Chapter 16

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

 

Chapter 16

 

-(Kyung Mi’s  POV)-

After explaining everything to Kai yesterday, we just went out to eat ddeokbokki. Man, that’s some good stuff right there. He walked me home and then I went into the house…and got bombarded with questions from Miyu, yours truly. I tried ignoring her but it didn’t work very well. In the end, I just told her everything because, come on. She’s one of my best friends. I can’t exactly hide everything from her. Once I told her about my feelings for Lay and how Kai told me about his past relationship, she started spazzing and squealing like a pig.

I had an excuse to avoid Lay yesterday, but what about today? I can't exactly drag Kai with me to some place just to get away from Lay. It's not fair for Kai and Lay would start getting suspicious. Maybe I should just act like nothing ever happened. The kiss was just a part of my imagination. Or maybe Lay just did it in the heat of the moment, not really meaning anything when he kissed me. But...I wish he meant it. I wish he would kiss me because he loved me. 

I walked to school with D.O and Miyu, being extremely quiet the whole walk there. Normally, I'd be blabbering off but I couldn't find it in me to be all hyper and stuff. 

"Kyung Mi, are you okay?" Miyu asked. "Don't tell me this is because of Lay?" She whispered the last part in my ear. D.O doesn't know about my feelings for Lay or what happened between us at the supermarket. He doesn't need to know. 

"Nah, just tired," I shrugged. Miyu rolled her eyes, knowing that Lay was the problem. 

"That's why you need to sleep earlier, Mimi," D.O sighed. 

"Whatever," I frowned. I hate sleeping early.

As soon as we got to the school, Miyu and I walked to our lockers. After grabbing our books, we trudged to our math class. The guys were already there. Yeon Hee was sitting there, talking and joking with them. Eun Hee was being Eun Hee and sleeping. 

"Where did you go after school yesterday, Kyung Mi?" Chen asked. Miyu jumped in before I could say anything. 

"She went on a date with Kai. They ate ddeokbokki~" She said. 

"A DATE?! YOU GUYS ARE DATING?!" Sehun suddenly yelled. I resisted the urge to face palm. 

"Stupid. Of course not! We just hung out after school, it wasn't a date," Kai whacked Sehun in the head who started whining. I chuckled at their silliness. 

"Kyung Mi!" I turned my head to the side and saw Lay standing by the door, smiling and showing off his stupid dimples. "Meet me on the rooftop at lunch! Don't be late!" And then he was gone as suddenly as he came. 

"O...kay then," I tilted my head in confusion. Why does he want me to go up there?

"Oooohhh, someone's got a date," Chen teased. 

"Shut up, Troll. It's not a date. It's just a meeting up on the rooftop. Maybe he has a question about something," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why would he ask you about anything? You're pretty stupid and the only thing you're good at is eating," Chen laughed. I glared at him. 

"Chen Chen's right," Yeon Hee said. "You're bad at everything but eating."

"You guys are mean," I grumbled.

"It's not mean. It's the truth," Tao laughed. 

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******)

 

-(Miyu's POV)-

"Ppalli! You can't just leave Lay waiting! Get your to the rooftop!" I pushed Kyung Mi out of the classroom doors. 

"Stop pushing! Aish! I know woman, the bell just rang. Calm down!" She yelled.

"Mianhae. I was just excited. Ehehe," I grinned impishly.

"Oh my god. You are such an idiot," she sighed.

"Whatever, enough talk. Hurry and get your out of here!" This time she willingly walked away by herself.

"What's wrong with you? Like, seriously," Eun Hee came out of the classroom followed by Kai, Tao, Sehun, Chen, and Yeon Hee.

"You rushed out of the class, pulling Kyung Mi with you right when the bell rang," Sehun raised his eyebrows at me.

"She had to hurry and meet Lay on the rooftop. Can't have her be late, can we?" I chuckled. 

"You sound like you really want them to date," Chen made a face. 

"Oh c'mon Chen Chen. Don't act like you don't want it either," I rolled my eyes. He chuckled and we started walking towards the cafeteria.

"Shouldn't you be worrying about your own relationship problems and not Kyung Mi's?" Tao questioned.

"Relationship problems? Me? What are you talking about?" I stared at them. 

"Yuyu, don't even try denying it. You totally like Kris. After this month ends, you'll probably go and confess to him and try to date him for real," Yeon Hee rolled her eyes.

"Andddd, he'll probably accept. Cause we all know they both love each other," Kai laughed. My face turned red as I harrumphed at them. 

"SHUT UP! I don't like him. Geez," I stomped away from them. 

"Aww, come back here, Yuyu! Don't be mad at us!!!" Sehun laughed. I walked away and almost ran into...Luhan. 

"Miyu? Why do you look so flustered?" He asked, eyeing me curiously. 

"FOR THE LAST TIME. I DON'T HAVE ANY ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR WU YIFAN. SO WOULD YOU ALL JUST BACK THE HECK OFF. I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL!!!" I shouted and pushed him aside, stomping furiously into the lunch line. 

"But...I didn't even say anything about that. What's wrong with her?" Luhan frowned.

"AWWW. ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T BELONG IN THE MENTAL HOSPITAL, KIM MIYU?!" Eun Hee shouted back, cackling. 

I turned around to glare at all of them who just followed me into the cafeteria. "SHUT UP. I'LL FREAKING MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP."

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

I ran up the steps leading to the rooftop. As soon as I pushed the door open, I was greeted with Lay's side profile that was standing and leaning against the railings. I didn't realize I was staring at his perfect profile until a few seconds later and mentally felt like slapping myself.

"Yixing? You wanted me to come up here?" I gulped, calling him by his real name. At that moment, he turned around and stared at me for a few seconds before a gentle smile fell upon his face. 

"Yeah, I did. That's exactly why I asked you to come here," he lightly chuckled, showing his cute dimple. "Are you just going to stand there? Come over here. I have to tell you a few...things," he gestured me to come stand beside him. I did as told and quietly waited for him to start speaking.

"It's been five days since the day I kissed you. And do you know what I've been thinking about since then?" He broke the silence with his gentle voice.

I blushed at the mention of the kiss but shook my head. "What have you been thinking about?"

"About the kiss. About you," he answered.

"Uhhh..." I responded dumbly. He giggled.

"I couldn't get you out of my mind no matter what I did. Sounds cliche but it's true. You dominated all my other thoughts. When I closed my eyes, I saw you. When I ate something, I remembered the sweet taste of your lips. The light scent of cherry blossoms fill my nose whenever you're around and I can't get enough of it...Does this sound creepy? I hope not cause it's not supposed to," he frowned worriedly. "Anyways, the point is, I love you more than you would ever know and I want you to be mine. What do you say? And I'm normally shy about these topics, but with you around...I feel like I can't waste another minute of my life not having you know how I truly feel," He smiled.

I couldn't answer. Not because I didn't know what my answer was, but because I lost my voice. All this time, he felt the same way for me. And his smile, it made me even more speechless.

"...Kyung Mi? Are you okay? Did this shock you too much? I'm sorry, don't feel pressured to answer. I'll give you time if you want," he offered. Even now, he's still polite and considerate, thinking of me instead of forcing me to give him an answer right away. 

"N-no. I...like you too." I felt so stupid after saying that. Like, what the pho? He gives a speech about his feelings and all I can say is 'I like you'? Lameee. 

"Huh?" He looked at me, obviously shocked. 

"I like you too," I looked anywhere but his gentle, brown eyes.

"Like only? Not love?" He teased. He chuckled lightly.

"Yah!...fine. I l-love you too," I mumbled. 

"Didn't hear you. Can you repeat that again?" He grinned mischievously.

"I love you," I said it louder this time and I KNOW he heard it. 

"Still can't hear you," he complained.

"YAH. ZHANG YIXING. I KNOW YOU HEARD ME AND I AM NOT REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN," I yelled, my face was bright red. 

"HAHAHHAHAH! You should see your face!" He bent over, laughing his off. After a while, I couldn't help but burst out laughing too.

"Does this mean we're an official couple now?" He grinned at me. 

"Not until you get me ice cream after school. Then I'll consider it," I mockingly grinned at him. 

"Yahhh, don't be like that, Kyung Mi-ah," he whined.

"Be like what? If you want to be my boyfriend, take me out for ice cream later," I crossed my arms expectantly. 

"Fine. But after that, you're gonna be my girlfriend. For real. Which means I'm going to tell all the other guys so they don't get all touchy touchy with you," he wrinkled his nose. 

"Awww, is the unicorn jealous?" I laughed.

"Only for you, Mimi. Only for you," he winked. 

"EWWW. Don't do that. It's disturbing," I made a face at him. 

He chuckled. "I agree, it's awkward." I shook my head at him.

"Come on. Let's get back to the cafeteria before everyone thinks we went MIA. And if anyone asks why we were up here, just make up some random excuse," I said. 

"Yeah, yeah. I know," he rolled his eyes and pulled me towards the door. 

"And let go of my hand. We're not an official couple yet and the others can't see us like this until after you tell them our relationship status," I pulled my hand away. 

"Okay. Just be warned that once I make you my girlfriend, I'm never letting you go, no matter the circumstances," he said with a determined voice. 

"Mm, arasso. And just know that, no matter what happens, you'll never escape from my grasp after this," I smiled.

"I never said I wanted to escape," he pecked my cheek and ran away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong, yeoreobun! It's been a little while. 

I took this opportunity to update since I don't have school tomorrow. WOOHOO. 3 DAY WEEKEND~

I hope you guys enjoyed the LayMi in this chapter! 

And I was just wondering, does anyone here ship KaiMi?

Hehehe, thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting everyone! 

I'll make sure to make this story as interesting as I can with a few plot twists here and there!!! :D