, Mark." I stared at his pair of shocked eyes with my own unwavering ones.

"What?" He dumbly responded.

"I have a boyfriend. And I love him," I enunciated each word slowly and carefully.

"...I'm too late then?" He sadly whispered.

"Mark...even if I didn't have one, I'm not sure I would even want to go back to you at all. You hurt me once and that's enough to scar a person for life. I was lucky enough to meet Kris; the one who truly healed my wound that you had caused. I'm not the only one who was hurt by your actions though. You owe her an apology more than you do me," I pointedly stated. 

"I...know...but, I don't really wish for a black eye or broken nose or some ," he shuddered at the thought.

"You deserve it, ," I rolled my eyes.

"Sureee. You don't even know the full story," he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Then I guess it's story-telling time." I crossed my arms and leaned back in the chair while sternly gazing at him.

"Oh, so now you decide to listen to what I have to say," Mark lightly glared in my direction.

"Yes, which is why you should quickly explain. I'm not going to sit here all day," I impatiently tapped my fingers on my crossed arms. 

"Fine, fine. Still as impatient as ever I see." He shook his head with a playful smile. "You remember that guy named Son Kisung?"

"Yeah, he was that one popular kid with girls running in all directions to him," I said. I cocked an eyebrow at him questioningly. "What does he have to do with anything? As far as I can remember, I've never even spoken a single letter to him."

"He's more than just a popular kid who walked around acting all sweet and nice. Kisung was actually the leader of that one bandit group everyone feared. Remember those news articles about a group of teenagers and killing young girls and how they also stole money from shops and stuff? He was the leader of that group," Mark stopped and took a sip of his drink while looking at me with expectant eyes, waiting for my reaction.

"Wha- How do you even know this? Don't make some up," I scolded.

"I'm not making stuff up. Sheesh woman. My dad's a cop, remember that? They were able to catch the whole entire gang later including Kisung. However, they only told the media and public that they had imprisoned those people. The gang's identity wasn't disclosed which is why you wouldn't know Kisung was part of the whole ordeal much less the fact that he was the cause of it all. Also, Kisung liked to sleep around with different woman all the time and he was a drug dealer. His school appearance was just a facade."

"Okay, I get it. People aren't who you think they are. Now get to the main point and tell me exactly how Kisung and his disgusting actions are related to the reason for our breakup."

"Kisung had every girl in school after him and like I had mentioned, girls love him. I don't know if you noticed, but he always snuck glances at Kyung Mi when she wasn't looking. She also happened to be the one single girl who didn't pay much attention to him even though we both knew she had a weird major crush on him but was too scared to talk to him. So I had forgotten my textbook in math class that one day and I had to go back and retrieve it which explains why I was late to lunch, making you wait there for a long time for the first time ever. Right when I was about to leave, my eyes caught the corner of a pink envelope sticking out of his bag that happened to be sitting on his desk. I know you don't normally look at others' belongings but I was just curious and looked at it. It seemed like a love note or something so you can't blame my curiosity. Kisung got those all the time but he never actually looked at them. A few times after school I caught him throwing all his fan letters away. My curiosity arose and I opened the envelope and almost died choking on my saliva. It was a confession coming from Kisung to Kyung Mi and I thought he was gonna give it to her or something. At the time, I already knew of his dangerous and playboy personality. Obviously I wouldn't want a close friend getting involved with someone like Kisung even though I knew Kyung Mi had liked him since forever. I thought of a plan to stop him from getting close to her and put the envelope back the way I had found it.

"On the note, he had written a time and place for Kyung Mi to meet with him. It was at the back of the school so I made my way there about half an hour till the supposed time he wanted to meet her. Kyung Mi was five minutes early so I used that time to convince her of Kisung's true personality. The idiot wouldn't believe me because of her naivety. She thought someone like him wouldn't do such a thing and said I was just being mean and jealous of the guy. Right then, I saw Kisung walking up to us out of the corner of my eye. Before I could actually think carefully about my next actions, I pulled Kyung Mi to me and kissed her. Which was also when you just so inconveniently decided to come. You wouldn't even let me tell my story before you ran off. Kyung Mi slapped me and then left and probably told you her perspective. By the way, the slap you gave me later that night when I came over to your hurt like hell."

I sat silently for maybe about ten minutes before breaking it with an accusing tone. "Where's your evidence? How can I so easily believe you?" 

"Miyu, we spent two years together as best friends and two years as a couple. Sure we were young but I can tell you with no hesitation that what I felt for you was pure and innocent love. Tell me a time when I lied to you or treated you horribly. When was I not truthful to you? When was I not faithful? Why would I lie about something like this," he stared into my eyes and spoke with sadness and longing. "What I did was never meant to hurt you. It was to protect both you and Kyung Mi."

"You're really not lying?" I softened at his tone.

He scoffed and turned his gaze out the window. "You don't believe me after four years of knowing each other?" 

At his offended voice, I immediately felt guilty for doubting him. "You're saying you knew about Kisung and his evillness so you tried stopping Mimi from getting involved with someone like him but your first plan was obviously a fail and you decided to kiss her why?"

"Kisung didn't touch women who were in a relationship for some weird reason so I thought if I kissed her, he would back off. That plan backfired too," Mark shook his head and winced at the memories flooding his mind. 

"If I called your dad, he would confirm everything to be true?" My last question burst out from my mouth, yet I knew I could trust him by now. Mark wasn't someone who lied to get people off his case. 

"Yes, he would."

"...Then I guess I have a few things to say myself. Yi En, I forgive you. I'm sorry for not trusting you and believing in you. I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself two years ago. I'm sorry I ran away and cruelly left you because I had thought I knew everything. I'm sorry I broke your heart when I left. And I'm also sorry for breaking your hope and heart again because whether or not I forgive you, I can't go back to being yours. I love my current boyfriend more than my own life and I can't just leave him for my first love. But as my first love, you'll always have a special place in my heart because to me, you were an important part of my life back then and you still are. If you don't mind, let's remain best friends. Because even if you and I can't have each other as lovers, I want to be your female best friend. Someone who will always be there to support you and help you in your darkest times. Someone who will be there to jump in happiness with you when you're happy. Someone who will laugh at your mistakes and failures but comfort you at the end of the day. But not that someone who will walk down the aisle and tell you she'll love you for eternity. Not that someone who can return your love. Not that someone who will wait for you to return to her side everyday. Not everyone is meant to be, Yi En. And I guess we were one of those people. But just because I can't love you the way I did back then anymore doesn't mean that someone else can't. There's a girl out there somewhere waiting for her knight in shining armor to come save her and you're that knight for her. You just have to wait till the right time before you get to meet the person who will be the love of your life. You'll love her more than you ever did me. So for now, you just have to learn to let go of me and give yourself time before you start searching for that girl. But if you want, I can always aid you in your quest."

After finishing up what I had to say, I waited for him to say something. Mark wore a blank expression but I saw his glistening eyes, ready for tears to spill out.

"You really can't give me a second chance?"

"I'm sorry, but I love someone else. You're part of the past. And I can't go back to the past," I softly said. 

"Okay, fine. From today onwards, I'll let you go. Just stay happy...that's enough for me. But if you ever need someone to vent to, come to me. I'll always be there for you...as a best friend." He solemnly whispered. 

"Hey, at least you're still somewhat special to me," I joked. 

"Just somewhat? Not very?" He raised a brow. 

"Fine, you're very special. Happy?" I laughed. 

"Satisfied enough. So how's life been with your new lover?" He waggled his eyebrows but underneath his joyful facade, I could see the pain and grief reflected in his eyes. 

"It was perfect up until recently. My parents are actually attempting to put me in an arranged marriage with Kyung Mi's boyfriend, Zhang Yixing," I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"No way!" He exclaimed with wide eyes. 

"Ridiculous, isn't it?" I sighed. 

"No, I mean Kyung Mi actually has a boyfriend? A real legit boyfriend?" He gasped. 

"You jerk! That's not the main point here."

"I know, I know. Just kidding, sheesh," he held both palms up in surrender. 

"We're trying to think of an escape but it seems as though there is none."

"Kim Miyu, you haven't forgotten how badass I was during our days together, have you?" He raised a teasing brow. 

"No. You weren't exactly an angel back then. And I doubt you are now either," I scoffed. 

"If you want, I can easily lend a helping hand."

"Really?" I looked at him, attention fully grabbed. 

"Remember how much your parents adored me? They wouldn't stop pestering us with the topic of marriage," he cheekily grinned. 

"Where are you going with this? Do you even know how mad they were at me after we broke up? They blamed me for everything, it wasn't even logical!" I snapped. 

"Sorry, but I think we can use it to our, or more closely your advantage." He shrugged whilst snickering. 

"How?" I looked at him, utterly confused. 

"Just tell them you're getting back together with me. That should solve everything, I'm sure they'll easily cancel your marriage."

"Mark Tuan, are you trying to be funny? Or is this your way of trying to get back with me?" I glared at him. 

"Goodness, Miyu. I may love you but I'm not going to continue and chase after you when it's obvious you're not going to return those feelings. I don't wanna be one of those depressing idiots that don't have a life just because of an ex lover. I'm serious about this suggestion. Just think about it, I'm not bragging but your parents would jump at the chance if they find out I can be a potential son-in-law again."

"I-I don't know," I bit my lip in hesitation. 

"Just go home and talk to your friends about it. If they don't want to go with that plan, just try to concoct another one. Let's meet up here again at precisely noon tomorrow."

"How are you so sure we'll still need your help if we decide to ignore your plan?" I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Oh, don't worry. You'll need my help either way, trust me. Besides, I'm your best friend. How could you possibly leave me out on this?" He pouted. God, he looked adorable. 

"Fine. What happens after the marriage is canceled? What are you going to tell my parents then?"

"Once everything is settled down, tell them the truth. Then fly to Korea right away. I'll most likely go with you," he said.

"Why?" I looked at him. 

"Did you want to stay in the danger zone or leave and be safe? Your parents will kill us both once they found out it was all a scheme," he rolled his eyes. 

"True that...are your parents still in L.A.?"

"Yup. I flew back there from Korea after our breakup but recently came here for vacation. So yeah, just go home and discuss with whoever you have to talk to and then meet up with me again tomorrow. And once we've agreed on everything, I seriously need to get those plane tickets booked."

"Yeah well, you'll probably need to book three. Yixing's not going to stay here, he'll be the first to run back to Korea," I chuckled.

"Sure, no problem."

"Then, I'll leave now. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess," I slowly stood up from my seat and stretched. Mark followed and stood up too.

"How'd you get here?" 

"Driver. It's annoying, my parents force me to make him drive me everywhere," I wrinkled my nose. "Darn, I forgot to call him to pick me up." I groaned in frustration.

Mark smiled and patted my head. "Don't worry, I'll drive you back if you want."

"Really? That'd be great," I sighed in relief.

"What would you do without me, Miyu?" He dramatically said.

"Live better."

"Yah!"

 

_____________________________________

HIYA EVERYONE OMFG I UPDATED WOOOO

Actually this chapter was posted faster than the others since I actually was motivated to write this. LOL 

Also, I'm currently in the middle of writing a Mark oneshot and I've finished the foreword and everything. I won't post it up yet though until I'm at least halfway done with the story. And it's going to be angst YAASSASASAASS

LOLOLOLOL BUT LIKE YOU GUAIS DONT UNDERSTAND MY MARK FEEEEEELS LIKE WAE IS HE SO SDLKFJWOEIJFLDKFJSDLKFJASDLKIOWEJF

lol okay yeah sorry that was random LMFAO

okai bai

-2pmfan4ever